These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

The Judge for CSM XI - Nullsec Candidate

Author
Sebastien Saintfrusquin
No hands needed
Rate My Ticks
#21 - 2016-02-01 22:14:23 UTC
I believe CSM is a bunch of corrupt sycophants and that The Judge will fit right in as he comes from the evilest place on Earth, Australia. Vote The Judge to bring back poisonous wildlife to Iceland !
Ivan Croatis
SRBI
Circle-Of-Two
#22 - 2016-02-01 22:20:16 UTC
I don't like Eve in it's current state, i don't like The Judge either, but i heard his ideas so I'm going to support him.

Vote The Judge for CSM XI!
jon thor uzumaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2016-02-04 02:55:51 UTC
Good day.
I have been a member for CO2 for 2 months now.
The thing that struck me at first when joining this alliance is, i always see The Judge roaming around in his loki chasing neutrals and reds everywhere he can.
At first it felt kind of strange, i had only seen his posts on the forums. but then it struck me, our alliance senior diplo actually does undock and shoot bad guys....
and after the first few weeks it felt normal, as it turns out this guy is a true Eve player and not just a "skill training online" player...

And i believe that, that is actually what we need in the CSM. a player that knows how to do small gang pvp and large scale pvp, Not to mention that after speaking with him for a few times he actually knows eve mechanics quite ******* well.

I will be voting The Judge for CSM XI.
Reyth
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2016-02-07 11:52:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Reyth
The Judge is one of those rare people you don't come across too often in life and even less often in a place like EVE. Through all of the dark and shady bits of EVE The Judge stands apart. Being incredibly intelligent and very fair he is a man of both tact and composure. If I had to use one word to describe him it would be "Professional." He has the ability to always be positive in the face of extreme odds while still maintaining a realistic frame of mind. Merging seamlessly into any social situation he is able to converse with all types of players on all levels with relative ease. Because of these things he has been an outstanding diplomat and I am proud to call him friend. Most importantly though he is passionate; passionate about EVE and passionate about her players. He believes in our community and wants the best for it. That passion has led him to run for CSM so that he might better the game, better the community, and better our experience.

Our alliance is fortunate to have him and if he is elected to CSM all of EVE will be able to share in that same fortune. It is for these reasons that I will be voting for him and urging everyone I know to do the same.

For a better experience. For a better EVE . Vote The Judge for CSM XI
Space McCool
THORN Syndicate
Northern Coalition.
#25 - 2016-02-07 13:32:47 UTC
He is one of my top 3 Judges, along with Dredd and Judy.
George sur'vin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2016-02-10 03:05:29 UTC
awesome guy, got good ideas for Eve. one of the best diplos out there.
always welcome for a chat.

Tarantula Gerdur
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2016-02-13 07:18:31 UTC
You Go Judge . YOUR the right guy for the job LolLolLolLol
veocine
ReD. Vengance
Mordus Angels
#28 - 2016-02-16 06:29:34 UTC
I have played Eve with The Judge for a while now. He has always been an insightful and honest player. He has a great prospective of the game throughout many gameplay options. He would be a great member for the CSM.

The Judge for CSM!

Cody Miromme
Universalis Imperium
The Bastion
#29 - 2016-02-21 08:54:59 UTC
I've known Judge for a while now. I've talked to him about his ideas, and goals if he because a CSM.. I'll be putting him up top of my ballot.
Ligraph
NerdHerd
The Explicit Alliance
#30 - 2016-02-24 06:37:58 UTC
Quote:
• The power of nullified interceptors - The main issue here being that short of using smartbombs, interceptors in the current meta can be completely safe and untouchable. Not only is this frustrating when being on the receiving side of this, but it also goes against the whole idea of "never being safe in New Eden". One idea is to make interceptors nullified to anchorable and light interdictor bubbles, but not immune to the bubble of a heavy interdictor.

About this, why not give Interceptors the same change as is being given to caps? So instead of immunity they get a very high resist.
The Judge
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2016-02-24 23:45:06 UTC  |  Edited by: The Judge
Ligraph wrote:
Quote:
• The power of nullified interceptors - The main issue here being that short of using smartbombs, interceptors in the current meta can be completely safe and untouchable. Not only is this frustrating when being on the receiving side of this, but it also goes against the whole idea of "never being safe in New Eden". One idea is to make interceptors nullified to anchorable and light interdictor bubbles, but not immune to the bubble of a heavy interdictor.

About this, why not give Interceptors the same change as is being given to caps? So instead of immunity they get a very high resist.

In theory, that is what the idea of non-immunity to heavy interdiction bubbles is. This could be achieved by simply not making interceptors immune to current warp disruption field generators while unscripted, or by adding a script that specifically "multiplies" the warp disruption strength enough to "stop nullified ships". If you have another idea on how to give a high resist to bubbles that is easy to implement I am all ears.

Another idea that was brought up to me was leaving immunity alone, but making the align times for interceptors longer. While I think that is a viable solution, I feel it would have quite a bit of a knock on effect in the usability of interceptors in PVP (since it involves either a change in mass or inertia).

Like I mentioned in my EVE_NT interview, the CSM does not exist to develop the game. The CSM exists to guide and provide feedback to the developers and present information from CCP > Players and Players > CCP. While I advocate for such things, and I am willing to bring them to the table, it is completely at CCP's discretion what to do with that information.

Thanks for the question!

CSM XII Member and CSM XI Permanent Attendee

Diplomat for Circle-Of-Two

@_TheJudge on Twitter

thejudge@csm.eve.com

Praal
Bearded BattleBears
#32 - 2016-03-03 06:20:23 UTC
The Judge wrote:
Another idea that was brought up to me was leaving immunity alone, but making the align times for interceptors longer. While I think that is a viable solution, I feel it would have quite a bit of a knock on effect in the usability of interceptors in PVP (since it involves either a change in mass or inertia).

What about a script that instead of warp interdiction generates an inertia-penalizing bubble? Thus providing a chance to catch interceptors (and nullified T3s), but forcing a choice (or teamwork) rather than bubbles being a mechanic for catching everything?
The Judge
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2016-03-04 00:47:11 UTC
Praal wrote:
The Judge wrote:

What about a script that instead of warp interdiction generates an inertia-penalizing bubble? Thus providing a chance to catch interceptors (and nullified T3s), but forcing a choice (or teamwork) rather than bubbles being a mechanic for catching everything?

I feel like that would have a huge knock on effect. What would stop someone using it against something like a battlecruiser, or god forbid, a battleship? At the core of it, this is an issue with interceptors and nullified T3's. The driving force behind these ideas for change is a debuff to "ships that are safe" more than a "buff to hictors".

CSM XII Member and CSM XI Permanent Attendee

Diplomat for Circle-Of-Two

@_TheJudge on Twitter

thejudge@csm.eve.com

Iso47
Doomheim
#34 - 2016-03-21 11:30:48 UTC
Vote Judge for CSM XI.
Previous page12