These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Skill trading in New Eden

First post First post First post
Author
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#2041 - 2016-02-11 16:17:19 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
I just encountered another side effect I did not actually expect but is actually straight forward. Since SP now has a price tag, every change or addition of skills now end in arguments about how much it will cost to play this new content in $$ and how greedy that is on CCPs part. Big smile
Not really much of a side effect considering it was already paid in training time prior.

How is that comment even remotely relevant to what I wrote? No one cares where that SP came from. It's on the market now and it has a price tag.
Berrice Silf
Academy of the Imperial Guards
#2042 - 2016-02-11 17:05:08 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
It's absolutely wonderful!

Not only that, but it's opened the door for more microtransactions, so I'm looking forward to CCP making more money, and spending some of it to code more EVE stuff, including quality-of-life things.

Basically, looking forward to seeing everything you hate. Your rage is delicious. Also, not posting much here, because General Discussion is full of threads, keeping me busy.

And also, I'm switching over to the upcoming Carriers / FAUX threads. Gonna **** that up for you. Again, because I love the rage.

No rage, i've shut 5 accounts down now i just have this to watch the mess unfold - Pretty much gone back to WoW / Destiny at present. Certainly not subbing to play a f2p game anymore.
Memphis Baas
#2043 - 2016-02-11 17:07:15 UTC
You playing 5 accounts on WoW / Destiny?
marly cortez
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2044 - 2016-02-11 17:25:06 UTC  |  Edited by: marly cortez
Not alot of use crying about extractors/injectors now is it really, YOU voted for this addition to the game when you sat back and drooled down your vest about Arum, CQ and the Nex store.

All the work put in by past and current players regarding ''Pay-to-Win'', all for nothing in the end, CCP brought it in via the back door and only now because ''You did not listen did you stanley'', are you realising the full implications of what CCP are upto.

As for the cash they make out of you over this, Don't look to Eve improvements, look instead at the money being syphoned off into VR for were your hard earned dollars are going, Chasing the Mug money there.

And still numbers continue to fall, Motivation to play bleeds away, and people who once supported the game now find it difficult to find a good word to say about it if they can be bothered to say anything at all.

Congratulations CCP, Keep up the good work.

Humanity is the thin veneer that remains after you remove the baffled chimp.

Berrice Silf
#2045 - 2016-02-11 17:25:46 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:

You illiterate or something, i've shut 5 accounts down now i just have this to watch the mess unfold I just have this account Berrice Silf to keep track of what is happeneing. Soft really as the dev's seem to pay more attention to whats said on reddit than where they paying customers actually post Lol
Mishra San
#2046 - 2016-02-11 18:05:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Mishra San
Courtesy of Amarr Local [666]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BdyIGtYcg

How could you possibly leave this grandeur?
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#2047 - 2016-02-11 18:05:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
Berrice Silf wrote:
Memphis Baas wrote:

You illiterate or something, i've shut 5 accounts down now i just have this to watch the mess unfold I just have this account Berrice Silf to keep track of what is happeneing. Soft really as the dev's seem to pay more attention to whats said on reddit than where they paying customers actually post Lol

I think Memphis was just asking if you multibox WoW or Destiny
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2048 - 2016-02-11 19:14:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
I just encountered another side effect I did not actually expect but is actually straight forward. Since SP now has a price tag, every change or addition of skills now end in arguments about how much it will cost to play this new content in $$ and how greedy that is on CCPs part. Big smile
Not really much of a side effect considering it was already paid in training time prior.

How is that comment even remotely relevant to what I wrote? No one cares where that SP came from. It's on the market now and it has a price tag.
That would make sense to argue if market SP were the only source. It's not. Regular training still works, and was what I was referring to as opposed to filling injectors, allowing you to move into new content for no more than the price of your sub as before. There is no additional side effect here since being able to bank unallocated SP is both a player choice and the direct intended effect of skill injectors.

So the cost to play new content is an additional $0, how terribly greedy indeed. You can make it more if you want, but that's the players choice, not a CCP mandate.
Reiisha
#2049 - 2016-02-11 19:19:30 UTC
Oh, look, what i said would happen has happened:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/451s7q/injector_addict_tops_eveboard_for_highest_sp/

What a surprise.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Memphis Baas
#2050 - 2016-02-11 19:23:11 UTC
Yes, I'm asking if you multi-box WoW or Destiny / or are as involved with those games as you are were with EVE. Trying to figure out if you're an avid gamer, or if you were so involved with EVE only. And I'm asking because ragequitting 5 accounts due to a patch that you could clearly ignore by not paying a cent for injectors or extractors seems like over-reacting to me.
Mnemet
Krilya vorona
#2051 - 2016-02-11 20:12:04 UTC
Farewell my dear Eve.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/51944865/

http://i.imgur.com/wtckQR6.jpg

4 days account in JF...

