These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Like and Get Likes Thread, Renewed

First post First post
Author
Taishoku Mayaki
Feeling Cute Today
#11201 - 2017-01-14 08:57:42 UTC
Ohhh wormhole to Thera opened up nearby.

"Right-O, lets get undocked and see what falls off the ship"

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11202 - 2017-01-14 09:00:50 UTC
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11203 - 2017-01-14 09:10:36 UTC
Yiole Gionglao
#11204 - 2017-01-14 11:19:34 UTC
Good morning lovelies!

Admit it: you always wanted to know what would happen if Chuck Norris battled 4,000 Romans (and some unexpected guests).

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#11205 - 2017-01-14 17:34:14 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Nintendo Presentation.

What do you think about Switch? I still think Gameboy was the best, together with Pokemon game.

I grew up with Nintendo in my household and I feel so betrayed; maybe even burnt. I've got a lot invested in my Wii U and it didn't have a very long shelf life. To put it into perspective, it took until Christmas 2015 or so for Wii U to finally outsell a former system known as the Sega Dreamcast.

I love playing my 3DS, I have the latest one and I agree their handhelds are so much better than being a couch potato.. but in this day and age you see kids everywhere on their smartphones or tablets and I'm amazed there isn't a bigger push from the bigger game companies especially Nintendo that they haven't started putting Mario on the phone instead of another new system.

As far as the Switch goes, Eve Online has ruled my video game hobby basically since i entered New Eden as Lulu Lunette so I probably will have to be smart and pass on it. Will the Switch also end their 3DS line? Since it serves as a mobile device and a home console?

Pokemon Red was truly amazing. I was a little too old to be playing it and got teased on the school bus Cry but so worth it.

@lunettelulu7

Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#11206 - 2017-01-14 17:53:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Ria Nieyli
Had a Nintendo as a kid. Pokemon was never a big thing here, though.

I pretty much stopped doing consoles in 1998 or so. Arcade was cool for a while longer.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11207 - 2017-01-14 18:00:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Nintendo Presentation.

What do you think about Switch? I still think Gameboy was the best, together with Pokemon game.

I grew up with Nintendo in my household and I feel so betrayed; maybe even burnt. I've got a lot invested in my Wii U and it didn't have a very long shelf life. To put it into perspective, it took until Christmas 2015 or so for Wii U to finally outsell a former system known as the Sega Dreamcast.

I love playing my 3DS, I have the latest one and I agree their handhelds are so much better than being a couch potato.. but in this day and age you see kids everywhere on their smartphones or tablets and I'm amazed there isn't a bigger push from the bigger game companies especially Nintendo that they haven't started putting Mario on the phone instead of another new system.

As far as the Switch goes, Eve Online has ruled my video game hobby basically since i entered New Eden as Lulu Lunette so I probably will have to be smart and pass on it. Will the Switch also end their 3DS line? Since it serves as a mobile device and a home console?

Pokemon Red was truly amazing. I was a little too old to be playing it and got teased on the school bus Cry but so worth it.

But Mario is now on phones.Big smile

I too dont really play other games since I started playing EVE. I have unfinished games on steam, and they were played for few hours or maybe tens of hours. LOTRO was maybe the game I played the most beside EVE in recent years.

I have been past my child years too when I played Pokemon. Actually I have been past my 20's. It is a fine RPG/collectible game, with evolving of the monsters and finding and catching them. Fight and catch system is very fun and I spend a lot of time finding all those Pokemons. It truly can be played by all ages.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#11208 - 2017-01-14 18:08:51 UTC
Pokemon is truly a fantastic title for sure. The last one I played was Pokemon Y. My most favorite 3DS titles are anything with Fire Emblem now Smile

@lunettelulu7

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11209 - 2017-01-14 18:19:04 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Pokemon is truly a fantastic title for sure. The last one I played was Pokemon Y. My most favorite 3DS titles are anything with Fire Emblem now Smile

What about Chrono Trigger, ever played it? Or Front Mission? They were on SNES.

Actually they are available to see and play here.Big smile
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#11210 - 2017-01-14 18:28:44 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Lulu Lunette wrote:

Never did play Chrono trigger! Most memorable SNES games for me were the Mario ones, and Mario RPG.

@lunettelulu7

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11211 - 2017-01-14 18:55:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Lulu Lunette wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Lulu Lunette wrote:

Never did play Chrono trigger! Most memorable SNES games for me were the Mario ones, and Mario RPG.

Awww. For each person I ask, no one played those I asked about. Pirate

They were very good RPG's.
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#11212 - 2017-01-14 20:12:47 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
LordOdysseus wrote:
I remember this.

and this too.

It was like yesterday when ICQ came out. Ahhhhhh! Good old days....

*lights his pipe and lounges on his reclining chair in his CQ*

BTW lack of emotes in game chat is something I could not understand, ever.

At least we have ASCII art.WoW doesn't have those. Blink

LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#11213 - 2017-01-14 20:14:55 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Taishoku Mayaki wrote:
Found out there was a spy in corp.

Found out who it was swiftly.

Terminated them.

So glad you gave them the boot. Do not like spies.

There is a spy on your lawn.
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#11214 - 2017-01-14 20:31:55 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Nintendo Presentation.

If they bring the right games to the console,it could work. I agree with you on Gameboy and Pokemon.

I don't know the development cost of Gameboy but Pokemon Red/Blue cost 76 million dollars to develop according to Wikipedia.That is twice the amount of WoW's.
Yiole Gionglao
#11215 - 2017-01-14 23:13:46 UTC
Indahmawar just updated her outfit and her portrait. Will need to pass the next day test but meanwhile I've shared the FBA to keep that thread alive.

And now I'm going to bed, so it's itme to say: nighties lovelies!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Pix Severus
Empty You
#11216 - 2017-01-15 04:09:09 UTC
If you ever used to play Heroquest (or similar board games) back in the day, check this out.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#11217 - 2017-01-15 04:44:04 UTC
There's a weird issue with the wifi here. Works on my phone but not on the data collector. Grrr.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11218 - 2017-01-15 07:57:59 UTC
Timezone o/
Pix Severus wrote:
If you ever used to play Heroquest (or similar board games) back in the day, check this out.

Hmmmm that gives me some ideas about the EVE board game I was making (and completely abandoned further work on it).

Ria Nieyli wrote:
There's a weird issue with the wifi here. Works on my phone but not on the data collector. Grrr.

Maybe it is broken? Or it needs some kind of special treatment? Like when you blow on cartridge pins?
Matar Ronin
#11219 - 2017-01-15 10:02:46 UTC
Time to call it a done day for me. Good profits to all LAGLeers! Good night.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Ria Nieyli
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#11220 - 2017-01-15 15:10:33 UTC
Winter roads offer some nice views up here.