These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Why do off grid links exist?

Author
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#61 - 2015-11-12 22:56:53 UTC
Reah Darknorth wrote:
what is your point?

i guess we could pay someone to follow us in a tengu. i mean its possible. but what does that matter? we can still train an alt and do it ourselves, or buy one from the character bazaar, and links are still broken.

and my reaction is "exactly why people do have an extra account with an OGB alt." ?

what does that even mean? im pretty sure people use links because they are advantageous in pvp.

some of you need to try writing down actual coherent thoughts that pertain to the discussion.


The point is, if people don't want to fly them, but the ship and mods are available in game; then people will find a work around.

Except for people admitting they have an OGB alt, no one has a way of telling if someone is multiboxing, or if it is another pilot.
Arla Sarain
#62 - 2015-11-12 23:24:49 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
yea the gallente and minmitar ones look like they will be the most popular. wish i had more info

All stats and fitting slots on SISI actually.

Looks like T1 level DPS if not lower.
T1 Corax actually gets about 16% more deeps over the new one.


Good thing there is no linking/MJDing catalyst xD
Reah Darknorth
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2015-11-12 23:47:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Reah Darknorth
Estella Osoka wrote:


The point is, if people don't want to fly them, but the ship and mods are available in game; then people will find a work around.

Except for people admitting they have an OGB alt, no one has a way of telling if someone is multiboxing, or if it is another pilot.

your posts are barely intelligible. and you still havent made a point. a point would be something like, "links are fine". you havent actually made one, youve just typed words and pressed "enter".

what you seem to be saying is that afk t3 boosters are some kind of "work around". but an afk alt that sits in a safe spot and provides 10 billion isk worth of statistical combat advantages to his fleet, is not a work around. i dare say it almost seems as if they were specifically designed to work this way, and even if they werent, they still have to be seen as a problem, because they do work this way, and theyre really good at it too.

youre right that no one has a way of telling if someone is multiboxing, or if it's another pilot. this is true, but what is your point? the afk t3 alt could be another player. the afk t3 alt could even be good friends with the guy he is boosting, doing it for free just because he likes his friend. who knows. but the afk t3 alt could also be just an afk t3 alt, purchased from the character bazaar specifically for the act of boosting someones main character in pvp, from a safe spot, afk.

and links are still broken.
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#64 - 2015-11-13 01:40:13 UTC
Reah Darknorth wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:


The point is, if people don't want to fly them, but the ship and mods are available in game; then people will find a work around.

Except for people admitting they have an OGB alt, no one has a way of telling if someone is multiboxing, or if it is another pilot.

your posts are barely intelligible. and you still havent made a point. a point would be something like, "links are fine". you havent actually made one, youve just typed words and pressed "enter".

what you seem to be saying is that afk t3 boosters are some kind of "work around". but an afk alt that sits in a safe spot and provides 10 billion isk worth of statistical combat advantages to his fleet, is not a work around. i dare say it almost seems as if they were specifically designed to work this way, and even if they werent, they still have to be seen as a problem, because they do work this way, and theyre really good at it too.

youre right that no one has a way of telling if someone is multiboxing, or if it's another pilot. this is true, but what is your point? the afk t3 alt could be another player. the afk t3 alt could even be good friends with the guy he is boosting, doing it for free just because he likes his friend. who knows. but the afk t3 alt could also be just an afk t3 alt, purchased from the character bazaar specifically for the act of boosting someones main character in pvp, from a safe spot, afk.

and links are still broken.


Intelligible? At least the words I type have capitalization where needed and correct punctuation. Now you'll probably reply with some crap that you posted from your phone.

The bottomline is this is EVE. It's a cold, harsh, universe. Some people know how to deal with OGBs, and some don't. You are probably in the latter. Adapt, die, or GTFO.
BABARR
Lowlife.
Snuffed Out
#65 - 2015-11-13 01:51:01 UTC
"Why do off grid links exist?"

Cause CCP like when ppl subscribe a second account and offgrid booster perfectly push ppl to do that.
Arla Sarain
#66 - 2015-11-13 01:54:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Arla Sarain
Estella Osoka wrote:


The bottomline is this is EVE. It's a cold, harsh, universe.

Please hold whilst I redirect you to the Role Playing forum.

Estella Osoka wrote:
Adapt, die, or GTFO.

That's very cute, even if its cliche. But you need massive amount of people playing for a game to be a MMO. Not a massive amount of alts.
Reah Darknorth
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2015-11-13 02:44:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Reah Darknorth
Estella Osoka wrote:


Intelligible? At least the words I type have capitalization where needed and correct punctuation. Now you'll probably reply with some crap that you posted from your phone.

