These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

Vic Jefferson for CSM XI - Chaos and Hilarity.

Author
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#41 - 2016-01-26 07:36:50 UTC
I doubt that more ways to create content in High sec is good for everyone. There's already more than enough ways -- so many in fact, that people who live in LS/00 rather play in High sec than in their home areas.

On the note of ISK making in Syndicate: What about new missions, combat plexes (even DED 2/10s), exploration sites and anoms being made available only in LS/NPC-00 (as also discussed with TY in his thread)? New Burner missions, for example, would be a prime candidate for LS/NPC-00 only as empire control is weaker there and these agents could go rampant more easily. That kind of policy would not detract from the value of High sec as it remains the same, but gives LS/00 an edge in terms of activity variety.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#42 - 2016-01-27 00:32:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Vic Jefferson
Rivr Luzade wrote:
On the note of ISK making in Syndicate: What about new missions, combat plexes (even DED 2/10s), exploration sites and anoms being made available only in LS/NPC-00 (as also discussed with TY in his thread)? New Burner missions, for example, would be a prime candidate for LS/NPC-00 only as empire control is weaker there and these agents could go rampant more easily. That kind of policy would not detract from the value of High sec as it remains the same, but gives LS/00 an edge in terms of activity variety.


Missions, I am sort of against. What this leads to is one group monopolizing an area or a station or two, setting up safe pos in every system a mission can spawn, and generally not contributing to good content generation and income opportunities at the same time.

The Blood Raider sites should be a model for active resources in space. Things that are accessible, yet dangerous due to having to search for them and other players contesting them rather than the rats providing most of the challenge. Furthermore, their loot had a harder time devaluing as it expired over time, and the demand for it was always going to be out there. Plexes, anoms, belt spawns - anything to get people out and moving around such that they can meet people in the area and start playing the actual 'EvE' game. I have had significantly more player interaction doing Blood Raider sites or DEDs than missioning.

You just have to make it worth the time to do so. As I outlined in my exploration post, combat exploration is basically dead thanks to AegisSov, at least in npc null, in an isk per hour, risk per isk sort of fashion. By all means do it if you enjoy it, but the effort you have to put in now for the extremely reduced payouts is....quite simply laughable. You are literally better off making a faction warfare alt an orbiting a beacon in a stabbed venture than trying to explore and take risks in NPC null. Now you can go ahead and say that's a result of player behavior, but that's a little derpy - when you double the havens in systems, and double the escalation rate, did you really think the supply side of null DEDs wouldn't change so drastically?

For example, if scanned down and escalated sites had different loot tables, things would be fine. Plenty of modules that do not have deadspace versions yet. Basically, yes, fill space with things, lots of things, and make them things that are sought after and resistant to over monopolization by another space type. Make them accessible so a smaller group of newer players can seek their fortunes in NPC null - it's a place where they can play EvE, rather than have EvE played on them by big ticket sov entities.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#43 - 2016-01-27 13:31:03 UTC
Vic Jefferson wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
On the note of ISK making in Syndicate: What about new missions, combat plexes (even DED 2/10s), exploration sites and anoms being made available only in LS/NPC-00 (as also discussed with TY in his thread)? New Burner missions, for example, would be a prime candidate for LS/NPC-00 only as empire control is weaker there and these agents could go rampant more easily. That kind of policy would not detract from the value of High sec as it remains the same, but gives LS/00 an edge in terms of activity variety.


Missions, I am sort of against. What this leads to is one group monopolizing an area or a station or two, setting up safe pos in every system a mission can spawn, and generally not contributing to good content generation and income opportunities at the same time.

I disagree there. Give Aridia special missions and people would want to go there and potentially live there to harvest the special treats. Many would very likely seek agreements with local powerhouses like LSH or AXIOS in order to run missions in peace, but others would not, creating a pocket of activity here and there beyond camps in Vehan and Scap ganks all over the region. Not to mention that even those who seek blue standings with everyone still open up more targets for hunters and roamers in the area because more people would live there in the first place. That would be a conflict driver for Low and NPC Null. Furthermore, POS are attackable, moons are occupieable so that they cannot put up their own POS, citadells will be engagable. As far as I can tell, it works fairly well in Pure Blind with CFC trying to oppose MOA and keep them from running Mordus missions.

