These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Skill trading in New Eden

First post First post First post
Author
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#221 - 2016-01-18 19:01:35 UTC
Excellent. I'm very glad that the diminishing returns scale has shifted. This version is much better.

And February release! Good job CCP.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#222 - 2016-01-18 19:02:18 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
CCP, when do you plan to ban character selling?

I presume character name change service is not talked about anywhere, because we all know why?


Never character selling costs plex and so gives them money


But isnt this new system planned to generate more moniez?


Yes but now they can get it from both


Also the bazaar is needed to lower the number of iunregulated sails

But they can still do that. to see the effect on sales.
Adroc Legoose
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#223 - 2016-01-18 19:02:32 UTC
MR Spleen wrote:
So I'm sure there was a dev that said at fanfest they weren't bringing in pay to win a few years ago well I think he lied!

It is now possible for people to buy isk legally by purchasing plex's with RL money which can be sold for isk and will now be able to purchase skill points as well as ships using real money.

If this isn't pay to win then I'm not sure what is.


Can we split any hairs here where this can be dismissed. I see none. Absolutely nothing is sacred from pay to win now.
-Character Bazaar
-Character Renaming
-Plex -> isk
-now this the last straw. The last thing that could not be fixed by throwing money at CCP, your character's current skill level.

Anything separating us from pay to win is now gone.
Mr Grape Drink
Doomheim
#224 - 2016-01-18 19:03:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Grape Drink
King Aires wrote:
The Slayer wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Querns wrote:
IlIIlIIIlllIlIllIIIIll wrote:

3 noob will be able to credit card insta titan instead of buying a char

They can already do this, via the Character Bazaar.

But they can use this to credit card to all V's something you can't do with the bazaar



Have you any idea how insanely infeasible this is. You would need approximately 1500 plex injectors to get from 80mil to the 500mil you would need for max SP and in doing so you would be removing around 600,000,000 SP from the game.



If they sell for 300mil a piece that is only 4.5 Trillion

It is entirely possible some in game could do that, but they wouldn't need to because those guys probably already have 100mil + SP

So they would really need less than 4 Trillion.

Wow, MATHS

450bil

You only need 450Bil



You're all bad at math. To get to 500M Sp from 80M SP would take 420M SP or 420,000,000 SP /150,000 per injector = 2800 Injectors. The amount of SP wiped from the game would be 500,000 - 150,000 = 350,000. 350,000 * 2800 injectors = 980M SP .

Using the random pulled from ass number of 300M each, with 840B you can get from 80-500M SP.

Plex go for about 1.2 bil each. Thats 700 plex to do this if paid entirely in plex. Thats about $10,500 to max from 80-500M SP. Now if we assume 300M each, that means you could get 4x extractors per plex with 0 profit. I don't see that happening, but lets roll with that. $10,500/4 = $2625 to buy all the extractors needed. So with $13,125 and the equivalent of 2 perfect characters worth of SP removed from the game you could infact perfect a character. Assuming 300M for each injector.


At about 1,944,000 SP per month (2700 SP/Hr) with perfect remap and implants and 1.2B per month of game time. You're looking at about 617 ISK/SP or 308M per 500k SP. Which after the cost of the extractor would probably put it between 400 and 500 mil per injector.

At 450 mil each its up to 1.26Trillion Isk or 1050 Plex or $15,700 + $3925 = $19,625

Practical? No. Possible? Certainly.

End note. I think we need to add another upper tier somewhere!
Annia Aurel
J-CORP
Goonswarm Federation
#225 - 2016-01-18 19:03:21 UTC
Aphatasis wrote:
CCPLEASE(!!!) let us removed non trained skills after removing all Skillpoints!!

Got about 170mil SP in total but there are these sins u make in very youth days when u train things like "Advanced Small Ship Construction" cause u found the skill or bought it cause u could train it, but weeks later u realized, it was ****.
Have 272k SP in Production total, and only skilled "Industry V" for flying Jump-Freighter und Cloaky Haulers.

Same with Mining, Resource Processing, Distribution Connection, some Corp Skills, etc


This.

And this.

And this.
EvilweaselFinance
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#226 - 2016-01-18 19:03:56 UTC
MR Spleen wrote:
So I'm sure there was a dev that said at fanfest they weren't bringing in pay to win a few years ago well I think he lied!

