These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

January release - General feedback

First post
Author
Soltys
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2016-01-13 13:08:17 UTC
The new map is as irritating to use as always. TBH I started relying more and more on dotlan in IGB (because that /is/ a map, not a rapidly dimming graphical perk).

All issues mentioned in earlier posts still stand (aside respecting camera shifts which is fixed now - for the record target list on screen should respect that too), no need to retype them:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6264282#post6264282
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6237404#post6237404
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6222545#post6222545
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6189612#post6189612

Jita Flipping Inc.: Kovl & Kuvl

Celly Smunt
Neutin Local LLC
#22 - 2016-01-13 14:34:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Celly S
someone mentioned getting into a ship from an sma, i did that yesterday in a prospect and the cloak wouldn't come online.
removed it in fitting screen and replaced it and the same thing happened, but when I dock exit the ship, and the re-enter it, the cloak works and is online again.

Don't mistake fact for arrogance, supposition for fact, or disagreement for dismissal. Perception is unique in that it can be shared or singular. Run with the pack if you wish, but think for yourself. A sandwich can be a great motivator.

Yonis Kador
KADORCORP
#23 - 2016-01-13 15:56:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Yonis Kador
Ein Herje wrote:
Also there has been too many changes lately, change is good sometimes yes, but I find myself logging in and just reading up about stuff all the time, when I instead really just want to play the game and enjoy. The only real great feature lately was the awsome industry interface, all other releases have in my opinion just been confusing, reading walls of text in patch notes which I can only understand half of.

"Logistics Frigates may now enter small factional warfare complexes." I get it.
"ALT+marquee will now allow for drilling down into clusters" Wut?

I agree there's some merit to this sentiment Ein. When you invest copious amounts of time into a virtual world, it's only natural to experience a sense of propriety. And time is a commodity in this game. When releases came every 6 months, there was plenty of time to digest material and develop informed opinions. Now, with this rapid release schedule, before you can wrap your head around the last 100 changes, 100 more are made. And in 6 wks there'll be 100 more. Ad infinitum.

On the one hand, I can't possibly say I dislike the current product that is EVE. Compared to where the game was, say, two years ago, it's worlds apart both visually and in terms of gameplay. So, on the whole, improvements outweigh criticisms. But on the other, it's still fair to say that the usefulness of player feedback likely suffers with rapid releases as well. I've felt this same sense that the game is changing so rapidly that it's almost impossible to have an informed opinion on many things. This affects one's feeling of ownership of their game when you're unsure of what's going on. Is it a problem? Does it affect retention? I have no way to know. Especially as it's an on-going process. I could be wrong, but I suspect that the folks who most feel this way are so invested in the game that they'll cope just fine.

It's just tough to trust that other players have your interests at heart when/if you can't provide informed feedback. And it's tough to trust that CCP will continue to value feedback when/if it becomes less informed. Hopefully when accessing Sisi is standardized and streamlined, more voices will alleviate some of those concerns. But only time will tell.

YK
Alpharius Aleutinus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2016-01-13 18:29:44 UTC
meh, why so few features?
Primary This Rifter
Mutual Fund of the Something
#25 - 2016-01-14 09:16:10 UTC
I like that within the space of two posts, we have a user complaining that each release changes so many things that he's having a hard time keeping up, and a user complaining that this release barely changed anything.
Jasper Sinclair
Red Federation
RvB - RED Federation
#26 - 2016-01-14 12:59:37 UTC
Please maintain the setting of the tactical overlay in the orbit camera view when switching between it and the other views. I am almost ready to accept the new camera. Should you, however, fix the "ALT-left click in space automatically zooms in on self" issue in the old camera I will return to the old camera. And before anyone says anything, yes I deleted the shortcut.

Former Blue CEO, admirer of Caracals (and Tristans)

Natya Mebelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2016-01-14 15:05:52 UTC
The only positive thing I can mention about that release is:

I am surprised the bug with mail / notes / bio text fields were fixed two days after deployment. I thought it would take at least 3 days.

