These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

pyfa v1.29.4 - The Python Fitting Assistant

Author
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#481 - 2017-05-31 03:55:06 UTC
Suyer wrote:
Why don't you just update EFT instead.

Or at least add an EFT skin PLEEEEEEEEEASE


EFT is closed source, and Grippen has never mentioned anything about releasing the source code to the community. pyfa is an open source program, allowing anyone to look at and contribute to the code.

Adding a "skin" is not an easy task. However, as ebag said, there are a few "minimal" panes in the options that can reduce the amount of information as Ebag mentioned. I'm personally not a big fan of "skinning" in general, because you essentially have to maintain two different code bases for the GUI. pyfa and EFT simply have different design goals; tis change, but such is life. :)

Senister DaHollow wrote:
I just built a loki fit and the fit I used uses a 50mn microwarp drive II in it. The problem is in Pyfa, it shows as 353 m/s with All 5, but when I look at it in game with my current character, it shows at over 1400. I am not sure if this is a glitch or a bug, and I am not sure where to report it so here I am.


Erm, make sure the MWD is online and active? I assume you've already done this. But I just put a 50mn microwardriove on a blank loki fit and have 1411 m/s.

https://gyazo.com/4c82dede4561aef72d6cd4dedbb7b8e2


Just FYI, gonna try to do a point release tomorrow that addresses a few outstanding bugs. Meant to do one over the weekend, but... yeah... holiday weekend; this guy lounged around and relaxed :D
Senister DaHollow
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#482 - 2017-05-31 04:14:47 UTC
Yes I turned it off and on and even changed where it was from top to bottom on the med slot.

https://gyazo.com/45a61675cf5840c459453f37c4f897fb
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#483 - 2017-05-31 04:26:25 UTC
Senister DaHollow wrote:
Yes I turned it off and on and even changed where it was from top to bottom on the med slot.

https://gyazo.com/45a61675cf5840c459453f37c4f897fb


You're using an Improved Cloaking Device rather than a Covert Ops Cloaking Device II. The improved one has a velocity penalty to 75% (the tech I ones have 90% penalty, and the actual Covert Ops Cloak has 0%, which is the one you want) :)
Senister DaHollow
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#484 - 2017-05-31 04:33:05 UTC
Yeah I just caught that but that's not what I selected in the first place. Strange but thank you for the help. I really need more than 3 hours of sleep ever 3 days lol
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#485 - 2017-06-01 04:27:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Senister DaHollow wrote:
Yeah I just caught that but that's not what I selected in the first place. Strange but thank you for the help. I really need more than 3 hours of sleep ever 3 days lol


No worries, glad it's working for you now :P

Anyway, v1.29.3 is out with a few fixes :) Enjoy
Sylem
Soul Takers
Pen Is Out
#486 - 2017-06-03 00:44:42 UTC
Feature request: Have the ability (check box perhaps in the Preferences | General menu) to not include the cost of implants in the cost of the ship.

I've read most of the posts in this thread and haven't found anything indicating the function to turn off the implant calculation. I understand you can just keep the implants empty and it will show 0.

Thank you to all the developers for your hard work and dedication.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#487 - 2017-06-09 02:35:59 UTC
Sylem wrote:
Feature request: Have the ability (check box perhaps in the Preferences | General menu) to not include the cost of implants in the cost of the ship.

I've read most of the posts in this thread and haven't found anything indicating the function to turn off the implant calculation. I understand you can just keep the implants empty and it will show 0.

Thank you to all the developers for your hard work and dedication.


This is currently sitting in the development branch and will be included with the next release cycle. It was contributed by @petosorus on GitHub (don't know the EVE name, sorry!).

You can find a development build here: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/blitzmann/pyfa/build/development-118/artifacts

Conversation about the feature can be found on this thread: https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/issues/1158

That being said, v1.29.4 is now out with a few bug fixes :D
petosorus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#488 - 2017-06-14 15:11:31 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:

This is currently sitting in the development branch and will be included with the next release cycle. It was contributed by @petosorus on GitHub (don't know the EVE name, sorry!).


Same name, I'm lazy :) (also hello to this, I forget the eve forums exist sometimes)
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#489 - 2017-06-14 19:38:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Blade Darth
I'm super confused by the download page. EFT was easy, download files, overwrite, done. I don't know which files to download and how to install this.

Copied the release files into my pyfa folder and it broke the launcher.

Where can I find the windows installer? The "latest release" sends me to some sort of source file page and "installation" sends back to the home page where I can't find installation links, it points back to the source files instead...

The "Pyfa-1.29.4" zip doesn't include a launcher or installer.


Not sure if i'm ret***** or it's really, really that complicated.
Ebag Trescientas
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#490 - 2017-06-14 20:00:50 UTC
Blade Darth wrote:
I'm super confused by the download page. EFT was easy, download files, overwrite, done. I don't know which files to download and how to install this.

Copied the release files into my pyfa folder and it broke the launcher.

Where can I find the windows installer? The "latest release" sends me to some sort of source file page and "installation" sends back to the home page where I can't find installation links, it points back to the source files instead...

