These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What will be the AUR price of Skill Extractors? Show us your guess!

Author
Moonlit Raid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#81 - 2016-01-30 18:19:47 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
1 plex currently gets you what? About 1.5m sp (a months worth) through multiple character training?
SP packets are 500k (lowest tier, 400k will be usual) so the absolute minimum would be 1/3 of a plex (as it gives 1/3 the sp), or 3 per plex. However, SP packets have 2 important advantages over multi char training.
- This SP applies to a main, not just alts.
- This SP applies instantly rather than having to wait for training
There is one main disadvantage.
- Rather than pulling sp from thin air as MCT does, it must extract it from someone else, adding to the final cost.

I agree with war kitten, I expect the price of just the extractors will be about half a plex, at least.

I don't agree with the justification since the SP has already been "paid" for [at least] once.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Drunken Angel
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#82 - 2016-01-30 18:33:04 UTC
Yossarian Toralen wrote:
The price on the market will be affected by the amount of money they charge for the tool, the cost of the tool to move SP around should be negligible seeing as they have stated that the market will set the price.

But at the end of the day CCP owns the SP even though they have earned income from selling it the first time so they can charge whatever they want for the the tool to move it.

My guess is 2 for a plex or whatever that converts into AUR and that will be way too much to not affect market value of the final product.



1000 aur each with occasional buy one get one free sales ...
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#83 - 2016-01-30 21:47:34 UTC
$5. But just because that feels right to me it wouldn't surprise me if CCP charges $10.
Oliver Ward
Doomheim
#84 - 2016-01-30 21:57:43 UTC
I'm going to guess that they'll cost 1,925 AUR per extractor. It's 55% of the AUR from one PLEX, so you aren't going to get two extractors for one PLEX, and the AUR<>SP conversion is still below that of on-remap training (compared to PLEX), but not so much that a person might feel cheated from it.

It's still significantly better to train (an on-remap, no-implant conversion between SP and AUR is 462.86 AUR / SP for a PLEX, which would be 891k SP as a 1-to-1 for an extractor at 1,925 AUR), but isn't so laughably low as to make it essentially a joke item.

Additionally, it doesn't hit any price duplication in the store. Even when items are on sale, they never duplicate AUR prices across classes of items. The only exception to the price duplication is the Dual Training thing (I think that's it; I can't log in right now to double-check).
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#85 - 2016-01-30 23:43:51 UTC
1,000 AUR - based this price off the resculpt cert.

@lunettelulu7

Epic Name
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2016-01-31 07:05:57 UTC
200 - 300 AUR if CCP is going to be reasonable. 400k SP return is a piddly amount to be honest and to price it unreasonably would just be defeating the whole purpose in my opinion.
Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#87 - 2016-01-31 08:11:21 UTC
If one can ascribe a monetary value to SP, then at max training rate on a 12 month sub, 500k SP is worth $2.82. For MCT via PLEX, it works out at 500k SP equaling $5.13.
A price of $2.31 (or 415 AUR) per extractor would seem to be the dividing point between CCP wanting it used frequently vs only used for infrequent catch-up.
Moonlit Raid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#88 - 2016-01-31 09:18:55 UTC
I just had a thought. If the primary use of this feature will be to sell your SP to make isk and your only options to buy the extractor are [round about] real monies. At what point is it better to just RMT PLEX and sell that rather than buy the extractor, pull skills, then sell the SP pack?

If I'm losing skills to make isk I'm going to want the initial cost to be pretty minuscule, especially if I can "buy" isk cheaper and without having to lower my skills.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#89 - 2016-01-31 09:23:19 UTC
Kalgeroth wrote:
Kuetlzelcoatl wrote:

CCP is probably still trying to determine the ideal price to maximize their profit.



yup i imagine that's one of the reasons we haven't heard the price yet, and there's that sweet spot they're trying to work out which is 'affordable' to make it a mass-market tool

it's better for them to sell lots of something at an affordable AUR price, than very few of something at a silly price


When have CCP ever thought that way?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#90 - 2016-01-31 10:07:06 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Kalgeroth wrote:
Kuetlzelcoatl wrote:

CCP is probably still trying to determine the ideal price to maximize their profit.



yup i imagine that's one of the reasons we haven't heard the price yet, and there's that sweet spot they're trying to work out which is 'affordable' to make it a mass-market tool

it's better for them to sell lots of something at an affordable AUR price, than very few of something at a silly price


When have CCP ever thought that way?


