These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Exploring The Character Bazaar & Skill Trading

First post First post First post
Author
pajedas
Doomheim
#6461 - 2016-02-07 14:12:44 UTC

What's next??? Rebates???

πŸ‡

Mintoko
Taedium In Perpetuam
#6462 - 2016-02-07 17:00:13 UTC
BearStrikesBack wrote:
Can someone (preferably who tested it on test server) clarify one thing: Assume I have 79KK trained SP. I consume 3 injectors, which gives me about 1kk free SP (300k per item). I don't allocate free SP, still having 79kk SP trained and about 1kk free.

So, the question is very simple - how much would I get from the 4th injector? 300 (as I have 79kk SP trained) or 150 (as I have 79+1 total SP)?


Please don't cross-post.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6323579#post6323579
B0RG 0VERLORD
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6463 - 2016-02-07 20:28:52 UTC  |  Edited by: B0RG 0VERLORD
BearStrikesBack wrote:
Yeah, thank you. Tested already by myself.

Well played CCP, so much hypocrisy, so much words about new content and that SP is not coming from nowhere (and other blah-blah-blah) with a single idea - to get more money.

Hello 2010 again? Oculars for 15$ as new (desired by players) content? Are we gonna see some inside job done again?

P.S. Year 2016. You still can't change your ingame name in Eve Online. You can transfer character, but not change the name.


Dear Jesus give then another reason to extort monies out of your pocket why dont you

Does CCP mean crap coding people

Yaosus
Draconis Impalers
#6464 - 2016-02-08 10:33:05 UTC
B0RG 0VERLORD wrote:


Dear Jesus give then another reason to extort monies out of your pocket why dont you



You do not have to buy the injectors. Try to start playing Eve now and compare your toon to someone else's toon from 2004.
pajedas
Doomheim
#6465 - 2016-02-09 16:01:43 UTC

Has anyone figured out if the skill book can be destroyed? That would make CCP more money. I for one would not want a skill left at zero without the option to remove the skill altogether.

πŸ‡

Don ZOLA
Omniscient Order
#6466 - 2016-02-09 16:34:53 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
more bs.


agian bs, twisting out words, wots of empty meaning, lack of basic understanding of market and economy. And as a conclusion lie again as you have never provided any counter argument for the side effects i have mentioned. Of course i am not surprised. CBA to reply to it since its pointless, you do not want to understand (or you are not capable, whatever).

In the end [sarcasm] smart [ /sarcasm] guys will implement it and we will see in future what will this bring us. I predict less players and much higher plex cost.

There are 2 rules in a successful life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6467 - 2016-02-09 19:57:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Don ZOLA wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
more bs.


agian bs, twisting out words, wots of empty meaning, lack of basic understanding of market and economy. And as a conclusion lie again as you have never provided any counter argument for the side effects i have mentioned. Of course i am not surprised. CBA to reply to it since its pointless, you do not want to understand (or you are not capable, whatever).

In the end [sarcasm] smart [ /sarcasm] guys will implement it and we will see in future what will this bring us. I predict less players and much higher plex cost.
For a guy who in one location claims he doesn't want to talk about it anymore you sure like to throw a bunch of words at it while not even trying to argue anything anymore. There's some irony in coming into both threads even after the fact just to make sure your last whinge on the subject is heard while claiming you "won't enter discussion on the matter."

But it's entirely what I've come to expect of you so carry on I suppose.
pajedas
Doomheim
#6468 - 2016-02-09 19:59:39 UTC
pajedas wrote:

Has anyone figured out if the skill book can be destroyed? That would make CCP more money. I for one would not want a skill left at zero without the option to remove the skill altogether.

↑

πŸ‡

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#6469 - 2016-02-10 01:52:20 UTC
pajedas wrote:
pajedas wrote:

Has anyone figured out if the skill book can be destroyed? That would make CCP more money. I for one would not want a skill left at zero without the option to remove the skill altogether.

↑

Yeah, it was figured out.

No.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#6470 - 2016-02-10 01:53:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Don ZOLA wrote:

In the end [sarcasm] smart [ /sarcasm] guys will implement it

There's some irony in coming into both threads even after the fact just to make sure your last whinge on the subject is heard

The last whinge is critical, so they can come back and dwell on it years from now.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

NVision08
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6471 - 2016-02-10 07:06:26 UTC  |  Edited by: NVision08
it's a lose lose. New players believing the skills will win out with injectors..fail. Veteran players disenfranchised who banked on game mechanics for the long haul..fail. You will lose new players-yet keep the current scheme of long lasting Corp players...and that is a fail to Eve's evolving chances. Truly.
Don ZOLA
Omniscient Order
#6472 - 2016-02-10 10:01:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Don ZOLA
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Don ZOLA wrote:
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
more bs.


agian bs, twisting out words, wots of empty meaning, lack of basic understanding of market and economy. And as a conclusion lie again as you have never provided any counter argument for the side effects i have mentioned. Of course i am not surprised. CBA to reply to it since its pointless, you do not want to understand (or you are not capable, whatever).

