These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

High Sec Candidate

First post First post
Author
Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#21 - 2016-01-20 00:56:47 UTC
Thanks for stopping by my thread!

SurrenderMonkey wrote:

I would like to know how the candidate can realistically label herself as a "high sec candidate" while simultaneously proposing changes that would clearly be detrimental to highsec industrialists, particularly those producing goods in the mining wessel and equipment for mining wessels market segments.

Thank you.


Have you also tried selling something else? There are lots of things out there to sell and make.

But really... I think you might be overestimating the impact I would have on the CSM - if elected. Just because I think something or would like something, would not mean that CCP would run their pants off trying to implement it.

I am a high sec candidate, and I also produce and sell stuff. And I would like High Sec to get more interesting and attention. That is all.

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#22 - 2016-01-20 01:17:24 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:
Thanks for stopping by my thread!

SurrenderMonkey wrote:

I would like to know how the candidate can realistically label herself as a "high sec candidate" while simultaneously proposing changes that would clearly be detrimental to highsec industrialists, particularly those producing goods in the mining wessel and equipment for mining wessels market segments.

Thank you.


Have you also tried selling something else? There are lots of things out there to sell and make.

But really... I think you might be overestimating the impact I would have on the CSM - if elected. Just because I think something or would like something, would not mean that CCP would run their pants off trying to implement it.

I am a high sec candidate, and I also produce and sell stuff. And I would like High Sec to get more interesting and attention. That is all.


Yes, as mentioned, I produce many things in addition to mining wessels and equipment for mining wessels. I feel like this is irrelevant to the question, however, as my my ability to sell all of those things is contingent on the destruction of existing things, and the candidate is proposing a significant reduction in destruction across the board.

Furthermore, I do not understand how suggesting that you would be ineffectual in convincing CCP to implement your policy preferences makes you an ideal candidate to represent high security players. "Vote for me, I will have no particular effect!" would be an interesting campaign slogan.

Additionally, I do not see how the inability to see a policy preference through to implementation is supposed to counteract the fact that your policy preference would, in fact, be detrimental to many high sec players.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Black Pedro
Mine.
#23 - 2016-01-20 06:12:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Black Pedro
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:
Isn't that the point? There a significant group of players who claim they run highsec Incursions not because the enjoy them, but because it has one of the highest ISK/hr in the game and comes with essentially zero risk thus no losses and only minimal downtime.


Please define significant?
One could maintain that there are a significant group of players that think high sec ganking should be not possible........

Of course I don't have the exact number, but various people discussing the issue say at least half of highsec incursion runners are alts of players who primarily play outside of highsec and just come back for the income. Judging from the anemic acceptance of the Drifter Incursion, perhaps over 90% of incursion runners appear to be primarily motivated by ISK/hr as the new content has been ignored by everyone but a few dedicated groups and everyone else is continuing to farm the Sansha risk and effort-free like they have for years now. Assuming this is correct, do you think it is healthy for the game for such a lucrative source of income to exist near risk-free in highsec?

Further, CCP Quant gave us some economic numbers last fall which showed that less than 2% of players (on a given day) run incursions yet they are responsible for the 3rd largest ISK faucet in the game. Now this may argue that the effect on the overall game may be less a concern than I suggested above, but does then raise the issue of whether it is fair to reward these small group of players over 8T ISK per month(which doesn't include the significant CONCORD LP) for running stale PvE content without risk. Certainly, it is a concern to me that such easy ISK is drawing people away from places they would rather live back to highsec, and if I was a small-group player looking purely for ISK via PvE content, looking at my options I would have almost no choice but to go with highsec incursions.

Do you share my concerns, or do you think I am off-base here?
Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#24 - 2016-01-21 22:30:38 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:

Furthermore, I do not understand how suggesting that you would be ineffectual in convincing CCP to implement your policy preferences makes you an ideal candidate to represent high security players. "Vote for me, I will have no particular effect!" would be an interesting campaign slogan.


See my campaign thread from last year. The people I am campaigning for are (more or less) the people that do not know the CSM exists... and won't vote anyway. High Sec Carebears... can't live with them... can't live without them.

SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Additionally, I do not see how the inability to see a policy preference through to implementation is supposed to counteract the fact that your policy preference would, in fact, be detrimental to many high sec players.


And once again... I would like to see numbers. How many is many? Is it a majority?

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#25 - 2016-01-21 23:31:35 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:


Do you share my concerns, or do you think I am off-base here?


Well... I do not think you are off base. But wealth distribution in EVE is a big subject... High Sec incursions are theoretically available to all... null sec ratting not necessarily...

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#26 - 2016-01-22 03:08:27 UTC
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:




And once again... I would like to see numbers. How many is many? Is it a majority?


