These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The downfall of Minmatar Militia

Author
Siddhar Gangari
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan
#81 - 2016-01-14 03:43:35 UTC
Kalo Askold wrote:
I like this thread, people are just venting all their anger.

I think this is actually a discussion that very much needed to happen. People are angry and frustrated, but at least we're finally getting that out of the way so we can fix what is broken. Which is almost everything.
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#82 - 2016-01-14 03:57:38 UTC
Ooh, I want a go.

OK, how to start.. Sorry, I'm just going to write these as they come to me.

The TLF suffers from...

A complete lack of centralised, coherent leadership,
Vicious backbiting and petty feuds among those who could perform those duties,
An impressive lack of unified direction,
Far too many conflicting "command" channels, half of which die and reform every two months,
Very few solid doctrines, and almost nothing heavier than a cruiser,
Big egos on little people, coupled with an unearned sense of entitlement and elitism from the "old guard",
Confusingly conflicting advice given to new pilots as to what they should be training for, leading to pilots who half-know how to fly 5 different doctrines,
A sense of "I'm more patriotic/Minmatar/worthy than you", leading to groups refusing to work together to both their detriment,

There's definitely more, but that will do for now.

What y'all need is a good old fashioned Dictator with some hard arsed lieutenants to whip y'all into shape.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#83 - 2016-01-14 04:09:07 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
Ooh, I want a go.

The TLF suffers from...

A complete lack of centralised, coherent leadership,
Vicious backbiting and petty feuds among those who could perform those duties,
An impressive lack of unified direction,
Far too many conflicting "command" channels, half of which die and reform every two months,
Very few solid doctrines, and almost nothing heavier than a cruiser,
Big egos on little people, coupled with an unearned sense of entitlement and elitism from the "old guard",
Confusingly conflicting advice given to new pilots as to what they should be training for, leading to pilots who half-know how to fly 5 different doctrines,
A sense of "I'm more patriotic/Minmatar/worthy than you", leading to groups refusing to work together to both their detriment,

There's definitely more, but that will do for now.

What y'all need is a good old fashioned Dictator with some hard arsed lieutenants to whip y'all into shape.

Are these not the same issues found in every militia?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#84 - 2016-01-14 04:24:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalaratiri
Interestingly, no. While all militias do have a certain degree of disorganisation due to their nature, several of the militias, most notably the Gallente and Amarr, have a core group that have risen above the petty bickering so frequent elsewhere.

For the Amarr, this is mostly because they only actually have about three large groups of legitimate influence who have to deal with each other. This keeps tensions relatively low.

The Gallente on the otherhand are without a doubt the most organised militia at a strategic level, with five or six large groups working together when required to form a respectably substantial and well organised force. Bebop, Villore, RDRAW, and the others around them are strong enough to even challenge the mighty pirate groups such as Snuff Box and Shadow Cartel on occasion.

Minmil can barely challenge itself.

Calmil is somewhere in the middle, partly because of its comparatively huge size as a militia, and partly because it's broken into smaller groups than the large Gallente and Amarrian alliances.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2016-01-14 04:29:18 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
Interestingly, no. While all militias do have a certain degree of disorganisation due to their nature, several of the militias, most notably the Gallente and Amarr, have a core group that have risen above the petty bickering so frequent elsewhere.

For the Amarr, this is mostly because they only actually have about three large groups of legitimate influence who have to deal with each other. This keeps tensions relatively low.

The Gallente on the otherhand are without a doubt the most organised militia at a strategic level, with five or six large groups working together when required to form a respectably substantial and well organised force. Bebop, Villore, RDRAW, and the others around them are strong enough to even challenge the mighty pirate groups such as Snuff Box and Shadow Cartel on occasion.

Minmil can barely challenge itself.

Calmil is somewhere in the middle, partly because of its comparatively huge size as a militia, and partly because it's broken into smaller groups than the large Gallente and Amarrian alliances.

I will take this into account when dealing with fellow privateers.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#86 - 2016-01-14 04:36:05 UTC
Glad to be of service.

I do love a good bit of political analysis.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#87 - 2016-01-14 06:08:28 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
Glad to be of service.

I do love a good bit of political analysis.

