These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Skill trading in New Eden

First post First post First post
Author
Vabanaz Arjar
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#161 - 2016-01-18 18:01:22 UTC
Now you made me sad, CCP...
Magic Park
Space Garden Inc.
#162 - 2016-01-18 18:01:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Magic Park
- EDIT -
Being a dumbass that can't read properly.
Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#163 - 2016-01-18 18:02:13 UTC
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
Vibiana wrote:
Ok, now Dear CCP please explain, why whould one ever play with with all that useless starter level contenet in that game if one could just dotane x amont of PLEX and buy top tier stuff?

day 1 newbro wants to play meatshield for "big boys"? Donate and fly FOTM.

t1 frigs? Forget. Buy a drug and inject it to get that keres!.

t1 cruisers? Forget. Buy a drug and inject it to get that cerb/prot.whatever is Ishtar ATM.

Or just go big and donate your way to Caps, sit, waiting for a ping, alt+tab, play WOT.

Want to do some 1-4 missions? Forget. Buy a drug and inject it to get that AFKtar, come back to get moar SP \0/ (or use a bot in dead-end system for that extra oumpf)

Thats sad that major source of isk in that game is ratting -> grind.

Welcome the new Korean style EVE:G , grind your way to "top".

next step is enchantments for my Moros!
Great idea, to have it at least +8! It should shine with blue color!


it is amazing how many people with strong opinions on this subject don't know the character bazar exists



what I dont understand is how people can not see the difference between sp on the the market and a complete character you buy on the bazaar...(if you view them the same then I can understand your argument)..
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#164 - 2016-01-18 18:02:13 UTC
CCP, when do you plan to ban character selling?

I presume character name change service is not talked about anywhere, because we all know why?
ViolentDesire
78934223
#165 - 2016-01-18 18:03:08 UTC
Scaugh wrote:
This will be if released as planned, the very first Pay2Win item in EVE.

Up until now all items bought through the New Eden Store have been nothing more than fancy clothing and ship skins. nothing that will give a player an advantage over another. After this update, we are one step closer to a Pay2Win model.

The “Skill Extractor” should be available by other methods as well as the New Eden Store. Perhaps from CONCORD and/or Sansha LP stores at a high price.


They introduce it slowly. If its not called "golden ammo", its not actually golden ammo.

If I manufacture a rifter, maybe CCP wants a cut? Researched blueprint for AUR? Helps newbies catch up, right?
Aphatasis
Free Carpenters Union
#166 - 2016-01-18 18:03:30 UTC
CCPLEASE(!!!) let us removed non trained skills after removing all Skillpoints!!

Got about 170mil SP in total but there are these sins u make in very youth days when u train things like "Advanced Small Ship Construction" cause u found the skill or bought it cause u could train it, but weeks later u realized, it was ****.
Have 272k SP in Production total, and only skilled "Industry V" for flying Jump-Freighter und Cloaky Haulers.

Same with Mining, Resource Processing, Distribution Connection, some Corp Skills, etc
Lugh Crow-Slave
#167 - 2016-01-18 18:03:40 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
CCP, when do you plan to ban character selling?

I presume character name change service is not talked about anywhere, because we all know why?


Never character selling costs plex and so gives them money
X Minx
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#168 - 2016-01-18 18:04:00 UTC
Sincerely really happy that CCP is implementing this.
The present skill system needs a boost and Eve being such a long standing game can result in a skill tree that 'looks' like a grind too far as a new capsuleer.

Kudos for following through.
Alexxei
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#169 - 2016-01-18 18:04:20 UTC
Kyt Thrace wrote:
Alexxei wrote:
Valterra Craven wrote:
the major flaw with this idea is that I don't think that there is enough incentive for people to extract SP in the first place.

Sure there is. I have 140 million sp. I dont need to buy any and I wont buy any. Dont need isk and dont need to sell any but there are skills I would like to remove in order to have a perfectly orange character sheet with all V's in important things.

This feature is about character customization not pay-to-win or anything of the sort.


You will not have a perfectly orange sheet with all lvl 5s. You will have a bunch of 0 level skills everywhere mixed in the the level 5s.

Actually you skill sheet will look even worst then.

Thats why they need to sell an amnesia potion on the eve store to let us "forget" skills. Im trying to throw money at you CCP.
captain foivos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#170 - 2016-01-18 18:04:44 UTC
Is this a step towards removing learning implants and making SP a flat per-hour gain? It seems like only minmaxing alt skillpoint farmers will be able to compete at selling skillpoints.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#171 - 2016-01-18 18:06:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
X Minx wrote:
Sincerely really happy that CCP is implementing this.
The present skill system needs a boost and Eve being such a long standing game can result in a skill tree that 'looks' like a grind too far as a new capsuleer.

