These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Best ship for Sansha's?

Author
Super Veliz
Seventeenth Battalion
Honorable Third Party
#21 - 2015-10-23 16:18:44 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
I believe this is still viable.

[Ishtar, anom]

Shield Power Relay II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Pithum A-Type EM Ward Amplifier
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Prototype Cloaking Device I
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Remote Armor Repairer II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher, Sisters Core Scanner Probe

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Ogre II x5 = 797dps

or

Gecko x2
Hammerhead II x2 = 829 dps
Hobgoblin II x1

The above dps is with all 5s.

Remote armor repairer?
Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#22 - 2015-10-23 17:03:21 UTC
To repair drones
Super Veliz
Seventeenth Battalion
Honorable Third Party
#23 - 2015-10-23 17:09:39 UTC
Praetor vs gecko??

Is there a tool that will tell me the exact dps of drones but i want real dps not paper dps?? Like praetor do em dmg and the rats here are weak against it...

Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2015-10-23 17:11:09 UTC
Super Veliz wrote:
Praetor vs gecko??

Is there a tool that will tell me the exact dps of drones but i want real dps not paper dps?? Like praetor do em dmg and the rats here are weak against it...

PROS:
Geckos do Omni damage. effective against all types.

CONS:
Expensive
Super Veliz
Seventeenth Battalion
Honorable Third Party
#25 - 2015-10-23 17:43:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Super Veliz
Estella Osoka wrote:
Super Veliz wrote:
Praetor vs gecko??

PROS:
Geckos do Omni damage. effective against all types.

CONS:
Expensive

Expensive is not a problem, so geckos will do more dmg than amarr drones even tough amarr ones are em
Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2015-10-24 01:20:08 UTC
Sheeth Athonille
Rabid Dogz Mining
#27 - 2015-10-24 02:28:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Sheeth Athonille
I'm not so sure about that... I guess it depends on your drone skills though.

2 Imperial Navy Praetor do 215 em dps. 1 gecko does 65.6 em dps, and 196.8 "other" dps. (em damage x damage modifier x number of drones for 50 bandwidth). So straight up geckos do more damage, but most of that isn't being shot into the resist holes. Now it's hard to say if one is truly better than the other without having the resistance profiles of the npc's in particular, but I'm going to wager that the Praetor will do more damage to the sansha rats than the gecko will. Now geckos do have an advantage in that they have better tracking.

Were geckos really shine is if you are going up against omni tanked ships, so pvp, incursions, sleepers, etc. Of course you're more likely to lose them there, so there is that.

Note: I just used the compare tool to find these numbers, not sure if that takes into consideration skills or not? I'm never sure with drones What?
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#28 - 2015-10-24 14:25:16 UTC
Just some thoughts to put out.

Rattle with it's Thermal and Kinetic damage lock on the missiles / torps may not be the best for Sansha since your primary damage output should be EM.

Others have covered the Domi etc, so how about one of the Amarr BS, the Paladin or maybe a laser fit Nightmare.
All of them can be armor tanked which is better for sansha and the lasers with the high EM damage would be good as well.
Super Veliz
Seventeenth Battalion
Honorable Third Party
#29 - 2015-10-24 14:59:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Super Veliz
Donnachadh wrote:
Just some thoughts to put out.

Rattle with it's Thermal and Kinetic damage lock on the missiles / torps may not be the best for Sansha since your primary damage output should be EM.

Others have covered the Domi etc, so how about one of the Amarr BS, the Paladin or maybe a laser fit Nightmare.
All of them can be armor tanked which is better for sansha and the lasers with the high EM damage would be good as well.

So precapitals which is the overall best ship to kill sanshas???
Sheeth Athonille
Rabid Dogz Mining
#30 - 2015-10-25 01:02:14 UTC
No such thing as "the best", but I'd say probably paladin. They do high dps of the type needed, immune to the tracking disruption that sansha do, and able to loot/salvage as you go.

Of course I've also heard the night mare can be beastly vs sansha.

Both are expensive of course, so I'd personally go with the domi as being "the best".
Super Veliz
Seventeenth Battalion
Honorable Third Party
#31 - 2015-10-25 04:54:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Super Veliz
Sheeth Athonille wrote:
No such thing as "the best", but I'd say probably paladin. They do high dps of the type needed, immune to the tracking disruption that sansha do, and able to loot/salvage as you go.

