These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Empress Jamyl I is dead.

Author
Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#21 - 2015-08-21 20:06:16 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
Arrendis wrote:

As for The Scope: those of us on-field saw the pod get hit. Bets on it being tougher than the Seraph?

Saw a pod get destroyed, that is all. Is it angainst sanctimony to have a fleshy piece of soulless clonemeat be destroyed?

Funny story...... Yes.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-08-21 20:06:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Reese
Yockerbow wrote:
A sad event, and an omen of a nasty future.

Not so much from the Drifters, I think. They've been found all over but contained their main combat operations to Amarr space. Looks like they smelled something rotten and are trying to figure out the extent of contamination.

No, the fear lies in the idiocy that will be done in religious fervor by the Empire. Empress Jamyl was if anything a moderating influence; I fear in grief and rage the Imperial Pendulum will swing too far the other way and catch billions in its path.

Then lead. Become the strongest beacon in the cosmos. Is hard to stop a pendulum, but at the height of the swing, even a small tap can change its direction greatly. But that moment is brief....

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Goldfinch
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2015-08-21 20:14:28 UTC

A gallery of events for anyone who was not present to witness the Empress's passing. We have given credit for those images our own camera drones did not capture.

We are filled with sorrow to have captured the exact moment Bishop Alizebeth Amalath's heart broke, today.

\J/

veiled and bound

my origin story (on eve-backstage)

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#24 - 2015-08-21 20:36:54 UTC
I have picked up on some bits and pieces of phrases in ancient vernacular over the years, mainly from archeological work.

The term that would apply here at this point is "it's on".

The action was carried out a if it were a personal vendetta. The best and worst times to be a capsuleer are upon us.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Yadaryon Vondawn
Vicanthya
#25 - 2015-08-21 20:47:02 UTC
In light of earlier events, where it turned out she was not dead after all, I took the liberty of asking one of my locator agents if they could trace her presence. Let me directly quote my agent:

"She is at Chaven VIII - Moon 1 - Imperial Academy station in the Chaven system, Parud constellation of Domain region."

I guess we will have to wait for either a official confirmation of her dead or a new Minmatar invasion for her to come around.

Time will tell
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2015-08-21 21:44:51 UTC
I am making my way to join the search and rescue mission, I implore you all to join the effort.
Arrendis
TK Corp
#27 - 2015-08-21 21:46:02 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
More correct broadcasting would only say that the ship believed to be carrying the empress was destroyed. Anything else is sensationalization.

CONCORD-mandated identification factors are, so far as are aware, not falsifiable.
Arrendis
TK Corp
#28 - 2015-08-21 21:49:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Arrendis
Darkon Gatland wrote:
I am making my way to join the search and rescue mission, I implore you all to join the effort.

Search and rescue... at a station? At the distance the TES Seraph was from the Amarr Navy facility, any lifepods for the crew have long-since docked.
Andreus Ixiris
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-08-21 22:12:40 UTC
Given that there were only about ten seconds between the Drifters' arrival on grid and the Seraph's destruction, I'd estimate that only people who were right next to the lifepod doors when the proximity alarm sounded would even have had time to get in them, let alone initiate the launch sequence - and that's being generous enough to assume that the Seraph's XO even had time to set Condition One throughout the ship.

For comparison, the reason so many survivors were rescued from the Shiigeru was because its demise had been forseen many minutes in advance, giving a lot of the crew enough time to complete evacuation proceedures.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#30 - 2015-08-21 22:26:13 UTC
Yadaryon Vondawn wrote:
In light of earlier events, where it turned out she was not dead after all, I took the liberty of asking one of my locator agents if they could trace her presence. Let me directly quote my agent:

"She is at Chaven VIII - Moon 1 - Imperial Academy station in the Chaven system, Parud constellation of Domain region."

I guess we will have to wait for either a official confirmation of her dead or a new Minmatar invasion for her to come around.

Time will tell

Official confirmation.
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2015-08-21 22:41:01 UTC
The Abominations will pay for this. It is time for a crusade against those who oppose the empire.

God Wills it!
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2015-08-21 22:56:27 UTC
Does this mean the amarrians now have to say Hail Emperor Maximillian Singularity the VI First is his Name?

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2015-08-21 23:08:46 UTC
Darkon Gatland wrote:
The Abominations will pay for this. It is time for a crusade against those who oppose the empire.

I'll take this particular comment as an excuse to say something to all Imperial capsuleers.

I have no reason to mourn for Jamyl Sarum, but I won't speak ill of her at this time. I understand your grief, even if I don't share in it. But I urge you - remain calm. Do not panic or lash out. The Drifters strength lies as much in their unity of purpose as in their technology. New Eden cannot be united in leadership, but to effectively combat this bizarre and mysterious threat we will need to be similarly united in purpose. The Drifters demonstrated today that they possess unspeakable power - they can simply walk into a system and assassinate one of the most powerful individuals in the cluster cooly, calmly, without any fanfare or grandstanding and leave as quickly as they came.

This is not Sansha Kuvakei who would clog up local with badly-written, self-aggrandizing novellas. This is not something that can be threatened, or intimidated, or even communicated with in any meaningful way. They do not fear the Imperial Navy, nor apparently do they fear capsuleers or even death itself. They are not something that can be opposed with our current technology without horrendous rates of attrition. As it currently stands - as was aptly demonstrated today - if they wish to destroy something, they will destroy it.

Faith in God alone will not stop the Drifters. I'm sorry to say it but if you wait around for God to deliver you from this threat, there'll be no-one left to save. If you wish to honour your God, to honour the Empire, to honour the memory of your Empress, search for weaknesses. Fight alongside the other pilots of New Eden. If you possess scientific acumen, search for answers to the Drifters' terrible technological power.

