These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

wardec bad joke

First post
Author
Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2015-11-30 13:49:29 UTC
Azrael Hyabusa wrote:
Orca Platypus wrote:
Azrael Hyabusa wrote:
I don't know about anyone else but I don't want to farm newbros. I want people in my fleets running tackle, running ewar, running T1 logi. Getting excited at making a difference. Enjoying the thrill of landing the scram on the fleeing machariel/cynabal/ONI desperately trying to climb to freedom. The excitement in their voices is genuinely priceless and irreplaceable. As you grow longer in the tooth, that fades and it's a shame.

The eve pvp is fundamentally unexciting. Some assets get on grid. Some numbers are tossed. Some assets disappear. Yawn.
It is literally only done for tears. Tears is what excite you and likes of you, you only have trouble admitting it, trying to rationalize it as something else.


I stopped reading here because everything which follows cannot be valid given that unbelievable statement.

No bloody wonder the devs don't stick a big toe in here when it's filled with shite like this.


I'm sorry truth hurt you so much.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#82 - 2015-11-30 14:01:02 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
If only it hadn't already been conclusively shown to us that non consensual PvP has a hugely positive effect on retention.

Ah the tired old mistaken interpretation you strut out every time one of these debates comes up.
CCP has NEVER stated that PvP is hugely positive to player retention, they have repeated stated that the social aspects of the game have a positive a impact on player retention so enough of this. And yes these social aspects can and do occur outside of the PvP(shoot other players) aspect of the game. CCP has never stated that being shot is a positive anyway, they have only stated that being shot is not a major factor in player retention. But then that works both ways so in reality that statement from CCP is actually neutral it does not prove that being shot is good for retention and it does not prove that being shot is bad for retention.

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Wardecs are never griefing, harassment, or whatever other tearful bullshit you come up with. If you cannot deal with wars, stop being in a player corp. So long as that option exists at all, you don't have a leg to stand on.

And another of your typical comments. I do agree with you that the average war dec filed would not meet the requirements to be considered griefing but that does not mean that war decs CAN NEVER BE griefing. And the answer is still NO I cannot and will not post my proof of this because I will not purposely violate the TOS to prove a point with you.

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Repeatedly rerolling corps was an exploit for a long time. I believe it should be again.

Funny I have been in the game since 2009 and rolling corps to avoid a war dec has never been a problem with CCP in all that time. So perhaps you have some evidence that you can (are allowed to) post that proves this. OR alternatively you could perhaps give us a point in time when rolling corps was considered and exploit.

Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
It's a matter of GM opinion only. Not yours, certainly.

Turning this around it is certainly not your opinion that matters either, at least no more or no less than anyone else's.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#83 - 2015-11-30 14:06:12 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
And the answer is still NO I cannot and will not post my proof of this because I will not purposely violate the TOS to prove a point with you.


Ah yes, your tired old bullshit.

You have no proof. None. That's why you cringe behind the forum rules about it. The truth is available for any who want it, though, a ticket is free. I encourage anyone who cares to do so.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Azrael Hyabusa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#84 - 2015-11-30 14:08:03 UTC
No. It's because you're talking utter garbage. It's like arguing with a kids who can only reply with "nu-uh".



  • You are assuming that you speak for tens of thousands of players. You do not.
  • You are assuming I have some ulterior motivations. I do not and given my corp has the heady heights of a 5m SP entry barrier that rather undermines your point anyway.
  • You are sat in a PvP game, crying about PvP. It's ludicrous.
  • People from all walks of eve are trying to show you where you made the mistake and you're wandering about with your fingers in your ears going "nu-uh nu-uh nu-uh nu-uh nu-uh"
  • You are not interested in reasoned debate, you cannot counter any arguments at all save by ignoring them or moving the goal posts; all you have any interest in doing is further repeating the same lie - that PvP is effectively impossible before 50 million SPs.


And you wonder why I'm done with you?

You're flat out calling me a liar when you know nothing about me, how or who I fly with and the types of activities we find fun.

So yes, I'm done with you because there is no rational discussion to be had; you are a zealot, a lunatic clinging to a fundamentally incorrect belief set and not even open minded enough to consider that maybe, just maybe, your narrow viewpoint does not represent even the majority of eve players.

It's been demonstrated in this very thread on several occasions that your assertions are false, but that matters littel, you don't care and the dogma keeps on coming.

I'd be as well trying to talk a moth out of flying towards the light.
Orca Platypus
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2015-11-30 14:16:59 UTC
Azrael Hyabusa wrote:

  • You are assuming that you speak for tens of thousands of players. You do not.
  • You are assuming I have some ulterior motivations. I do not and given my corp has the heady heights of a 5m SP entry barrier that rather undermines your point anyway.
  • You are sat in a PvP game, crying about PvP. It's ludicrous.
  • People from all walks of eve are trying to show you where you made the mistake and you're wandering about with your fingers in your ears going "nu-uh nu-uh nu-uh nu-uh nu-uh"
  • You are not interested in reasoned debate, you cannot counter any arguments at all save by ignoring them or moving the goal posts; all you have any interest in doing is further repeating the same lie - that PvP is effectively impossible before 50 million SPs.


And you wonder why I'm done with you?

You're flat out calling me a liar when you know nothing about me, how or who I fly with and the types of activities we find fun.

So yes, I'm done with you because there is no rational discussion to be had; you are a zealot, a lunatic clinging to a fundamentally incorrect belief set and not even open minded enough to consider that maybe, just maybe, your narrow viewpoint does not represent even the majority of eve players.

It's been demonstrated in this very thread on several occasions that your assertions are false, but that matters littel, you don't care and the dogma keeps on coming.

I'd be as well trying to talk a moth out of flying towards the light.


I am assuming that I speak for everyone who raised a hand when on presentation Kaarous misunderstands people were asked if they think newbie ganking is a problem. It was immediately extrapolated from newbie to everyone, from ganking to all non-consensual pvp, and from CCP's "we have no evidence it is a problem" (despite half the present people raising hand saying it is one) it became first "it is not a problem" and gradually degraded in their failing brain to "it is actually beneficial".

You, and every newbie farmer there is, has an ulterior motive in wishing for more free targets.

I am in a sandbox game, arguing about a dated, unbalanced and generally poor mechanics, which happens to be related to a boring part of sandbox known as pvp.

People from only bittervet section of eve are on the other side. Nobody else is.

"Ignoring" says the guy who "stopped reading" my post because truth hurt him too much. Who's ignoring, mate?

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#86 - 2015-11-30 14:31:40 UTC
To prevent further degradation and trolling, I am locking this thread.

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.