These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Gorski Car for CSM XI

First post
Author
digi
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#21 - 2015-12-26 05:38:29 UTC
Gorski,

You have my vote. Our candidate will enjoy his time in Iceland with you.

May you both have great luck turning the CSM around.

Keep up the great work in /r/eve. It's enjoyable and informative and I often consult reddit before CCP these days.

Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2015-12-26 08:02:56 UTC
Gorski Car wrote:
Brian Harrelstein wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
I am also a moderator on the reddit eve community r/eve and I post quite frequently there on https://www.reddit.com/user/Gorski_Car/.


that subreddit is a cesspool, that's not really something to be proud of, gorski.


I disagree. I feel like it is doing a better job then the eveo forums at being a place for the community. No censorship bruh


Reasonable censorship is not a bad thing. Refer to reddit for a good example of why reasonable censorship is good.

Apart from that I've heard that you're good at this CSM thing & I will probably vote for you as dictated by the Imperium ballot list.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Gorski Car
#23 - 2015-12-26 10:08:01 UTC
digi wrote:
Gorski,

You have my vote. Our candidate will enjoy his time in Iceland with you.

May you both have great luck turning the CSM around.

Keep up the great work in /r/eve. It's enjoyable and informative and I often consult reddit before CCP these days.



I wonder how serious this post is considering the current state of me and Sions relationship after me taking most of the blame for how the reddit hivemind retaliated against him. But I am sure we can manage irl and have a good time and some productive/awkward meetings with CCP.

As for the r/eve comment. It totally depends on what you need information on. Certain things I would not trust r/eve at all. Thanks for the comment though we in the mod team do as best of a work we can but it is def a unappreciated job where you get a lot of **** herding nerds. But it is a hard job given the tools we get.

Collect this post

Gorski Car
#24 - 2015-12-26 10:11:50 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
Brian Harrelstein wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
I am also a moderator on the reddit eve community r/eve and I post quite frequently there on https://www.reddit.com/user/Gorski_Car/.


that subreddit is a cesspool, that's not really something to be proud of, gorski.


I disagree. I feel like it is doing a better job then the eveo forums at being a place for the community. No censorship bruh


Reasonable censorship is not a bad thing. Refer to reddit for a good example of why reasonable censorship is good.

Apart from that I've heard that you're good at this CSM thing & I will probably vote for you as dictated by the Imperium ballot list.


I know it's idealistic of me and not exactly in a perfect state atm but Reddit is supposed to be self moderated. The problem arises with upvote squads you have 0 way to prove as a moderator and people hiveminding/circlejerking and upvoting certain stuff.

We as the moderator team could go in and moderate harder in the comments but it would require way more time then we have. Automoderator is decently trained to catch the worst of the worst but things sometime slip through.

In the end I am not even a head moderator on r/eve. I am not the top dog and can't make sweeping changes like this. I get a lot of the grr gorski removed my post bullshit for some reason even when it's not me.

Collect this post

digi
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2015-12-26 10:42:34 UTC  |  Edited by: digi
Gorski Car wrote:
digi wrote:
Gorski,

You have my vote. Our candidate will enjoy his time in Iceland with you.

May you both have great luck turning the CSM around.

Keep up the great work in /r/eve. It's enjoyable and informative and I often consult reddit before CCP these days.



I wonder how serious this post is considering the current state of me and Sions relationship after me taking most of the blame for how the reddit hivemind retaliated against him. But I am sure we can manage irl and have a good time and some productive/awkward meetings with CCP.

As for the r/eve comment. It totally depends on what you need information on. Certain things I would not trust r/eve at all. Thanks for the comment though we in the mod team do as best of a work we can but it is def a unappreciated job where you get a lot of **** herding nerds. But it is a hard job given the tools we get.


I consider it a sincere comment although I would hate to think that you would leverage your position as moderator to score political points on my friend. I'm almost sure that's not what happened as there is no way you could be as opportunistic as someone like Mitt Romney, who is pretty well known for using friends for political points.

I do feel strongly about Sion's well-being so I assume you learned some things about crowd control and can take that experience with you to the CSM. One cannot learn valuable lessons without making mistakes.

In addition to handing you my votes, I am indeed supporting Xenuria's run. I've come to admire him since he's been with us and he has a mind that is well suited to making order out of chaos. I'm actually quite giddy because you have no idea how bad it sucks when routines or structures get broken. Chaos. Xenuria knows these things very well and better yet , he can cope with it. There is nothing more chaotic than CCP.

This year will be the year that rectifies everything. I believe it.
Saeka Tyr
Sanctuary of Shadows
Triumvirate.
#26 - 2015-12-26 13:27:12 UTC
digi wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
digi wrote:
Gorski,

You have my vote. Our candidate will enjoy his time in Iceland with you.

May you both have great luck turning the CSM around.

Keep up the great work in /r/eve. It's enjoyable and informative and I often consult reddit before CCP these days.



I wonder how serious this post is considering the current state of me and Sions relationship after me taking most of the blame for how the reddit hivemind retaliated against him. But I am sure we can manage irl and have a good time and some productive/awkward meetings with CCP.

As for the r/eve comment. It totally depends on what you need information on. Certain things I would not trust r/eve at all. Thanks for the comment though we in the mod team do as best of a work we can but it is def a unappreciated job where you get a lot of **** herding nerds. But it is a hard job given the tools we get.


I consider it a sincere comment although I would hate to think that you would leverage your position as moderator to score political points on my friend. I'm almost sure that's not what happened as there is no way you could be as opportunistic as someone like Mitt Romney, who is pretty well known for using friends for political points.