Quote:
The Blood Raider sites should be a model for active resources in space. Things that are accessible, yet dangerous due to having to search for them and other players contesting them rather than the rats providing most of the challenge. Furthermore, their loot had a harder time devaluing as it expired over time, and the demand for it was always going to be out there. Plexes, anoms, belt spawns - anything to get people out and moving around such that they can meet people in the area and start playing the actual 'EvE' game. I have had significantly more player interaction doing Blood Raider sites or DEDs than missioning.

It's merely my personal opinion, but out of 40 run Gauntlets in Querious, I have had exactly 1 encounter with another player. Out of more than 30 Frostline sites I have had exactly 0 encounters with other players (though, some encounters with blues who were of the opinion it's their site). I thus question the validity of Gauntlet like things to bring people out into space.

Quote:
For example, if scanned down and escalated sites had different loot tables, things would be fine. Plenty of modules that do not have deadspace versions yet. Basically, yes, fill space with things, lots of things, and make them things that are sought after and resistant to over monopolization by another space type. Make them accessible so a smaller group of newer players can seek their fortunes in NPC null - it's a place where they can play EvE, rather than have EvE played on them by big ticket sov entities.

These items are already in any exploration or otherwise site to run: T1 items. Everything else is prone to monopolization or oversupply because it is not used as extensively. Gauntlets also lost their value really quickly as Accelerators dropped from 200M in a matter of hours to barely 100M, or OFL sites which flooded the market with. In my opinion, the appeal of NPC Null to any size of entity in terms of money making are the missions there. You have your missions and do not need to worry about having to find a plex 10 jumps away or suitable anoms for your 30 active people in a system. I think that is what should be expanded upon.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#44 - 2016-01-27 19:34:44 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
I disagree there. Give Aridia special missions and people would want to go there and potentially live there to harvest the special treats.


Missions just....have conceptual problems. I'm not seeing how these 'special' missions would be different in practice than the current iteration of level 5s where they are totally inaccessible to most players due to standings, alts, ships, locations, and/or local monopolies on power, but are extremely lucrative to a select group. L5s can currently, if you have extensive know-how and means, can meet or exceed WH level income quite easily. I don't like the fact that you can basically just sit in one area indefinitely and never have to wander or leave.

Available, and accessible income is what I am after. Yes, if you study WHs, or L5s, or incursions, put a lot of time into any of several gimmicks, you can make bank, but what you need is something where it can start to be utilized immediately after moving to an area so growth can happen, rather than the current set of outlets which require substantial investment time to start to see a big payout. One of the big things Sov has is immediate, accessible income that is available and plentiful - you do not need standings, etc, to do anomalies.

The general pattern or syndrome I see is a new group starts, and doesn't want to do FW or join a big sov bloc. They try NPC null as they want freedom and content, but realize there's no way to support a corp, much less an alliance there. They are forced to pick FW or Sov. I direct you again to the production vs destruction numbers for Syndicate; people desperately love the NPC null play style, but they have very little way to actually live there, not without lots of alts or going to other areas to make their cash. It is seriously annoying to players that it is better to go to a High Sec incursion on average than to try and scrape a living in NPC null.

Missions might be available income in that they do not deplete, and they may be good income depending on the LP stores, but it comes down to accessibility via standings and geography that sort of is a downer for them, that and they more or less promote sedentary behavior. It's one of those entry barrier things where unless your group is of sufficient size and stature, and can lockdown the entire mission pocket, you are better off running them in Hi Sec.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Proxay
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#45 - 2016-01-28 00:38:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Proxay
Rivr Luzade wrote:

It's merely my personal opinion, but out of 40 run Gauntlets in Querious, I have had exactly 1 encounter with another player. Out of more than 30 Frostline sites I have had exactly 0 encounters with other players (though, some encounters with blues who were of the opinion it's their site). I thus question the validity of Gauntlet like things to bring people out into space.