We must all hang together, or we will asuredly hang seperately.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Aria Jenneth
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#34 - 2015-08-21 23:18:22 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:

Or, as seems more likely, get reduced to clouds of free-floating particles.

Otherwise, that was well said, Mr. Ixiris.
Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2015-08-21 23:18:31 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:

I'll take this particular comment as an excuse to say something to all Imperial capsuleers.

I have no reason to mourn for Jamyl Sarum, but I won't speak ill of her at this time. I understand your grief, even if I don't share in it. But I urge you - remain calm. Do not panic or lash out. The Drifters strength lies as much in their unity of purpose as in their technology. New Eden cannot be united in leadership, but to effectively combat this bizarre and mysterious threat we will need to be similarly united in purpose. The Drifters demonstrated today that they possess unspeakable power - they can simply walk into a system and assassinate one of the most powerful individuals in the cluster cooly, calmly, without any fanfare or grandstanding and leave as quickly as they came.

This is not Sansha Kuvakei who would clog up local with badly-written, self-aggrandizing novellas. This is not something that can be threatened, or intimidated, or even communicated with in any meaningful way. They do not fear the Imperial Navy, nor apparently do they fear capsuleers or even death itself. They are not something that can be opposed with our current technology without horrendous rates of attrition. As it currently stands - as was aptly demonstrated today - if they wish to destroy something, they will destroy it.

Faith in God alone will not stop the Drifters. I'm sorry to say it but if you wait around for God to deliver you from this threat, there'll be no-one left to save. If you wish to honour your God, to honour the Empire, to honour the memory of your Empress, search for weaknesses. Fight alongside the other pilots of New Eden. If you possess scientific acumen, search for answers to the Drifters' terrible technological power.

The only answer, Gallentean, is their utter destruction. We shall purge them from the cluster, along with any who stand in our way...
Quattras Peione
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2015-08-21 23:24:21 UTC
I couldn't have said it better myself, Andreus. Thank you.

I am receiving conflicting reports regarding the events that transpired regarding the Empress' body. The official narrative was originally that the Tyrannos took it, but I have heard from several pilots who were within a few kilometers of the engagement that a neutral frigate scooped it and retreated. Can anyone confirm either way?

If a capsuleer holds the body, they are in possession of arguably the most coveted object in the cluster, but will also be the most hunted individual in recent memory.

Dr. Quattras Alvar Peione

No, I'm not that kind of doctor.

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-08-21 23:27:52 UTC
Darkon Gatland wrote:
The only answer, Gallentean, is their utter destruction. We shall purge them from the cluster, along with any who stand in our way...

Sentiments and veiled threats like this help no-one. Either the cluster co-operates and we find some way to push back the Drifters, or we fight each other and they win.

The choice really is yours. If you choose to turn against the only potential allies you might have in this fight, you have doomed not just yourself, not just the Empire, but the entire cluster. The Drifters have demonstrated that they do not know fear. They can slip past any defence as if it were not there. They can obliterate even the largest capital ships without only a token effort. They have the manufacturing capacity to turn out thousands of ships that are more than a match for any ship currently available to capsuleers in New Eden. Even if they fall their superweapon allows them to destroy subcapital ships that oppose them on a nearly 1-for-1 loss ratio. This is not something the Empire can fight simply by throwing everything they have at it - and you certainly can't afford to be starting wars with the rest of the cluster, either.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Darkon Gatland
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2015-08-21 23:35:34 UTC
Andreus Ixiris wrote:
Darkon Gatland wrote:

Sentiments and veiled threats like this help no-one. Either the cluster co-operates and we find some way to push back the Drifters, or we fight each other and they win.

The choice really is yours. If you choose to turn against the only potential allies you might have in this fight, you have doomed not just yourself, not just the Empire, but the entire cluster. The Drifters have demonstrated that they do not know fear. They can slip past any defence as if it were not there. They can obliterate even the largest capital ships without only a token effort. They have the manufacturing capacity to turn out thousands of ships that are more than a match for any ship currently available to capsuleers in New Eden. Even if they fall their superweapon allows them to destroy subcapital ships that oppose them on a nearly 1-for-1 loss ratio. This is not something the Empire can fight simply by throwing everything they have at it - and you certainly can't afford to be starting wars with the rest of the cluster, either.

It was our Empress who was slain, look to your own borders Gallentean. The Empire will no longer defend against the Drifter threat, we will take the fight to them. God wills it!
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#39 - 2015-08-21 23:41:24 UTC
Considering the usual goings on regarding ascension and the kind of people in and out of power involved who will want to take over the throne, I think the biggest immediate threat to the Empire is not Drifters at this time.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Andreus Ixiris
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2015-08-21 23:45:56 UTC
Darkon Gatland wrote:
It was our Empress who was slain, look to your own borders Gallentean. The Empire will no longer defend against the Drifter threat, we will take the fight to them. God wills it!

How, precisely?

You have no idea where they base from. Every single fight the Empire has gotten into with them has resulted in horrific losses even if the Drifters were eventually chased off - I should know, I helped out during one such incursion. Bar today's events, all Drifter incursions thus far seem to have been probing exercises with no clear goal other than to test responses. Once the Drifters formulated a clear goal - in this case, the death of your Empress - its execution took less than a minute. Jamyl was already dead before Afod Hokshmi issued orders acknowledging their presence, and gone before the Imperial Navy could respond. Note that they didn't even defeat your defence fleet - they ignored it.

Blindly throwing yourself at the Drifters out of rage and bravado is sheer vanity and will avail you nothing, much less the rest of the cluster.

Andreus Ixiris > ...