These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Launcher

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Launcher version 998442

First post
Author
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2016-01-19 10:44:51 UTC
Various bug fixes:

  • Fixed a Steam related crash on startup.
  • Fixed an issue where launcher refused to start if the registry entry for the shared cache location pointed to a non-existing drive.
  • Fixed an issue with fixing permissions of the shared cache when running from the installer.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2016-01-19 19:57:03 UTC
Why is the launcher ready after a few seconds under linux (btrfs on HDD), but takes often over a minute in windows(ntfs on HDD)? In the same scenario. First start, not update, just cache check or whatever it does..
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2016-01-19 20:20:04 UTC
Mister Ripley wrote:
Why is the launcher ready after a few seconds under linux (btrfs on HDD), but takes often over a minute in windows(ntfs on HDD)? In the same scenario. First start, not update, just cache check or whatever it does..

I´ve seen sporadic reports of this and must admit I'm stumped. I'll add some logging for the next update to try to pin this down, but I haven't seen this happen on any of our machines in house so haven't had an opportunity to debug this.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Zaepho
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2016-01-19 21:02:31 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Various bug fixes:


Still getting the issue where after the Launcher tries to update itself, the evelauncher.exe runs forever (4 hours and counting!) with no window. Still reverting to 968307 to actually function.

Again requesting to please include the Version numbers in the executable properties.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2016-01-20 10:05:44 UTC
Zaepho wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Various bug fixes:


Still getting the issue where after the Launcher tries to update itself, the evelauncher.exe runs forever (4 hours and counting!) with no window. Still reverting to 968307 to actually function.

Again requesting to please include the Version numbers in the executable properties.

I'd like to see launcher logs (from %LOCALAPPDATA%/CCP/EVE/Launcher) as well as the update log (from your shared cache folder). Could you send them to me in EVE mail?

Might be worth checking the integrity of the cache - go to Shared Cache from the drop-down menu and press Verify...

The version numbers in the executable properties should be in for the next update.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Freelancer117
So you want to be a Hero
#6 - 2016-01-20 12:47:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Freelancer117
Hi,

I would like to install the new launcher, however I am not certain how.
When I download the new launcher from the support page:
https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/202664365-Reinstalling-the-Launcher

I open the program and it says it will install it in a new default map, called C:\EVE
However my Current eve online install folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\EVE

When I switch to my Current eve online folder it says:


Warning

You have selected an existing, non-empty folder for installation.
Note that it will be completely wiped on uninstallation of this application.
It is not advisable to install into this folder as installation might fail.
Do you want to continue?

&Yes &No


What am I supposed to do, the support page as mentioned above has No details what procedure(s) to use What?

Regards, a Freelancer

Edit, PS:
I am using windows 7, latest updates on everything ofc

Eve online is :

A) mining simulator B) glorified chatroom C) spreadsheets online

D) CCP Games Pay to Win at skill leveling, with instant gratification

http://eve-radio.com//images/photos/3419/223/34afa0d7998f0a9a86f737d6.jpg

http://bit.ly/1egr4mF

Zaepho
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2016-01-21 22:46:01 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Zaepho wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Various bug fixes:


Still getting the issue where after the Launcher tries to update itself, the evelauncher.exe runs forever (4 hours and counting!) with no window. Still reverting to 968307 to actually function.

Again requesting to please include the Version numbers in the executable properties.

I'd like to see launcher logs (from %LOCALAPPDATA%/CCP/EVE/Launcher) as well as the update log (from your shared cache folder). Could you send them to me in EVE mail?

Might be worth checking the integrity of the cache - go to Shared Cache from the drop-down menu and press Verify...

The version numbers in the executable properties should be in for the next update.


Logs sent. Thanks for taking a look. It really seems like the Launcher isn't initializing something because the launcher logs are completely empty. The files get created, but nothing get written.
Enrique d'Ancourt
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2016-01-24 09:58:10 UTC
Previous problems with beta-updater not updating and hanging as a non-functioning background task,
reported here: Launcher version 995234

In a desperate attempt to get things working again, I completely uninstalled Eve from my Windows10 (running native on MacPro), just to do a blank install from the Eve download homepage.

However, 998442 again starts up a background process called "evelauncher.exe". No progress windows or anything in view.

This is where I was earlier.
What is wrong ?
*Sigh* .... :(

Karen Sev'Rassane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2016-01-27 19:29:52 UTC
Every time I try downloading the new launcher from the site, I get "the signature of this program is corrupt or invalid ".