These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Operational: Dark Gardens of the Empire

Author
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#21 - 2015-11-03 04:20:09 UTC
I forgot to mention that Punishers suck when flown solo.

Get a Tormentor, you bloody idiot.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Maria Daphiti
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#22 - 2015-11-03 12:28:33 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
You wanna know what's worse?

He isn't going to undock that Yacht.


*sulkily* He did.

Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#23 - 2015-11-03 13:08:09 UTC
Maria Daphiti wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
You wanna know what's worse?

He isn't going to undock that Yacht.


*sulkily* He did.



Was it destroyed?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#24 - 2015-11-03 13:56:53 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
I forgot to mention that Punishers suck when flown solo.

Get a Tormentor, you bloody idiot.

And here you all can listen to combat advices of a coward, who can't fight and blames others in cowardice while flying away in warp stabbed ship.
Sweet Maker!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#25 - 2015-11-03 14:07:24 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
I forgot to mention that Punishers suck when flown solo.

Get a Tormentor, you bloody idiot.

And here you all can listen to combat advices of a coward, who can't fight and blames others in cowardice while flying away in warp stabbed ship.
Sweet Maker!


If he is a coward doesn't that just make Naup look worse? It is sound advice either way and no Elmund isn't a coward as you say .
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2015-11-03 14:25:43 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
And here you all can listen to combat advices of a coward, who can't fight and blames others in cowardice while flying away in warp stabbed ship.
Sweet Maker!


Shhhh.... it's ok, Kimmie. Let it go. Nobody blames you for failing to fit enough points to hold him down. Let it go. Forgive yourself.
Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#27 - 2015-11-03 15:08:33 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Maria Daphiti wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
You wanna know what's worse?

He isn't going to undock that Yacht.


*sulkily* He did.



Was it destroyed?


From tone, I'd guess not.

Also, we'd be hearing about it in probably more detail if it had.
Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#28 - 2015-11-03 16:22:23 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:

If he is a coward doesn't that just make Naup look worse? It is sound advice either way and no Elmund isn't a coward as you say .

Honestly, I'd better help Nauplius kill that Egivand. Maybe they are a good match for each other by their mental abilities, but still, Egivand is a formal enemy and Nauplius is a formal ally.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Diana Kim
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#29 - 2015-11-03 16:23:34 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:
And here you all can listen to combat advices of a coward, who can't fight and blames others in cowardice while flying away in warp stabbed ship.
Sweet Maker!


Shhhh.... it's ok, Kimmie. Let it go. Nobody blames you for failing to fit enough points to hold him down. Let it go. Forgive yourself.

When I will need an advice of someone with a brain of a goon, I'll leave you a notification.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2015-11-03 19:41:05 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Arrendis wrote:
Shhhh.... it's ok, Kimmie. Let it go. Nobody blames you for failing to fit enough points to hold him down. Let it go. Forgive yourself.

When I will need an advice of someone with a brain of a goon, I'll leave you a notification.


I know it's hard. I know there's a lot of bitterness in there. But it's not your fault. The only one who thinks you were incompetent was you. Let it go.
Elmund Egivand
Sebestacny Circle
#31 - 2015-11-04 01:30:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmund Egivand
Diana Kim wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
I forgot to mention that Punishers suck when flown solo.

Get a Tormentor, you bloody idiot.

And here you all can listen to combat advices of a coward, who can't fight and blames others in cowardice while flying away in warp stabbed ship.
Sweet Maker!


So sayeth the one who can't even gank a Probe after scanning one down in a Data Site.

Few tips to help you actually gank me next time:

1. Get something with enough mid slots for sensor boosters and enough sensor resolution to achieve instant-lock.
2. Don't use something that does delayed damage LIKE A CARACAL
3. And since I do, in fact, fit a MSE on that ship, make sure your ship does enough alpha damage to take my Probe out before she can warp out.

Because otherwise, you will NEVER get a free killmail off an exploration frigate looking for loot that is flown by somebody who has lived in lowsec for more than two years and knew many of the tricks employed by pirates, privateers and sociopaths to score an easy kill (especially gatecamps, mission-runner ganks and explorer ganks. Yes, I did all three when I was still in Biohazard).

Alternatively, you can fly a stealth bomber fitted with rockets and cov-ops cloak. That was what eventually destroyed my Probe.

P.s. if you absolutely must fly Punishers, don't orbit. Just fly in straight lines or attempt the Crazy Ivan.

P.s.s. Like seriously. Orbiting will kill your tracking so bad.

P.s.s.s. The conflagration crystal does not help.

P.s.s.s.s. Tormentors can web. The difference is noticeable. Get a Tormentor. Don't torment yourself and just get a Tormentor.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Neph
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#32 - 2015-11-04 02:30:56 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

If he is a coward doesn't that just make Naup look worse? It is sound advice either way and no Elmund isn't a coward as you say .

Honestly, I'd better help Nauplius kill that Egivand. Maybe they are a good match for each other by their mental abilities, but still, Egivand is a formal enemy and Nauplius is a formal ally.


Kim-haani, the State currently considers the Covenant more poorly than the Republic or the Federation. Nauplius is no formal ally, and even were he, it would be a disgrace to even basic human honor to ally with him and his kind.

