These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Disabled Players Union

Author
Morgan Johnstone
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-09-20 13:07:22 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Good luck on your endeavours!

A serious question: can I, as an able-bodied (for the most part) individual, join your group?

Absolutely!

Morgan Johnstone

Disabled Players Union

Morgan Johnstone
Doomheim
#22 - 2015-09-20 13:08:30 UTC
Also... we have a Slack channel. Join #dpu :)

Morgan Johnstone

Disabled Players Union

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#23 - 2015-09-20 13:13:43 UTC
Morgan Johnstone wrote:
Bumblefck wrote:
Good luck on your endeavours!

A serious question: can I, as an able-bodied (for the most part) individual, join your group?

Absolutely!

Thank you! I hope to drop by soon, either with Bumble or one of my many other famous personalities :)

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Gareth Destan
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2015-09-22 05:21:32 UTC
I have osteo-arthitis, and end up with a lot of pain issues, and so my typing can be shite, and my mouse control wonky. I walk with a cane, and have a disabled tag for the car. Depending on HOW I feel on a particular day, I can park at the far end of the parking lot, and other days I need to be parked mere steps to the door, Like most, I get good days and bad days. I have done absolutely NOTHING but put up crap for sale since my Alliance has some DRAMAH LLAMA stuff going on, while I was out of game for a few weeks. They left, I am stuck in Null Sec, and so I have been selling stuff to afford to get back into the fight, I wasn't too active before, as I fly poorly in PVP, and have nto been in many fleets to get better at it. I have not quit, and don't plan to. You CAN'T quit anything when you have a disability or you would never get ANYTHING done, let alone live!

I still get out to TNR cats, and do some rescueing as well. I had the highest mark in one of my classes in college, and made the Dean's Honor list. (TNR = Trap/Neuter or spay/Return)

I do stuff out of game, and am looking for employment, as well as companionship.

Be well!
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#25 - 2015-09-22 14:29:33 UTC
The VA says I'm disabled. Therefore I must participate.
Morgan Johnstone
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-11-16 14:48:10 UTC
Just a quick update...

As I fly through Uedama not caring if I die or not, I just want to let everyone know we're still around!

Morgan Johnstone

Disabled Players Union

Trudeaux Margaret
University of Caille
#27 - 2015-11-16 15:00:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Trudeaux Margaret
Oh! Very glad to see this. I have MS and a lot of the nasty little issues that come along with that particular boogeyman. I'll be hopping into your channel next time I log in.

Edit: not all of the issues. Just a lot of them. Big smile

> anyone willing to give me like a 5 min politics crash course?

> grr goons, lowsec is full of elitist sh*s, all roads lead to the bittervet pl

Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#28 - 2015-11-17 02:44:19 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
to bring out a focus on the social aspect over just "winning the game"

(Por que no los dos ?) ... why not both ?

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Machinist HAHAHA
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2015-11-17 03:37:28 UTC
as a fellow disabled player it is nice to know more people are taking on the challenge of eve online
Morgan Johnstone
Doomheim
#30 - 2015-11-18 04:34:39 UTC
Machinist HAHAHA wrote:
as a fellow disabled player it is nice to know more people are taking on the challenge of eve online

It really is. When I first started playing, I was pretty intimidated by other players and stories I'd heard. I was nervous to approach other players and join a corporation. Finally, I took that step, more like a jump actually and I've not stopped playing since.

Morgan Johnstone

Disabled Players Union

Conman
Syndicate Enterprise
Sigma Grindset
#31 - 2015-11-18 06:25:58 UTC
I would love to help you guys in any way that I can being an equal rights activist. Please message me in game if there is anything I can do to help.
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#32 - 2015-11-18 15:44:00 UTC
More power to you. My only disability is I keep getting married and divorced and married and divorced.
Nothing like chain alimony.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2015-11-21 16:23:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Celthric Kanerian
Awesome initiative! I'll gladly donate a few coins for you guys if you make a corp / Alliance, if it'll help in any way! o7
Jenshae Chiroptera
#34 - 2015-11-21 16:55:05 UTC
Might I suggest listing some equipment and software where it is easy to find? Such as in the channel MoTD?
One hand keyboards.
Mouse with many thumb buttons.
Software that enlarges sections of a screen.

... and simple things like how to increase the font size of chat windows.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Trudeaux Margaret
University of Caille
#35 - 2015-11-21 17:45:37 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Might I suggest listing some equipment and software where it is easy to find? Such as in the channel MoTD?
One hand keyboards.
Mouse with many thumb buttons.
Software that enlarges sections of a screen.

... and simple things like how to increase the font size of chat windows.

It's funny, I've had to such hardware (Razer's Naga mouse and their gaming keypad, the Orbweaver) for more "twitchy" games and other MMOs, but the more relaxed pace of EVE means that I've simply been able to arrange my UI to my liking and it works OK. Not saying that my experience is the same for everyone and that this isn't a great idea ofc. Cool

> anyone willing to give me like a 5 min politics crash course?

> grr goons, lowsec is full of elitist sh*s, all roads lead to the bittervet pl

Griff Hardstone
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2015-11-22 03:35:32 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

You got the VA to say you're disabled?! Shocked Then you really must be.

I have hearing loss, tinnitus, TBI, and nerve damage and the VA says I am..no wait, I'm not..ok, yea I am, but it's not service related..or maybe it is.

OP: Hat's off to you Sir. o7
I wish you and your endeavor the best, and Happy Birthday.
Morgan Johnstone
Doomheim
#37 - 2015-11-25 08:04:07 UTC
I'll work on a list of software and hardware.

I had made a corporation, but I shut it down. I don't think that someone's just going to leave their corporation to join a new one. If people show interest, then maybe we could work something out.

Any donations are welcome, maybe we can create an event to raise awareness of disabled gamers and offer ISK prizes. I also think that if we could get some press (i,e: EVENews24, New Eden Update, etc...) we could get some more awareness.

One thing I'd love to do is organize a CSM town hall centered around letting disabled players talk with CSM members and vise versa.

Message me or respond with your thoughts and ideas. I'll be in Washington D.C. over the next four days, but I should be able to check in from time to time.

o7

Morgan Johnstone

Disabled Players Union

Ambar Khardula
Doomheim
#38 - 2015-12-07 04:07:50 UTC
Would anyone be interested in starting a disabled friendly/focused corporation? I have the time and can work with the people who are interested.
Morgan Johnstone
Doomheim
#39 - 2015-12-18 20:29:34 UTC
Please join us for our first event!

Morgan Johnstone

Disabled Players Union

Gareth Mythros
Cyberstar Enterprises
#40 - 2015-12-18 21:12:26 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:

And my axe!

Actually, same thing for me. 10% for now, fighting for more.
Previous page123Next page