These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Toxic Yaken for CSM XI

Author
Toxic Yaken
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#21 - 2016-02-20 15:23:10 UTC
Borat Guereen wrote:
You have my votes!
Best luck!

Thanks for the support man! Big smile

Curator of the Wardec Project - Join our Discord to join the discussions about Wardecs

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2016-02-24 19:06:37 UTC
You have my support Toxic.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Pix Severus
Empty You
#23 - 2016-03-02 00:45:52 UTC
You have my vote.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Toxic Yaken
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#24 - 2016-03-03 08:22:57 UTC
Thanks for the support guys! Pirate If you have time to give feedback on wardecs, Jason Quixos has a great thing going with the wardec project and could always use more feedback.

Curator of the Wardec Project - Join our Discord to join the discussions about Wardecs

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#25 - 2016-03-05 00:15:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Oh! My feedback on the subject of bumping:

I'm mostly a fan of it. I think it's an important mechanic and removing it or heavily modifying it would have sweeping effects on a lot of other parts of the game. We simply can't predict what it would do. That said, I think the ability to permanently tackle a freighter without committing an aggressive act is a bit much. I could get behind an idea for something that would allow an attentive freighter pilot (non-afk) to escape repeated bumps. Here's an idea I sort of threw together when it came up earlier today:

A low slot module similar to a Higgs Anchor rig, but with a burst effect that would allow a quick escape. When activated, it would act as a heavy web on the activating ship, slowing it and giving it increased agility and reduced inertia. This would obviously need some stiff drawbacks and a long cooldown to prevent freighters that instawarp on every jump, but the design would be such that it could facilitate one quick escape when used properly. This would allow a freighter pilot to properly fit and fly their ship in a way that they could escape a prolonged bumping session without directly nerfing bumps or ganking. This is just spitballing an idea, so don't get too much in a twist over it if you don't like it.

Ya really want to stir the pot... give a freighter the ability to do a one system cyno-like jump with a long cooldown (or for the group thing, make a one system cyno jump possible for those ships lacking the ability via module). The pilot will have to determine a host of things before making that escape. Like how soon before the aggressors jump into the system and find him, or whether or not they already have people in there waiting to start bumping again. They would have to be very diligent and it would make for some heinous cat & mouse activity, a very large mouse. A freighter pilot may still need intel regarding where he's escaping too and that would still require some help, meaning it's not a single player "I win" kind of thing.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Tarojan
Tarojan Corporation
#26 - 2016-03-14 18:52:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarojan
Spacewarp wrote:
There is a lot i like in here i must agree.

But...there is Always a but :)

High sec shouldn't be safer, bumping is fine as it is. I can agree with that. The trouble I see is that high sec ganking is indeed a very low skill PvP. But when i see the people doing it they surely aint all low PvP skilled people.

My guess is that the high sec ganking is a sign of boredom of the player base. How can one really say its exiting to sit to kill a ship that will not defend and mostly is even at AP?

So not against the principle of ganking but think we need more (player driven) content in all secs to make live more interesting then shooting for 30 secs at a ship that flows in space. low sec should be more dangerous and zero even more....I am afraid that there are more care bears today there then in high sec:p

And then we can still kill a freighter or two in high sec to sharpen skills or have something to do when we are so drun^&', I mean distracted, that we better not fight a titan in low/zero :)

Regards,
Space

I'd really like to see some quality of life buffs to low sec, to make it a more attractive place to go live, hunt and play. I can go roam a dozen low sec systems and find nobody in any belts or celestials. So I come back to highsec and go blow up a retriever. I totally agree about the bored pilots bit. I have a solution for bumping as well: make it activate a limited engagment between the pilots aka like a duel if the bumped pilot accepts. Now arm Freighters.

Honestly in such a harsh "dangerous" universe why would ship manufacters keep churning out unarmed ships? Lets make all ships capable of fight or flight. and allow the pilot to choose which he will fit. Bump that obliesk..will it microjumpdrive out or release 10 geckos or is the pilot afk? decisions decisions...

Edit: While reading through some worthy candidates I had a chance to clarify my thoughts about high sec thus:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6393657#post6393657

What is your opinion?

Will gank for food

Black Pedro
Mine.
#27 - 2016-03-25 10:56:21 UTC
Good luck Toxic.

The failure of the current CSM to point out the obvious issues removal of the watchlist would have on diverse play styles, including highsec content creators, underscores the importance of having balanced representation on the CSM.

After considering all the candidates, I find you the most capable to represent those working hard to keep highsec an interesting place. I have voted accordingly.

Have patience, Fanfest will be here before you know it!
Previous page12