Which way? So far CCP has managed to deliver little affordable stuff based on EVE, with overpriced sh*t all over the place. There is an issue when you let your IP be used to manufacture a 2,300 $ scale model and can't figure for 12 years how to sell 20 $ branded caps and 30 $ T-shirts.

And lest not forget 15 $ paintjobs which are not actual textures crafted for every ship model, but are just some one-size-fits-all color shift mapping which half of the time barely fits the geometry of the ships and looks horrible...
Altair Taurus
#91 - 2016-01-31 13:38:34 UTC
Remember SP extractors/injectors are not meant to be some AURUM Store overpriced luxury goodies!
Max Danger Power
Violent Disassembly Team
#92 - 2016-02-01 02:51:37 UTC
All in all, the injector prices will be determined by the people who sell them in the game, as every injector requires skill points that were extracted from a character. So, if CCP actually does sell these for AUR, they would be pumping SP into the game unless they bought them from a player character first. Otherwise, speculating the AUR or ISK value of one of these injectors by comparing it to PLEX cost is not a valid comparison, as it is the players that will ultimately dictate how much these injectors will be worth. So, that all depends how many injectors are being sold on the market and how many people are willing to put them. My guess is that it will be very expensive, at least for the start.

So, the real question is: How much will skill extractors cost? CCP will be introducing them into the game somehow, so it's all up to how many and which methods they will be distributed. If it's for AUR, they will likely be worth a ridiculous amount of ISK.



I have about 11 mil sp that I would like to extract and trade between my own toons.

My personal opinion is that they should have sold a respec for individual character use only, instead of making it so anyone with lots ofI SK could just roid up their toons with sp. As my main is a solo low sec pilot, and I don't plan on roiding up my pvp toon, this would ultimately make my PvP experience pretty crappy. However, I will now have 2 other toons that will be much more efficient at PvE content.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#93 - 2016-02-01 07:36:24 UTC
Max Danger Power wrote:
All in all, the injector prices will be determined by the people who sell them in the game, as every injector requires skill points that were extracted from a character. So, if CCP actually does sell these for AUR, they would be pumping SP into the game unless they bought them from a player character first. Otherwise, speculating the AUR or ISK value of one of these injectors by comparing it to PLEX cost is not a valid comparison, as it is the players that will ultimately dictate how much these injectors will be worth. So, that all depends how many injectors are being sold on the market and how many people are willing to put them. My guess is that it will be very expensive, at least for the start.

So, the real question is: How much will skill extractors cost? CCP will be introducing them into the game somehow, so it's all up to how many and which methods they will be distributed. If it's for AUR, they will likely be worth a ridiculous amount of ISK.



I have about 11 mil sp that I would like to extract and trade between my own toons.

My personal opinion is that they should have sold a respec for individual character use only, instead of making it so anyone with lots ofI SK could just roid up their toons with sp. As my main is a solo low sec pilot, and I don't plan on roiding up my pvp toon, this would ultimately make my PvP experience pretty crappy. However, I will now have 2 other toons that will be much more efficient at PvE content.


Huh... we already know that extractors will be sold for AUR since CCP wants extra monies from EVE players. Hence the question on how much will CCP charge for those extractors.
Tristan Agion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#94 - 2016-02-01 19:44:24 UTC
My bet is about 100 AUR per skill extractor. But I'm not sure that single ones will be available at such prices. Instead I expect that there will be skill extractor packages, with built in discounts. If so, then there is not really a single price.

For example, I could see packages like this going up for sale:

5 skill extractors for 1,000 AUR.
10 skill extractors for 1,500 AUR.
20 skill extractors for 2,000 AUR.