100% of competent industrial players.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Black Pedro
Mine.
#27 - 2016-01-22 09:08:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Black Pedro
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:


Do you share my concerns, or do you think I am off-base here?


Well... I do not think you are off base. But wealth distribution in EVE is a big subject... High Sec incursions are theoretically available to all... null sec ratting not necessarily...

Again, that is the point. If a lucrative and safe income source like incursions is "available to all" in highsec, why would any individual or small group leave? I mean I am well aware how much ISK nullsec grinders put into the economy (largely via AFK ratting, which I also think is a major problem), but for the individual weighing her options, the fully optimized incursions we have today pay a higher ISK/hr than nullsec anomalies and come with no risk and little downtime.

I am harping on this because while some parts of your campaign were a little naive, I placed you quite highly on the ballot last year. Highsec players (of which I am largely one) need representation, and you presented yourself as a thoughtful and intelligent candidate. You even demonstrated an understanding of the importance risk vs. reward for the overall health of the game by providing incentive for players to assume the risks outside of highsec, in exchange for increased reward.

It is important for me to vote for someone whose interested in the overall balance of the game, rather than CSM members who just advocate for changes that directly benefit them and their constituency. Like Mike Azariah who unabashedly pushed for the incursion income faucet to be cranked open even more (CSM 9 Summer Minutes) and CCP listened, further exacerbating the distorting effects of this income on the economy that CCP Quant pointed out in the devblog I linked above.

Therefore, I am asking you directly, what type of CSM member are you going to be? Do you think highsec incursions are working well in their current form? Do you support the removal of the min-maxed Sansha incursions and their replacement with the more dynamic and difficult Drifter incursions or will you be more of a Mike Azariah successor and not support that because it will "ruin someone's fun"?

Do you think the status quo of a few percent of the players getting so much of the resources generated into the economy each month should be allowed to continue?
Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#28 - 2016-01-22 13:44:28 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Therefore, I am asking you directly, what type of CSM member are you going to be? Do you think highsec incursions are working well in their current form? Do you support the removal of the min-maxed Sansha incursions and their replacement with the more dynamic and difficult Drifter incursions or will you be more of a Mike Azariah successor and not support that because it will "ruin someone's fun"?


What type of CSM member would I be? Good question.

I am in favor of dynamism, as it were. Not just in CONCORD response times, but actually overall. In general I think the game could do with more random... but I also accept that many of the "wouldn't it be cool if..." ideas that I have will stand exactly zero (or less) chance of getting implemented (or even thought about getting implemented) by CCP. As a member of the CSM my main focus would not be on getting my ideas implemented, I expect.

I do not intend to actively advocate "automatic money printing", whatever the means, because such things damage us all.

Black Pedro wrote:
Do you think the status quo of a few percent of the players getting so much of the resources generated into the economy each month should be allowed to continue?


No I do not think that.

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
Shoot First.
#29 - 2016-01-24 03:53:18 UTC
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:
Black Pedro wrote:
Do you think the status quo of a few percent of the players getting so much of the resources generated into the economy each month should be allowed to continue?


No I do not think that.

Thing is, those few percent have made the investment to secure those resources. The rest of us have the ability to take the resources for ourselves.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Black Pedro
Mine.
#30 - 2016-01-24 10:33:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Black Pedro
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:

What type of CSM member would I be? Good question.

I am in favor of dynamism, as it were.

Of this I am glad.

I have one final question for you. The latest minor controversy du jour is over the impact of the new Skill Extractors and the ability to trade skill points that will be implemented next month. What are your thoughts on this change to the game? Do you think the ability to trade skill points is a good idea from the perspective of a highsec resident? Are there any unforseen side-effects, or negative consequences that you are concerned about, and if so, do you have any ideas on how to mitigate those effects?
Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#31 - 2016-01-28 19:40:02 UTC
Sorry for not posting over the last couple of days... things were getting so interesting that reading was much more... productive than posting.
I am sure you all understand.

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#32 - 2016-01-28 19:41:08 UTC
SurrenderMonkey wrote:
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:




And once again... I would like to see numbers. How many is many? Is it a majority?


100% of competent industrial players.


And defining competent? I do some industry as well... and consider myself competent.

And I do not find what I am saying bad... I guess it is a question of focus, and priorities!

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#33 - 2016-01-28 19:52:20 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:

I have one final question for you. The latest minor controversy du jour is over the impact of the new Skill Extractors and the ability to trade skill points that will be implemented next month.


Controversy or not... it is going to happen... and the time to stop it has passed. I have not been able to find the opinions of all the current CSM on this change - but I would hope that CCP at least tried to get some player feedback. Now that it is coming... and not able to be stopped... I guess the priority would be on trying to stop the exploits before they happen, and the games economy ends up even more out of whack!

