These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Capital microjump drives.

Author
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#21 - 2015-10-07 10:38:02 UTC
It would make it too easy for Capitals to slip tackle.
And make Capitals move far too fast on the field also. Even if it has a long cooldown it's still an amazing speed move when you do actually use it.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#22 - 2015-10-07 10:43:13 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
It would make it too easy for Capitals to slip tackle.
And make Capitals move far too fast on the field also. Even if it has a long cooldown it's still an amazing speed move when you do actually use it.

The only tackle it would help them break is bubbles and if a infa point can stop is activation it just means you may need to swap a dictionary out for a hic

And even though I hate speculating on things that are not in game yet the new DDS sound like a way to counter this as well
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#23 - 2015-10-07 11:10:36 UTC
Caps are supposed to big slow space machines. I think we should keep them that way. Currently MJD is immune to all but focused point and warp scramble. Disruptors don't stop them.

I recommend you see what kind of interesting things the incoming cap balance pass brings and also how this gimmicky destroyer jump thing works. I'm generally for changes and a good amount of chaos/confusion as it benefits those that actually know the game well, but holy guacamole.

There may already be incoming balance issues for fleet pvp, mjd dreads/carriers could wait in my opinion. Can this be a high slot module on capitals (seriously)?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#24 - 2015-10-07 11:16:41 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Caps are supposed to big slow space machines. I think we should keep them that way. Currently MJD is immune to all but focused point and warp scramble. Disruptors don't stop them.

I recommend you see what kind of interesting things the incoming cap balance pass brings and also how this gimmicky destroyer jump thing works. I'm generally for changes and a good amount of chaos/confusion as it benefits those that actually know the game well, but holy guacamole.

There may already be incoming balance issues for fleet pvp, mjd dreads/carriers could wait in my opinion. Can this be a high slot module on capitals (seriously)?

Wait focused points stop them?
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2015-10-07 11:30:27 UTC
No, they don't.

A 3 minute cooldown for a cap isnt excessive, especially since they are often stuck in $MODE for long periods. People have no trouble whatsoever stopping marauders using them in conjunction with bastion so I don't see why caps would be an issue.

Unless they have more caps than you have tackle, but tbh at that point, you probably have bigger problems. Like being roflstomped by said cap blob.
Previous page12