It should also be mentioned that it's rather incoherent in terms of "lore" that skill extractors cost even that much. We can copy entire brains between bodies for less than 100,000 ISK, and we can upload specific skills via skill books for prices ranging from thousands to millions of ISK. I can see no good reason why extracting a skill should cost many times as much.

A more "lore-realistic" price would be around 10 AUR.

Furthermore, there really is no good "game internal" reason why this piece of tech should be available only trough their AUR store, whereas cloning and skill books are integral parts of the game. I suggest that skill extractors also should be available as rare drops in ghost sites (which are dedicated to research, supposedly), and perhaps available in LP stores from high tech NPC corps.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#95 - 2016-02-01 20:07:03 UTC
Max Danger Power wrote:
So, the real question is: How much will skill extractors cost? CCP will be introducing them into the game somehow, so it's all up to how many and which methods they will be distributed. If it's for AUR, they will likely be worth a ridiculous amount of ISK.

What's the thread title?

And AUR is how they will initially be purchased. That's kind of what the thread is about.
Jarsoom Blade
Blade's Legion
#96 - 2016-02-01 21:43:42 UTC
1 extractor for 100-250 AUR,
5 for 475-600 AUR
How much AURUM is €20,- or 1 PLEX? 15/20/25 extractors?
Injectors on the market would probably be double the price or +50% of the extractor's cost?

Personally I hope it won't be terribly expensive Aurum wise to extract SP from my old main to this char. The fact that you'll lose extracted SP with injection is 'punishing' enough for this system, if you choose to use it.

"Two things I've learned lately. One: don't get jammed. And two: stationary ships don't react well to 1400's" - John Rourke, Clear Skies 2

Altair Taurus
#97 - 2016-02-01 22:47:35 UTC
All this looks like gigantic blood transfusion! Twisted
Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#98 - 2016-02-02 13:37:33 UTC
Jarsoom Blade wrote:
How much AURUM is €20,- or 1 PLEX? 15/20/25 extractors?

3.5k methinks

Quote:
Personally I hope it won't be terribly expensive Aurum wise to extract SP from my old main to this char. The fact that you'll lose extracted SP with injection is 'punishing' enough for this system, if you choose to use it.

Considering this is supposed to help "newbies" (at least for marketing purposes - I don't think that's the actual reason) and people won't part with their SP for just change, it would be reasonable to make them fairly cheap. 100AUR-200AUR maybe. But we already know CCP have no notion of that word, it should surprise nobody if they came 1000AUR a pop or more.

Actually, I really hope they do at this point, and maybe the "Feature" will be dead on arrival. (one can hope, at least)
Jarsoom Blade
Blade's Legion
#99 - 2016-02-02 14:25:17 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
Considering this is supposed to help "newbies" (at least for marketing purposes - I don't think that's the actual reason) and people won't part with their SP for just change, it would be reasonable to make them fairly cheap. 100AUR-200AUR maybe. But we already know CCP have no notion of that word, it should surprise nobody if they came 1000AUR a pop or more.

Actually, I really hope they do at this point, and maybe the "Feature" will be dead on arrival. (one can hope, at least)


If the system will be affordable to use I would not have any problem with siphoning some SP from my old chars to the younger chars of some corpmates.

I kind of expect CCP to closely watch threads like these to get information about what players expect to pay for extractors and base a price off that information, since they haven't released a clue about pricing yet. On the other hand though, if discussions like this would not be used to a company's benefit and one extractor would cost around €10,- I wouldn't be surprised. If a character with 20-30 SP gets sold for 1bil (?), the extractors needed for the same amount of SP would be around that pricing aswell I assume (makes sense).

"Two things I've learned lately. One: don't get jammed. And two: stationary ships don't react well to 1400's" - John Rourke, Clear Skies 2

Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#100 - 2016-02-02 14:30:50 UTC
Neuntausend wrote:
Actually, I really hope they do at this point, and maybe the "Feature" will be dead on arrival. (one can hope, at least)

Oh this is what we're left with now?

Teams v2?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?