Welcome to F2P game :(
Berrice Silf
#2052 - 2016-02-11 21:13:05 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Yes, I'm asking if you multi-box WoW or Destiny / or are as involved with those games as you are were with EVE. Trying to figure out if you're an avid gamer, or if you were so involved with EVE only. And I'm asking because ragequitting 5 accounts due to a patch that you could clearly ignore by not paying a cent for injectors or extractors seems like over-reacting to me.

I've played eve - wow for 11 years occasionally favoring one over the other as the years have passed but pretty much solid subs althrough, i've never multiboxed anything and pre those two i was very active with competition quakeworld / quake3.

Yes i was an avid gamer now its more for fun, but this is without doubt the worst thing i've ever seen any developer do and say its for the good of the game and also what the community wanted. what person in there right mind is going to cough up £10 a month and stick with the grind for a while or be told if you get your wallet out you can fly anything you want. I dont pay subs for a game that has now a full on f2p model and locked to only 3 characters per account.

Every single aspect of eve is now advanced with payment, characters / skill points / ships / modules / plex / minerals / everything plus you have to pay a subscription. Who's the bigger mug the one that quits or the one's that keep on feeding the corporate greed.
Maekchu
Doomheim
#2053 - 2016-02-11 21:28:09 UTC
Mnemet wrote:
Farewell my dear Eve.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/51944865/

http://i.imgur.com/wtckQR6.jpg

4 days account in JF...

Welcome to F2P game :(

Farewell dear Eve?

This is ******* AMAZING! If the SP change creates these kinds of lossmails, the change was indeed for the better.
Ed Bever
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#2054 - 2016-02-11 21:30:14 UTC
I have been doing a little thinking about this change. I am sorry if that proces takes a little more time for me, but i believe the results to be decent.
I believe that there is a rather significant difference between someone trying to relocate skillpoints from an area he does not need to one he does, and someone trying to simply sell his skillpoints. Or to put it more accurately, i believe there should be a difference. To that end i would like to suggest putting a penalty of some sort on injecting the skillpoints on a character other then the one they where extracted from, or a bonus to injecting them to the same character. The way i see it, the two most valuable commodities in EVE have always been time and contacts, and i do not believe it does justice to the game to change that so strongly in such a short time.
Dingoo Ridgeback
Bitten By Science
#2055 - 2016-02-11 21:52:35 UTC
Hi,
I went through the discussion only briefly so please excuse me if the point I'm trying to make was already debated.
First I want to say I'm all for skill transfers and I think this is a good idea.
I don't realy see selling SPs as a pay2win mechanism. Is there even a way to win EvE? Pay2win here seems to mean pay2unlock-game-content and that's OK by me, especially since that content can otherwise be unlocked only by waiting. What else is training SPs but waiting and slowly aging? So the question is if it's OK to skip waiting. And remember that theese SPs had to be acquired by other player, so somebody must be willing to trade their SPs - in other words the age of their character - for ISK. Since you have to pay subscription fee or invest PLEX in order to obtain SPs on multiple accounts, I don't see any danger in farming those.
- there is no real danger of farming SPs to obtain ISK (PLEX allows you to convert RM to ISK more effectivelly)
- few characters can become a kind of SP supermen, but this is a momentary thing since less and less players will be willing to part with their SPs.
- high SP characters won't break the game since there are a lot of areas where acquiring more SPs over a certain limit won't do anything for you, and a lot of players are already at that threshold
This is a new interesting mechanic we'll have to adapt or compensate for, nothing more.
That being said keep in mind that I'm 60M+ SPs "old" and that I've never sold PLEX for ISK, just to give you a context.
Sorry for the long love-letter, fly safe!

We had to work hard to become the top of the food chain so enjoy your steak.

Memphis Baas
#2056 - 2016-02-11 22:13:22 UTC
Berrice Silf wrote:
What person in there right mind is going to cough up £10 a month and stick with the grind for a while...

Me. Others. I'm not going to pay $15,000 for a game. $15 / month + the occasional PLEX so I can avoid grinding are sufficient payment for the entertainment I'm getting, from this game or any other. I've played EQ, WoW, COH, Aion, SWTOR, and EVE and they all have microtransactions which I've had no trouble ignoring.