It is now possible for people to buy isk legally by purchasing plex's with RL money which can be sold for isk and will now be able to purchase skill points as well as ships using real money.

If this isn't pay to win then I'm not sure what is.

Oh and I see the higher sp players also get screwed over again ispite possibly many years of loyal game play and large amounts of rl money handed over to ccp.

i think like every single person raging against this change just has a high-sp character and is v. angry they are no longer elite for having paid subscription fees for longer
Estelie Heyan
Xri
#227 - 2016-01-18 19:04:36 UTC
MR Spleen wrote:
So I'm sure there was a dev that said at fanfest they weren't bringing in pay to win a few years ago well I think he lied!

It is now possible for people to buy isk legally by purchasing plex's with RL money which can be sold for isk and will now be able to purchase skill points as well as ships using real money.

If this isn't pay to win then I'm not sure what is.

Oh and I see the higher sp players also get screwed over again ispite possibly many years of loyal game play and large amounts of rl money handed over to ccp.

You're an idiot and should probably stop posting forever. You could buy any amount of isk for many years thanks to plex. You could buy any character that can do anything thanks to plex (bazaar). You could buy a titan and titan pilot on your first day thanks to plex.

People do this and die horribly in lowsec to rekking crew. All this does is add a little customization and control over your skill sheet. I dont see anyone raging over plex everyone loves it. This will be the same once you get off your pay-to-win hobby horse and unstrap your tinfoil hat.

CCP pay no attention to ignorant haters this is a great feature and reasonable people love it.
Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#228 - 2016-01-18 19:04:45 UTC
Sad day, it has been a fun ride CCP, I'm out.

And no you cant have my stuff.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Princess Honneamise
#229 - 2016-01-18 19:07:53 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:
Amanda Rekenwhith wrote:
My question is this:

It says points can be extracted if the character has 5,000,000 or more SP. Does this mean I can't milk an alt down to zero? If he has 5.8 million SP, only one million can be extracted? Or since he had 5,000,000+ at one point I can extract him to nothing?


You can never go below 5 Million SP. So to extract SP from a character they will need to have at least 5.5 million SP.


It is the same extracting SP from a RANK 1 skill or a RANK 8 skill ?

thx.

EVE MOONS PROJECT

http://eve-moons.com

The EVE MOONS PROJECT is the most complete and accurate moons database for Eve Online

Lugh Crow-Slave
#230 - 2016-01-18 19:08:30 UTC
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
MR Spleen wrote:
So I'm sure there was a dev that said at fanfest they weren't bringing in pay to win a few years ago well I think he lied!

It is now possible for people to buy isk legally by purchasing plex's with RL money which can be sold for isk and will now be able to purchase skill points as well as ships using real money.

If this isn't pay to win then I'm not sure what is.

Oh and I see the higher sp players also get screwed over again ispite possibly many years of loyal game play and large amounts of rl money handed over to ccp.

i think like every single person raging against this change just has a high-sp character and is v. angry they are no longer elite for having paid subscription fees for longer



No I'm upset that I can only afford a subscription and am now at a very big disadvantage to some one woth daddies credit card
Alexxei
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#231 - 2016-01-18 19:10:48 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
MR Spleen wrote:
So I'm sure there was a dev that said at fanfest they weren't bringing in pay to win a few years ago well I think he lied!

It is now possible for people to buy isk legally by purchasing plex's with RL money which can be sold for isk and will now be able to purchase skill points as well as ships using real money.

If this isn't pay to win then I'm not sure what is.

Oh and I see the higher sp players also get screwed over again ispite possibly many years of loyal game play and large amounts of rl money handed over to ccp.

i think like every single person raging against this change just has a high-sp character and is v. angry they are no longer elite for having paid subscription fees for longer



No I'm upset that I can only afford a subscription and am now at a very big disadvantage to some one woth daddies credit card

You already were bud. If they bought a high sp character and a links alt. I cannot fathom how dumb people can be that they dont realize we have been buying, selling and trading sp for years.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#232 - 2016-01-18 19:10:54 UTC
Estelie Heyan wrote:
MR Spleen wrote:
So I'm sure there was a dev that said at fanfest they weren't bringing in pay to win a few years ago well I think he lied!

It is now possible for people to buy isk legally by purchasing plex's with RL money which can be sold for isk and will now be able to purchase skill points as well as ships using real money.

