These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Empress Jamyl I is dead.

Author
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2015-08-21 23:56:40 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:
It was our Empress who was slain, look to your own borders Gallentean. The Empire will no longer defend against the Drifter threat, we will take the fight to them. God wills it!

How, precisely?

You have no idea where they base from. Every single fight the Empire has gotten into with them has resulted in horrific losses even if the Drifters were eventually chased off - I should know, I helped out during one such incursion. Bar today's events, all Drifter incursions thus far seem to have been probing exercises with no clear goal other than to test responses. Once the Drifters formulated a clear goal - in this case, the death of your Empress - its execution took less than a minute. Jamyl was already dead before Afod Hokshmi issued orders acknowledging their presence, and gone before the Imperial Navy could respond. Note that they didn't even defeat your defence fleet - they ignored it.

Blindly throwing yourself at the Drifters out of rage and bravado is sheer vanity and will avail you nothing, much less the rest of the cluster.

You represent the cowardice of all your race.

The Empire will bring it's mighty war machine to bare on the abominations, you mark my words.

If you are not with us, you are with the Drifters.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#42 - 2015-08-22 00:05:11 UTC
Darkon Gatland wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:
It was our Empress who was slain, look to your own borders Gallentean. The Empire will no longer defend against the Drifter threat, we will take the fight to them. God wills it!

How, precisely?

You have no idea where they base from. Every single fight the Empire has gotten into with them has resulted in horrific losses even if the Drifters were eventually chased off - I should know, I helped out during one such incursion. Bar today's events, all Drifter incursions thus far seem to have been probing exercises with no clear goal other than to test responses. Once the Drifters formulated a clear goal - in this case, the death of your Empress - its execution took less than a minute. Jamyl was already dead before Afod Hokshmi issued orders acknowledging their presence, and gone before the Imperial Navy could respond. Note that they didn't even defeat your defence fleet - they ignored it.

Blindly throwing yourself at the Drifters out of rage and bravado is sheer vanity and will avail you nothing, much less the rest of the cluster.

The Empire will bring it's mighty war machine to bare on the abominations, you mark my words.

Your empire can feel free to shoot blindly into space in all directions. Can you say exactly where they are? Then how can you bring this fight to them? Information's kinda important, and you don't seem to have any.

Good luck...
Roll
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#43 - 2015-08-22 00:11:35 UTC
Darkon Gatland wrote:

Cowardice? I'm ready to fight the Drifters if a tactic that doesn't involve clogging their guns with the wrecks of our ships is suggested. As for the Empire's "mighty war machine" - well, the best it's done so far is lose tens of thousands of crewmen and one Empress to the Drifters while inflicting no significant losses upon them.

And let me respond to "if you aren't with us, you're against us" by informing you that that mentality will only gain you more enemies in a time when you sorely need friends.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Arrendis
TK Corp
#44 - 2015-08-22 00:12:14 UTC
Darkon Gatland wrote:

You couldn't even bring your mighty war machines to bear on the abominations that were on-grid. Pray, how will you point your lasers at the ones you can't see?
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#45 - 2015-08-22 00:17:04 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:

How, precisely?

Your empire can feel free to shoot blindly into space in all directions. Can you say exactly where they are? Then how can you bring this fight to them? Information's kinda important, and you don't seem to have any.

Good luck...
Roll

We shall find where they reside Matarian our clerics will track them down like Jamyl hunted down your fleets during her second coming.
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#46 - 2015-08-22 00:19:41 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:

Cowardice? I'm ready to fight the Drifters if a tactic that doesn't involve clogging their guns with the wrecks of our ships is suggested. As for the Empire's "mighty war machine" - well, the best it's done so far is lose tens of thousands of crewmen and one Empress to the Drifters while inflicting no significant losses upon them.

And let me respond to "if you aren't with us, you're against us" by informing you that that mentality will only gain you more enemies in a time when you sorely need friends.

All true Amarrians will gladly lay down their lives for the righteous cause of our Lord. Millions may die before the end but those that do will find paradise everlasting.

God wills it!
Ertur Adestur
Hek Xplo Ltd
#47 - 2015-08-22 00:21:35 UTC
Andreus Ixiris, I agree with what you write here. This is a time to set aside differences and unite.

