These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New Beta EVE Launcher is Now Available for Mac

First post
Author
Pete Toxcal
White Zulu
Scorpion Federation
#41 - 2015-11-03 10:50:08 UTC
Hi CCP Snorlax ,

doing Refresh from the View menu didnt work, but after restarting the launcher it downloads 2 files - approx 20 MByte - and now it works on my MacBook pro.

Can we help testing any other parts of this client?
Ignatius Glick
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#42 - 2015-11-03 10:53:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Ignatius Glick
same here, after reloading, its working for myself as well! Will we be able to use the multi-launch on mac? Does this launcher take into account the issue that required us to clone our eve instances? So if i close one its not going to freeze the other?

however it doesn't appear to be importing my profile as my overview and all that jazz is jacked up.
Ignatius Glick
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2015-11-03 11:30:08 UTC
I didn't see this in known issues, but Tranquility is showing as online with 12k+ players in the mac launcher and offline in the old launcher(which it is I can't connect.)
Amanda Orion
WinterFel
#44 - 2015-11-03 11:46:24 UTC
11:45 UK time.

Old launcher shows TQ (unknown)

Beta launcher shows it online with over 12000 players connected.

Neither can actually connect - so it looks like the beta is mistaken...
Ignatius Glick
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2015-11-03 11:47:03 UTC
Amanda Orion wrote:
11:45 UK time.

Old launcher shows TQ (unknown)

Beta launcher shows it online with over 12000 players connected.

Neither can actually connect - so it looks like the beta is mistaken...


yep
roadwarrior104
LEE KAY ship yards inc.
#46 - 2015-11-03 12:24:58 UTC
now at least my launcher says the server is offline it just said unknown before
windows server
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#47 - 2015-11-03 14:42:45 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
I found the missing files - hit refresh from the view menu to get those pesky files that were preventing the TQ client from starting up.

I will add safeguards to prevent this issue from happening again, sorry for the inconvenience.

I am now able to get on TQ. Thanks.

I was messing with settings, trying to figure out how to save them and move them to my three accounts, then I got :

"evelauncher has unexpectedly quit"

Along with a window full of stuff. The first few lines were:

Process: evelauncher [12287]
Path: /Applications/EVE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/evelauncher
Identifier: com.ccpgames.evelauncher
Version: 0
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [353]
Responsible: evelauncher [12287]
User ID: 1052955707

Date/Time: 2015-11-03 06:34:12.760 -0800
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1112)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 4277EFE1-014D-A17C-C776-D93E9C2ADD01

Sleep/Wake UUID: D840065D-B5EA-431B-AA07-6BA2F00EE522

Crashed Thread: 0 CrBrowserMain Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000020

I saved the rest, if you want it. Where do I send it?

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#48 - 2015-11-03 14:48:18 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:
I found the missing files - hit refresh from the view menu to get those pesky files that were preventing the TQ client from starting up.

I will add safeguards to prevent this issue from happening again, sorry for the inconvenience.

I am now able to get on TQ. Thanks.

I was messing with settings, trying to figure out how to save them and move them to my three accounts, then I got :

"evelauncher has unexpectedly quit"

Along with a window full of stuff. The first few lines were:

Process: evelauncher [12287]
Path: /Applications/EVE Launcher.app/Contents/MacOS/evelauncher
Identifier: com.ccpgames.evelauncher
Version: 0
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [353]
Responsible: evelauncher [12287]
User ID: 1052955707

Date/Time: 2015-11-03 06:34:12.760 -0800
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F1112)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 4277EFE1-014D-A17C-C776-D93E9C2ADD01

Sleep/Wake UUID: D840065D-B5EA-431B-AA07-6BA2F00EE522

Crashed Thread: 0 CrBrowserMain Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000020

I saved the rest, if you want it. Where do I send it?

File a bug report (http://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/) and attach the extra info.

I appreciate your effort.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#49 - 2015-11-03 15:38:16 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:
...........

File a bug report (http://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/) and attach the extra info.

