These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Probing Revamp Discussion

Author
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#21 - 2015-09-05 02:44:25 UTC
Zosius wrote:
Andrew Jester wrote:
if you're not bad it's p obvious which are gas, which are WH, and which are data/relic

Obvious how? Bunch of sigs are same as k162, but i love people talking out of their ass and talking nonsense as if they have everything figured out. Closest you could get to "figuring out" was deep space probes.

Seriously, get better.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Samsara Nolte
Untethered
#22 - 2015-09-05 08:01:56 UTC
I can get behind the remove or change from data and relics site into ansomalies -
especially regarding c4 data and relic sites they are so utterly broken ... sleeper spawning of grid not spwaning at all and other very strange behaviour.
Scanning a wormhole swarming with them when you are mostly intrested in wormholes is as mentioned a great time sink, which is by now means needed

but i have to disagree with the other proposal i for one don´t think scanning should become an automated process.
Especially combat probing since it involves player skill greatly influencing your chances of succeding or not and i´dont think that this part should be removed from the game, since it is another dumbing down of existing game mechanics.
GizzyBoy
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#23 - 2015-09-05 12:31:02 UTC
I had a plan on the sleeper relic & data sites and all the industry people will hate it, Was going to run it past Corbexx.

But here it is, Also it affects me because I do some t3 stuff so yes it will affect me.

Disallow decrypters from being used in reverse engineering.

And suddenly intact's and modified become worth more, and wrecked stay at junk prices.

also look at success chance rate and number of runs from a success (maybe even make both lower).
GizzyBoy
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#24 - 2015-09-05 12:57:15 UTC
Zosius wrote:
Andrew Jester wrote:
if you're not bad it's p obvious which are gas, which are WH, and which are data/relic

Obvious how? Bunch of sigs are same as k162, but i love people talking out of their ass and talking nonsense as if they have everything figured out. Closest you could get to "figuring out" was deep space probes.

You got alot to learn son, to be so new.

basicly everything you scan down has a different "size"

they way you learn or get information about the size is by observing how difficult it is to probe out, all K162's are size 10, these can be very easily scanned out and picked up at 8au, with 100% result at 2au if your lucky have the right implants/ship fittings, a size 5 is 1/2 as difficult to get to 100% but 2 au scan will tell you what it is.

pirate data relics can be between 2-10ish in size

most sleeper data/relics are in the 2 size area. If you know the size of the static of the wh your in, and you want to find it quickly you can focus on all sigs that respond to that size.
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#25 - 2015-09-05 16:46:57 UTC
glad some people are good~

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

La loca Fappuccino
DEFCON.
The Initiative.
#26 - 2015-09-05 16:49:55 UTC
I don't mind scanning how it is personally. Data sites could use a boost though.

Never completely understood why we have Data and Relic sites separate from each other. Why not just merge them into one type and have mixed loot from the two put into one place, and give the cans of sites with rats/sleepers in them a better reward for the increased risk in getting them? Can throw a reduction in loot from the rats to compensate for the increased reward and modify the spawns of things like Datacores to be more as intended.

I imagine there's lore implications with this, however lore is yet to explain why my spaceship is actually a submarine.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-09-05 17:25:54 UTC
Wh data sites being worthless has nothing to do with the scanning system and as such, cannot be fixed by any changes to it.
Luckily they're very easy to instantly filter out of your scan results in the vast majority of systems so they don't actually have any impact on your scanning time either.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

goodlady Smith
TheCrazy88s
#28 - 2015-09-05 19:52:28 UTC
Going against the grain but automated scanning with a hefty timer penalty (15min) would be a bonus

Yes sometimes you need an 'I win' button there's too many empty holes

Please like my posts it makes me feel better about the time I spend on the forums WTS... Smiles

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#29 - 2015-09-05 20:47:00 UTC
If it is empty, fill it...

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Joran Jackson
The Red Circle Inc.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#30 - 2015-09-06 03:32:35 UTC
Scanning is one of the few things in which player skill and knowledge are a significant factor.

I don't really understand what you want with automated probing. This is another activity you stick on an alt and go AFK and come back and have it fixed. Everything CCP has been doing is moving away from this direction, which IMO is good for the game. The more people are sitting at their computers playing the game, the more content for everyone.

As long as there's a modicum of difficulty left in wormholes, the more they stay a place for the few and not the many.

Trevor Dalech
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#31 - 2015-09-06 03:55:21 UTC
Any change to scanning should keep the following things:

1) a skilled (both in terms of skill points and player skill) player should be able to scan a system (or a single sig) much quicker than an unskilled one.
2) The time invested in mapping a system should provide a tactical advantage to the scanner.

Scanning is a risk, every second your probes are out effectively shouts out to the system "Hi guys!!!! I'm here!!!" Making scanning easier or quicker closes the gap between skilled scanners and unskilled ones and is effectively rewarding bad behaviour (bad scanning habits) with reduced risk.

Someone who has taken the time to map every sig in system essentially has a "home advantage". He can hunt visitors without them realizing they are being hunted, as he can check sites without resorting to (combat) probes. The moment everyone can easily map out a system in very little time, this advantage is lost. Your suggestions are effectively removing a reward for time spent.
Intana Kreis
The Red Circle Inc.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#32 - 2015-09-06 08:53:14 UTC
Zosius wrote:
Andrew Jester wrote:

You can do exactly the same thing with combat probes - and do it with one hit as long as the system isn't bigger than 64au, and it saves having to put out another set of probes to scan with.

There are more data and clashes with the new frig holes, but in essence http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/dsp/wormhole.html remains as correct as ever.
Jake Hicks
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#33 - 2015-09-06 09:18:53 UTC
goodlady Smith wrote:
Going against the grain but automated scanning with a hefty timer penalty (15min) would be a bonus

Yes sometimes you need an 'I win' button there's too many empty holes

Will be the day I'm leaving wormhole space and EVE altogether..
Bobb Bobbington
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#34 - 2015-09-06 15:29:41 UTC
To the people talking about fixing data sites, some food for thought...

The problem with making all sites good, is that it no longer becomes exploration. It changes from "I found 6 relic sites today!" To "I ran 6 sites today..." If every signature was profitable, then there's no fun, if you see what I mean.

I agree that the wormhole data/relic sites need some loot changes though.

This is a signature.

It has a 25m signature.

No it's not a cosmic signature.

Probably.

Btw my corp's recruiting.

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2015-09-06 16:33:46 UTC
Hacking is a SP sink ... IMO either CCP should combine relics/datas into one profession or make the data sites worth running compared to relics. Scanning is mainly OK, I understand there needs to be some time sink, e.g. that you can only preserve the progress on one sig. The only thing which concerns me, is the upcoming change to fleet warps, which will make traveling fleets on safes or on grid uncatchable by probers.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Previous page12