These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hyperdunking nerf on sisi, to the battlements!

First post First post
Author
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#41 - 2015-10-09 13:11:14 UTC
Chelsea Dagger X wrote:

You make the assumption that I am some sort of carebear.

The only reason people PVP in hisec is because they want to shoot things that dont shoot back.



And here I thought it was because of bubbles, ceptors, bombers, and supercaps.

Hisec is the hardest area to conduct combat in, due to the restrictions. Low and null are easy mode in comparison.

Any moron like you can be an F1 monkey. Getting a blinged out mission bear in a Golem to aggress your assault frigate actually takes skill.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Chelsea Dagger X
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2015-10-09 13:16:11 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Chelsea Dagger X wrote:

You make the assumption that I am some sort of carebear.

The only reason people PVP in hisec is because they want to shoot things that dont shoot back.



And here I thought it was because of bubbles, ceptors, bombers, and supercaps.

Hisec is the hardest area to conduct combat in, due to the restrictions. Low and null are easy mode in comparison.

Any moron like you can be an F1 monkey. Getting a blinged out mission bear in a Golem to aggress your assault frigate actually takes skill.



More assumptions.

It doesnt take skill. It takes your target to have a lack of game mechanics knowledge, and/or a lack of intelligence.

So you've name called twice now. This, combined with your statement about hisec being the hardest area to conduct combat in, forces me to assume that you are actually trolling. Nobody believes that.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2015-10-09 13:16:27 UTC
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Chelsea Dagger X wrote:

You make the assumption that I am some sort of carebear.

The only reason people PVP in hisec is because they want to shoot things that dont shoot back.



And here I thought it was because of bubbles, ceptors, bombers, and supercaps.

Hisec is the hardest area to conduct combat in, due to the restrictions. Low and null are easy mode in comparison.

Any moron like you can be an F1 monkey. Getting a blinged out mission bear in a Golem to aggress your assault frigate actually takes skill.



wouldnt say nullsec and lowsec is easymode, and how does getting a golem to agress your frigate take skill? anyone with half a brain knows thats bait the only skill is finding the idiot in a golem who is going to agress

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2015-10-09 13:20:51 UTC
412nv Yaken wrote:
MMORPG...... what does it stand for? Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Yet solo freighter pilots can cry enough on the forums, reddit, petitions and get a play style banned. If they had 1 friend who brought reps, hyper dunking would not work.

LOGIC

Doesn't even need to be a friend nor even another account. Just log your freighter pilot, log a spare character with a day's training into logi and have him rep the freighter.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Chelsea Dagger X
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2015-10-09 13:23:55 UTC
Hiasa Kite wrote:
412nv Yaken wrote:
MMORPG...... what does it stand for? Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Yet solo freighter pilots can cry enough on the forums, reddit, petitions and get a play style banned. If they had 1 friend who brought reps, hyper dunking would not work.

LOGIC

Doesn't even need to be a friend nor even another account. Just log your freighter pilot, log a spare character with a day's training into logi and have him rep the freighter.


Hyperdunking is a solo activity. So your argument is invalid.
admiral root
Red Galaxy
#46 - 2015-10-09 13:24:27 UTC
Chelsea Dagger X wrote:
The only reason people PVP in hisec is because they want to shoot things that dont shoot back.


You mean like this? Roll

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2015-10-09 13:27:23 UTC
Chelsea Dagger X wrote:
Hiasa Kite wrote:
412nv Yaken wrote:
MMORPG...... what does it stand for? Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Yet solo freighter pilots can cry enough on the forums, reddit, petitions and get a play style banned. If they had 1 friend who brought reps, hyper dunking would not work.

LOGIC

Doesn't even need to be a friend nor even another account. Just log your freighter pilot, log a spare character with a day's training into logi and have him rep the freighter.


Hyperdunking is a solo activity. So your argument is invalid.

Tell me more about how one player on one account can fly a gank ship, bump ship and bowhead at once.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Chelsea Dagger X
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2015-10-09 13:29:09 UTC
Hiasa Kite wrote:
Chelsea Dagger X wrote:
Hiasa Kite wrote:
412nv Yaken wrote:
MMORPG...... what does it stand for? Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Yet solo freighter pilots can cry enough on the forums, reddit, petitions and get a play style banned. If they had 1 friend who brought reps, hyper dunking would not work.

