These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Fw Mission Nerf Total unnessisary

Author
Jason Udan Ender
Azathoth The Darkness
#41 - 2015-12-11 13:38:50 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
im trying to find out why you seem so entitled to use a 50mil firgate for lvl 4's when everyone else has to use battleships and above regardless of the space.

so i take it you never played fw before
......ok try to read all of this

in fw there are tiers the higher the tier the more lp you make you get higher tiers by donating Millions of lp to ihubs

Fw missions show up in space a beacons any one can warp to it ANY ONE.

Fw missions are totally different than normal missions, "there is no Angle extravaganza" They also high damage dps some of them get up to 1000 dps

FW missions are not right next door to the agent they are average 20 jumps away farthist away i've got was 37

Stations to get fw agents missions you get locked out of so it is posable to only be able to talk to 2 mission agents

I hope that helps you understand fw missioning a little better
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#42 - 2015-12-11 13:42:33 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
im trying to find out why you seem so entitled to use a 50mil firgate for lvl 4's when everyone else has to use battleships and above regardless of the space.

50 mil frigate sized ships to make MORE than a battleship does in pirate level 4s in npc nullsec btw.

Self interest is so blinding, people can't see the truth, can't admit that they were on a gravy train and gravy trains end.
BerSerKer 13
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#43 - 2015-12-11 13:51:27 UTC
People have different play styles, that make different amount of isk, one play style should not be removed completely like it has been. I had a blast when we were in fw. I see no problems with keeping it as was but reducing the amount of lp made in level 4s.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#44 - 2015-12-11 14:09:03 UTC
Stealth bombers are now back to being utilized for... well, bombing.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#45 - 2015-12-11 14:12:13 UTC
BerSerKer 13 wrote:
People have different play styles, that make different amount of isk, one play style should not be removed completely like it has been. I had a blast when we were in fw. I see no problems with keeping it as was but reducing the amount of lp made in level 4s.

It's not so much a play style than it is an exploit. Stealth bombers were almost untouchable running Lv4 FW missions. If an opposing player showed up it was easy to almost instantly warp-out cloaked.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#46 - 2015-12-11 14:13:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Oreb Wing
Jason Udan Ender wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

in fw there are tiers the higher the tier the more lp you make you get higher tiers by donating Millions of lp to ihubs

Fw missions are totally different than normal missions, "there is no Angle extravaganza" They also high damage dps some of them get up to 1000 dps

FW missions are not right next door to the agent they are average 20 jumps away farthist away i've got was 37

Stations to get fw agents missions you get locked out of so it is posable to only be able to talk to 2 mission agents

In a normal security mission, you only get one at a time, unless there are multiple agents nearby of the same class (super rare).

You can neglect to complete a FW mission and suffer no standing penalty, where as you take hits for any normal mission you are blue balled from completing: If someone tries to blue ball your FW mission, you shrug and move on to the next mission, with the opportunity to get it on the way back to collect some more.

Limited number of agents! lol. That is your own fault if you allow your FW agent systems to fall. A clear sign you are more interested in gains than in the work it takes to keep it.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2015-12-11 14:13:51 UTC
Jason Udan Ender wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:

i know how faction warfare works and ive seen the guides that pirate corps send out to new members so you can get your alt making isk asap for blingy machariels :)

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#48 - 2015-12-11 15:27:00 UTC
Geez, it's not like a cloak+MWD can't get you around in lowsec. Oh wait, it can.
BerSerKer 13
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2015-12-11 15:27:20 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

It's not so much a play style than it is an exploit. Stealth bombers were almost untouchable running Lv4 FW missions. If an opposing player showed up it was easy to almost instantly warp-out cloaked.

your idea of exploit is different form mine. If i go by your idea when i was blitzing level 4s in high sec with the goal in mind to kill the main target as fast and efficiently as I could was an exploit.

I think the changes were pointless and the posts that support that idea are quite valid, if any thing if the lp amount and isk was a problem then the lp amount should have been changed not make people change how they liked to play in the sandbox mmo, but only a few people are speaking up about it, and it seems like a lot of people that support the current way are not in or played fw.

Now get the feeling that this in this thread is like trying to wrestle a pig but after some time you realize the pig like's it and your covered in mud so I'm done I may compress some ideas and get with Val to see if any other ideas and a better way to push it.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#50 - 2015-12-11 15:31:30 UTC
BerSerKer 13 wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

your idea of exploit is different form mine. If i go by your idea when i was blitzing level 4s in high sec with the goal in mind to kill the main target as fast and efficiently as I could was an exploit.

I think the changes were pointless and the posts that support that idea are quite valid, if any thing if the lp amount and isk was a problem then the lp amount should have been changed not make people change how they liked to play in the sandbox mmo, but only a few people are speaking up about it, and it seems like a lot of people that support the current way are not in or played fw.

Now get the feeling that this in this thread is like trying to wrestle a pig but after some time you realize the pig like's it and your covered in mud so I'm done I may compress some ideas and get with Val to see if any other ideas and a better way to push it.

Im assuming you have an alt in faction warfare?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#51 - 2015-12-11 16:43:31 UTC
This topic was heavily debated in the Warfare and Tactics forum. There is even a sticky by Sugar Kyle that is many pages long about debate on what exactly is affecting FW the most. It was missions by SB's. Now, can someone tell me what tier Min and Amarr are at atm? Case closed.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#52 - 2015-12-11 16:57:18 UTC
BerSerKer 13 wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Replace a few workds in that and you have the exact same argument against nerfing tech moons and tracking titans. At the end of the day this was a very very unbalanced mechanic and CCP seems to have fixed it with a rather simple fix. You can still do the content, you just have to use something a bit more expensive than a 50 mil cov ops frigate.
Previous page123