Though remember, you're arguing with a single capsuleer. Sometimes it's better to save ones breath for more appropriate efforts.
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#48 - 2015-08-22 00:22:08 UTC
The Elder Fleets weren't particularly hard to find, given that they were parked in various systems in the Throne Worlds orbitally bombarding your planets. They were also battlefleets operating without a home base. The Drifters, meanwhile, have manufacturing and logistical capability equivalent to a large nullsec empire and have so far not had the courtesy to be particularly forthcoming about where their high-value command assets are located.

You put too much faith in entirely untested assumptions.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Anslo
Scope Works
#49 - 2015-08-22 00:22:22 UTC
Let them all burn Ixiris. **** em.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#50 - 2015-08-22 00:22:59 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:

Uh-- respectfully, Mr. Ixiris, maybe it's a bad idea to argue with an angry Amarrian right now?

They're not exactly at their best in this situation.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#51 - 2015-08-22 00:24:33 UTC
Darkon Gatland wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:

How, precisely?

Good luck...
Roll

We shall find where they reside Matarian our clerics will track them down like Jamyl hunted down your fleets during her second coming.

Well, me being an innocent minded matari I forget, was that before or after she said the age of slavery was coming towards an end and ordered many to be freed? I just don't recall much hunting is all...
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2015-08-22 00:27:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkon Gatland
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
The Elder Fleets weren't particularly hard to find, given that they were parked in various systems in the Throne Worlds orbitally bombarding your planets. They were also battlefleets operating without a home base. The Drifters, meanwhile, have manufacturing and logistical capability equivalent to a large nullsec empire and have so far not had the courtesy to be particularly forthcoming about where their high-value command assets are located.

You put too much faith in entirely untested assumptions.

I put my faith in the one true God. As do billions of our people. We shall be guided by his hand to whatever foul place these abominations reside.

The Empress will be avenged, God wills it!
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
Stay Feral
#53 - 2015-08-22 00:30:56 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Let them all burn Ixiris. **** em.

Perhaps if I didn't think letting the Empire burn might also mean letting the Federation burn along with it, I might be more inclined to do that, Anslo. Unfortunately neither my conscience nor my pragmatism allows me to do that.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#54 - 2015-08-22 00:35:50 UTC
This is not the Age of Enlightenment, Amarrians, this is the beginning of the Age of Devastation!

I urge our Federation leaders to make good with agreement and an alliance with these Drifters.
We can come to an understanding with them!

Ginia Itonula
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#55 - 2015-08-22 00:38:07 UTC
It appears that with confirmation of the death of the Empress, my skepticism proved unwarranted.

Despite our differences in spirituality, I do hope for the best for the people of the Amarr Empire in their time of crisis.
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2015-08-22 00:42:06 UTC
Ginia Itonula wrote:
It appears that with confirmation of the death of the Empress, my skepticism proved unwarranted.

Despite our differences in spirituality, I do hope for the best for the people of the Amarr Empire in their time of crisis.

I thank you friend. I hope we can rely on the support of the Caldari State in the near future.
Arrendis
TK Corp
#57 - 2015-08-22 00:44:57 UTC
Ertur Adestur wrote:
Andreus Ixiris, I agree with what you write here. This is a time to set aside differences and unite.

Not under their banner. If they want aid against the Drifters, let them ask for it, and offer their support to an independent force.
Ertur Adestur
Hek Xplo Ltd
#58 - 2015-08-22 00:55:35 UTC
Arrendis wrote:

Not under their banner. If they want aid against the Drifters, let them ask for it, and offer their support to an independent force.

I wasn't thinking of pledging allegiance to the Empire. It simply seems as the Drifters are presently the greater threat to all the cluster, and joint effort is called for. Who would call the meeting of the nations?

Perhaps CONCORD can be put to good use.
Ginia Itonula
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#59 - 2015-08-22 00:57:36 UTC
Ertur Adestur wrote:
Perhaps CONCORD can be put to good use.

You know what they say: There's a first time for everything.
Gorion Wassenar
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#60 - 2015-08-22 00:59:59 UTC
A noteworthy turn of events. As some have mentioned elsewhere, if you are not holding the line, finding where they are coming from would be the best next course of action.

Rote Kapelle - NOW IN SLIGHTLY MORE LAW ABIDING FLAVOR!

"DRINK STARSI!" ©®™Ownership Group Chairman