In the end [sarcasm] smart [ /sarcasm] guys will implement it and we will see in future what will this bring us. I predict less players and much higher plex cost.
For a guy who in one location claims he doesn't want to talk about it anymore you sure like to throw a bunch of words at it while not even trying to argue anything anymore. There's some irony in coming into both threads even after the fact just to make sure your last whinge on the subject is heard while claiming you "won't enter discussion on the matter."

But it's entirely what I've come to expect of you so carry on I suppose.


I can state my opinion without having to waste time on pointless discussion with people who do not want or are unable to comprehend. Please go ahead and have a last say as it will be a "victory" for you, you can claim it with your bs, see if i care. Anyone who had read this topic can quite easily see that your shallow wots are combination of twisting out words, digression, lack of understanding of market, economy laws, ignorance at best. After that feel free to stop quoting me since I do not want to waste my time on trolls at the moment.

There are 2 rules in a successful life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know

lmmortalist
lmmortality Associates
#6473 - 2016-02-10 18:36:20 UTC
Just popping back in to state that the whole idea of skill trading still sucks.
Yonis Kador
KADORCORP
#6474 - 2016-02-10 19:46:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Yonis Kador
Watching all those 8 million sp toons become 80 million sp toons instantly yesterday was one of the most depressing things I've ever witnessed in game. Jita was like a feeding frenzy of folks skipping decades of training.

I flew out there, applied a few injectors (I've always planned to try it at least) but was unprepared for how dirty I'd feel afterward.

For the first time in my EVE career, I felt like I cheated to get something.

I realized in that moment that the EVE I romanticize about is dead. SP trading made me a dinosaur.

So I took down my POS's, parked my toons & unsubbed. My account doesn't expire until April but I'm pretty sure this is it for me in game. Maybe something will happen in the interim and I'll feel differently, but atm that's difficult to imagine.

My post-release feedback is that SP trading is the most offensive change made to EVE Online since I've been here. As far as I'm concerned, EVE died yesterday. CCP deliberately assassinated her. Imo, whatever new game you're playing now is not EVE. SP trading is not EVE. Instant gratification is not EVE. Erasing your mistakes is not EVE. This "feature" upends everything I believe EVE is and makes it meaningless. It makes the sacrifice of time and effort that (for me at least has been really ******* difficult over the years) an afterthought.

CCP Seagull said that the goal here was "making the game easier to get into, without the experience becoming something else."

Boy was that a failure. The experience of time is now nonexistent. The struggle to persevere is nonexistent. But I'm sure people will pay for the privilege nonetheless. It just feels very much like this was a solution to a problem invented by someone who hasn't lived the EVE experience.

Now that CCP has acknowledged that it will cater to <2 year old players in an attempt to retain them at all costs - even EVE's core principles - I cannot wait to see where this road leads. The gimme gimme gremlins always want more gimme.

And you just fed them past midnight.

YK
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6475 - 2016-02-10 21:16:16 UTC
Don ZOLA wrote:
I can state my opinion without having to waste time on pointless discussion with people who do not want or are unable to comprehend. Please go ahead and have a last say as it will be a "victory" for you, you can claim it with your bs, see if i care. Anyone who had read this topic can quite easily see that your shallow wots are combination of twisting out words, digression, lack of understanding of market, economy laws, ignorance at best. After that feel free to stop quoting me since I do not want to waste my time on trolls at the moment.
The victory isn't mine to have. That aside, no, in a forum you really don't get to demand other posters can't respond and point out that once again you're raging without justification on subjects which largely consisted of you inserting your opinions about character ownership as facts, using backwards and nonsensical logic and further continue to ignore the acceptance of the new mechanic over a flawed principle.
pajedas
Doomheim
#6476 - 2016-02-10 22:58:03 UTC
Yonis Kador wrote:
For the first time in my EVE career, I felt like I cheated to get something.

I realized in that moment that the EVE I romanticize about is dead. SP trading made me a dinosaur.

I'm not saying that you're wrong overall, but you're not old enough to be a bitter vet.

They can make this thing work, just needs some tweaking.

πŸ‡

Yonis Kador
KADORCORP
#6477 - 2016-02-11 00:50:47 UTC
pajedas wrote:
Yonis Kador wrote:
For the first time in my EVE career, I felt like I cheated to get something.

I realized in that moment that the EVE I romanticize about is dead. SP trading made me a dinosaur.

I'm not saying that you're wrong overall, but you're not old enough to be a bitter vet.

They can make this thing work, just needs some tweaking.