I appreciate your effort.

Bug report EBR-52960.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Jackson Thrane
Acheron Kingdom
#50 - 2015-11-03 17:33:11 UTC
Downloaded, uninstalled, and downloaded again....

Keep getting this error: "Your EVE client installation may have modified, damaged or corrupt files. Please run repair.exe located in the EVE game directory or re-install the game client.
File not found: C:\sisi\bin\_yaml.pyd"

Not a computer guy so I have literally zero idea what its getting at.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#51 - 2015-11-03 17:42:23 UTC
Jackson Thrane wrote:
Downloaded, uninstalled, and downloaded again....

Keep getting this error: "Your EVE client installation may have modified, damaged or corrupt files. Please run repair.exe located in the EVE game directory or re-install the game client.
File not found: C:\sisi\bin\_yaml.pyd"

Not a computer guy so I have literally zero idea what its getting at.

This should have been fixed this afternoon - did you just try it? If not, try restarting the launcher and see if that works. If not, please file a bug report (http://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/) to my attention and attach the launcher logs. You should find them under ~/Library/Application Support/CCP/EVE/Launcher.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Jackson Thrane
Acheron Kingdom
#52 - 2015-11-03 17:44:15 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Jackson Thrane wrote:
Downloaded, uninstalled, and downloaded again....

Keep getting this error: "Your EVE client installation may have modified, damaged or corrupt files. Please run repair.exe located in the EVE game directory or re-install the game client.
File not found: C:\sisi\bin\_yaml.pyd"

Not a computer guy so I have literally zero idea what its getting at.

This should have been fixed this afternoon - did you just try it? If not, try restarting the launcher and see if that works. If not, please file a bug report (http://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/) to my attention and attach the launcher logs. You should find them under ~/Library/Application Support/CCP/EVE/Launcher.




That was no more then 5 minutes ago, sending in bug report soon
Jackson Thrane
Acheron Kingdom
#53 - 2015-11-03 17:49:10 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Jackson Thrane wrote:
Downloaded, uninstalled, and downloaded again....

Keep getting this error: "Your EVE client installation may have modified, damaged or corrupt files. Please run repair.exe located in the EVE game directory or re-install the game client.
File not found: C:\sisi\bin\_yaml.pyd"

Not a computer guy so I have literally zero idea what its getting at.

This should have been fixed this afternoon - did you just try it? If not, try restarting the launcher and see if that works. If not, please file a bug report (http://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/) to my attention and attach the launcher logs. You should find them under ~/Library/Application Support/CCP/EVE/Launcher.



Also is that found in the Steam Client? If so thats not what I use.
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#54 - 2015-11-03 17:52:55 UTC
Jackson Thrane wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Jackson Thrane wrote:
Downloaded, uninstalled, and downloaded again....

Keep getting this error: "Your EVE client installation may have modified, damaged or corrupt files. Please run repair.exe located in the EVE game directory or re-install the game client.
File not found: C:\sisi\bin\_yaml.pyd"

Not a computer guy so I have literally zero idea what its getting at.

This should have been fixed this afternoon - did you just try it? If not, try restarting the launcher and see if that works. If not, please file a bug report (http://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/) to my attention and attach the launcher logs. You should find them under ~/Library/Application Support/CCP/EVE/Launcher.



Also is that found in the Steam Client? If so thats not what I use.

The beta launcher has no Steam integration yet...

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#55 - 2015-11-03 20:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Raphendyr Nardieu
I had problems to start eve today. Found the reason for it too. So the client was complaining that mapObjects.db doesn't validate. Found out that in the past sharedcache folder permissions were wrong. I fixed those permissions some time ago. Anycase, before I fixed them launcher had written update for that file (withouth write permission) and windows happily had created virtual storage for that file... Very nice for the windows to do that... So I had this file (and few others):
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\staticdata\mapObjects.db

Eve launcher updated the real file (as it had permissions now), but the client read the wrong one (because of the windows). So I ended up removing all eve stuff from the virtual storage and things are now working as expected.