Dunno what server you were playing on, but Frostlines got me plenty of fights & ganks. :/
You could even sit in one, in something average-ish and people would come to you to gank you.

Maybe you need less Blues because you're stifling your own content...?


Vic's terrible, he has my vote(s)~

Loading signature...

ohlookamouse Erquilenne
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2016-01-31 03:19:18 UTC
Vic is hands down, the absolute worst pilot in the game. I support him 100%.
Mortlake
Somalian Coast Guard Authority
#47 - 2016-01-31 21:20:15 UTC
I flew with Vic in another incarnation and he's a top bloke with a lickable face.

Sometimes you hit the bar and sometimes the bar hits you...

Tikari Ishin
Motiveless Malignity
Deepwater Hooligans
#48 - 2016-02-02 18:44:12 UTC
Vic 'Vicman' Jefferson, also known as General Dic Hefferson (among his fearfilled opponents), is a cunning warrior who inspire a great deal of trust in his allies. You should vote for Vic because Vic is a Vic you can rely on to be your Vic in your time of need!

V O T E V I C
O T E V I C V
T E V I C V O
E V I C V O T
V I C V O T E
I C V O T E V
C V O T E V I
V O T E V I C
O T E V I C
T E V I C
E V I C
V I C
I C
C

Self-proclaimed queen of Syndicate.

Come fight my rifter in 35-RK9, ship provided for free.

dznuts hang
Immortal Commandos
#49 - 2016-02-05 21:24:08 UTC
Vote VIC!
Tikari Ishin
Motiveless Malignity
Deepwater Hooligans
#50 - 2016-02-10 17:50:18 UTC
Don't forget to


....................C
.................C I C
..............C I V I C
...........C I V E V I C
.......C I V E T E V I C
....C I V E T O T E V I C
C I V E T O V O T E V I C
....C I V E T O T E V I C
.......C I V E T E V I C
...........C I V E V I C
...............C I V I C
.................C I C
....................C

It's the right choice!

Self-proclaimed queen of Syndicate.

Come fight my rifter in 35-RK9, ship provided for free.

Cheradenine-Zakalwe Amtiskaw
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2016-02-17 06:50:30 UTC
Vic has a deep working knowledge of the game and a passion for explaining and teaching.

Vote Vic!
Borat Guereen
ARRAKIS Ltd.
#52 - 2016-02-18 02:39:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Borat Guereen
You have my votes!
Best luck!

Candidate for CSM XII

Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#53 - 2016-02-19 18:17:40 UTC
So, basically, we all like this game because of risk - it makes what you do some gravitas. It is one of the few games where bad decisions are often punished, and good ones are often rewarded, where other MMOs are akin to the empty calories of most fast food - instant gratification only. If you build it, it you destroy it, it is because you were able to best other players pulling on the other end of the tug-of-war. Basically, this game is fun because of risk which is largely absent in other games.

As time goes on, players have found every possible way to mitigate and avoid risk in a turbulent and violent universe. If you take the slightest precautions, freighters will never fall prey to high sec antagonists, and your ratting ship will never even be on the same grid as a potential enemy. Players have found all the ways to share information and effort to maximize security, and you can't blame them at all for it. There simply isn't enough risk left in this game for it to be as fun as it could be.

Any mechanics change that increases risk should be lauded, any that potentially gives even more ways to avoid risk should be seriously reconsidered as fundamentally threatening what makes the game fun. There are no accomplishments to be had in this game so long as there are no risks on the way to that goal.

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Proxay
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#54 - 2016-02-24 23:18:06 UTC
vote vic

Loading signature...

kai il
Doomheim
#55 - 2016-02-27 22:06:40 UTC
A vote for Vic Jefferson is a vote for a CSM who plays this game and wants to see it become content rich environment again.
Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#56 - 2016-03-01 19:44:45 UTC
VOTE VIC JEFFERSON FOR CSM XI

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Vic Jefferson
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#57 - 2016-03-14 20:47:52 UTC
BUMP

Vote Vic Jefferson for CSM X.....XI.....XII?

Previous page123