Both are expensive of course, so I'd personally go with the domi as being "the best".

Domi over ishtar?
Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#32 - 2015-10-25 05:07:47 UTC
Super Veliz wrote:
Sheeth Athonille wrote:

Domi over ishtar?

Of course. Domi has double sentry dps than ishtar
Sheeth Athonille
Rabid Dogz Mining
#33 - 2015-10-25 05:25:34 UTC
Eh I'm partial to the domi because I prefer using sentries as opposed to heavies. Since with ishtars a lot of the tank comes from speed tank, sentries don't mesh well.

Domi's also lend themselves better to armor tanking than ishtars (7 lows vs 6 and 3 rigs vs 2), and the t2 resists aren't in EM, so doesn't help much with tanking.

So more or less, I feel that the domi tanks it better (and thus you can safely include more damage/application mods), and it meshes with my pve style better.
Super Veliz
Seventeenth Battalion
Honorable Third Party
#34 - 2015-10-25 14:53:08 UTC
Mr Mac wrote:
Super Veliz wrote:
Sheeth Athonille wrote:

Domi over ishtar?

Of course. Domi has double sentry dps than ishtar

Can you post what kind of fit you use qith ur domi??
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#35 - 2015-10-25 15:26:28 UTC
Super Veliz wrote:

As the others have stated no such thing as "the best".
If you have the ISK then I would say go Paladin or Laser fit Nightmare.
If ISK is a concern or you prefer drones then the Domi or a Navy Domi would be my choice.

How to fit any of them depends on how you prefer to run missions etc. What works for a long range fit would not for a medium or short range fit, what works up close will not work well at longer ranges.
So this comes back to you, what range do you want to work at?
Chuffer
Testicle of Doom
#36 - 2015-10-25 18:09:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Chuffer
Donnachadh wrote:
Super Veliz wrote:

As the others have stated no such thing as "the best".
If you have the ISK then I would say go Paladin or Laser fit Nightmare.
If ISK is a concern or you prefer drones then the Domi or a Navy Domi would be my choice.

How to fit any of them depends on how you prefer to run missions etc. What works for a long range fit would not for a medium or short range fit, what works up close will not work well at longer ranges.
So this comes back to you, what range do you want to work at?

Paladin is best between those two as Sansha like to disrupt tracking. But most ppl where I am use drone boats, Gila or Ishtar usually.
Super Veliz
Seventeenth Battalion
Honorable Third Party
#37 - 2015-10-26 15:17:04 UTC
how about dominix vs dominix navy issue?
Sheeth Athonille
Rabid Dogz Mining
#38 - 2015-10-27 01:12:44 UTC
Super Veliz wrote:
how about dominix vs dominix navy issue?

That's pretty easy. Dominix is for sentries, dominix navy issue is for hybrids with some sentries. If you have good hybrid skills, go navy issue. If you're banking mostly on sentries, go regular issue. Not using hybrids also has the advantage of not needing ammo, so depending on were you are in null, this may be a good thing or neutral.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2015-10-27 05:03:21 UTC
Basically:

If what you shoot at is big slow and in reasonable range the Navy has far more DPS.

If what you shoot at tends to be small. fast or a long way away the normal Domi has far better damage application.
Onotole Vassermanov
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2015-10-27 07:53:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Onotole Vassermanov
Ishtar
http://kb.su-eve.ru/kill/2051652/ window was hanging up due undock, i did not mark it, as were chatting in other :-)
Old version of fit, but instead of 1 med NEW Ishtar got 1 low. Use it for "tank" or "tracking" for drones.
Lock 100km, dps around 600-650. Tank is enough if you choose resist up to NPC damage.

For ratting more and more ppl choosed Barghest. High DPS with very high applying speed.

Rattlesnake will claim you both drones and missiles.

As you do only Sansha - look into Nightmare. Over 1000 DPS, nice tanking and cute look.

I preferred carriers. instant centry DPS from 2 carriers and 1 domi, when i was ratting in Angel regions for 2 years ago... Forsaken hub by 2 carriers and 1 domi was done by 4 minutes, something like this. That time no "mobile tractor" was implemented and new players were salvaging and looting after me.
Previous page123Next page