These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A month into Eve, my biggest beef: Inescapable gate camps

Author
Yige Shen
Zhi Zheng
#161 - 2015-12-05 09:36:58 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
Well, it's certainly a logical thing to happen. Pirates will go where the traffic is.

The only part that really does not make sense is the low response of the empires to this threat to shipping. Functioning governments would have much stronger defenses on the gates and important structures. Pirates would need to lure shipping away from these protected areas, which the game does not really provide a mechanism for.

I wouldn't say the Navy is like the real world authorities. Like the ritual sacrifices the Amarrians hold. They might just want to protect their ruling empires that give them money and rule. And us capsuleers want our freedom to rampage throughout the galaxy lol.

dont make me call miku bjj

Yige Shen
Zhi Zheng
#162 - 2015-12-05 09:38:59 UTC
Foxstar Damaskeenus wrote:
Get out of your noob npc corp and join factional warfare or a decent lowsec corp that has control over a few systems. When people are saying use a scout they kind of mean other people/intel channel. There is a full channel with hundreds of people in the same general area in militia chat who will report gate camps or hostile ship movement. The same is true with any decent pvp corp or alliance.

Every group kind of has its regular stomping grounds or home system.

Like I've said before team equals no victory. It's a falsity.

Paul Pohl
blue media poetry
#163 - 2015-12-05 09:52:15 UTC
According to Dotlan - the most ship kills occur in Jita (and certain areas around Jita) - for pretty obvious reasons
Yige Shen
Zhi Zheng
#164 - 2015-12-05 10:00:01 UTC
Paul Pohl wrote:
According to Dotlan - the most ship kills occur in Jita (and certain areas around Jita) - for pretty obvious reasons

I hearby have another idea. A record on map for total kills everywhere =P

Solecist Project
#165 - 2015-12-05 10:12:53 UTC
This smells.

There's the weird point that people should catch him in-system, not at a gate.
This makes no sense, though, because it's not possible when you're just moving from gate to gate in lowsec.

He claims to not be a carebear, but as noted above it reads very differently.

OP uses "could have fun instead", which pretty much seals the deal. He cares only about his own fun
and doesn't want others to have ways to have their fun if it interferes with his. Textbook carebear, really.

You get to have fun in EVE either when ...

... others let you, or ...
... you make sure others can't stop you.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia