These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

All most interesting ideas for mining rewamp, in one place

Author
L33T G33K
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2016-01-11 08:30:21 UTC
Is this thread about mining or about PLEX?
Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#62 - 2016-01-11 11:20:23 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Here is a radical idea....people mine because...it is boring--i.e. a low demand activity one can do while chatting with friends on TS, working form home, while doing something on another account, while watching netflix, etc.

That is people like it the way it is. Mineral prices are not sky high. There is no dearth of minerals on the market, and the bullshit about mineral shortages due to high PLEX prices...I'm sorry but fuckoff on that one.

Making a boring activity more complicated...how is that fun?

I posted long ago about including some PI materials like industrial explosives etc in the mining process to make it more engaging for those who wanted a more engaging experience.

Complexity isn't necessarily bad.
erg cz
Eye to Eye
Synergy of Steel
#63 - 2016-01-11 14:10:08 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

I posted long ago about including some PI materials like industrial explosives etc in the mining process to make it more engaging for those who wanted a more engaging experience.

Complexity isn't necessarily bad.

P0 is worthless to mine, other PI materials are manufactured. So I do not see much point to add them to the "loot" table of an asteroid. High end ore and moon goo in high sec in planet rings or comets is very attractive way to encourage interactive mining, IMHO. People, who mine AFK still can. Those, who will scan and chaise comets, planet ring rocks or even veins in asteroids, will get better reward. Better reward for actually actively playing at keyboard instead of some stupid bigger laser or plain T3 (T4 - T10) capital mining super ship.
L33T G33K
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2016-01-14 08:40:29 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

PI materials should stay on planets, moon goo should stay on moons ;)
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#65 - 2016-01-14 19:27:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Riot Girl
erg cz wrote:
With current PLEX price development we will soon face increasing mineral prices due to tons of unsubscribed mining alts.

Well this is certainly a very worrying development indeed! How will Eve survive when all the miners unsub?
Miners, you have the power to destroy the entire infrasturcture of the game, unite and CCP will have no choice but to listen!

Edit, to add something constructive to thread, I say the easiest way to make mining interesting is to increase mineral scarcity. Reduce availabity of resources to increase competition between miners (possibly forcing miners to scan sites or mine in more dangerous areas), while reducing the material costs of ships by a similar percentage.

This increases the value of minerals, creates more competition amongst miners and forces a more interactive playstyle, while maintaining an economic balance in the market. It also means miners will spend less time mining and more time searching for resources and competing with other players, while recieving a valuable reward for their efforts.
erg cz
Eye to Eye
Synergy of Steel
#66 - 2016-01-15 11:39:41 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
the easiest way to make mining interesting is to increase mineral scarcity. Reduce availabity of resources to increase competition between miners (possibly forcing miners to scan sites or mine in more dangerous areas), while reducing the material costs of ships by a similar percentage.

This increases the value of minerals, creates more competition amongst miners and forces a more interactive playstyle, while maintaining an economic balance in the market. It also means miners will spend less time mining and more time searching for resources and competing with other players, while recieving a valuable reward for their efforts.

Thank you for input. It seems to me you are trying to get miners into active PvP while miners mine because they prefer passive PvP. You suggestion will make life harder for semi-afk miners, in this thread we try to find the way how to make mining more rewarding for those, who mine at keyboard.
Keris Bilah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2016-01-17 00:09:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Keris Bilah
erg cz wrote:
With current PLEX price development we will soon face increasing mineral prices due to tons of unsubscribed mining alts. It is time to let those, who stay, make mining more effective / rewarding through constant interaction. You still can AFK mine, but for less income. If you mine actively interacting with the game - you can get more in less time.

Apart from numerous simple (and stupid, IMHO) suggestions like buff yield of lazers, mining drones, ships or rorquals, I like those completely new approaches. They ensure more effective mining through pilot activity, not through plain "more m3 per hour cause I have bigger ship/laser"

Comet mining: fast movable mine-able objects, that need to be scanned down, require manually piloting to stay close and avoid toxic cloud

Also the suggestion of other area of effect for asteroid belts: for instance could asteroid belts either have an effect on d-scan or shields or armour, warp to, visibility on grid or even have volatiles with explosive/corrosive properties ?

Mining probes and planet ring mining: probe down the proper place in planet ring, where you can mine, requires manually piloting to avoid collision with random moving piece of rock.

Multi Ore, Multi Methods: asteroids change during the process of mining it, requires manual adjusting of minig beam to ensure reasonable efficiency of mining laser, you can follow veins, etc

The handling of asteroids with modified tractor units to revolve them or for tug of war style play and counter play. This might be to access the interior of some concave or hollow asteroids with juicy ore inside, or for that much loved game 'toss the asteroid' or hulk in the middle.

New Module -- Mining Laser Optimization Mid slot module, that would increase mining laser range
erg cz
Eye to Eye
Synergy of Steel
#68 - 2016-02-04 13:45:12 UTC
Keris Bilah wrote:

Also the suggestion of other area of effect for asteroid belts: for instance could asteroid belts either have an effect on d-scan or shields or armour, warp to, visibility on grid or even have volatiles with explosive/corrosive properties ?

The handling of asteroids with modified tractor units to revolve them or for tug of war style play and counter play. This might be to access the interior of some concave or hollow asteroids with juicy ore inside, or for that much loved game 'toss the asteroid' or hulk in the middle.

Thank you for suggestions ;)