These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Scanning !!! What the hell !!!??

First post
Author
Arla Sarain
#41 - 2015-11-03 20:57:14 UTC
Zosius wrote:
Has anybody noticed that d-scan is now shown in probe map? Direction and distance is visible. In other words, ccp just removed the need to have any skill pinpointing ship location with d-scan to get a hit with combats on first try.

The skill to avoid combat probes was never existent in the first place.
Craticus Lemmont
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2015-11-03 20:58:26 UTC
Zosius wrote:
One thing I would like to have though, is to have my ship modules visible when map is in full screen.

this has been requested in the feedback thread, CCP are looking to add this by the looks of it, hopefully on a toggle...
Zosius
The Nordic Associates
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#43 - 2015-11-03 21:08:01 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
Zosius wrote:
Has anybody noticed that d-scan is now shown in probe map? Direction and distance is visible. In other words, ccp just removed the need to have any skill pinpointing ship location with d-scan to get a hit with combats on first try.

I mean a skill to get accurate position of ship via d-scan and get 100% hit with combats on first try. Now you can see d-scan in the map, so it will be easy peasy to even set 0.5-1 AU.

Probably will work to advantage in terms of content, but still sucks to see tough to acquire skill to become useless.
Mysa
EVIL PLANKTON
#44 - 2015-11-03 21:36:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Mysa
Harumi Akiga wrote:
bleh

Alt-mouse wheel up/down to change distance? Been waiting!!!!!!!
Assign enter key to analyse? BEEN WAITING!!!!!!!!
Assing § key for directional scan analyse, NO MORE WAITING!!!!!!!!!
New 3d-map beta or not, GAWD YES!!!!!!!
PhantomMajor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2015-11-03 21:38:49 UTC
Faenir Antollare wrote:
I near birthed Kittens when I logged in after the patch and had a look at the scanning.
Rather than come running to the forums bleating and whining about it, I merely checked the options and then just disabled the new features.

As good as new :)

that says it all about the new features if everyone is disabling them.

Thanks for the tip. I will correct CCPs mistake when I get home from work.
Arla Sarain
#46 - 2015-11-03 21:47:15 UTC
Zosius wrote:
Arla Sarain wrote:
Zosius wrote:

I mean a skill to get accurate position of ship via d-scan and get 100% hit with combats on first try. Now you can see d-scan in the map, so it will be easy peasy to even set 0.5-1 AU.

Probably will work to advantage in terms of content, but still sucks to see tough to acquire skill to become useless.

I understood you the first time.

My point being is that any skill involved with combat scanning wasn't really balanced with how easy it is to avoid being probed down. Shortest scan time is 4s and D-scans have a 2s reuse. Anyone who isn't AFK can easily avoid probes.
ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#47 - 2015-11-03 22:58:33 UTC
This thread has one more life before I close it. It started as a rant but the discussion has been relatively useful since.

I have also removed two off-topic/disrespectful posts. Our rules don't become optional because of your displeasure to a feature in the game. Construct coherent sentences, make your points, and please try to keep your maturity level up there.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#48 - 2015-11-03 23:23:19 UTC
Stop whining and learn to use it again.

The beta map seemed wonky to me when it first came out, and now it's my preferred map.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Chuffer
Testicle of Doom
#49 - 2015-11-03 23:24:04 UTC
I'm not sure what the drama is about, I think that the scanner changes are an improvement. And even if you don't like them you're still able to use the previous version.
Evan Roc
Awakened Ones
#50 - 2015-11-03 23:24:42 UTC
I guess I will use this as a feedback thread.

New scanner is bad, I live in WH space and scan to much as it is but it is quick most days. I gave this new system a shot but I can only guess the CCP Devs either don't play EVE or if they do they don't scan.

I have turned it off, and thank god they gave us that option.

Issues as I see them.

1. Much slower than the old process, not sure why other than it is harder to center the probes.
2. The Dscan range grid? that surrounds your ship should not be red, the sigs are red and it is confusing.
3. I don't like the pop up map, it is to small unless you re-size it and then it covers everything (I run 2 x 27in screens)
4. I like the move of the recover probes but that is it.

I will wait for an update to use the new system.
Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#51 - 2015-11-03 23:32:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Terminal Insanity
so ccp saw the scanning system, and noticed it needed some tweaks
so ccp added massive lag and removed the probe indicators from it.
awesome. Did they even ******* test this for 5 minutes? i mean, you just had to load the game up, and open the scan window for like 10 seconds to see the problem. Nobody?

scanning is kind of a critical feature in pvp, and this just completely ****** that over. It was already almost impossible to scan people down, but hey make it a bit harder. why not?

I guess i can remove lvl5 scan skills from my training queue now.

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Leeluvv
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#52 - 2015-11-03 23:40:45 UTC
Evan Roc wrote:
I guess I will use this as a feedback thread.

New scanner is bad, I live in WH space and scan to much as it is but it is quick most days. I gave this new system a shot but I can only guess the CCP Devs either don't play EVE or if they do they don't scan.

I have turned it off, and thank god they gave us that option.

Issues as I see them.

1. Much slower than the old process, not sure why other than it is harder to center the probes.
2. The Dscan range grid? that surrounds your ship should not be red, the sigs are red and it is confusing.
3. I don't like the pop up map, it is to small unless you re-size it and then it covers everything (I run 2 x 27in screens)
4. I like the move of the recover probes but that is it.

I will wait for an update to use the new system.

1. Did you use pre-set probe settings before? The new one is a lot faster, as it is a single click to go from one config to another instead of 3 clicks. If anyone is manually moving individual probes, then you have been doing it wrong. That's why CCP gave you the option to save probe configurations.
2. Agreed. Different colour or be able to toggle DScan range on Probe map
3. How is an adjustable map worse? I have a one 27" screen and it covers 2/3, leaving me enough space to see the important bits of the rest of the screen
Darian en Chasteaux
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2015-11-03 23:54:07 UTC
Hi,

Use the old 2d map; :(

Darian
Ursula Thrace
Dreamland Augmented Consortium
#54 - 2015-11-04 01:10:26 UTC
Sacu Shi wrote:
Actually, there is a check box in the 'general' settings that allows you to use the old scanning method and the old map.

Perhaps if you took your sunglasses off you would see it...

ziiiinnnnggggggg!
ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#55 - 2015-11-04 01:16:54 UTC
Clearly this thread has run its course. Please continue discussions in this thread.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page123