LOGIC

Doesn't even need to be a friend nor even another account. Just log your freighter pilot, log a spare character with a day's training into logi and have him rep the freighter.


Hyperdunking is a solo activity. So your argument is invalid.

Tell me more about how one player on one account can fly a gank ship, bump ship and bowhead at once.


With 3 accounts and 3 monitors
Akasha Jam
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2015-10-09 13:29:38 UTC
Quote:
Please if it's not hisec, tell me where I can find elite pvp.


Novice plexes, t1/faction frigs (not Garmurs) and without links. In cruisers and above you can make a mistake against a skilled player and still have a chance to fix it. Any little mistake in a 45-60 second frigate fight can throw the fight one way or another and be the single reason you lose.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#50 - 2015-10-09 13:58:50 UTC
T1 frigate fights = Elite PVP
Toxic Yaken
Deaths Consortium
Pandemic Horde
#51 - 2015-10-09 14:12:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Toxic Yaken
I'm not going to defend hyper dunking as some great form of pvp, it's not. It's just an advanced form of ganking that was easily done with two people, one if the freighter pilot decided to log out during the dunk and stay logged. It was a great way to make tons of isk if you were patient and lucky. It is extremely easy to disrupt, unlike traditional ganking in which a large fleet drops a freighter and is largely unstoppable. You look at thrasher ganking, or vexor ganking, where someone will just blow away a feeble target before they can even respond, it's content, but not one the other player can really react and engage with the other player. At least with hyper dunking really cool things could actually happen.

I'll provide one example:

Two friends and I find a freighter leaving Jita with multiple plastic wraps, and pursue his freighter several jumps and bump him off a a gate. Before we get him off grid, some of his friends show up in frigates and start repping him to show us there's little hope of us bomber dunking. We keep him bumped while contacting friends to put together a fleet to help kill this guy. Shortly after we see a local spike and 20 catalysts land on grid. We got all excited and then they started shooting my bump Mach. They weren't ours. The freighter pilot had gotten a whole FW corp to come and gank us! They did a second pass and we messed up our bump sending the guy into warp. My friend managed to get to the station before the freighter and hero bump the freighter off the docking ring... And then he safe logged because in all the madness we forgot to lock him. The FW guys rejoiced in local and we congratulated them somewhat saltily before returning to Jita.

Sure, most dunks don't go like that, most unsuccessful dunks that I experienced were from anti-gankers that showed up in an osprey and cost us a few hundred mil in bombers or the wreck would get popped. Or I let them get away with bad bumps... >.>

I'll miss it, and regret not doing it more. I'm sure this will just lead to more gank fleets in the major pipes, which is good though

Edit: ps Rham, I'll miss cursing your name when you appear on my overview buddy

Curator of the Wardec Project - Join our Discord to join the discussions about Wardecs

Faylee Freir
Slavers Union
BLACKFLAG.
#52 - 2015-10-09 14:13:01 UTC
Hyper dunking is a group activity. Although I can do it all by myself even on a freighter that is still logged in, I enjoy doing it with 2-3 friends. Yeah you split the loot, but when you're dunking whales what does it matter?

Flying a capital class ship shouldn't been seen as a solo activity that can be done with ease and without potential serious issues. Sure not everyone has or can afford multiple accounts, but that doesn't mean the activity of hauling billions in an anti-tanked ship should be made fair for those who are poors and without proper support. Hyperdunking is so easy to prevent and stop, so I don't see what the fuss is all about. That 40b FCON Jump Freighter I killed while the pilot was online was at such a disadvantage huh?
Akasha Jam
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2015-10-09 14:17:18 UTC
Toxic Yaken wrote:
I'm not going to defend hyper dunking as some great form of pvp, it's not. It's just an advanced form of ganking that was easily done with two people, one if the freighter pilot decided to log out during the dunk and stay logged. It was a great way to make tons of isk if you were patient and lucky. It is extremely easy to disrupt, unlike traditional ganking in which a large fleet drops a freighter and is largely unstoppable. You look at thrasher ganking, or vexor ganking, where someone will just blow away a feeble target before they can even respond, it's content, but not one the other player can really react and engage with the other player. At least with hyper dunking really cool things could actually happen.