(( Maybe I elaborate on the rest later, but I'm still too hysterical and facedesking about everything Eve. It only accelerates my desires of taking a hiatus ))
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#28 - 2016-01-14 16:53:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
What is the point behind completely repositioning and jumbling the drone options in radial menu on drones? Before January, all the important stuff in the second layer was in a near perfect position, but now they are all in random places and miles away from the entry point. Fix is required.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Jeven HouseBenyo
Vanity Thy Name Is
#29 - 2016-01-19 05:01:20 UTC
December/Frostline release. Still has bugs in place from that nice little update to the game client.
January Release. Not bothering to fix bugs left over from Frostline, we get a new batch of them, with the return of some not so golden oldie problems.

Now there's a February Release inbound, damn the torpedoes on the bugs in place still, got to get this out the door and live on the TQ game client.

Is this what 'slowing down from the fast track release cycle' and 'paying closer attention to customer feedback' along with better bug killing looks like? This isn't a slow down, breathe, and repair a game that's gathering fireants faster than a BBQ in a TX summer. This is balls to the wall, how fast can we shove things out the door and those whining about a breaking game can go get lost since they're not 'evolving' with the kewl kids klubs.. My question then becomes thus.

CCP. What have you done (to yourselves, the game client, the server, whatever it is) that trying to outrun=out release will give you an escape from something not being mentioned to your customer base? The number of Plex sales, Aurum discount packages, then outright selling the entire White Wolf IP screams you need cash, fast with the quickness.

Before the 'whiny gamers' (ahem) concerned customer base that keeps your company with the lights on in your glass tower leaves for less glitchy and bugged out skies.

If the last 4-5 months are counted as positive progress, I fear to know what failure looks like with an Icelandic horizon backdrop.

>Jeven

Minny boat flyer, unofficial squeaky wheel.

'Game Ethics and Morality Monitor' I remember promises.

Snark at 11-24/7/365.25. Overshare? Yup.

Yes it's my fault. And if you don't staap it I'll do it again. ;-P

No you can't has my stuffs OR my SPs.

helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#30 - 2016-01-20 08:52:11 UTC  |  Edited by: helana Tsero
Why u have to delete the star field in the solar system map too .... Sad

Was cool to look at while scanning. Just a black background so ugly and boring. A checkbox on/off would have been a great middle ground. Never understood what the problem with the star field was.. was really subtle effect.. but apparently some people with really really bad sight had problems... they should wear glasses.. Shocked

Otherwise good job on the map improvements. can now see the star lines and solar system names for a decent radius. The map is now usuable as a map again.

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Pandora Carrollon
Provi Rapid Response
Apocalypse Now.
#31 - 2016-01-20 17:16:54 UTC
Porucznik Borewicz wrote:
... You guys try to feed us with the new camera controls and useless 1st person views ...

I'd try to think more cleverly about the 1st person view. You can literally point and shoot your ship in any direction you choose with it now. It's the only way I know of to 'fly' your ship. Think of it as manual control.

Now, how about it being the best way to place safe spot bookmarks that nobody could ever get to? Exactly where you want them on top of that.

I like the first person view. It needs more manual controls, like targeting circles (AKA, anything I have in my filters in the circle automatically gets targeted and I can shoot at it). This might allow optimal distance escapes from Warp Bubbles and being able to shoot at anything in your way. I'd also like to see better velocity controls when in 1st person view. I should have a nice 'set' dial that gives me better incremental controls over speed.

My only issues with the new cameras is that they are very buggy. I get all kinds of weird effects on my graphics card from them. It messed up my CQ views when I enabled them. They are still messed up even after being disabled.