The "Pyfa-1.29.4" zip doesn't include a launcher or installer.


Not sure if i'm ret***** or it's really, really that complicated.


I don't know what Blitzmann did to the releases page, but yes, it's very confusing.

You can always use this URL to get to the last release: https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/releases/latest

Scroll down to bottom of page, and either download the .zip or .exe for Windows. If you're using the zip, just need to extract it, then run pyfa.exe.

If in doubt, extract it to a new (empty) folder.

Want Pyfa, but with more features?

Pyfa.fit

Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#491 - 2017-06-14 20:26:49 UTC
Yyy... What threw me off guard was no download links under "v1.29.4" release, all that follows is 0.3, 0.2... and patchnotes for pages and pages.
Dr Minx
J A V A
#492 - 2017-06-16 10:30:41 UTC
Pyfa is great and thanks for this tool and keeping it updated.

Is there anyway to increase the font size? my eye sight is not that good

Thanks
Ebag Trescientas
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#493 - 2017-06-17 06:52:53 UTC
Dr Minx wrote:
Pyfa is great and thanks for this tool and keeping it updated.

Is there anyway to increase the font size? my eye sight is not that good

Thanks


See the link in my signature for a fork of Pyfa that offers different font sizes.

I don't know if/when Blitzmann plans on implementing that feature.

Want Pyfa, but with more features?

Pyfa.fit

Dr Minx
J A V A
#494 - 2017-06-17 11:05:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Dr Minx
thanks, it worked beautifully
Arthur Dentz
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave
#495 - 2017-06-22 10:32:38 UTC
Ship prices don't seem to be working. I tried to reset the cache but it sticks at 0 isk. Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong?
https://i.imgur.com/BmKNBxG.png
Ebag Trescientas
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#496 - 2017-06-24 15:43:27 UTC
Arthur Dentz wrote:
Ship prices don't seem to be working. I tried to reset the cache but it sticks at 0 isk. Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong?
https://i.imgur.com/BmKNBxG.png


No, it's not just you. Most likely something to do with the feed from EVE-Central.

Want Pyfa, but with more features?

Pyfa.fit

Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#497 - 2017-06-25 06:08:30 UTC
Hey guys, just getting back from a vacation (as well as recovering from a head and chest cold x_x). Getting back into the swing of things for the upcoming July patch, of which there is a Singularly data update for pyfa. Please read the following post for more details:

https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/issues/1239

Blade Darth wrote:
Yyy... What threw me off guard was no download links under "v1.29.4" release, all that follows is 0.3, 0.2... and patchnotes for pages and pages.


To elaborate... this is the release format that pyfa has had for ages. The idea is that point releases (.0, .1, .2, etc) are bug fixes for the main release cycle (1.28, 1.29). However, if a release is created that just explains the point release changes, then all of the interesting changes from the main release are stashed off on another page. There are many times when there is a major release and then the next day the .1 release comes out to fix a critical bug or some such, and many folks wouldn't even see the changes that happened with the main release if I just included that bug fix in the release notes. To counter this, whenever a point release is made, the change log for the entire release cycle is included as it's a better representation of the release.

It does create the problem of a very large download page. Unfortunately there is no decent way to fix that. I've asked GitHub to create a jump anchor on the Downloads sections, so that I can just link to release/#downloads or something and it just jumps to the spot, but that dialog didn't get anywhere. Just know, as ebag pointed out, that https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/releases/latest will always take you to the latest stable release. Just scroll down to the bottom and you have the downloads (of which, if you're on Windows, the .exe installer is always preferred).

Also, I find it interesting you think EFT was easy to download. I recall having to click through various Russian spam download pages, tho that was years ago xD

Arthur Dentz wrote:
Ship prices don't seem to be working. I tried to reset the cache but it sticks at 0 isk. Is this a bug, or something I'm doing wrong?
https://i.imgur.com/BmKNBxG.png


eve-central craps out every now and then. If the issue persists, please include the ship fitting that you're trying to get prices for and I can take a closer look
Ghaelmash Hakaari
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#498 - 2017-06-30 07:31:29 UTC
Want ask an info. If i select an npc damage type and add a reactive armor hardener the program will show the resistance after the shifting in the resistance after taking the armor damage or the uniform pattern?
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#499 - 2017-06-30 09:44:54 UTC
Ghaelmash Hakaari wrote:
Want ask an info. If i select an npc damage type and add a reactive armor hardener the program will show the resistance after the shifting in the resistance after taking the armor damage or the uniform pattern?


will show after the shift. always matching the 2 damage types.
you can see it better switching into 1 damage type: all the reactive armor hardener resistance goes into that type of damage.
Ghaelmash Hakaari
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#500 - 2017-06-30 10:57:01 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
Ghaelmash Hakaari wrote:
Want ask an info. If i select an npc damage type and add a reactive armor hardener the program will show the resistance after the shifting in the resistance after taking the armor damage or the uniform pattern?


will show after the shift. always matching the 2 damage types.
you can see it better switching into 1 damage type: all the reactive armor hardener resistance goes into that type of damage.

Thx!