These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Merry Christmas?

Author
Mr M
Sebiestor Tribe
#21 - 2015-12-26 17:44:08 UTC
Good Yule.

Share your experience

Write for the EVE Tribune

www.eve-tribune.com

Natural420
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-12-26 18:24:34 UTC
Merry Christmas and a happy new beer.

Tristan Agion
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2015-12-29 11:43:12 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Gregor Parud wrote:
Perhaps ask Mike for tips on getting people's attention?

Who?

Mike Azariah, of Mike's Magic Bus, flies around starter systems and hands out fitted ships to newbies. He has a mailing list, too. If you want to help out newbros (without ulterior motives), then sending some ISK or ships Mike's way is a good idea.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#24 - 2015-12-29 16:44:53 UTC
I always got plenty of replies when I asked in local if anybody would like to see my yule log.

No not that log, you dirty minded bastards.

On a serious note, experienced (hence "jaded") MMO players know better than to talk to anybody in a game. Sad but true. And Eve is "that game" where people are randomly selected in local for wardecs.

(que long shitpoasting thread about wardec mechanics - yadda yadda yadda - or let's not and say we did).

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Action Nerd
Petulant Luddite GmbH
#25 - 2015-12-29 18:50:11 UTC
Mindrago Aldent wrote:
Well I guess it is anyway.

You see, I just spent an hour going visiting local systems wishing everyone a merry xmas.
Some had 2 or 3 in system, some had 10...

Not one single person replied, which is sad. In one I even shouted out if there was a miner about.

With very good reason. You see I was in a Viator, in the cargo was a brand new shiny Endurance Ice Mining Frigate that I was going to give to the first pilot to reply.

As I have just mentioned, not on single reply! I still have it in my cargo hold.

I know EVE is at times harsh, but just sometimes it pays to reply, even with a shy hello :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Merry Christmas - Never give up believing in folks Cool

Kevin: Yes, why does there have to be evil?

Supreme Being: I think it has something to do with free will.

Annemariela Antonela
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2015-12-29 19:09:17 UTC
Too bad. I would have said something if I had been playing. But I'm a noob. I only have infantry to talk to.

“Culture is like a smog. To live within it, you must breathe some of it in and, inevitably, be contaminated.”

― Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

Pix Severus
Empty You
#27 - 2015-12-29 19:20:16 UTC
Annemariela Antonela wrote:
Too bad. I would have said something if I had been playing. But I'm a noob. I only have infantry to talk to.

By the way, your avatar is hot. I'm saving that to my special folder.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Solecist Project
#28 - 2015-12-29 19:23:21 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:

I see what you mean. She has potential...
... so you might or might not want to keep her away from me. *snickers xD*

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#29 - 2015-12-29 19:26:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Tristan Agion wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Gregor Parud wrote:
Perhaps ask Mike for tips on getting people's attention?

Who?

Mike Azariah, of Mike's Magic Bus, flies around starter systems and hands out fitted ships to newbies. He has a mailing list, too. If you want to help out newbros (without ulterior motives), then sending some ISK or ships Mike's way is a good idea.

Ah, THAT Mike!
I never have ulterior motives. I'm dumb as a brick, really, especially because I feel bad when I trick people and always give back half of the money or even more, because it just pisses me off to take advantage of dumb people who couldn't win a game of TicTacToe if their life depended on it ............................................... so I do not ever scam people, but instead make them WANT something and make them HAPPY about getting it and paying for it. ^_^

Yeah no he's cool, but I'm against handing out free things ... I'd let them work for it.
That creates a better spirit, which I believe is more important.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Annemariela Antonela
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-12-29 19:32:20 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:

Aw shucks, thanks you two.

I am looking forward to that awkward moment when I get on comms and people hear my midwestern-accented male voice.

Which is entirely sexy of course.

“Culture is like a smog. To live within it, you must breathe some of it in and, inevitably, be contaminated.”

Solecist Project
#31 - 2015-12-29 19:33:59 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:

I am looking forward to that awkward moment when I get on comms and people hear my midwestern-accented male voice.

Way to go ruining it for everyone! Evil

Annemariela Antonela
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2015-12-29 19:54:27 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:

Way to go ruining it for everyone! Evil

Better a step off a short pedestal than a fall from a tall one.

Solecist Project
#33 - 2015-12-29 20:24:30 UTC

You just don't understand how it is to be a hotty ...
... and how to leave lasting impressions ...
... that will benefit you greatly in the short and long run.

;)

Annemariela Antonela
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#34 - 2015-12-29 20:46:49 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

You just don't understand how it is to be a hotty ...
... and how to leave lasting impressions ...
... that will benefit you greatly in the short and long run.

;)

That is one overheated rack. Love the freckles.

I'll try harder to inhale the cognitive dissonance.

Harrowmont
Doomheim
#35 - 2015-12-30 10:45:51 UTC
Mindrago Aldent wrote:
Well I guess it is anyway.

You see, I just spent an hour going visiting local systems wishing everyone a merry xmas.
Some had 2 or 3 in system, some had 10...

Not one single person replied, which is sad. In one I even shouted out if there was a miner about.

With very good reason. You see I was in a Viator, in the cargo was a brand new shiny Endurance Ice Mining Frigate that I was going to give to the first pilot to reply.

As I have just mentioned, not on single reply! I still have it in my cargo hold.

I know EVE is at times harsh, but just sometimes it pays to reply, even with a shy hello :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

I do not come from a religious household, hence we do not celebrate christmas.

To your post, enjoy your festivites. Don't take it personal, some just don't celebrate this holiday.
Solecist Project
#36 - 2015-12-30 11:26:16 UTC
You don't actually need to be religious to celebrate the winter solstice.

Which is what people actually do ... and have done for thousands of years.

Previous page12