So, Could it be possible that when client exits with non zero exit code or one that means it failed to validate, then the launcher would automatically analyze the problem. It would check that all files in the tq folder are updated and so on. Also would check for permissions and clear that virtual storage.

ps. Also the launcher was working as Administrator of course (as it didn't read the virtual storage) :)
CCP Snorlax
C C P
C C P Alliance
#56 - 2015-11-03 21:06:57 UTC
Raphendyr Nardieu wrote:
I had problems to start eve today. Found the reason for it too. So the client was complaining that mapObjects.db doesn't validate. Found out that in the past sharedcache folder permissions were wrong. I fixed those permissions some time ago. Anycase, before I fixed them launcher had written update for that file (withouth write permission) and windows happily had created virtual storage for that file... Very nice for the windows to do that... So I had this file (and few others):
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\staticdata\mapObjects.db

Eve launcher updated the real file (as it had permissions now), but the client read the wrong one (because of the windows). So I ended up removing all eve stuff from the virtual storage and things are now working as expected.

So, Could it be possible that when client exits with non zero exit code or one that means it failed to validate, then the launcher would automatically analyze the problem. It would check that all files in the tq folder are updated and so on. Also would check for permissions and clear that virtual storage.

ps. Also the launcher was working as Administrator of course (as it didn't read the virtual storage) :)

THANK YOU! I've been tearing my hair out trying to work out how the files were not being updated for some players, and we've not been able to reproduce this. This is a very specific sequence of events that explains this scenario. If I can detect this scenario in the launcher I can correct it, so you've done everybody a huge favor figuring this out.

CCP Snorlax - Software Architect - Team RnB - @CCP_Snorlax - http://ccpsnorlax.blogspot.is/

Bora Vyvorant
EVE University
Ivy League
#57 - 2015-11-03 21:25:29 UTC
I'm seeing the in-game browser not working on a Mac under the new launcher. Content window blank, closing it freezes the client. Still working in my original client install.

EBR-53178
Jackson Thrane
Acheron Kingdom
#58 - 2015-11-03 23:28:04 UTC
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Jackson Thrane wrote:
CCP Snorlax wrote:
Jackson Thrane wrote:
Downloaded, uninstalled, and downloaded again....

Keep getting this error: "Your EVE client installation may have modified, damaged or corrupt files. Please run repair.exe located in the EVE game directory or re-install the game client.
File not found: C:\sisi\bin\_yaml.pyd"

Not a computer guy so I have literally zero idea what its getting at.

This should have been fixed this afternoon - did you just try it? If not, try restarting the launcher and see if that works. If not, please file a bug report (http://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/) to my attention and attach the launcher logs. You should find them under ~/Library/Application Support/CCP/EVE/Launcher.



Also is that found in the Steam Client? If so thats not what I use.

The beta launcher has no Steam integration yet...



Here is my bug report ID:EBR-53039
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#59 - 2015-11-04 17:45:38 UTC
Now that I have actually gotten to use the new launcher, I have one suggestion.

There seem to be two ways to have my accounts on the launcher.

1) I enter the account name and password for the first account. Then I click Add Account, and enter in the second one. Then repeat the process again for the third.

2) I use "Remember account" and I immediately get a nice list of all my accounts. But, they are all logged in. This creates a security issue.

I would like a third option that is in between these two. I would like that nice list of all my accounts to show up as soon as I start the launcher, but have none of them logged in until I enter their passwords.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Planeten Schreck
Green Screen
#60 - 2015-11-06 09:42:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Planeten Schreck
Hi,

i tryed out the new laucher today.

1) for me the import old settings to create a profile didnt work. After a manual copy of the files it seems to work.

2) i have linked 3 accounts with the new laucher, after an ip address change of my isp i go 3 red boxes with an error message overlapping the complete left part of the laucher windows. I had to press "logout", close the laucher, reopen and relogin to make the laucher usable again. (relogin got the security question for char name).