These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

do you remember when?

Author
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#21 - 2015-09-29 17:17:57 UTC
ohh how about cant warp to zero
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#22 - 2015-09-29 17:19:05 UTC
all very good answers so far. i forgot about a lot of them
Josef Djugashvilis
#23 - 2015-09-29 17:36:11 UTC
Goose Lee wrote:
When people didn't post **** on the forums.

Nope, I do not...

This is not a signature.

Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#24 - 2015-09-29 17:38:32 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Goose Lee wrote:
When people didn't post **** on the forums.

Nope, I do not...

Yeah that never happened, not even in Beta.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#25 - 2015-09-29 17:42:56 UTC
DEM0N SEEKER wrote:
ok ill start plex was 350m

now you go
How about when even the idea of PLEX wasn't thought up yet.

Back when ISK had some value and you had to work to accomplish something in the game. Back when 'EVE is harsh' was more than a tired platitude. Back when it actually was harsh with no pay to jump to endgame and no buying SP.

Mr Epeen Cool
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#26 - 2015-09-29 17:44:17 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
DEM0N SEEKER wrote:

now you go

Back when ISK had some value and you had to work to accomplish something in the game. Back when 'EVE is harsh' was more than a tired platitude. Back when it actually was harsh with no pay to jump to endgame and no buying SP.

Mr Epeen Cool

thats true too good one
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#27 - 2015-09-29 17:44:19 UTC
I remember when I use to have to get my isk from isk sellers and I kept coming back to find -1bil isk in my account because CCP kept finding out and taking all the isk away. Then buying another 2 bil to compensate only to have that taken away.

Eventually I just quit playing for 7 years and thankfully enough, PLEX had been introduced.
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#28 - 2015-09-29 17:46:08 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
DEM0N SEEKER wrote:

now you go

Mr Epeen Cool

kinda wish it was till that way tbh
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#29 - 2015-09-29 17:52:00 UTC
Divine Entervention wrote:
I remember when I use to have to get my isk from isk sellers and I kept coming back to find -1bil isk in my account because CCP kept finding out and taking all the isk away. Then buying another 2 bil to compensate only to have that taken away.

Eventually I just quit playing for 7 years and thankfully enough, PLEX had been introduced.

lol buying isk... good times
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#30 - 2015-09-29 17:55:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
DEM0N SEEKER wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
DEM0N SEEKER wrote:

now you go

Mr Epeen Cool

kinda wish it was till that way tbh

You kinda wish there were less than half as many people playing right now and isk buying was rampant? This is the problem with nostalgia, people only remember the good things.

I'm not immune, last week I had cause to meet an ex girlfriend I hadn't seen in 15 years (funeral of a mutual friend). She was looking great, I mean really, truly hot even after 2 kids and pushing 40. I even found myself sitting next to her at the post funeral reception, and all those wonderful (and NSFW) memories came flooding back, like that trick should could do to a cherry stem with her tongue ...

...Then she opened her mouth and after 15 seconds of hearing her talk (trash, about the dead no less) I remember why I kicked that soulless evil tramp to the curb a decade and a half ago and never looked back.

EVE wasn't quite the same evil soulless tramp she was, but the past wasn't all some people like to think it was. We were just younger and stupider and had crappy taste back then is all.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#31 - 2015-09-29 18:03:52 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

You kinda wish there were less than half as many people playing right now and isk buying was rampant?

There are way less people playing now than when EVE was at its peak and ISK buying is more popular than ever now that it's CCP that's selling it.

Did you have an actual point to make?

Mr Epeen Cool
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#32 - 2015-09-29 18:06:29 UTC
lol some people i guess
unidenify
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2015-09-29 18:10:59 UTC
I remember when shield hardener has passive resist
Jenn aSide
Shinigami Miners
Already Replaced.
#34 - 2015-09-29 18:11:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

You kinda wish there were less than half as many people playing right now and isk buying was rampant?