The bottomline is this is EVE. It's a cold, harsh, universe. Some people know how to deal with OGBs, and some don't. You are probably in the latter. Adapt, die, or GTFO.

if you want to discuss punctuation, i suggest trying a grade 1 english class. here, we are generally documenting ideas in an informal and unofficial discussion.

youre right, eve is cold, harsh, and it is a universe. some people know how to deal with links and some dont

but your mistake is assuming that because i am completely against links, that it must be because i dont know how to deal with them. this is a fallacy. whether i know how to deal with links or not is irrelevant.

but i would like to point out that i am actually pretty good at pvp. the only real way to deal with links is to avoid them or bring your own. it is possible to beat a link user in a 1v1, but its no easy task, and it requires an adept understanding of the art of war (or the war of art). because thats the secret to eve pvp, and to all warfare in general. its the art of war, and the power of knowledge.

does that mean links are ok? no. theyre still broken, and you still have yet to make a point.

"adapt, die or GTFO..." well, yeah, the problem with that, is that it has nothing to do with what is right for the game or wrong for the game. its just a completely neutral phrase. it sounds cool, though, ill give you that.
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#68 - 2015-11-13 14:11:26 UTC
Reah Darknorth wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:


Intelligible? At least the words I type have capitalization where needed and correct punctuation. Now you'll probably reply with some crap that you posted from your phone.

The bottomline is this is EVE. It's a cold, harsh, universe. Some people know how to deal with OGBs, and some don't. You are probably in the latter. Adapt, die, or GTFO.

if you want to discuss punctuation, i suggest trying a grade 1 english class. here, we are generally documenting ideas in an informal and unofficial discussion.

youre right, eve is cold, harsh, and it is a universe. some people know how to deal with links and some dont

but your mistake is assuming that because i am completely against links, that it must be because i dont know how to deal with them. this is a fallacy. whether i know how to deal with links or not is irrelevant.

but i would like to point out that i am actually pretty good at pvp. the only real way to deal with links is to avoid them or bring your own. it is possible to beat a link user in a 1v1, but its no easy task, and it requires an adept understanding of the art of war (or the war of art). because thats the secret to eve pvp, and to all warfare in general. its the art of war, and the power of knowledge.

does that mean links are ok? no. theyre still broken, and you still have yet to make a point.

"adapt, die or GTFO..." well, yeah, the problem with that, is that it has nothing to do with what is right for the game or wrong for the game. its just a completely neutral phrase. it sounds cool, though, ill give you that.


Sure you are good at pvp. Especially when it's popping people on the undock in Rens.
https://zkillboard.com/character/95830809/
Reah Darknorth
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#69 - 2015-11-13 15:32:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Reah Darknorth
again you resort to things which have literally nothing to do with the discussion. you are on a roll!

you linked the killboard of a two month old alt, you totally proved me wrong lol
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#70 - 2015-11-13 19:15:16 UTC
Reah Darknorth wrote:
again you resort to things which have literally nothing to do with the discussion. you are on a roll!

you linked the killboard of a two month old alt, you totally proved me wrong lol


You're an alt??? Hmm....

Reah Darknorth wrote:
but links are still the worst. the multiple account elites can keep their economic monopolies and their army of farming procurers. just let us the real players have real pvp that doesn't involve a p2w i-win button cloaked up off grid.


And here I thought you were a real player trying to have real PVP. Ironic.

Reah Darknorth
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2015-11-13 20:12:29 UTC
yes this is an alt used for "popping things on rens undock", as well as other mundane activity such as hauling. to repeat what i said earlier, eve is a game of alts.

but there are major differences between that type of every day use of alternate characters, and using an alt as an afk off grid fleet booster. the main difference being that links are a totally broken game mechanic, a fact which you have yet to refute in any way.

i am still waiting for you to make some kind of point, but i suspect you will continue with your irrelevant fallacies and out of context straw man arguments.
Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#72 - 2015-11-14 08:18:16 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Reah Darknorth wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:


The point is, if people don't want to fly them, but the ship and mods are available in game; then people will find a work around.

Except for people admitting they have an OGB alt, no one has a way of telling if someone is multiboxing, or if it is another pilot.

your posts are barely intelligible. and you still havent made a point. a point would be something like, "links are fine". you havent actually made one, youve just typed words and pressed "enter".

what you seem to be saying is that afk t3 boosters are some kind of "work around". but an afk alt that sits in a safe spot and provides 10 billion isk worth of statistical combat advantages to his fleet, is not a work around. i dare say it almost seems as if they were specifically designed to work this way, and even if they werent, they still have to be seen as a problem, because they do work this way, and theyre really good at it too.

youre right that no one has a way of telling if someone is multiboxing, or if it's another pilot. this is true, but what is your point? the afk t3 alt could be another player. the afk t3 alt could even be good friends with the guy he is boosting, doing it for free just because he likes his friend. who knows. but the afk t3 alt could also be just an afk t3 alt, purchased from the character bazaar specifically for the act of boosting someones main character in pvp, from a safe spot, afk.

and links are still broken.