Insightful as always, Kala.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#88 - 2016-01-14 06:44:06 UTC
Other than the :bitter: at "the old guard" I'll certainly have to agree with her on all counts, particularly the lack of organization. Of course, none of it has been much of a secret or not understood since long before I joined. Old news, but oddly almost never spoken of until someone ragequits and tells everyone why.
Diana Kim
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#89 - 2016-01-14 10:53:51 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
Ooh, I want a go.

The TLF suffers from...

Runmatars.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#90 - 2016-01-14 11:47:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
Folks;

Fact is this: you cannot impose organization when you cannot enforce consequences. All you can do about organization is to offer it. Between capsuleers, pretty much the only consequence you can enforce, ever, is firing the offensive member. Anything else requires an agreement with the capsuleer that they will willingly submit to any punishment or consequence you deem necessary - they can always walk out, if they do not like your ideas. In the Militias, you cannot do even that.

It follows that there is no such thing as "Minmatar Militia", beyond the toy-war CONCORD-sanctioned legalese that dictates who can shoot who under what terms. Same holds for other Militias.

Let me repeat that: Militias as coherent groups do not exist, and there is no way you can make them exist. For you to have that power, CONCORD would have to give an indie capsuleer the right to determine who is in a militia and who is not - and they are not going to do that, given that the whole purpose of Militias is to limit the war.

Once you accept that, you can start working on it.

If the Mary Militia really works better than ours - and there is always the possibility that it actually does not, but it's just once again mostly about the fact that the Tribes are less afraid of disagreeing out loud than certain more delicate peoples - it is because they figure this out and work from it.

You will never command "the Militia". You might be able to command a sizable part of it, but never the Militia as a whole. You offer what you have; you include those who are interested; and most importantly you ignore those who are not. If what you are doing is good and easily available, people will come. Some people will talk crap about your effort, but if you simply let them be, they will not stop the sensible folks from noticing you. If what you have is not good, it will not become good by trying to coax or coerce everyone to join it.

And now you can all proceed to hate me for being all haughty about giving advice from my bittervet seat when I am not willing to do the work myself.

Oh, IGS, never change.
ValentinaDLM
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#91 - 2016-01-14 16:57:08 UTC
To be fair, since we formed a coalition with doctrines, it's own fleet/Intel channels, direct lines between other coalition leadership, etc we have been able to largely avoid those problems at the cost of not only cutting out the vast majority of the Milita with the exception of opening fleets up, but also at the cost of vastly increased tensions. Apparently just having an "us" leads people to an "us versus them" scenario. Imagine my surprise when I am informed one of the CEOs was banned from communications services with the message "traitorous scum confirmed".

So it does very much seem if one wants to solve the issues that are present, that there are certainly those who will create a bitter backlash against that. A great deal of the venting in this thread has been a response to that backlash. Tensions however would be greatly eased if people understood no one is "in charge" of the TLF forces and that if you don't agree with what a group is doing make your own, and run it how you like, don't try to dictate to people you aren't in control of how they can conduct their fight.

I know in my previous expierence with Amarr, Dirt and Glitter couldn't care less when Pyre would go into null for a day to shoot those people, or if we weren't gonna deplex kourmonen, etc. So this whole situation has taken me quite by surprise. That just seemed obvious, you can't tell people in other alliances what to do, unless you are the FC in a public fleet and then your authority ends when that fleet does.
Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#92 - 2016-01-14 17:08:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
Ok. So.

I could comment on that, but I am not sure unsolicited consulting is the thing anyone is looking for here.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#93 - 2016-01-14 17:13:15 UTC
Ah yes, the Sani Sabik CEO who pestered people in their own corp channels on comms and had to be sent packing? Not that we can expect much better when other members of that corp also pesters people on comms, with ping chains and such nonsense even when the recipients are signaling a do not disturb with the away from comms positions.

I think you're misunderstanding something though. Everyone knows you can't order someone outside of your own corps or alliances, but there is absolutely nothing that says you can't voice criticism, disgust or disapproval of things like complete lack of standards, lack of focus, lack of priorities and generally doing more harm than good.

Of course, the fact that you are a better fit among the Amarr where scum like you belong is probably not surprising. In the Tribes we don't tend to cater to dishonesty and glassy smiles "diplomatically" hiding the honest truth and disapproval. We honestly tell you when you're a cancer.