There are way less people playing now than when EVE was at its peak and ISK buying is more popular than ever now that it's CCP that's selling it.

Mr Epeen Cool

Yea, the point is that your nostolgic view is incorrect and at least now, people buying isk are buying it in a way that benefits CCP and players (PVErs, like me) instead of some botter's private bank account. Hmm, the only ones who could really miss those days are the botters themselves... So, what exactly were you doing between 2003 and 2006?

Your prejudiced "plex is pay to win" view blinds you to reality. Plex is "pay to avoid grinding" for sellers and "WOW, someone is giving me real gametime in exchange for my excess imaginary money" for people like me. In other words a fair trade.
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#35 - 2015-09-29 18:40:44 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Yea, the point is that your nostolgic view is incorrect and at least now, people buying isk are buying it in a way that benefits CCP and players (PVErs, like me) instead of some botter's private bank account. Hmm, the only ones who could really miss those days are the botters themselves... So, what exactly were you doing between 2003 and 2006?

Your prejudiced "plex is pay to win" view blinds you to reality. Plex is "pay to avoid grinding" for sellers and "WOW, someone is giving me real gametime in exchange for my excess imaginary money" for people like me. In other words a fair trade.

i dont think that was his point. but im sure he will clear it up.
Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#36 - 2015-09-29 21:20:34 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Mr Epeen,

you're forgetting that most of that illegally sold ISK came from botters and people who gave out their account info to buy ISK. The result of the latter was constant posts about hacked accounts, which turned out to be people who illegally bought ISK from shady sources.

Ask yourself, when was the last time you read a post about compromised accounts ?

I think we're much better off these days.

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#37 - 2015-09-29 22:19:53 UTC
Jill Xelitras wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Mr Epeen,

you're forgetting that most of that illegally sold ISK came from botters and people who gave out their account info to buy ISK. The result of the latter was constant posts about hacked accounts, which turned out to be people who illegally bought ISK from shady sources.

Ask yourself, when was the last time you read a post about compromised accounts ?

Yeah.

But is selling customers legit ISK the solution? RMT is RMT whether it's from a shady third person site, a 'legit' third party gambling site, or the company that runs the game.

The problem wasn't fixed by CCP seeing dollar (króna?) signs in their dreams and taking over the RMT business. The problem would have been fixed by figuring out how to remove RMT. Period. There were plenty of solutions that would have worked to better the game and only one that screwed the game but put a lot of money in the CCP coffers.

Greed is good.

Mr Epeen Cool
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#38 - 2015-09-29 22:53:41 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jill Xelitras wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Mr Epeen,

Yeah.

But is selling customers legit ISK the solution? RMT is RMT whether it's from a shady third person site, a 'legit' third party gambling site, or the company that runs the game.

The problem wasn't fixed by CCP seeing dollar (króna?) signs in their dreams and taking over the RMT business. The problem would have been fixed by figuring out how to remove RMT. Period. There were plenty of solutions that would have worked to better the game and only one that screwed the game but put a lot of money in the CCP coffers.

Greed is good.

Mr Epeen Cool

kind all off topic here but w/e

i think epeen was really trying to get the point across of how eve lost its edge and harshness by allowing plex into the game. ccp could have fought the isk sellers and they did. but bieng able to buy chars and sell plex takes the grind of the game away. thus removing the risk vs reward aspect of eve. but please lets get back on topic
DEM0N SEEKER
VTX1300
#39 - 2015-09-29 22:54:26 UTC
unidenify wrote:
I remember when shield hardener has passive resist

yes those were nice
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2015-09-29 23:03:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiddle Jr
I remember i went to cinema to watch a story about John James "Rambo".

Oh yeah, cool story from Eve's perspective. I found contract once where guy was trading 10 PLEXs for 10 Hulks. I did succesfully complete that order. Did move hulks from Jita to Amarr and then 10 PLEXs back to Jita.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP