These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tried to kill a Mobile Depot..

Author
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#21 - 2015-08-25 02:29:55 UTC
i have only seen the eve community agree on a handfull of things and those are,

the old moa was hidious
the new domi is gorgeous
shoot at the Russians
Bellatrix Invicta
Doomheim
#22 - 2015-08-25 03:25:28 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
i have only seen the eve community agree on a handfull of things and those are,

the old moa was hidious
the new domi is gorgeous
shoot at the Russians

Even NRDS shoot Russians. Always shoot the Russians.

If you think you've won, think again.

The CODE always wins.

Altony Compagno
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2015-08-25 04:05:39 UTC
Lessons learned during today's play:

*Like the Terminus signs in The Walking Dead, mobile depot spam will not lead you to the promise land.

*NPC convoy ships literally carry garbage. And milk. On the same ship. If you are lucky you will find spirits that can be sold for pitiful cash.

*It takes a LOT of bullets to kill an NPC hauler ship. So many that I ran out when it was almost dead.

*Asking a local to bring you ammo and dump it in space actually works. He tried to be tricksy and didn't abandon the ammo at first, but I am a noob, not a rube. Ha ha!

*It is not worth spending all of your ISK on ammo to blow up NPC Convoys unless you have a ship that can haul away the proceeds. Doh.

Ok.. back to the career guys I guess!
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2015-08-25 14:51:31 UTC
Hey, I never tried to kill an NPC hauler (outside mission), didn't know they have at least some loot ...

I'm my own NPC alt.

Cara Forelli
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2015-08-25 18:01:22 UTC
You are going to do very well here. Don't hesitate to ask us anything, we want to see people like you stick around. Big smile

Want to talk? Join my channel in game: House Forelli

Titan's Lament

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#26 - 2015-08-25 18:09:23 UTC
As I considered sending the OP some ISK to fund ships as a thank you for being the right kind of newbie, I immediately wondered if this is just a donation scam by a vet.

Look at how paranoid a few years around you people has made me.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#27 - 2015-08-25 18:38:38 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
As I considered sending the OP some ISK to fund ships as a thank you for being the right kind of newbie, I immediately wondered if this is just a donation scam by a vet.

no need, i sent him a little (which he should spend on skill books,hint hint)
Altony Compagno
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2015-08-25 19:13:55 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

no need, i sent him a little (which he should spend on skill books,hint hint)

Thank you, publically, for that. I didn't know if you'd say anything here and didn't want to be the one to mention it.

As we discussed.. for all of the future employer lookey-loo's who see the donation on my record.. this is where/why/when!

Lol

As for you, Sonya, I am not looking for donations, just tips/tricks. I may be new, but I am equally paranoid about having strangers names in my financial history if it will scare away any future work.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#29 - 2015-08-25 21:45:50 UTC
Oh no worries mate, I actually put more on your head than I gave you Twisted(to help with the reputationBlink)
don't worry, bountys have no in game impact whatsoever beyond bragging rights.
But yeah as we discussed, skills would be a great investment at this point.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#30 - 2015-08-25 23:21:25 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:

I killed a brand new character in lowsec the other day, I was worried about the same thing. oh well whats a few mil if it might help a new player stick around.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Altony Compagno
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2015-08-26 21:32:29 UTC
Lessons learned the last two days:

*Patience is not my strong suit, but I am learning. As I can't fit much in the way of armor, guns, or the other things referenced in the rifter video, I wait.

*Waiting doesn't have to entail sitting in station.

*If you make a Russian angry enough, they will try to kill you and are blown up by concord.

*You really have to be on the ball to kill someone in their pod after their ship blows up. Criminal status turns passers-by into gunslingers. I am looking at you, Seth Tonic.

*I now have a killright. I relish using it. A week in and I feel like I am developing an arch-nemesis relationship with the angry russian. So fun.

Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#32 - 2015-08-26 21:54:30 UTC
Best to sell the kill right. Make it publicly available, at a price that makes you money but is high enough that someone will want to spend on it.

Then, sometime in the next 30 days, you'll get a lovely evemail and some more padding to your wallet.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#33 - 2015-08-26 22:25:53 UTC
Altony Compagno wrote:

*If you make a Russian angry enough, they will try to kill you and are blown up by concord.

The next trophy you will get is your first hate mail written in Russian. My last one was 100% worth the time it took to use google translate and find out I'm apparently a ****
Deuce McGuilicuddy
Jebediah's Minimally Invasive Salvage and Recovery
#34 - 2015-08-27 09:29:51 UTC
Can confirm, Russian hate mails are some of the funniest things one can experience. They either have some of the funniest insults on earth that I just don't get, or google translate borked their words into hilarity. Either way, never not shoot the Russians.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#35 - 2015-08-27 10:30:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
dude would you do us a favour and pop your api into https://zkillboard.com or http://eve.battleclinic.com/killboard/ so we can monitor your adventures

Edit: and by that i mean kills and losses, much like the link in my sig
Altony Compagno
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2015-08-27 15:36:45 UTC
I chose zkillboard.com. Is that one the preferred one to use?

Oh, and I have my first death up already. Go me.

I had found a glacial belt, when I came upon it I was in suspect status from earlier shenanigans, taking ore from a container that wasn't mine and looting wrecks and stuff.

There was a retriever ship there mining, and it had drones out and locked me up. This may or may not have been after I swooped around in some, locked up the drones, and generally tried to get him angry. Alas, he was French, and not Russian, so he wouldn't actually shoot.

Then came a german. I was not ready for that. Being in suspect status I knew I was fair game, but I guess I didnt understand cloaking very well because out of nowhere a guy in a Hound locked me up, scrambled me, and unleashed torpedos.

Of course, the Frenchman started to shoot at that point.

I was able to get out of their in my capsule to live another day. Unfortunately I didnt get a kill right on the german. Is that because I was in suspect status?

Paranoid Loyd
#37 - 2015-08-27 15:53:10 UTC
Yes to both questions.

Go Altony! More shenanigans!

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#38 - 2015-08-27 16:15:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
Bombers don't do squat for damage agianst frigate hulls. If you had been fit properly you would have been able to win that fight.

You should pretty much always have a propulsion module fit and if you're doing suspect shenanigans in highsec your fit should generally emphasize tank.

Fit an afterburner and armor rigs and that kind of situation will work out a lot better. Also people who fly bombers in highsec are bad, you probably weren't even warp disrupted during that.

Ice belts are a great place for that kind of stuff though, you just need to be prepared and to maintain a high level of situational awareness with regards to the ships present.
Altony Compagno
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2015-08-27 16:33:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Altony Compagno
Well it certainly did enough against a clueless noob in his first fight.

I had turned on my armor repairer, but I dont think I did so soon enough. I was so excited that I was shot at, thinking it was the retriever, then when I realized there was another ship there I didn't have long enough to figure out what was going on, unlock the retriever and drone, and lock the hound up or anything.

When I realized I was dying I tried to warp away and it was telling me something was preventing it. I assumed it was the hound.

I didnt have the skill trained for the warpdrive when I left the station earlier. I had planned to have one there. I will go with an afterburner instead, it may actually fit better. Thanks for the advice with the rig selection.

I'd watched a youtube video and built the ship exactly how they did. I just didnt fly it exactly how he did. Ha ha.

Now as I am thinking about it, I wonder if I actually agressed the retriever on accident when the hound started shooting at me. When I went back later concord was in the belt. It was like 25 minutes later, but they werent there earlier. If they showed up and disrupted me for aggressing (web and scrambled) the retriever at the same time as the hound was shooting at me, would they be on the killmail?

I will definitely be more prepared next time! Thank you.
Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2015-08-27 16:37:00 UTC
I love it.

Go Altony go!

Grrr.