These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Changes to gridsize

First post
Author
Vespula Vulgaris
Industrial Waste Management
#141 - 2015-11-23 15:30:00 UTC
But at the moment, station grids are much larger than, say, stargate grids.

Will all grids have the same default size after the change, since they'll be bigger than current station grids for instance?
Assuming that a particular grid won't be limited by having other things nearby, like other stations or a POS like already mentioned in the thread.
Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#142 - 2015-11-24 16:06:23 UTC
Has the range of the zoom/look at feature been adjusted to suit this change?

Sometimes you need to get a close-up of your enemy, so If we are going to be fighting on much battlefields, the look at feature should be increased.

Personally I don't think there is a need for a limit in the first place. It would also be better if we had different zoom factors e.g. x2, x8, ect.
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#143 - 2015-11-26 15:20:21 UTC
What will be the 'Grid Size' for Fleet Warps?

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#144 - 2015-12-02 09:38:08 UTC
Hello?

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#145 - 2015-12-04 09:52:28 UTC
CCP Claymore wrote:

Known Issues:
1. You can't anchor a POS.
2. Some POS are close enough to stations they are visible and warpable from the station.
3. Certain mission with many rooms can show rooms they should not yet be showing.

I did Right to Rule, the Amarr epic arc with sansha's path. I find no issue during epic arc.
Would be nice to remove countdown from all epic arcs to test. (only in test server).
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#146 - 2015-12-07 19:57:11 UTC
Kosetzu wrote:
Vespula Vulgaris wrote:
Will this normalize grid sizes? At the moment, I imagine a grid is around 250 km if I'm sitting in a safe spot(?), whereas a stations grid is much larger. Will all grids be the same size with this change, seeing as the undock is now a tiny fraction of the grid?

Grid-fu still behaves like before, so you can still expand grids in the same way. It's just 7800km radi that is the default one now, won't be less than that (except some barriers between pos/station to prevent same grid).

Any idea if the extensions are the same? I.e. Dropping a can at the edge expands about 150-250 now, will each can now expand by 1000?
CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#147 - 2015-12-08 10:08:58 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Has the range of the zoom/look at feature been adjusted to suit this change?

Sometimes you need to get a close-up of your enemy, so If we are going to be fighting on much battlefields, the look at feature should be increased.

Personally I don't think there is a need for a limit in the first place. It would also be better if we had different zoom factors e.g. x2, x8, ect.

This is not being changed at this point in time.

Some other team might want to tackle it in the future, but this is not going to change on Dec 8th release.

Quality Assurance Analyst Team Psycho Sisters

CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#148 - 2015-12-08 10:09:17 UTC
TheSmokingHertog wrote:
What will be the 'Grid Size' for Fleet Warps?

They will be as big as the grid.

CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#149 - 2015-12-08 10:11:29 UTC
Mr Mac wrote:
CCP Claymore wrote:

Known Issues:
1. You can't anchor a POS.
2. Some POS are close enough to stations they are visible and warpable from the station.
3. Certain mission with many rooms can show rooms they should not yet be showing.

I did Right to Rule, the Amarr epic arc with sansha's path. I find no issue during epic arc.
Would be nice to remove countdown from all epic arcs to test. (only in test server).

My bad, I probably should have updated the known issues :(

We fixed it so missions should never see rooms they should not.

CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#150 - 2015-12-08 10:12:45 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Kosetzu wrote:
Vespula Vulgaris wrote:
Will this normalize grid sizes? At the moment, I imagine a grid is around 250 km if I'm sitting in a safe spot(?), whereas a stations grid is much larger. Will all grids be the same size with this change, seeing as the undock is now a tiny fraction of the grid?

Grid-fu still behaves like before, so you can still expand grids in the same way. It's just 7800km radi that is the default one now, won't be less than that (except some barriers between pos/station to prevent same grid).

Any idea if the extensions are the same? I.e. Dropping a can at the edge expands about 150-250 now, will each can now expand by 1000?

Each can would expand it into another grid, just like current grid-fu, but with the grids being that much bigger this takes a considerable amount of time, even with my devhax.

Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#151 - 2015-12-08 10:46:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Morrigan LeSante
Is this the right place to plead for a changes on grid probing and lock range changes?

We have this huge massive grid, but are artificially constrained by arbitrary 150/250km ranges respectively.

I mean, citadels aren't even going to be able to threaten their whole grid. Imagine railgun moros with spike being a thing in the future!

I release this team isn't looking at it, but it feels a bit like you've made the most epic steak, but there's a glass window between us and it and all we can do is drool - so can you poke management to let us eat it, please Big smile
CCP Claymore
C C P
C C P Alliance
#152 - 2015-12-08 10:56:41 UTC
Morrigan LeSante wrote:
Is this the right place to plead for a changes on grid probing and lock range changes?

We have this huge massive grid, but are artificially constrained by arbitrary 150/250km ranges respectively.

I mean, citadels aren't even going to be able to threaten their whole grid. Imagine railgun moros with spike being a thing in the future!

I release this team isn't looking at it, but it feels a bit like you've made the most epic steak, but there's a glass window between us and it and all we can do is drool - so can you poke management to let us eat it, please Big smile

This is not the correct place as once the grid size change goes live, in about 1 hour, this thread is likely to go dead as it is under the test server area, you would be best posting in the features and ideas section.

It would be cool to have bigger ranges, but that would mean lots of re-balancing work of all weapon systems and ships. It is not out of the realms of possibility, but I can't see it happening any time soon as we are busy working toward the Citadel release.

But please do post your idea over in the ideas and features threads so our designers can see them.

Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#153 - 2015-12-08 11:16:58 UTC
I will - but I'm not asking for bigger ranges on mods as such, but the removal of the hard cap.

On TQ today, a naga/rokh can fire out to (and likely lock to) 300-400km, but on TQ the lock ceiling blocks me ever doing this.

For reference, something like this:

[Rokh, MJD Sniper]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Signal Amplifier II
Reactor Control Unit II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

425mm Railgun II, Spike L

Large Hybrid Locus Coordinator II
Large Hybrid Locus Coordinator II
Large Hybrid Locus Coordinator I

315+49km fire range
399km lock range

Except....I get barred at 250km.

So, not a rebalance or change to the mods, just the hard cap removal. If I can EFT a fit up to lock it and hit it, I should be able to.

Less of an issue with todays small grids. Well, given the time of posting, yesterdays small grids Blink
unidenify
Deaf Armada
#154 - 2015-12-08 19:46:10 UTC
Morrigan, Claymore already explain that his team is not responsible on area related to hard cap on target lock.

Grant I do want to see it either expand or be gone so I can play with this fit

[Rokh, screw everyone far away]
Power Diagnostic System II
Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer

Federation Navy Tracking Computer, Optimal Range Script