The option to use the new camera views should be an easy toggle in the legacy camera controls and vice versa. I shouldn't need to go to the configurations menus.
Morthos Boirelle
Moira.
Villore Accords
#32 - 2016-01-23 02:19:16 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
Why u have to delete the star field in the solar system map too .... Sad

Was cool to look at while scanning. Just a black background so ugly and boring. A checkbox on/off would have been a great middle ground. Never understood what the problem with the star field was.. was really subtle effect.. Shocked

I have similar feelings. I liked the starfield. It was less boring.
Masao Kurata
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2016-01-24 19:37:10 UTC
There doesn't seem to be an active thread for feedback on the new map any more, so I'll put this here.

The removal of the background star field almost makes this maybe usable, but two related things are still preventing me from adopting it for day to day use: the frame rate drop when zoomed in enough that the focused solar system shows celestials but not much farther, which happens to be a useful zoom level for the star map (and completely useless for the solar system map) and the ability for celestials to get in the way of looking at other systems.

I get what you're going for, the star map / system map switch in the world map control panel was pretty awkward, but the transition is unhelpful as implemented. I have a simple idea which might fix this: go back to having two modes, but no switch. Just switch to solar system mode when you continue trying to zoom in at max star map zoom, and to star map when you zoom out from minimum solar system zoom. A specific zoom factor past the maximum/minimum is interpreted by the user as resistance to the transition and avoids most accidental mode switches while not requiring an explicit UI element.
helana Tsero
Caldari State
#34 - 2016-01-26 11:11:16 UTC  |  Edited by: helana Tsero
All I want is for the star field on the solar system map to return.

People were complaining about the star field in the star map(Beta Map) ! NOT the solar system map. CCP please put solar system star field back in game !

Scanning was so much more enjoyable with the subtle star background.

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Oraac Ensor
#35 - 2016-01-27 02:39:34 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:

People were complaining about the star field in the star map(Beta Map) ! NOT the solar system map. CCP please put solar system star field back in game !

The star field was an ugly, hideous, confusing mess wherever it appeared.

Good riddance to it.
helana Tsero
Caldari State
#36 - 2016-01-27 07:53:28 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
helana Tsero wrote:

Good riddance to it.

No.... You just need glasses or to correctly calibrate your monitor or both. CCP should not be developing for those too lazy to help themselves.

Oraac Ensor
#37 - 2016-01-27 12:25:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
helana Tsero wrote:
Oraac Ensor wrote:
helana Tsero wrote:

Good riddance to it.

No.... You just need glasses or to correctly calibrate your monitor or both. CCP should not be developing for those too lazy to help themselves.

My eyesight is perfect, thank you, and so is my monitor set-up.

And the fact that you were looking at the starry background while scanning just proves its distracting effect.
Soltys
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2016-01-27 12:26:01 UTC
Oraac Ensor wrote:
[The star field was an ugly, hideous, confusing mess wherever it appeared.

Good riddance to it.

This precisely. If the only choices are a) to have or b) not to have one, then (b) all the way.

Then again, a toggle would make everyone happy.

Jita Flipping Inc.: Kovl & Kuvl

Oraac Ensor
#39 - 2016-01-27 12:30:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Oraac Ensor
Double post.
marly cortez
Mercurialis Inc.
The Bastion
#40 - 2016-01-29 13:29:47 UTC
There are three small check boxes in general settings that CCP have thankfully inserted to allow players to turn off the three latest abominations the Dev's have come up with for graphics, Seems talking to members they have for the most part availed themselves of this facility and turned them off.

I will admit that a proportion of players have expressed positive views on the new additions but it would appear that this has masked the fact that the vast yet silent majority have simply not wanted to engage with these innovations and in my view rightly so, They are simply not fit for purpose and smack quite frankly like the overview changes of outsourced imports designed by people that have little or no insight into the player requirements in EVE.

These boil down to three specific specifications, Make it simple, Make it work and most telling of all.....HAVE A REASON TO DO IT.

Humanity is the thin veneer that remains after you remove the baffled chimp.

Previous page12