These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: EVE Economy Update - EVE Vegas 2015 Report

First post First post
Author
Random User83
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#61 - 2015-11-16 22:43:25 UTC
i know, I know, I'm late to the party.

Yes Incursion runners make a bunch of isk. It's how most of us chose to PLEX our accounts that we PVP with. I run incursions 1 weekend a month, and that pays for my Incursion alt, and my pvp main and the various frigates and cruisers that I know he's going to lose.

It also does wonderful things for new players. It exposes them to a FLEET environment. Following the orders of an FC. It's often the first exposure they have to flying with Logistics, keeping the fleet tab up, broadcasting, tags, etc. I wasn't comfortable with PVP until i ran incursions, then in a "relatively" safe environment (have you subscribed to any of the SRP mailing lists, the incurion communities lose hundreds of billions of isk in ships every month. fuckups happen)

I was one that thought incursions must be the biggest faucet in the game then I saw that chart and realized RATTERS MAKE 4X MORE THAN WE DO!!! NERF RATTING!!!!ZOMG

(just kidding but you know what i mean)

I'm a strong independant alt that don't need no main...

Anize Oramara
The Arch Dashing Dashers
#62 - 2015-11-17 09:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Random User83 wrote:
I was one that thought incursions must be the biggest faucet in the game then I saw that chart and realized RATTERS MAKE 4X MORE THAN WE DO!!! NERF RATTING!!!!ZOMG

(just kidding but you know what i mean)

Incursions is the biggest per person faucet yes. I think the main problem is that while just under 20% of people mission (and this is just a % of the total ratting/bounty faucet mind you) only 1.5% of people run incursions and yet generates more than 1/4 of the isk bounties generate.

That said the impact of incursion isk is not necessarily big enough because there is a 'cap' to how many people can participate in the content at any one time, although it is 'farmable' 24/7. Same with WH income (The majority of NPC Market I believe). Without putting your assets at risk, there is only so many sites you can farm in your home system and they eventually dry up. No guaranteed infinite cap farming. That is why you can get stupidly high isk/h numbers in HWs, it only lasts for a few hours.

Now if you look at the largest isk faucet, bounties, then this would be mission running and ratting(exploration and null). A large part of that isk sinks back into LP in the case of missions (as much as 60% or more depending) but almost none of it sinks in the case of nullsec ratting. That's why they have comparatively lower isk/h compared to even missions.

Incursions: 24/7 farming, some LP sink, very small cap of players
Wormholes: very limited farming, no LP sink, moderate risk, some cap due to SP and time investment required, some market regulation (ribbons)
Missions: 24/7 farming, highest LP sink, large(st?) number of players, market regulated (LP items)
Nullsec: 24/7 farming, very small (optional) LP sink, Large(st?) number of players, Lowest max wealth/h per character, easiest to multibox

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3