Well, some of us do. The ones that don't tend to fall to the wayside.
ValentinaDLM
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#94 - 2016-01-14 17:45:21 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Ah yes, the Sani Sabik CEO who pestered people in their own corp channels on comms and had to be sent packing? Not that we can expect much better when other members of that corp also pesters people on comms, with ping chains and such nonsense even when the recipients are signaling a do not disturb with the away from comms positions.

I think you're misunderstanding something though. Everyone knows you can't order someone outside of your own corps or alliances, but there is absolutely nothing that says you can't voice criticism, disgust or disapproval of things like complete lack of standards, lack of focus, lack of priorities and generally doing more harm than good.

Of course, the fact that you are a better fit among the Amarr where scum like you belong is probably not surprising. In the Tribes we don't tend to cater to dishonesty and glassy smiles "diplomatically" hiding the honest truth and disapproval. We honestly tell you when you're a cancer.

Well, some of us do. The ones that don't tend to fall to the wayside.

There have been alot of incidents of my people being banned from communication services, not just the one you are referencing, and several of those based on that persons "associations", we have even had members ejected from fleet since they wanted to use a combat prober. If it were just "voicing criticism" it wouldn't have got to this. You are never around fleets anyway, so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't really know any of what is going on, there are pilots who have been in less than two months with more combat history than your entire career with the TLF, so I don't even know where any of this even matters to you Mizhara.

We are making an attempt at working thru differences, and all you are doing is insulting me. I respect Siddhar Gangari, because I see him put forth an effort to understand and put this conflict behind us, and ease tensions within the militia, but you make it very hard to respect you, as it seems like you don't even respect what it is the militia even does. If this war matters so little to you, then why are you even in it?
Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#95 - 2016-01-14 18:00:58 UTC
If I still gave a damn about the Militia, I'd despair right about now.

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#96 - 2016-01-14 18:21:44 UTC
There are differences between working through differences and trying to pretend your history doesn't exist. Of course all I do is insult you. It's all you've earned. Combat pilots infinitely better than any of us don't earn having their crimes erased just because they're good pilots. You are the cause of tension in the militia, as you pull in even more scum like the Sani Sabik and others that are avowed enemies of our people.

Whether or not you respect me is rather irrelevant. Frankly, having your respect would probably be a mark against me, as I'd rather not have the qualities that earn your respect like your Sani Sabik friends and all the previous associations for that matter.

As for why I'm in the TLF, I suggest reading what would now amount to near novel lengths of text I've written on the matter in this and various other threads. It should probably not be difficult to decipher at this point, nor would my lack of fleet attendance. It's been a rather major theme of the last few weeks of posting.

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#97 - 2016-01-14 18:23:06 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
If I still gave a damn about the Militia, I'd despair right about now.

You do post a lot for someone who don't care. Might as well speak your mind rather than just registering vague and untargeted disapproval.
Elsebeth Rhiannon
Gradient
Electus Matari
#98 - 2016-01-14 19:08:46 UTC
I spoke my mind. I despair over the fact that no one seemed to listen. I apologize if my disapproval was vague - let me make it more clear. You all: stop trying to convince the audience you are the one not doing it wrong. Just stop.

Also, I always posted a lot. I've missed IGS, and being infuriated by Rodj Blake, and smartbomb camps on Osoggur-Amamake, and pod goo in my hair. So I'll post as much as I damned please.

Also, I am still Matari, and I am Sebiestor, even if all those once worthy in this thread I am probably the one most deserving of the traitor label. So I do care. Just not so much about whether the Militia looks good or not.

Else
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#99 - 2016-01-14 19:15:31 UTC
Listen to what, exactly? There's about a dozen different things put forth in this thread alone, and putting forth your own view of a matter isn't exactly claiming it is the unadulterated and unadorned truth. Just that it is the position taken at the time of writing. Are you expecting people to put forth their viewpoint and claim it's the wrong view to hold?

I think my comms unit garbled the latter part of your post. I can't really make heads or tails of it.
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#100 - 2016-01-14 19:18:19 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:

Also, I am still Matari, and I am Sebiestor, even if all those once worthy in this thread I am probably the one most deserving of the traitor label.

I think that's probably me!

Teehee