These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

2 Year Contract 9.95/mo

First post
Author
Solecist Project
#41 - 2015-12-22 14:22:24 UTC
Actually, clothes aren't bullshit at all ...
... you just don't know better and believe you know there is all there is to know about it.

That reads weird.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

TigerXtrm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#42 - 2015-12-22 15:24:01 UTC
Remiel Pollard wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
Gregor Parud wrote:
Everyone somehow agrees to prices of everything going up each year. Groceries, restaurants even games you buy. Yet somehow MMO's aren't allowed to go up and in fact people want to pay even less. Stop being poor.

The monthly subscription model is kind of unsustainable though.

Tell that to the more than ten years that EVE has sustained it.

Times have changed in those 10 years. There are no new games in this day and age that use a subscription model anymore. They are either free to play + microtransactions, or pay once + microtransactions. EVE's model worked for 10 years because it was the standard for MMOs at the time. That standard has now shifted, and as a result modern day consumers are less accepting of paying a monthly subscription to play a game. That's why I said it's unsustainable.

This article explains it pretty well.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Solecist Project
#43 - 2015-12-22 15:43:37 UTC
TigerXtrm wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
TigerXtrm wrote:
Gregor Parud wrote:
Everyone somehow agrees to prices of everything going up each year. Groceries, restaurants even games you buy. Yet somehow MMO's aren't allowed to go up and in fact people want to pay even less. Stop being poor.

The monthly subscription model is kind of unsustainable though.

Tell that to the more than ten years that EVE has sustained it.

Times have changed in those 10 years. There are no new games in this day and age that use a subscription model anymore. They are either free to play + microtransactions, or pay once + microtransactions. EVE's model worked for 10 years because it was the standard for MMOs at the time. That standard has now shifted, and as a result modern day consumers are less accepting of paying a monthly subscription to play a game. That's why I said it's unsustainable.

This article explains it pretty well.

You keep ignoring the people who refuese to pay subs in favour of free2play crap.
You keep ignoring their lack of intellect and quality.

A sub is there to keep out the worst filfth. Confirmation can be found by looking at all those
games who are f2p ... just check the forums. ArcheAge has been a great example, probably still is.

Furthermore do you ignore what the f2p model is actually about.
It's about milking people from their money. It's about neuroscience and marketing.
It's about taking advantage of intellectually challenged, self entitled people with self esteem issues.

That's what you get as f2p, because that's what these games aim for.
Idiots who need to escapemfrom reality, willing to throw away thousands of dollars for self worth.

When EVE goes f2p, the forums will be filled with tears of psychopaths demanding justice ...
... because their egos AND wallets got blown into pieces.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#44 - 2015-12-23 03:36:28 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
I'd be willing to pay $30 a month if it meant the life of the game. Hell. I spend three times that on a Friday night in a bar.
We're talking chump change here

i agree to this. +1

Just Add Water

Previous page123