These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Bored of PvP

Author
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#21 - 2015-12-23 09:40:32 UTC
OP, your approach is all wrong (given that you're bored by it). You've been gate camping, you've been blobbing (on a small scale) and you've been using funky ships with alts. In all those situations you've actively chosen to have the upper hand right from the start. You have been relying on numbers and ship quality/cost and always made sure that you were in control. That is normally a smart thing to do but it also makes it boring.

Don't.

Start flying where you have to rely on your capabilities. Don't use alts, don't fly expensive overpowered ships because they don't make fighting more interesting (people just use that excuse to fly something they know will kill most folks). Fly simple basic stuff, T1 frigates (you'd be surprised how many kills you can get with solo T1 frigs), get a CBC with MJD fit for scram range. Force yourself to compete in a battle of the mind, not a battle of the alts or wallet. CHOOSE to be the underdog.

It's cheaper to fly that way, it's more challenging to fight that way, there's less preparation and planning involved (which normally is a good thing). It really is more fun that way, I have many alts and 2 of them do just this, one in WHs and one in 0.0. I'm very much a control freak and normally will eliminate any sort of variables or unknowns and I do enjoy that but I also need breaks from it where I go grab a ship, head out in the unknown just to see how far I can make it.

Pure piloting, no crutches.
Solecist Project
#22 - 2015-12-23 09:43:45 UTC

Best troll of December. ^_^

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#23 - 2015-12-23 11:51:55 UTC
Lots of other devs went about trying to make an MMORTS the wrong way.

EVE and some similar games got it closer to right than MMOStarcraft-like games.

A signature :o

Netan MalDoran
Interstellar Callboy
Mercenaries and Merchants
#24 - 2015-12-23 18:43:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Netan MalDoran
Umar Umarhabib wrote:

I started out PvP'ing to get the best KB Ratio that I could.

Problem #1, stop caring about KB's

Umar Umarhabib wrote:

But that became boring quickly, because as long as you join Alliance CTA's where you're a DPS grunt flying a battlecruiser

Problem #2, get out of large fleet blobs!

Umar Umarhabib wrote:

I joined a few small gang camps
I did some solo bubble camping

Problem #3, quit gatecamping! (Unless its a drunk comm party! XD)

Umar Umarhabib wrote:

All this is in 0.0 by the way.

Problem #4, need I say anything? (NPC null can be fun though!)

Umar Umarhabib wrote:

So recently, I've started solo flying Deadspace fitted Faction cruisers / battleships.
The bad thing is, every time I die with a juicy Deadspace set up, it becomes harder to fly solo.

BIG Problem #5, NEVER use those kinds of fits unless you're a trillionare (In EvE or rl), many of us experienced solo PvPers mainly use frigs and dessies (Sometimes cruisers). No point in being blingy.

Stock up on some frigs and dessies and head out to FW lowsec and try to pick solo fights, it kept me in the game, you have just gone about PvP the wrongest way possible! making it expensive and boring for you.

"Your security status has been lowered." - Hell yeah it was!

Falcon's truth

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#25 - 2015-12-23 19:28:41 UTC
Join RvB, FC, and Master the art of herding cats!
Solecist Project
#26 - 2015-12-23 19:47:54 UTC

People keep biting and biting and biting...

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Netan MalDoran
Interstellar Callboy
Mercenaries and Merchants
#27 - 2015-12-23 19:53:34 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

Nice quote! XD

"Your security status has been lowered." - Hell yeah it was!

Falcon's truth

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#28 - 2015-12-23 20:00:31 UTC
The OP is and always has been in an NPC corp.
Solecist Project
#29 - 2015-12-23 20:19:30 UTC
Netan MalDoran wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:

Nice quote! XD

Just the truth, but thanks. :)
OP is a troll... most people don't realize, as usual... :)

I had a great laugh, not complaining. (:

W33b3l
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2015-12-23 20:32:34 UTC
Troll or not.

Just fly cheaper ships so you can put yourself in more danger without worrying about it. Kill mails might not be as pretty, but you'll have more interactions.

Unless you are a sly pirate (and even most the time if you are) PVP isnt about making money its about having fun. We used to watch parts of space where smaller alliances put up Costumes offices and towers in lowsec trying to get a hold on the system. When they wherent looking we would fly in and blow up a bunch of there stuff. Got some loot out of it as well. They thought we where trying to push them out and use the space for ourselves. We where not. We where just being a thorn in there side for the fun of it. Our CEO got a few mails saying they wouldn't let us anchor anything and even got a wardec out of it. We just laughed are rear ends off (among ourselves) since we had no plans to do that and just kept messing with them. We never had a loss lol.

Im not a highsec ganker, I think thats lame unless you have strategic reason for it, but sneaking up on people in other places and popping them before they know what even happened always gets a laugh as well. Just gotta find what makes you giggle and not worry about what the KM looks like.
Previous page12