If this isn't pay to win then I'm not sure what is.

Oh and I see the higher sp players also get screwed over again ispite possibly many years of loyal game play and large amounts of rl money handed over to ccp.

You're an idiot and should probably stop posting forever. You could buy any amount of isk for many years thanks to plex. You could buy any character that can do anything thanks to plex (bazaar). You could buy a titan and titan pilot on your first day thanks to plex.

People do this and die horribly in lowsec to rekking crew. All this does is add a little customization and control over your skill sheet. I dont see anyone raging over plex everyone loves it. This will be the same once you get off your pay-to-win hobby horse and unstrap your tinfoil hat.

CCP pay no attention to ignorant haters this is a great feature and reasonable people love it.



People have been raging over plex since it was announced
Estelie Heyan
Xri
#233 - 2016-01-18 19:12:34 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
People have been raging over plex since it was announced

Then they should probably unsub and go play a korean grinder if thats a more pure gaming experience.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#234 - 2016-01-18 19:12:46 UTC
Alexxei wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
MR Spleen wrote:
So I'm sure there was a dev that said at fanfest they weren't bringing in pay to win a few years ago well I think he lied!

It is now possible for people to buy isk legally by purchasing plex's with RL money which can be sold for isk and will now be able to purchase skill points as well as ships using real money.

If this isn't pay to win then I'm not sure what is.

Oh and I see the higher sp players also get screwed over again ispite possibly many years of loyal game play and large amounts of rl money handed over to ccp.

i think like every single person raging against this change just has a high-sp character and is v. angry they are no longer elite for having paid subscription fees for longer



No I'm upset that I can only afford a subscription and am now at a very big disadvantage to some one woth daddies credit card

You already were bud. If they bought a high sp character and a links alt. I cannot fathom how dumb people can be that they dont realize we have been buying, selling and trading sp for years.



But again that was far more limiting

Just because a poor mechanic exits doesn't mean arbitrary one should be added


Annia Aurel
J-CORP
Goonswarm Federation
#235 - 2016-01-18 19:12:54 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Annia Aurel wrote:
CCP Cognac wrote:

As of now there are no plans to remove skill books when extraction takes you to 0.



[Please] allow people to discard skills at zero.

Why not give us that option?!

Maybe because you paid for them.
If they would do that, people would rage that they are being ripped off of ISK, or even better, they would rage and demand recompensation.


Well, it should be an OPTION. Not automatic. All that is needed is a button that says 'unlearn skill'.

Hell, people have been asking for this for years, even without the (new) opportunity to extract skillpoints beforehand.

I would be perfectly fine with an option as above to forget a skill without any recompensation of any kind, no skillbook, no skillpoints.

The Slayer wrote:
Today I learned there are a bunch of OCD/Autistic EVE players who need "clean" skillsheets for some reason.


Obviously :-)

Lugh Crow-Slave
#236 - 2016-01-18 19:13:38 UTC
Estelie Heyan wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
People have been raging over plex since it was announced

Then they should probably unsub and go play a korean grinder if thats a more pure gaming experience.



I can dislike something in a game but still enjoy the game. ...
Estelie Heyan
Xri
#237 - 2016-01-18 19:19:21 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Estelie Heyan wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
People have been raging over plex since it was announced

Then they should probably unsub and go play a korean grinder if thats a more pure gaming experience.



I can dislike something in a game but still enjoy the game. ...

If you dont like it dont use it. If you lose your 1v1 at the sun then get good at eve and dont blame sp trading or daddy's credit card.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#238 - 2016-01-18 19:19:39 UTC
Awesome change!

@lunettelulu7

SoapyTits
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#239 - 2016-01-18 19:19:44 UTC  |  Edited by: SoapyTits
0 – 10 million skillpoints = 500,000 unallocated skillpoints added
Hulk Miner
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#240 - 2016-01-18 19:21:40 UTC
CCP Cognac wrote:
[quote=Mai Khumm]

As of now there are no plans to remove skill books when extraction takes you to 0.

This will mean that we will need to do some changes to skill training which will hopefully also allow you to inject skill books you don't have the prereqs instead of having to haul them around waiting for that prereq to finish(no promises this will be available on realease).



I was looking forward to getting rid of some skills no doubt along with a lot of other long term players from my skill sheet, make the OCD eve community a little happier and remove the skill from the skill sheet when transferred into an injector.