I'll provide one example:

Two friends and I find a freighter leaving Jita with multiple plastic wraps, and pursue his freighter several jumps and bump him off a a gate. Before we get him off grid, some of his friends show up in frigates and start repping him to show us there's little hope of us bomber dunking. We keep him bumped while contacting friends to put together a fleet to help kill this guy. Shortly after we see a local spike and 20 catalysts land on grid. We got all excited and then they started shooting my bump Mach. They weren't ours. The freighter pilot had gotten a whole FW corp to come and gank us! They did a second pass and we messed up our bump sending the guy into warp. My friend managed to get to the station before the freighter and hero bump the freighter off the docking ring... And then he safe logged because in all the madness we forgot to lock him. The FW guys rejoiced in local and we congratulated them somewhat saltily before returning to Jita.

Sure, most dunks don't go like that, most unsuccessful dunks that I experienced were from anti-gankers that showed up in an osprey and cost us a few hundred mil in bombers or the wreck would get popped. Or I let them get away with bad bumps... >.>

I'll miss it, and regret not doing it more. I'm sure this will just lead to more gank fleets in the major pipes, which is good though


Thanks for the insight and entertaining story. I have a lot of respect for guys like you.

I still believe that CODE can implode on itself and Eve would be better off Big smile
BirdStrike
Doomheim
#54 - 2015-10-09 14:18:09 UTC
Faylee Freir wrote:
The only thing this is going to achieve is make stealth bomber gank fleets in 1.0 - 0.8 a thing for me. I am starting (4) new bomber characters in the morning on existing accounts. The funny thing is that we will continue to adapt and learn new ways to use CCPs nerfs against them. I wonder if CCP really even has a vision for this game.


Hello Kitty ship skins coming soon.
Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2015-10-09 14:19:51 UTC
Chelsea Dagger X wrote:
Hiasa Kite wrote:
Chelsea Dagger X wrote:
Hiasa Kite wrote:
412nv Yaken wrote:
MMORPG...... what does it stand for? Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Yet solo freighter pilots can cry enough on the forums, reddit, petitions and get a play style banned. If they had 1 friend who brought reps, hyper dunking would not work.

LOGIC

Doesn't even need to be a friend nor even another account. Just log your freighter pilot, log a spare character with a day's training into logi and have him rep the freighter.


Hyperdunking is a solo activity. So your argument is invalid.

Tell me more about how one player on one account can fly a gank ship, bump ship and bowhead at once.


With 3 accounts and 3 monitors

So it's a group activity after all. Glad we cleared that up.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Tisiphone Dira
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2015-10-09 14:21:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Tisiphone Dira
We gave it a few shots down near Hek a couple of months back.

It's more difficult than I had anticipated, as you say Faylee, we found 2-3 people is ideal.

There once was a ganker named tisi

A stunningly beautiful missy

To gank a gross miner

There is nothing finer, cept when they get all pissy

Akasha Jam
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2015-10-09 14:23:57 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
We gave it a few shots down near Hek a couple of months back.

It's more difficult than I had anticipated, as you say Faylee, we found 2-3 people is ideal.


Your avatar is amazing. I take back everything I've said about CODE.
Toxic Yaken
Deaths Consortium
Pandemic Horde
#58 - 2015-10-09 14:28:55 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
We gave it a few shots down near Hek a couple of months back.

It's more difficult than I had anticipated, as you say Faylee, we found 2-3 people is ideal.


More fun too.

Curator of the Wardec Project - Join our Discord to join the discussions about Wardecs

Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2015-10-09 14:55:56 UTC
Toxic Yaken wrote:
I'm curious why they want to remove it... Hoping to hear reasoning from CCP on the subject.

This.

Seeing as hyperdunking can be hard countered so easily, it's obviously not a balance concern. So what exactly has necessitated this change?

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Toxic Yaken
Deaths Consortium
Pandemic Horde
#60 - 2015-10-09 15:05:23 UTC
Hiasa Kite wrote:
Toxic Yaken wrote:
I'm curious why they want to remove it... Hoping to hear reasoning from CCP on the subject.

This.

Seeing as hyperdunking can be hard countered so easily, it's obviously not a balance concern. So what exactly has necessitated this change?


Everyone assumes that it's just one more nerf, though it could be that the known exploit(s) associated with boarding ships while criminal (see gigadunking) are better off being outright removed. But again, when (and if) they declare boarding ships while criminal impossible on tranquility, I'm going to be very interested in the dev notes.

Curator of the Wardec Project - Join our Discord to join the discussions about Wardecs