No. They can change the nature of the universe. They have. But it's a new EVE. It's too late anyway. The paradigm shift has occurred. This is just post-disaster chit chat. If devs didn't care about feedback before release, it's unlikely they care now.

But for the record, I'm both bitter and vet. This is not my first toon.

I discovered EVE Online in 2008 after enduring 6 hurricanes in 6 years (Isadore/Lili 2002, Katrina/Rita 2005, and Gustav/Ike 2008) and losing everything I owned 3 times in that short span. After the last flood, I was ready to give up. There was a pervasive sense that nothing mattered anymore and it was pointless to try.

But then I found EVE and it sort of became my escape from the chaos of real life. I've always been drawn to escapist Sci-Fi but this was unlike any game I had ever played. The backstory was rich, the challenges real and everything I earned seemed to come from actual effort. So I started playing EVE on a friend's account at night while I rebuilt my home during the day. To some extent, EVE saved me.

So maybe I can't reconcile the challenges I had to get where I am in game with this new cash for progress model. All the time and effort it took... just feels meaningless now. I was proud of my accomplishments. They meant something. The struggle now is to get more isk so you can buy your way up the chain. Maybe I'll be on board with this eventually but man, it still stings for now.
Lara Divinity
Pidgeon Cartel
#6478 - 2016-02-11 01:48:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Lara Divinity
wtf ccp 4 day old noobs can now inject up to idk how much sp so they can fly jumpfreighters n the likes of it
kill
whats next more pay to win crap
4 day old carrier pilots wtf good goin
are yall so desperate for money that ur screwin up the entire game over it ?
this skill injector thing is a bad idea the way it is now next up ill be fightin a 1 day old t3 strategic cruiser pilot or somthing it does not make any sense
EVE= dieng n yall just make it die faster whoever tought of this should rethink it completly
pajedas
Doomheim
#6479 - 2016-02-11 02:33:01 UTC
Yonis Kador wrote:
But for the record, I'm both bitter and vet. This is not my first toon.

I discovered EVE Online in 2008 after enduring 6 hurricanes in 6 years (Isadore/Lili 2002, Katrina/Rita 2005, and Gustav/Ike 2008) and losing everything I owned 3 times in that short span. After the last flood, I was ready to give up. There was a pervasive sense that nothing mattered anymore and it was pointless to try.

But then I found EVE and it sort of became my escape from the chaos of real life. I've always been drawn to escapist Sci-Fi but this was unlike any game I had ever played. The backstory was rich, the challenges real and everything I earned seemed to come from actual effort. So I started playing EVE on a friend's account at night while I rebuilt my home during the day. To some extent, EVE saved me.

So maybe I can't reconcile the challenges I had to get where I am in game with this new cash for progress model. All the time and effort it took... just feels meaningless now. I was proud of my accomplishments. They meant something. The struggle now is to get more isk so you can buy your way up the chain. Maybe I'll be on board with this eventually but man, it still stings for now.

My apologies.

As you have survived those hurricanes I believe that you'll work through this bad patch in Eve as well.

No one can take away your accomplishments.

πŸ‡

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#6480 - 2016-02-11 14:57:39 UTC
pajedas wrote:
Yonis Kador wrote:
But for the record, I'm both bitter and vet. This is not my first toon.

I discovered EVE Online in 2008 after enduring 6 hurricanes in 6 years (Isadore/Lili 2002, Katrina/Rita 2005, and Gustav/Ike 2008) and losing everything I owned 3 times in that short span. After the last flood, I was ready to give up. There was a pervasive sense that nothing mattered anymore and it was pointless to try.

But then I found EVE and it sort of became my escape from the chaos of real life. I've always been drawn to escapist Sci-Fi but this was unlike any game I had ever played. The backstory was rich, the challenges real and everything I earned seemed to come from actual effort. So I started playing EVE on a friend's account at night while I rebuilt my home during the day. To some extent, EVE saved me.

So maybe I can't reconcile the challenges I had to get where I am in game with this new cash for progress model. All the time and effort it took... just feels meaningless now. I was proud of my accomplishments. They meant something. The struggle now is to get more isk so you can buy your way up the chain. Maybe I'll be on board with this eventually but man, it still stings for now.

My apologies.

As you have survived those hurricanes I believe that you'll work through this bad patch in Eve as well.

No one can take away your accomplishments.


Apparently the only way I'm finding to cope with this change is to no longer care about SP. I am who I am, have been playing this game since 2008. I don't care what others may fly with assistance of their credit card. I can get over being a fool and feel worried each time my queue emptied accidentally. I can get over missing the SP my main misses over being unsubbed for months and using +4 implants.

Nothing CCP can do can change my EVE, even if they kill the game. And anyway CCP will burn in hell over Incarna, so this change makes no difference... vΒΊv