These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EvE decline because of this too

First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#21 - 2015-10-03 15:33:47 UTC
Maekchu wrote:

This the kill that got you all worked up?

Why is it that the faction ship should magically not be able to kill a T2? The Orthrus is actually the more expensive ship of the two.

You were too emotional for spacepixels anyway, but thanks for stopping by.

Redacted the KM.

But yea, you hit the nail on the head. The OP amounts to "my crappyfit T2 HAC that I don't know how to use should beat a more expensive longer ranged Pirate Faction Cruiser because doesn't CCP know who the **** I am?!?!"

You'll find that 90% of all balance and gameplay discussion revolve around the same concept. People don't want balance, they want CCP to compensate for their inadequacies.
Dsparil
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2015-10-03 15:40:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Dsparil
I think one of the problems with EVE is that things in the game change too fast and are forcing people to adapt to these new changes in too much of a hurry to the point that, buy the time that they have adapted, other changes have been implemented and now they have to adapt to those too. It isn't giving people enough time to actually ENJOY the game.

EVE is becoming too much like WoW in that they keep trying to make changes to keep people interested. Problem is with that is there's nothing interesting about it when you don't get the time to enjoy it before more changes come. Games are just that, games. They're meant to be fun and when you're having to adapt and learn at that pace it no longer becomes fun it becomes work. On top of that there's too many changes that don't make any sense. I'll use the Retribution expansion as an example of one that pretty much made Concord redundant story-wise and mechanics-wise.

If they want people to come back they need to actually slow down. If I were them I'd focus more on fixing glitches and maybe do actually expansions twice a year and leave it at that and no tiny little ship rebalances on the side either. If something becomes obsolete for a while then so be it. For the longest time people cried about the Drake nerf and the Phantasm nerf and all that good stuff. Let people sink in to the game and relax for a bit with what's there to use.

Give people time to actually enjoy what's in front of them. Instead of having to panic-learn new stuff at a moment's notice. Try the decaf. It wont hurt.
Maldam
Wormlife Freeport Operations
Wormlife
#23 - 2015-10-03 16:50:44 UTC
Dsparil wrote:
I think one of the problems with EVE is that things in the game change too fast and are forcing people to adapt to these new changes in too much of a hurry to the point that, buy the time that they have adapted, other changes have been implemented and now they have to adapt to those too. It isn't giving people enough time to actually ENJOY the game.

EVE is becoming too much like WoW in that they keep trying to make changes to keep people interested. Problem is with that is there's nothing interesting about it when you don't get the time to enjoy it before more changes come. Games are just that, games. They're meant to be fun and when you're having to adapt and learn at that pace it no longer becomes fun it becomes work. On top of that there's too many changes that don't make any sense. I'll use the Retribution expansion as an example of one that pretty much made Concord redundant story-wise and mechanics-wise.

If they want people to come back they need to actually slow down. If I were them I'd focus more on fixing glitches and maybe do actually expansions twice a year and leave it at that and no tiny little ship rebalances on the side either. If something becomes obsolete for a while then so be it. For the longest time people cried about the Drake nerf and the Phantasm nerf and all that good stuff. Let people sink in to the game and relax for a bit with what's there to use.

Give people time to actually enjoy what's in front of them. Instead of having to panic-learn new stuff at a moment's notice. Try the decaf. It wont hurt.

I am not a pvper, though one day I expect to be. So maybe I have no standing to say much. But from the standpoint of a player not in the game for many years, and who does have a job, family, etc., I think there is a good point made here. This is not a simple game, and no, I would not want a simple game. But with so much to learn, I personally think changing it so much so often has a lot to do with the lack of attracting and retaining new players.
Matrea D
Maggie's Magical Miners
Maggie's Magical Malliance
#24 - 2015-10-03 16:57:45 UTC
Alex Sinai wrote:
Tears

More threads about getting outplayed by players with more skill/friends and then calling it broken balancing/mechanics?

Just join my corp before you biomass.
Kharaxus
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-10-03 17:39:56 UTC
Alex Sinai wrote:
There is not a chance that faction cruiser takes out T2 assault cruiser, yet it happens in current state of EvE Online.

States an absolute, then contradicts himself because it DID happen and it likely WILL happen (regardless of "current state"). No different than a miner in a Mackinaw forgetting he is vulnerable even in high sec.

Being away for 2 years from Eve is exactly like me and my old laptop. Paid $700 for it 6 years ago - my first brand new laptop (it actually wasn't brand new - another story). Yesterday I finally realized I abused it too much and it really needs to be replaced. The problem with buying a new laptop is all the work you have to put into it, in order to do that properly. You have to update Windows, remove unwanted programs, update, clean hard drive, update, etc.... Gotta check the internet for reviews, bugs, issues with new laptop, etc....

I spent $250 on a "brand new" laptop. I was able to go straight to Windows 10 update. A very clean and quick process.

Because somebody else theoretically is doing their job, I get to sit back and relax a bit (current state of things with Windows 10 being what it is).

