These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Fozzie Sov Review

Author
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-10-12 02:23:32 UTC
sounds like you need better intel.

With proper information you should know if your entire battlegroup is needed or not.

I'd suggest hiring people in the alliances you're worried about to provide you information, or planting some of your own yourself.

Good luck
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2015-10-12 02:31:27 UTC
http://evenews24.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/newsovflow2.jpg

https://i.imgflip.com/o722l.jpg

http://tiredretribution.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/SOV3.gif

http://i.imgur.com/JecF9ZQ.jpg

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2015-10-12 02:33:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiddle Jr
Sexy Cakes wrote:
The steps to fozzie sov are as follows:

1) Put entosis link (aka jesus laser/sov wand) on a ship

2) Fly to station/ihub/tcu and activate sov wand

3) Nodes spawn randomly throughout the constellation for the structure you reinforced after 24 hours

4) Turn on your sov wand on 20 different nodes and watch a green spinny thing count down from 1 hour - 20 mins depending on things

5) After you have green spinny thinged 20 nodes you win the structure

Review: It pretty much sucks.

6) Muppets Show ftw

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Miodrag Anovic
TIePerPeB
Legion of xXDEATHXx
#24 - 2015-10-12 02:46:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Miodrag Anovic
Divine Entervention wrote:
sounds like you need better intel.

With proper information you should know if your entire battlegroup is needed or not.

I'd suggest hiring people in the alliances you're worried about to provide you information, or planting some of your own yourself.

Good luck

We are not in war with 10 drunk sailors...what intel can save me? If my enemy see i came with less then full fleet they will undock and crush my fleet.So if i come with anything less than 250 pilots i will get no claim but only wrecks of our ships.It already happened 2x.So there is no variant i can come with 30 pilots fleet...entire battle groups is always needed +dosens dreads and few titans as backup Lol...And that will change much ,not 250 will get borred for 1-3h but only 30...New sov is boring even for 30...or 5 or 1...its a fact.....so lets make the game more fun and not more boring for unknown reason Ugh
Nafensoriel
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-10-12 03:31:59 UTC
Functionally there is extremely little difference between POS SOV and aegissov.

You have multiple "health bars" that you have to burn before the system flips.
It doesn't matter that that health bar is a timer instead of an HP pool nor does it matter that weapon used is fixed "dps" the mechanic is identical. Capture multiple targets /win.

This is not a knock against it.. it works for the most part. It is, however, a reason behind why many bittervets subconsciously hate it. It's something we've seen before.. and its even more boring than previously due to the lack of KMs and "things happening".

I understand the devs spent a great deal of time working on this project and honestly I thank them for the effort.. However its obvious that a considerable amount of concessions were made. It would have been better, in this case, to scrap the whole darn thing and come up with an entirely new system.. even if it failed utterly it would have been "new" and thus interesting.

TLDR:
Aegissov is POS without having to capture 50 fking moons. It works.. but there are better alternatives.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#26 - 2015-10-12 05:30:41 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Because siege fleet was soooooo much fun.

"Cycle your launchers"

"Cycle your launchers"

So "Cycle your launchers" vs "do NOTHING...or be sure to be listening on comms while you are tabbed out playing Warships".

I'll take "Cycle your launchers" over that anyday.

Cycle your launchers for 100+ people or cycles node for 10.

I'm sure cycling your guns every minute or so didn't stop you from warships.
Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#27 - 2015-10-12 05:39:21 UTC
Nafensoriel wrote:
Functionally there is extremely little difference between POS SOV and aegissov.

Tell that to my now functionally useless (or at least greatly compromised) capital ships.

Aegis sov is more akin to competitive PvE, where you need to (hey, hi Karmafleet member!) stuff as many bodies in every system you own to keep indexes high. People ratting and mining are more important than the number of capitals and batphones you can get over a pos fight - and that is pretty much why many are not in the AegisSov fanclub. Think of how dumb it sounds that the best way to defend your sov is to mine out belts and throw away the ore, whereas structure bashes at least were the pretext of some pretty nice fights.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#28 - 2015-10-12 05:47:56 UTC
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Because siege fleet was soooooo much fun.

"Cycle your launchers"

"Cycle your launchers"

Sure, if you chose to wage sovereign war in frigates.

Cutting grass with a pair of scissors isn't fun either.

Oh that's right there were oracle fleets too.
ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#29 - 2015-10-12 09:09:58 UTC
Have a look at Sov. Seems to be working as intended.. of course it needs tweaks but it's doing what should of been done years ago making alliances only keep what the can defend and willing to look after.
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-10-12 09:46:22 UTC
ImYourMom wrote:
Have a look at Sov. Seems to be working as intended.. of course it needs tweaks but it's doing what should of been done years ago making alliances only keep what the can defend and willing to look after.

Ofc it is working as intended csuse you have no other ways to deal with it.

ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#31 - 2015-10-12 09:54:27 UTC
Double.post
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#32 - 2015-10-12 10:04:41 UTC
You know, fozzysov wouldn't be needed if your alliance leaders weren't so risk averse and blueing everything within 20 jumps. Fozzysov is CCP trying to force nullsec to get off their buts and do something. Unfortunately too many consessions had to be made because nullsec whining about this and that is stronger than CCPs resolve to stick with it.

You have no one to blame but yourselves.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2015-10-12 10:17:56 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
You know, fozzysov wouldn't be needed if your alliance leaders weren't so risk averse and blueing everything within 20 jumps. Fozzysov is CCP trying to force nullsec to get off their buts and do something. Unfortunately too many consessions had to be made because nullsec whining about this and that is stronger than CCPs resolve to stick with it.

You have no one to blame but yourselves.

This "blue doughnut" was only the result of huge rental programm and pretty much is.

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#34 - 2015-10-12 11:41:37 UTC
Also the Activity Defense Multiplier is pretty much worthless. 'Strategic' (lol) mining/ratting for days on end in each and every system results in an extra 40 minutes for attackers hacking nodes? The formula for this must have been thought up by the same crackpot that calculated the formula for jump fatigue.

Not today spaghetti.

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#35 - 2015-10-13 09:14:53 UTC
It seriously sounds like some minigame from WOW and not something from a sandbox game
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#36 - 2015-10-14 00:55:24 UTC
Wow, even when you win.......YOU STILL WHINE !

Fozziesov is toothless, congrats on gutting fozziesov now at least have the grace to accept your victory without more of this cry-baby garbage.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#37 - 2015-10-14 10:50:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:

Fozziesov is toothless, congrats on gutting fozziesov now at least have the grace to accept your victory without more of this cry-baby garbage.

In the end is there really a difference between nullsec carebears and hisec carebears? They whine about the same things and get CCP to nerf them and then whine some more.

The parallels are actually quite striking come to think of it! It's just different people.

Hmmm, or is it?

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#38 - 2015-10-14 12:10:03 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:

THE SH!TS BORING YO!

Not today spaghetti.

ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
#39 - 2015-10-14 12:23:14 UTC
Its boring as ****.

Fozzie sov have made me miss pos sov. As least back then caps were used on a regular basis rather then crappy shoot the lone inty thing that is now.

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#40 - 2015-10-14 13:31:44 UTC
But guys, I though Jenn said you weren't bored.

Would... would Jenn lie to me?

Cry

Previous page123Next page