Black Pedro wrote:
What are your thoughts on this change to the game? Do you think the ability to trade skill points is a good idea from the perspective of a highsec resident? Are there any unforseen side-effects, or negative consequences that you are concerned about, and if so, do you have any ideas on how to mitigate those effects?


Personally, I do not think it a good idea... and not just because I am afraid that it will influence the prices of the freighter / jump freighter pilots I am training with intent to sell on the forums.

The points that concern me have been raised on blogs out there, and some of the points that concern me only concern me since I read a blog, and thought "oh yeah". I do not want to be accused of stealing other peoples ideas... but my thoughts have developed out of the stream of conversation that has been going on.

My main concern is the new player, his credit card, plex (and maybe RMT). I myself have a bunch of skills that I will never use. Nowadays, when I make a new alt, I already have a plan, a training plan, and so on. Back when I was made (primarily interested in hauling and so on) I was like "astrometric rangefinding... coool!". More than anything I would like to have brand new players protected from spending real money to buy skill points to make senseless characters. EVE has a hard learning curve/cliff... but in order to progress past it, I think brand new players should have to progress past it... did that make any sense? I am not looking forward to the first killmail with those skill point thingies in it...

Unforseen side effects are unforeseen. I am sure no one really thought of Hyperdunking before the Bowhead was introduced? At least I hope so...

And as for mitigating.... other than making sure that the right CCP devs are aware of exploits etc ASAP, I do not have any other specific ideas. I am sure the current CSM or the relevant focus group (depending on what was used with what priority) have already worked on that *blind faith*.

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

Jenshae Chiroptera
#34 - 2016-02-11 09:48:17 UTC
Hi Lorelei,

I told Jin'taan that I do not recommend he run for CSM this year.
I feel CCP is pretty closed minded lately and ignores feedback.
There is a particular lynch pin team, that I believe is steering EVE into dangerous water, they feed into the, "Immediate self gratification crowd," and they outright ignore CSM feedback.

I will be voting for Xenuria because I think that is what CCP deserves this year.

However, I would like you, Jin'taan and a few others there to crowd out people like Tora. (He is quite delighted if his minions attack other candidates and shout them down, so keep pushing forward and don't let someone like that win.)

I will direct anyone I come across that wants a High Sec candidate to you.

My best wishes,

Jen

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#35 - 2016-02-18 16:45:17 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Hi Lorelei,


Hi Jen!

Thanks for stopping by.

Campaigning this year has been a world of difference from last year... in fact pretty much every one of my supporters that I have taken up contact with has come back with "sorry, not voting. The CSM sucks / are goon pets / is outdated / does nothing..." or some variant of this. Phew. But more on that later, maybe in a blog post.

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

CAPTA1N OBVIOUS
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2016-02-19 15:51:35 UTC
Obviously, your corp name is highly disingenuous and should be changed. Reported.
Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#37 - 2016-02-19 16:20:22 UTC
CAPTA1N OBVIOUS wrote:
Obviously, your corp name is highly disingenuous and should be changed. Reported.


Well anyway, thanks for stopping by!

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

Borat Guereen
ARRAKIS Ltd.
#38 - 2016-02-23 23:21:09 UTC
You have my votes!
Best luck!

Candidate for CSM XII

John E Normus
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#39 - 2016-02-24 02:26:33 UTC
Lorelei Ierendi wrote:
Hello!

My name is Lorelei and I am announcing my candidacy for CSM XI. I am running on a platform that is focussed on High Sec. I am a self-confessed High Sec Carebear and am proud of it. I have analysed the commitments planned/coming up in my life for the next year and have decided that I can afford the time to run for CSM XI!

This is my Campaign Thread from last year:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=386664

This is my CapStable Podcast Interiew:

http://capstable.net/blog/2015/01/26/lorelei-ierendi/

And this is my infrequently used blog:

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

But to recap for people that do not want to jump to other web sites:

Is there room for a High Sec candidate on the CSM? Someone that has the well-being of the multitude of High Sec pilots at heart?
I would like there to be a "High Sec" platform, for a candidate for the CSM. If no one else wants to step up to the plate, then I will. If someone else wants to run for CSM for the benefit of High Sec gameplay, then I am happy to step down and support them... if they can do a better job.

The problem with High Sec space is that the players there are all independent. There is no feeling of "we". This lack of "we" is a problem. The lack of "we all stand together" is a problem. The "apathy of the carebear" is a problem...

This I know. I know that, although numerically High Sec has the largest number of log-ins... accounts... players... I know that High Sec will probably never be able to gather together enough in order to support a CSM candidate. But that is no reason to not try!!
Come on, High Sec! If something is important for you, stand up for it!!!

Who am I?

I am a High Sec Carebear, and proud of it!
High Sec Carebears tend not to socialize too much, and are only members of NPC or small corporations.