I do feel strongly about Sion's well-being so I assume you learned some things about crowd control and can take that experience with you to the CSM. One cannot learn valuable lessons without making mistakes.

In addition to handing you my votes, I am indeed supporting Xenuria's run. I've come to admire him since he's been with us and he has a mind that is well suited to making order out of chaos. I'm actually quite giddy because you have no idea how bad it sucks when routines or structures get broken. Chaos. Xenuria knows these things very well and better yet , he can cope with it. There is nothing more chaotic than CCP.

This year will be the year that rectifies everything. I believe it.


you cannot be ******* serious
Bobmon
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#27 - 2015-12-27 12:41:11 UTC
good guy +1

@BobmonEVE - BOBMON FOR CSM 12

Rendering
Red Federation
RvB - RED Federation
#28 - 2015-12-27 15:39:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Rendering
Digi, who openly admits collecting people's personal info over a video game and occasionally using it to win slap fights on ****** forums, passive aggressively crying about Reddit in this thread.

Good job Gorski-san.
Hendrick Tallardar
Leessang.
#29 - 2015-12-27 15:53:43 UTC
Gorski is a good dude.
Kirk Ernaga
The Avocado Mafia
#30 - 2015-12-28 21:50:57 UTC
Brian Harrelstein wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
Brian Harrelstein wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
I am also a moderator on the reddit eve community r/eve and I post quite frequently there on https://www.reddit.com/user/Gorski_Car/.


that subreddit is a cesspool, that's not really something to be proud of, gorski.


I disagree. I feel like it is doing a better job then the eveo forums at being a place for the community. No censorship bruh


so you're fine with swastika flairs, 50 simultaneous threads about avocados and guacamole, memes (eg: ur g-- pwned), job postings, clickbait, and vote brigadeing... despite most of this being against the subreddit (or reddit) rules? okay then.


You do understand that he is part of mod team for one sub reddit and not the entirety of reddit right? On the /r/eve reddit I have never once seen a swastika flair ever, and its not common to see any duplicate threads, what you often see is threads on the same topic with new information revealed. As for memes, why should they be censored again? On the whole the subreddit seems much better run and I suspect the numbers would back me up.
Seraph IX Basarab
Angry Dragons
Northern Coalition.
#31 - 2015-12-30 10:52:16 UTC
digi wrote:
Gorski Car wrote:
digi wrote:
Gorski,

You have my vote. Our candidate will enjoy his time in Iceland with you.

May you both have great luck turning the CSM around.

Keep up the great work in /r/eve. It's enjoyable and informative and I often consult reddit before CCP these days.



I wonder how serious this post is considering the current state of me and Sions relationship after me taking most of the blame for how the reddit hivemind retaliated against him. But I am sure we can manage irl and have a good time and some productive/awkward meetings with CCP.

As for the r/eve comment. It totally depends on what you need information on. Certain things I would not trust r/eve at all. Thanks for the comment though we in the mod team do as best of a work we can but it is def a unappreciated job where you get a lot of **** herding nerds. But it is a hard job given the tools we get.


I consider it a sincere comment although I would hate to think that you would leverage your position as moderator to score political points on my friend. I'm almost sure that's not what happened as there is no way you could be as opportunistic as someone like Mitt Romney, who is pretty well known for using friends for political points.

I do feel strongly about Sion's well-being so I assume you learned some things about crowd control and can take that experience with you to the CSM. One cannot learn valuable lessons without making mistakes.

In addition to handing you my votes, I am indeed supporting Xenuria's run. I've come to admire him since he's been with us and he has a mind that is well suited to making order out of chaos. I'm actually quite giddy because you have no idea how bad it sucks when routines or structures get broken. Chaos. Xenuria knows these things very well and better yet , he can cope with it. There is nothing more chaotic than CCP.

This year will be the year that rectifies everything. I believe it.




Is this a post about ethics in video games?
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2016-01-05 04:49:52 UTC

I will vote for this Gorski Car, the dank meme operator of my dreams.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#33 - 2016-01-09 13:57:00 UTC
Gorski Car wrote:

  • Faction Warfare


  • Could you clarify what would like to see happen for FW in the future? And how you would represent the People flying in FW? I think a lot of the people flying in FW were impressed by your input to the FW sessions in last years minutes.....Ugh

    "I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

    Bumblefck
    Kerensky Initiatives
    #34 - 2016-01-10 18:00:38 UTC
    Rendering wrote:
    Digi, who openly admits collecting people's personal info over a video game and occasionally using it to win slap fights on ****** forums, passive aggressively crying about Reddit in this thread.

    Good job Gorski-san.



    Do you have any links? I'd be interested to read some more

    Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

    Bumble's Space Log

    Tarek Raimo
    Eleutherian Guard
    Villore Accords
    #35 - 2016-01-13 19:07:08 UTC
    I have voted for this man twice and he didn't get in at first. When he got a position during the musical chairs rearrangement which resulted from others being dropped, Gorski has proven consistently to be a useful addition to the CSM.

    As someone who knows him personally and has talked with him about many issues falling into his platform, I can only say I respect Gorski's keen mind and sharp understanding of ship balancing issues. If you want someone on the CSM who can compare to and even outdo Fozzie, Rise and Ytterbium on balancing considerations, then you should put Gorski on your ballot.

    Let's see what he can do on a full term.

    Also, voting him in is the best way to keep that krab out of your space P
    StupidGenius Charante
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #36 - 2016-01-28 06:10:28 UTC
    Finally available, the interview recorded by CSM Watch for the CSM 11 election coverage: Gorski Car interview
    Enjoy !
    Previous page12