~ Gariushi YC110 // Midular YC115 // Yanala YC115 ~

"Orte Jaitovalte sitasuyti ne obuetsa useuut ishu. Ketsiak ishiulyn." -Yakiya Tovil-Toba-taisoka

Seraphim Risen
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#33 - 2015-11-05 12:57:53 UTC
*Seraphim appears in a suit and a tophat in a short video clip, with an exagerrated mustache. She speaks in a really bad lower voice, trying to sound full of bravado*
HaHA! Nobody will expect BLOOD GARDENS. AND RED PLANTS. AND MAN eating plants! I am villain supreme! Whatever the good guys have, I must have! But evil! HaHA!

Never not badpost.

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#34 - 2015-11-05 15:52:01 UTC
Seraphim Risen wrote:
*Seraphim appears in a suit and a tophat in a short video clip, with an exagerrated mustache. She speaks in a really bad lower voice, trying to sound full of bravado*
HaHA! Nobody will expect BLOOD GARDENS. AND RED PLANTS. AND MAN eating plants! I am villain supreme! Whatever the good guys have, I must have! But evil! HaHA!

The sad thing is that Nauplius really seems to think God is like this, and that's the kind of universe we live in. It's like his faith crumbled, just went to bits, all the way down to dust, while his belief in and fear of God stayed intact.
Seraphim Risen
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#35 - 2015-11-05 15:59:37 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Seraphim Risen wrote:
*Seraphim appears in a suit and a tophat in a short video clip, with an exagerrated mustache. She speaks in a really bad lower voice, trying to sound full of bravado*
HaHA! Nobody will expect BLOOD GARDENS. AND RED PLANTS. AND MAN eating plants! I am villain supreme! Whatever the good guys have, I must have! But evil! HaHA!

The sad thing is that Nauplius really seems to think God is like this, and that's the kind of universe we live in. It's like his faith crumbled, just went to bits, all the way down to dust, while his belief in and fear of God stayed intact.


Its sad, in a really sad way. I'd pity him if he weren't constantly committing atrocities.

Never not badpost.

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#36 - 2015-11-05 16:04:24 UTC
Seraphim Risen wrote:
Its sad, in a really sad way. I'd pity him if he weren't constantly committing atrocities.

Yeah. Pretty much.
Arrendis
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2015-11-05 17:10:44 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Seraphim Risen wrote:
*Seraphim appears in a suit and a tophat in a short video clip, with an exagerrated mustache. She speaks in a really bad lower voice, trying to sound full of bravado*
HaHA! Nobody will expect BLOOD GARDENS. AND RED PLANTS. AND MAN eating plants! I am villain supreme! Whatever the good guys have, I must have! But evil! HaHA!

The sad thing is that Nauplius really seems to think God is like this, and that's the kind of universe we live in. It's like his faith crumbled, just went to bits, all the way down to dust, while his belief in and fear of God stayed intact.


To be fair, from a human perspective, any coherant conception of an omnipotent, omniscient being with perfect foresight that created this universe... really does have to assume they're sadistic - from our point of view. There may be reasons for setting into motion events knowing it would mean trillions of people suffering for thousands of years, but that's offset by the bastard not actually telling us what they are.

It's easier to not hate God if you don't believe in him.
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#38 - 2015-11-05 17:13:42 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Seraphim Risen wrote:
Its sad, in a really sad way. I'd pity him if he weren't constantly committing atrocities.

Yeah. Pretty much.

I still pity him....

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#39 - 2015-11-05 19:20:56 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Seraphim Risen wrote:
Its sad, in a really sad way. I'd pity him if he weren't constantly committing atrocities.

Yeah. Pretty much.

I still pity him....

... Also yeah. Hence the "pretty much."

(Sometimes I pity him. Other times I want to get creative.)

Arrendis wrote:
To be fair, from a human perspective, any coherant conception of an omnipotent, omniscient being with perfect foresight that created this universe... really does have to assume they're sadistic - from our point of view. There may be reasons for setting into motion events knowing it would mean trillions of people suffering for thousands of years, but that's offset by the bastard not actually telling us what they are.

It's easier to not hate God if you don't believe in him.

Sometimes I agree with this. I know I've said such things before.

But ... the Caldari have a saying that I think might apply:

"The Winds care about us, not about you or me."

We can also take the approach that the universe, whoever made it, isn't built for us. It's not made to be convenient for us. We just happen to live in it, and muddle through as best we can.

Sadism isn't necessary. Neither is indifference, quite (even if it seems kind of likely). But ... prioritizing something, some value, over our comfort or convenience-- that might be.
Neph
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#40 - 2015-11-05 19:40:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Neph
Aria Jenneth wrote:

But ... the Caldari have a saying that I think might apply:

"The Winds care about us, not about you or me."

We can also take the approach that the universe, whoever made it, isn't built for us. It's not made to be convenient for us. We just happen to live in it, and muddle through as best we can.


That's never the way I've heard it. "The Winds care for us, not for you or me." Subtle difference, but I feel it matters.

You're right. Maybe the universe wasn't made for us, and maybe nothing cares. But here we are. Whatever it was before, it is ours now and it is up to us to decide what we do in it. Consider the beautiful legend of the brothers K’vire and Deteaas. It is too long for me to recount it and do it justice--I suggest you read it if you haven't already. The Winds' consideration were not for K'vire. Their consideration was not for Deteaas. It was for K'vire and Deteaas, it was for Raata, it was for Caldari, it was for all people.

Read the legend again and consider the proverb.

~ Gariushi YC110 // Midular YC115 // Yanala YC115 ~

"Orte Jaitovalte sitasuyti ne obuetsa useuut ishu. Ketsiak ishiulyn." -Yakiya Tovil-Toba-taisoka