Kudos for following through.



One of the best things about eve is that its one of the few games left that doesn't cater to instant gratification
IlIIlIIIlllIlIllIIIIll
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#172 - 2016-01-18 18:06:58 UTC  |  Edited by: IlIIlIIIlllIlIllIIIIll
worst idea ever

1 char bazar already exist
2 this system will be abuse
3 noob will be able to credit card insta titan instead of buying a char

[quote][we want you to decide the value of traded skillpoints while we make sure there is one single mechanism that brings new skillpoints in to the system – training./quote]

But if i just buy all my SP on my new char ? He will never train a skill, but yet will be able to have a lot of skills ?
How fair is that for people who spent 10years training skill ?

And the biggest question i have is when will you allocate ressources to give us 'jesus' features back instead of spending your time killing the caps and the sp ?

edit : you better have sell gold ammo in 2k13 than this 2 years later
Vibiana
Frontier Trading Company
#173 - 2016-01-18 18:08:02 UTC
ViolentDesire wrote:
Scaugh wrote:
This will be if released as planned, the very first Pay2Win item in EVE.

Up until now all items bought through the New Eden Store have been nothing more than fancy clothing and ship skins. nothing that will give a player an advantage over another. After this update, we are one step closer to a Pay2Win model.

The “Skill Extractor” should be available by other methods as well as the New Eden Store. Perhaps from CONCORD and/or Sansha LP stores at a high price.


They introduce it slowly. If its not called "golden ammo", its not actually golden ammo.

If I manufacture a rifter, maybe CCP wants a cut? Researched blueprint for AUR? Helps newbies catch up, right?


pls support my idea of implementation of progressive korean game mechanics! Grind -> get -> enchanant -> lolwtfpwn.

Lets make a thread and ask CCP to add enchantments and bless enchantments to enchant or ships or skills!

I want that +8 Levi!
Lugh Crow-Slave
#174 - 2016-01-18 18:08:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
IlIIlIIIlllIlIllIIIIll wrote:
worst idea ever

1 char bazar already exist
2 this system will be abuse
3 noob will be able to credit card insta titan instead of buying a char

[quote][we want you to decide the value of traded skillpoints while we make sure there is one single mechanism that brings new skillpoints in to the system – training./quote]

But if i just buy all my SP on my new char ? He will never train a skill, but yet will be able to have a lot of skills ?
How fair is that for people who spent 10years training skill ?

And the biggest question i have is when will you allocate ressources to give us 'jesus' features back instead of spending your time killing the caps and the sp ?


How fare is it to people who simply can't afford it
Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#175 - 2016-01-18 18:10:55 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
CCP, when do you plan to ban character selling?

I presume character name change service is not talked about anywhere, because we all know why?

They're not planning to do so. The Character Bazaar will continue to exist after this addition.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#176 - 2016-01-18 18:12:32 UTC
IlIIlIIIlllIlIllIIIIll wrote:

3 noob will be able to credit card insta titan instead of buying a char

They can already do this, via the Character Bazaar.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Mance Sevrin
Black Frog Logistics
Red-Frog
#177 - 2016-01-18 18:13:30 UTC
Magic Park wrote:
i hope you won't allow extracting SP from the starting skillset?
If that would be the case the following plan is probably broken.

1. Create new character with about 400k SP
2. Remap
3. Train for 2 days to get up to 500k SP
4. Extract 500k SP
5. Transfer injector to another toon.
6. Biomass
7. Goto 1

With this method you would be able to extract 15 full injectors in a month.


Read the blog dumbass
Lord Kreza
Foxholers
Outfoxed
#178 - 2016-01-18 18:13:45 UTC
Really excited by this feature, thanks CCP!
Lugh Crow-Slave
#179 - 2016-01-18 18:13:46 UTC
Querns wrote:
IlIIlIIIlllIlIllIIIIll wrote:

3 noob will be able to credit card insta titan instead of buying a char

They can already do this, via the Character Bazaar.

But they can use this to credit card to all V's something you can't do with the bazaar

Jai Centarium
Anqara Expeditions
#180 - 2016-01-18 18:14:57 UTC
Sad.

Skill points were the one thing that was immutable. Invincible. Both a cap on your ability and a reminder of foolish mistakes you once made. It was the crushing gutpunch at the end of Nightfreeze's Great Scam. He was rich, but because he had to abandon his old identity, he was able to do nothing with those riches.

That tale brought me to EVE.

I had great experiences.
I made great friends.

Life moved my orbit farther out, but I was told, and I believed, that EVE Never Fades.

I guess I was wrong about that, too.

Everything fades eventually.

Certified purveyor of the High Life.