Intelligible? At least the words I type have capitalization where needed and correct punctuation. Now you'll probably reply with some crap that you posted from your phone.

The bottomline is this is EVE. It's a cold, harsh, universe. Some people know how to deal with OGBs, and some don't. You are probably in the latter. Adapt, die, or GTFO.




Lmao. So cold and harsh until I buy a second account with cloaky booster/scout. Then it's just cold and harsh for other people. There is no way to adapt to OGB other than to buy one yourself or dock up. There's no trade-off or drawback to OGB at all. This "cold, harsh universe ****" from people who have a cloaky alt pre-jumping every gate is pure hilarity.
Burtakus
Lone W0lf Society
#73 - 2015-11-16 03:14:02 UTC
I will advocate for the removal of off grid links when:

a) gate camps are removed
b) I can fly solo ( as I am mainly a solo pilot) and not have to worry about getting jumped by more than 2 other pilots flying the same ship class or lower

If the argument is that links give you an edge then why should I not use my investment in that edge to counter the edge others get from their gate camps and the ever present blob that seems to be so popular today.



Silverbackyererse
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#74 - 2015-11-16 08:52:17 UTC
I would like to advocate for the removal of off grid link whiners.It's old, it's boring, it's all been said before.

Idea Maybe you could all toddle off to Minecraft, get a server together and make a new axe to grind.


Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#75 - 2015-11-16 11:48:25 UTC
Burtakus wrote:
I will advocate for the removal of off grid links when:

a) gate camps are removed
b) I can fly solo ( as I am mainly a solo pilot) and not have to worry about getting jumped by more than 2 other pilots flying the same ship class or lower

If the argument is that links give you an edge then why should I not use my investment in that edge to counter the edge others get from their gate camps and the ever present blob that seems to be so popular today.





So you want to nerf Friend Ship?

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#76 - 2015-11-16 16:08:20 UTC
So many times ive warped into 10-20 dudes. They are happy to sit on the warp in and get a boring easy kill, but when i evade or coast out of scram suddenly links are super lame. If they have their own sometimes they complain about snakes instead.

Everyone wants to blame something else for their own failings. The same people so angry about links will be just as angry about something else if links are removed.
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#77 - 2015-11-16 21:37:51 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Burtakus wrote:
I will advocate for the removal of off grid links when:

a) gate camps are removed
b) I can fly solo ( as I am mainly a solo pilot) and not have to worry about getting jumped by more than 2 other pilots flying the same ship class or lower

If the argument is that links give you an edge then why should I not use my investment in that edge to counter the edge others get from their gate camps and the ever present blob that seems to be so popular today.





So you want to nerf Friend Ship?


If I am fighting in a timezone where I don't have support, and my options are to blueball a group sitting in a novice/small plex, or bring in a OGB to even things up; I'll choose the OGB everytime.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#78 - 2015-11-18 00:57:36 UTC
Silverbackyererse wrote:
I would like to advocate for the removal of off grid link whiners.It's old, it's boring, it's all been said before.


It's all been said before? Even this argument:

Silverbackyererse wrote:

Idea Maybe you could all toddle off to Minecraft, get a server together and make a new axe to grind.



Without fail, the worst eve posters always come out to defend this horrible mechanic.


Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#79 - 2015-11-18 01:31:47 UTC
Silverbackyererse wrote:
I would like to advocate for the removal of off grid link whiners.It's old, it's boring, it's all been said before.

Idea Maybe you could all toddle off to Minecraft, get a server together and make a new axe to grind.




When they bring links on-grid and Diageo has to get a real job, do you plan to unsub?

If so, can I have your stuff?


Silverbackyererse
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#80 - 2015-11-18 06:37:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Silverbackyererse
@ Cearain

How on earth can you interpret my post as defending anything?
I was simply expressing that I'm over reading the same old gripes from the same old people in the same old threads.
However I will concede that it was definitely a shiptoast of questionable quality. I would however like to point out that it takes a shiptoaster to know a shiptoaster.

Lol

@ Demerius

Dago has >100m SP - he has plenty of uses - links are just one of his many talents.
So, no plans to unsub him and no you can't have my stuffz. You couldn't handle my stuffz.
How you going anyways man? Last time I saw you mooching around Okkamon you were travelling with a T3 links ship. What is it they say about glass houses and stones?

P