In case you're wondering, I have 2 accounts, 100m and 20m, started years ago (with breaks) and year ago, respectively. I don't feel the need to "clean up" my skills on the 100m even though they're all over the place, and while it's tempting to jump the 20m to 50m so I could skip over having to train boring support skills, I won't. I used to have more high-SP characters, but I sold them, because I get bored and start over periodically.

I've used a total of 9 injectors, to get 2 "trading" alts from 3 to 5 million SP so they have decent trading skills and a decent industrial ship with good support skills to haul stuff if they need to. That's reasonable, don't you think?

I support the skill trading feature because I believe CCP was stuck with the decreasing subscriptions and the monument shooting whenever they tried to implement anything, and this gives them much needed revenue, as well as shutting us the hell up, a little. It's done, it's implemented, it's over, it's reason for a lot of people to ragequit; looking forward to the blissful silence after they're gone.

And then CCP can go and implement whatever tf they want within their game, and we won't be addicted to keeping subscriptions going just for the sake of skillpoints, if they implement truly horrible ****. It'll be like any other game: if it sucks, everybody quits. You don't feel the need to keep your WoW subscription going if they release a truly horrible expansion, say, pandas, or pizzas, or whatever, do you? EVE will now be the same.

So if CCP screws up the upcoming carrier changes, or the citadels, or the force auxiliaries, and don't revitalize the nullsec wars like they should have a while ago, this game will fail, and there are 10 or so other games waiting on my hard disk to play them. On the other hand, if they manage to make the game FUN, they should be proud, and I'll buy a bunch of extra injectors to show my appreciation with my wallet.

Berrice Silf
#2057 - 2016-02-11 22:28:16 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Berrice Silf wrote:
What person in there right mind is going to cough up £10 a month and stick with the grind for a while...

Me. Others. I'm not going to pay $15,000 for a game. $15 / month + the occasional PLEX so I can avoid grinding are sufficient payment for the entertainment I'm getting, from this game or any other. I've played EQ, WoW, COH, Aion, SWTOR, and EVE and they all have microtransactions which I've had no trouble ignoring.

In case you're wondering, I have 2 accounts, 100m and 20m, started years ago (with breaks) and year ago, respectively. I don't feel the need to "clean up" my skills on the 100m even though they're all over the place, and while it's tempting to jump the 20m to 50m so I could skip over having to train boring support skills, I won't. I used to have more high-SP characters, but I sold them, because I get bored and start over periodically.

I've used a total of 9 injectors, to get 2 "trading" alts from 3 to 5 million SP so they have decent trading skills and a decent industrial ship with good support skills to haul stuff if they need to. That's reasonable, don't you think?

I support the skill trading feature because I believe CCP was stuck with the decreasing subscriptions and the monument shooting whenever they tried to implement anything, and this gives them much needed revenue, as well as shutting us the hell up, a little. It's done, it's implemented, it's over, it's reason for a lot of people to ragequit; looking forward to the blissful silence after they're gone.

And then CCP can go and implement whatever tf they want within their game, and we won't be addicted to keeping subscriptions going just for the sake of skillpoints, if they implement truly horrible ****. It'll be like any other game: if it sucks, everybody quits. You don't feel the need to keep your WoW subscription going if they release a truly horrible expansion, say, pandas, or pizzas, or whatever, do you? EVE will now be the same.

So if CCP screws up the upcoming carrier changes, or the citadels, or the force auxiliaries, and don't revitalize the nullsec wars like they should have a while ago, this game will fail, and there are 10 or so other games waiting on my hard disk to play them. On the other hand, if they manage to make the game FUN, they should be proud, and I'll buy a bunch of extra injectors to show my appreciation with my wallet.

No game double dips like CCP have undertaken with this last patch and primetime hours 27k PCU ive played beta weekends in games with 4 times the playerbase.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2058 - 2016-02-11 22:41:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Berrice Silf wrote:
No game double dips like CCP have undertaken with this last patch and primetime hours 27k PCU ive played beta weekends in games with 4 times the playerbase.
We've been around that PCU for a while, including the months before the first announcement. Looking at the numbers it seems this has had no significant immediate effect on PCU at all.
Ed Bever
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#2059 - 2016-02-12 00:09:35 UTC
Also, i am supprised CCP has not taken the opportunity presented by the introduction of falloff on reppers to introduce skills that effect that falloff or optimal range.
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#2060 - 2016-02-12 04:31:43 UTC
I want to believe this is the intermediate step before making reps fully turret-formula.