Well, this is not the first character I have created in order to play "EVE". I have never been a member of a big alliance or coalition. I have never been a member of a big corporation. Hell, I have never left High Sec space before the CSMX Election..

I gained my love of Spaceship games by playing Elite... way back on my ZX Spectrum 48k+ (with a jammed SHIFT key (jammed as in... raspberry jam)). Back then it was possible to try docking with a space station and to accidentally line up with the back of the station... and die whilst trying to fly through the back of the station to the entrance. Fun times.

I graduated to Frontier: Elite II on a 486 PC, and spent my time happily flying between Barnard's Star, SOL, and Wolf 359. I should have been studying, but flying a (mostly harmless) panther fully loaded with robots was more fun.

I kept my eyes open for an online version of a space-sim... and that is where EVE comes in.
I really enjoy (as in "really") flying transports, fulfilling contracts, and, sometimes, mining.

My CSM Platform 2016:

I think it is important for people to know what the CSM is, and can achieve. I could not run claiming that I would make all spaceships pink. As a member of the CSM I would not be in a position to dictate to CCP or enforce any "election promises". The CSM seems to have taken a hit in its popularity this year. The scandals have meant that CCP and the Player Base have lost some trust in this institution.

But well:

- None Of The Above: Campaigning for an opportunity for people to vote for the CSM, but to vote for None Of The Above. The problem of player participation is disproportionately affecting those of us in high sec (because we carebears are not exactly non-solo).
In order to increase the possibility of player participation, maybe CCP could add a line of text to the Downtime Popup that bothers us so much every day. Reminding players to vote is not a bad thing.

Ganker: I would like at least a 50% chance of walking away from a gank. At the moment this is not the case. On my blog I mentioned changes to Concord that I would like to see. I would also like to see some changes to Ice Spawning (maybe in random systems?) that would mean that the gankers would have to move around to gank ice miners! Local chat could also be changed to provide less free "intel" to people. No need to announce to everyone who is in local... just the number of pilots.
Please read my last thread before posting questions... high sec is worth fighting for!

New Player Experience: The opportunities are better than the system last year... but still do not teach a new player how to use DSCAN.

Player Corporations: See my blog for details. The need for player groups that are just social has not changed. This is one of the things that I am going to be carrying over from my campaign from last year.

But when all is said and done, I believe a CSM member needs to be a conduit for information exchange between CCP and the players. I do not think that the CSM should be used for the Metagame.

Thank you for reading this far. I am looking forward to working with you / hearing from you, and although I am always busy at this time of year, I promise to read every post in my thread.


Hi!

I have a couple of question, if you have a few moments...

Have you asked James 315 for permission to run as the highsec candidate?

If you had a goon alt, what would its' name be?

Do you yield fit or tank fit when you mine?

Where do you mine?

Why?

Do you have a permit?

Why should I ask the nerds in CODEdot to vote for you?

Do you agree that it's time for CCP to unban Jerry Rin?

TIA


Between Ignorance and Wisdom

Lorelei Ierendi
Lorelei for C S M
#40 - 2016-02-28 16:41:21 UTC
John E Normus wrote:

Hi!

I have a couple of question, if you have a few moments...

Have you asked James 315 for permission to run as the highsec candidate?



Thanks for stopping by! I was getting worried... when CODE didn't show up to my thread.

I did not ask anyone's permission... well except for family (getting elected might be a time sink). Fortunately they gave me the green light.

John E Normus wrote:


If you had a goon alt, what would its' name be?


If it has not been taken by anyone else, I'd choose "Han Shotfirst"

John E Normus wrote:


Do you yield fit or tank fit when you mine?

Where do you mine?

Why?

Do you have a permit?



If gankers are around, I fit minimalist. If no gankers are around it depends on other circumstances.

At the moment I am taking a pause from that for the campaign season. Last place we mined was out in Provi... as part of my "try gathering experience elsewhere" experience. It was more fun than mining in Empire space... which is something that needs looking at.

Otherwise I mine in Minmatar space. Less gankers.

Minining in null sec atm and let my permit expire. I got persuaded as a n00b to buy one. Would be interesting to see somewhen... if a permit would actually help me.

John E Normus wrote:


Why should I ask the nerds in CODEdot to vote for you?


I would hope that the nerds in your alliance would be able to make up their own mind. I have tried being open - even registered on your website. As I have said repeatedly, I am not out to get ganking banned, I am not out to nerf it into the ground. I know and accept the limitations of the CSM, and will do my best under those limitations to make sure that the issues here are not ignored.

John E Normus wrote:


Do you agree that it's time for CCP to unban Jerry Rin?

TIA



I have my own opinions about bannings, but without knowing any specifics this is a question that I cannot answer... and this is not the proper forum for discussing specific actions.

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/