These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CCP Dev Acquires New Order Permit

First post
Author
Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#61 - 2015-09-28 13:25:23 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
You're just mad because Im better than you.

Free tip: Dont resort to hyperbole and personal insults. They are a sign of weakness and defeat.

If you want to avail yourself of more of my expertise, send 10bil isk alongside a permanent CODE license, and I will consider it. The isk I can invest, and the license I can wipe my butt with.



They say a leopard can not change its spots nor it's bad posting habits it seems.

After you have finished with your next edit from that wiping of your butt try and post something worth reading without the cowardly edits eh ?

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Salvos Rhoska
#62 - 2015-09-28 13:29:52 UTC
Ill even throw in a Tweet of me "officially" wiping my butt with the CODE license, smiling, as an endorsement! Blink
Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#63 - 2015-09-28 13:33:51 UTC
Back on topic Shocked


Super initiative and a great idea from those that truly understand EvE. /salut Big smile

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#64 - 2015-09-28 13:38:28 UTC
More than three pages of Salvos tears. If I were CCP Shadowcat, I would be laughing myself silly right now. Some people take the game too seriously.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Salvos Rhoska
#65 - 2015-09-28 13:41:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Perhaps its you who are taking this game and this forum too seriously?
Yes, I have shed tears. In laughter.

Or are you saying there is something wrong and not funny about me Tweeting how I officially clean my behind with a CODE license?

Atleast that endorses its good for SOMETHING! :D
Maekchu
Doomheim
#66 - 2015-09-28 13:47:20 UTC
We had such a nice thread, enjoying the fact that it was a funny gesture that someone gave a CCP dev an IRL mining permit.

It is a game guys, you are taking this WAY to serious. And it's a piece of laminated paper for gods sake!

But then a wild Salvos appeared.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#67 - 2015-09-28 13:49:05 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Perhaps its you who are taking this game and this forum too seriously?


Nope, still you.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#68 - 2015-09-28 14:13:28 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Or are you saying there is something wrong and not funny about me Tweeting how I officially clean my behind with a CODE license?

The question is: will there be a picture of it attached?
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#69 - 2015-09-28 14:29:04 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Perhaps its you who are taking this game and this forum too seriously?
Yes, I have shed tears. In laughter.

Or are you saying there is something wrong and not funny about me Tweeting how I officially clean my behind with a CODE license?

Atleast that endorses its good for SOMETHING! :D


Laminated, that would make it hard to wipe. Ever cut yourself on those sharp edges before? Ouch!

Also, I think it lacks the ability to pick up those pesky clingers. Might cause smear.

Lastly, thank you for taking this to places it should not have gone.


Personally, I would use a set for beer coasters.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Salvos Rhoska
#70 - 2015-09-28 15:01:37 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Or are you saying there is something wrong and not funny about me Tweeting how I officially clean my behind with a CODE license?

The question is: will there be a picture of it attached?


But(t) of course!
ISD Decoy
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#71 - 2015-09-28 16:37:25 UTC
I have removed an obvious troll post. Sarcasm and humour are fun, but not when you degrade another player or group of players.

Quote:
2. Be respectful toward others at all times.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to be courteous when disagreeing with others.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive, and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

ISD Decoy

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#72 - 2015-09-28 21:30:35 UTC
Well I must admit this much.

In the USA we have those silly "Terrorist hunting permit" stickers, popular around 2001 (obviously) but it was a good way to gauge a person who has such a thing on their car (leaving politics out if it, that's as far as I go).

Now, if we had something like CODE. permit stickers for vehicles along that same vein of humor, I would imagine it to be more useful than a basic Eve sticker (which I have but never used) because while an Eve player would notice an Eve sticker, or even one of those faction stickers (Guristas probably being the most pronounced), a player who understands what the mining permit sticker means is more apt to be a more involved player and hence such signaling out in meatspace could bring more players together there.

Thus were I running CODE. right now I would be wondering if such a thing could be possible. Imagine how "emergent" it would be if you get a RL permit sticker for a vehicle - emerging right into the real world and certainly worth a laugh or two.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#73 - 2015-09-28 21:36:11 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
I'm half expecting one of my own now.

Will you be at eve vegas?

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#74 - 2015-09-28 21:54:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Reese
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Well I must admit this much.

In the USA we have those silly "Terrorist hunting permit" stickers, popular around 2001 (obviously) but it was a good way to gauge a person who has such a thing on their car (leaving politics out if it, that's as far as I go).

Now, if we had something like CODE. permit stickers for vehicles along that same vein of humor, I would imagine it to be more useful than a basic Eve sticker (which I have but never used) because while an Eve player would notice an Eve sticker, or even one of those faction stickers (Guristas probably being the most pronounced), a player who understands what the mining permit sticker means is more apt to be a more involved player and hence such signaling out in meatspace could bring more players together there.

Thus were I running CODE. right now I would be wondering if such a thing could be possible. Imagine how "emergent" it would be if you get a RL permit sticker for a vehicle - emerging right into the real world and certainly worth a laugh or two.


I was at a mall once. Saw a BMW M5 and in the upper left corner of back window was a little orange triangle with "II" in it. Shocked

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#75 - 2015-09-29 04:34:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
delete.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#76 - 2015-09-29 07:40:58 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Well I must admit this much.

In the USA we have those silly "Terrorist hunting permit" stickers, popular around 2001 (obviously) but it was a good way to gauge a person who has such a thing on their car (leaving politics out if it, that's as far as I go).

Now, if we had something like CODE. permit stickers for vehicles along that same vein of humor, I would imagine it to be more useful than a basic Eve sticker (which I have but never used) because while an Eve player would notice an Eve sticker, or even one of those faction stickers (Guristas probably being the most pronounced), a player who understands what the mining permit sticker means is more apt to be a more involved player and hence such signaling out in meatspace could bring more players together there.

Thus were I running CODE. right now I would be wondering if such a thing could be possible. Imagine how "emergent" it would be if you get a RL permit sticker for a vehicle - emerging right into the real world and certainly worth a laugh or two.


I was at a mall once. Saw a BMW M5 and in the upper left corner of back window was a little orange triangle with "II" in it. Shocked




I would have chased the driver down and screamed "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT????????!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" Big smile

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2015-09-29 12:23:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Amyclas Amatin
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Perhaps its you who are taking this game and this forum too seriously?
Yes, I have shed tears. In laughter.

Or are you saying there is something wrong and not funny about me Tweeting how I officially clean my behind with a CODE license?

Atleast that endorses its good for SOMETHING! :D


I would hand out physical pieces of laminated paper based on a video game cartel just so that you have the opportunity to do this.

But be careful with all that plastic, good sir.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#78 - 2015-09-29 13:11:21 UTC
Official CODE. merchandise for sale when?
Salvos Rhoska
#79 - 2015-09-29 13:35:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Official CODE. merchandise for sale when?



---- AVAILABLE NOW! ----
(Click above)



Introductory offer of only 9.99mil isk/per license!*

DO NOT HESITATE!

GET YOURS NOW WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!



(* Instruction manual for use of product included FREE to all bulk orders above 100 units)
Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#80 - 2015-09-29 13:46:13 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Official CODE. merchandise for sale when?



---- AVAILABLE NOW! ----



Introductory offer of only 9.99mil isk/per license!

DO NOT HESITATE!

GET YOURS NOW WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!


My name is Markus Reese and this is my favorite TP on my Citadel.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.