These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Mr Hyde - CSM XI

First post First post
Author
Mr Hyde113
#61 - 2015-12-31 17:36:15 UTC
Inevitability wrote:
All the comments are TL:DR. I am curious though as to the validity of your stance on electronic warfare and drones of said nature?


They are very tricky to balance because you don't want them to be more powerful than the base module but also be useful enough to get some play. ECM drones are contentious just because the RNG of ECM is very frustrating to play against. The rest of them suffer from stacking penalties like web drones which make them hard to use, as well as low HP. Is there a specific ewar drone you are concerned with?
Inevitability
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#62 - 2016-01-01 00:41:08 UTC
Mr Hyde113 wrote:
Inevitability wrote:
All the comments are TL:DR. I am curious though as to the validity of your stance on electronic warfare and drones of said nature?


They are very tricky to balance because you don't want them to be more powerful than the base module but also be useful enough to get some play. ECM drones are contentious just because the RNG of ECM is very frustrating to play against. The rest of them suffer from stacking penalties like web drones which make them hard to use, as well as low HP. Is there a specific ewar drone you are concerned with?

Not specifically, I've just heard rumors through the network that you're for the banishment of ECM in PVP. It's seemed ludicrous to me, but I figured I'd get my answer straight from you on your position on ECM.
Bluemelon
ElitistOps
Snuffed Out
#63 - 2016-01-14 16:36:38 UTC
**** yes, the Modhi of the CSM

For all your 3rd party needs join my ingame channel Blue's 3rd Party!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=365230&find=unread

Mr Hyde113
#64 - 2016-01-21 03:36:48 UTC
Inevitability wrote:
Mr Hyde113 wrote:
Inevitability wrote:
All the comments are TL:DR. I am curious though as to the validity of your stance on electronic warfare and drones of said nature?


They are very tricky to balance because you don't want them to be more powerful than the base module but also be useful enough to get some play. ECM drones are contentious just because the RNG of ECM is very frustrating to play against. The rest of them suffer from stacking penalties like web drones which make them hard to use, as well as low HP. Is there a specific ewar drone you are concerned with?

Not specifically, I've just heard rumors through the network that you're for the banishment of ECM in PVP. It's seemed ludicrous to me, but I figured I'd get my answer straight from you on your position on ECM.



ECM is always going to be a tricky mechanic to balance since it its RNG based and its effectiveness scales heavily the smaller the fight gets, unlike other forms of ewar (like damps) which can still be consistently effective in large fights and small fights.

In an ideal world, I would love to see caldari get a completely new ewar scheme, maybe with an anti-drone flavor, but if that is not up for discussion in terms of CCP's roadmap, I would like to see ECCM as a counter get a bit improved, since right now, even overheated ECCM Battleships can be consistently jammed by t1 frigs, for example. This could involve a numbers rebalancing, or even adding some new mechanic like ships that are jammed with an ECCM active can still target the jam source.
Marc Scaurus
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2016-01-25 20:18:19 UTC
Just yesterday I had the pleasure of interviewing Mr Hyde for the CSM Watch coverage. The interview isn't up yet, but I can honestly say it was one of the better ones I've participated in and I think he's on my ballot now.

Blogger, JustForCrits.com

Red vs. Blue - Ain't Dead Yet

alanurgiles
The Lancers Guild
Dude Where's My Alliance
#66 - 2016-01-26 12:30:41 UTC
1+
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
Shoot First.
#67 - 2016-01-26 17:07:28 UTC
I'm liking this candidate. He doesn't overpromise, doesn't have irrational ideas built from a self-serving agenda, and has an excellent understanding of the mechanics of the game and so can give CCP solid feedback.

Also, points for building some great brawling fits that inspire me to build my own.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Noctis
Shoot First.
#68 - 2016-01-26 17:31:41 UTC
Mr Hyde113 wrote:
I would love to see caldari get a completely new ewar scheme, maybe with an anti-drone flavor.



Another option might be a reduction in firing speed. Being able to drop your opponent's DPS output would be of use across the board. It could possibly be applied to upgrade modules as well, meaning that drone modules such as damage amplifiers would have their effectiveness reduced as well. It works for all levels of engagement (I think) and is much more balanced in relation to the other e-war types.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Nom X3
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2016-01-27 20:25:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Nom X3
Help fix ECM mechanics and you have my vote.

Solo PVP can never be truly valid as long as there is an ECM pilot jamming you for 10mins straight with 0 breaks in-between. Please push for Diminishing returns on ECM, and if necessary for balance on all other forms of electronic warfare as well.

I can always have fun losing blingy battleships in solo PVP, but its not fun at all when you're jammed during the entire 10mins it took the blob to kill you.

~n0m
Mr Hyde113
#70 - 2016-01-29 05:26:41 UTC
Marc Scaurus wrote:
Just yesterday I had the pleasure of interviewing Mr Hyde for the CSM Watch coverage. The interview isn't up yet, but I can honestly say it was one of the better ones I've participated in and I think he's on my ballot now.


Thanks for having me on CSM watch. For all those interested, please check out http://csmwatch.com/ for a growing list of candidate interviews and analysis shows. My interview should be posted this weekend (1/30).
StupidGenius Charante
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2016-02-01 01:02:48 UTC
Here is the CSM Watch interview with Mr Hyde113 (aka Mr Hyde) for the CSM 11 election.
Enjoy!
Dymorian Deile
Elysian Technologies Enclave
#72 - 2016-02-01 11:51:39 UTC
Good luck with the campaign Mr Hyde. I've always enjoyed your videos and I'm sure you'll bring a interesting point of view to the table if you're elected.

On the battleship topic I've always liked the idea of ships having rigs or maybe a module for some sort of anti frigate weapons. I guess I'm thinking about how navy carriers have miniguns on them like this. Before anyone jumps on me I'm not talking about an insta blap frigate weapon but something balanced to put a battleship into perspective against much smaller ships.
Valkin Mordirc
#73 - 2016-02-02 13:54:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
Chance Ravinne wrote:
Electing a YouTuber? Talk about wasting a vote.




:salt:

Wouldn't it be better to actually ask a question about his platform rather than making a snide remark?


Also Hyde doesn't need 30k subs to ensure that people will vote for him. People will vote for him because his video's show that he understands the mechanics of the game and his ability on understanding the game gives him the skill to be rather good at it, which in turn makes it entertain to watch. But the vote would come from his understanding, not his ability to edit and commentate.


That's the key, Hyde understand the game.

He wouldn't be a #SWAGYOLOposter boy.
#DeleteTheWeak
Tappits
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#74 - 2016-02-10 08:30:59 UTC
#Mr Hyde 2016..

Think i just found the only person i am voting for this year.
tasman devil
Puritans
We want your ISK
#75 - 2016-02-25 21:43:18 UTC
+1 from me too!


and Remember: get rid of the frigate menace and bring back the good old BATTLESHIP era ! :-)

I don't belive in reincarnation I've never believed in it in my previous lives either...

Mr Hyde113
#76 - 2016-02-25 22:41:47 UTC
Please check out my interview with CSM Watch as well as this Awesome Campaign Trailer put together by my good friends Zaqq & Fintarue.


Thanks!
Augustmoon
Run and Gun Mercenary Corps
#77 - 2016-02-26 11:20:56 UTC
You got my vote Hyde
Inggroth
Harbingers of Reset
#78 - 2016-03-01 12:09:16 UTC
First place on my list
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#79 - 2016-03-02 22:49:25 UTC
Mr Hyde113 wrote:
T3D and AF rebalance stuff


+1

And what do you think about having the T3D's suffer a skill loss like T3 cruisers to balance them out and avoid further nerfing them as they are?


As it is, I think it takes 12 days to lvl 5 a racial skill for a T3D. About 10 with a full respective remap and just +3's. I think about 3 days for lvl 4. I do understand that someone can inject this back up, but this won't be pennies anymore at that rate and it would set anyone back from using them for everything like they do now. Go Svipul gate camps! *sarcasm*
Scheulagh Santorine
The Math Department
#80 - 2016-03-05 21:16:34 UTC
Hyde,

Here's a question to test your mettle...

Quote:
Assume for another moment that you have infinite optimal range. You notice that you have exactly a 50% chance to hit a particular target. You also know that your turrets are medium sized (i.e. signature resolution of 125m) and you have an angular tracking rate of 0.1 rad/sec. If the target has a signature radius of 125m and is at a distance of 1000 meters, what is the transverse velocity of the target?



S. Santorine

============================== I used to shoot things. Now I do math.

S. Santorine

Writings on some formal methods in EvE-OnlineEVE Math & Physics Blog