Depending on what I want from Eve, I need to work for it. If I take a break for 2 years I am going to work a lot harder. If I want things to stay the way they are for 2 years - I will play Cyber Empires.

Meanwhile, I don't know who, but somebody responsible for Eve Online is busting their butts and producing some awesome changes (yes, they keep doing that). Especially with Citadels. An ISD in-game mentioned yesterday, there was going to be an announcement regarding developments. I need to go check that out and found out what, if it happened. I've been so busy with the new laptop, and downloading Eve, etc..., I haven't gotten around to it yet.

IMHO now isn't the time to quit Eve. However I appreciate it, more room/resources for me.

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-10-03 18:54:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Otso Bakarti
imbalanced

Oh. And, thanks for the interesting laptop story. I haven't been so entertained since I
watched the paint dry on my sainted grand mama's picket fence!

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Bellatrix Invicta
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-10-03 19:04:15 UTC
Matt Helmet wrote:
I have 3 accounts. Look up some of the various Shailagh s. All i do is solo pvp mr station trader. Also i trade and make dank isk but i still actually play this video game unlike you.

I have just had a look........so all you do is bait people in missions to attack you and kill them?
They are mainly new players, and have pve fits on a ship......can't fight back?

You are a true epic PVPer....LOL.

You can't be ******* serious.

If you think you've won, think again.

The CODE always wins.

Kharaxus
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2015-10-03 19:30:25 UTC
Otso Bakarti wrote:
imbalanced

Oh. And, thanks for the interesting laptop story. I haven't been so entertained since I
watched the paint dry on my sainted grand mama's picket fence!

But you did read it!

If people expect gratification for watching paint dry great.

If people expect Eve to be catered to their whims after 2 years, expect to do some work first (as simple as buying a new laptop yesterday versus the refined process of doing so today).
Destoya
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#29 - 2015-10-03 19:43:51 UTC
The killboard e-peen waving in this thread is off the charts
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#30 - 2015-10-03 19:45:20 UTC
Yes I agree.

People like OP not understanding how to play the game and blaming it for their incompetence is a major reason "EvE decline"s.
Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#31 - 2015-10-03 20:10:07 UTC
Maekchu wrote:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/49395167/

Why is it that the faction ship should magically not be able to kill a T2? The Orthrus is actually the more expensive ship of the two.

But he has blue mods fitted? He should have won by birthright

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Marsha Mallow
#32 - 2015-10-03 20:22:06 UTC
Dsparil wrote:

grr change

The flipside to complaints about change is that some are needed to keep things fresh, and create/correct imbalances for our entertainment. If it's too much to monitor personally, being in a wider group and asking someone else to make sense of it all isn't that hard. Promotes player interraction. If you want to play as a soloer fine, but there are still others willing to review patches and re-write them into articles or blogs/make player vids that are designed to strip out the jargon and make them easier to understand. All you have to do is look for them.

Sorry, but people have been ragequitting over silly ship losses for years, blaming mechanics and screeching at CCP. That's just gamer lingo for 'screw you guys I'm off to a better game because this one is rubbish waaaaagh' *flounce*. It'd be better if they just learned to play smarter and how to lose without being massive crybabbies, but tbh telling people that is about as effective as rolling your face in mud in an effort to cure cancer. May as well take the **** a little and try get them to see the funny side.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Bo Bojangles
Interstellar Renegades
#33 - 2015-10-03 20:36:02 UTC
CCC's on a vaga? C'mon OP, who do you think you're gonna permatank?
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#34 - 2015-10-03 20:52:33 UTC
Bo Bojangles wrote:
CCC's on a vaga? C'mon OP, who do you think you're gonna permatank?
But he fitted shiny stuff and spent a fortune, it should be able to tank a doomsday...

Just wait until his blingy wtfpwn battleship dies to an Incursus because he's been outplayed.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#35 - 2015-10-03 20:59:37 UTC
Dsparil wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Alex Sinai wrote:

Nope, you can't has my stuff, it's already given away :)

In that case, you have wasted my valuable time and electrons by posting here

Best news I've heard all day. I guess it's a good thing nobody cares about you.

You seemed to care enough to post that, my child.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#36 - 2015-10-03 21:02:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Maekchu wrote:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/49395167/

That Orthrus only did 13% of the damage. It's was really the rats that killed him. If that is the kill that triggered the OP, then a bit unfortunate. There's lots of reason to hate on the Orthrus, but losing to rats because one was on grid seems to be one of the least relevant ones.
ImYourMom
Retribution Holdings Corp
Retribution.
#37 - 2015-10-03 21:27:16 UTC
sorry but has everyone missed the npc that dealt most damage not the actual real player?
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#38 - 2015-10-03 21:30:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
Think what would OP do if he would be killed by some tech 1 cruiser with ECM fitted? Shocked
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#39 - 2015-10-03 21:37:35 UTC
ImYourMom wrote:
sorry but has everyone missed the npc that dealt most damage not the actual real player?
If you'd bothered to read the thread you'd already know that it's been pointed out several times.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#40 - 2015-10-04 02:14:47 UTC
Quote:

Forum rules

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

Bye!

Also thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page12