These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

AT XIII RULING: Together We Solo vs Gone Critical - Team Warp-in

First post
Author
mallebrok silvestine
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#81 - 2015-08-16 10:40:24 UTC
You break the rules YOU LOOSE

It is

As Simple As That.
Archeras Umangiar
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere.
We're all going to die.
#82 - 2015-08-16 10:40:45 UTC
CCP Logibro wrote:
Hey Guys

In match 14 between Together We Solo and Gone Critical, the Together We Solo team warped onto the field at 100km. The rules state that teams must warp in at a maximum of 50km.

In this case, the breach in the rules was not picked up by the referee, and the match played out with the Together We Solo team winning the match.

After review and discussion by the tournament team, we have decided to let the result of the match stand. We now have plans in place to improve the check for this in the tournament referee tools by the second weekend of play at latest.



i am the co-captain for Nihilists social club.

Can CCP start to take this tourny seriously?

1. The number of rule breaks that haven't been punished is ... scary; to say the least.
2. No duality (i guess you cant do anything about that, but maybe we could have got access to the 3rd test server?) or you could have had Jove space systems running and closed to other teams for the participants. i mean they where a found work around for that.
3. The fact that the first week isnt properly streamed by CCP itself kinda confirmed my accusation.

i dont mean it bad, but that is how it makes CCP look like with all those **** up's/missing things
Zen Guerrilla
CTRL-Q
#83 - 2015-08-16 11:05:04 UTC
What a **** show.

"Those guys broke the rules and won, it's all good."

pew pew

TrickyBlackSteel
Providing of the first medical aid
Quote Alliance
#84 - 2015-08-16 11:15:01 UTC
just disqualify ,thats all,why bother..
Mai Khumm
172.0.0.1
#85 - 2015-08-16 11:30:09 UTC
Way to lower your standards!

*claps*
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#86 - 2015-08-16 11:31:34 UTC
This is an extremely disappointing ruling on CCP's part.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Brainiac Avada
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#87 - 2015-08-16 11:35:42 UTC
Let the losing team decide if they want a rematch. If they do, it should be arranged, and the outcome should trump the standing ruling. If the current ruling stands, CCP will continue down this descending spiral they keep throwing their selves down, as being lazy and unwilling to listen to the community. After all, who makes you your money?

On a side note, this was the first tournament I've watched. And I must say, the coverage was horrible. In this day and age of gaming, with a game as big as Eve is, we need professional commentary. I watched Sirsqueebles' stream, they did the best with what they had, and it was great. But the ACTUAL stream was very poorly executed.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

Gritz1
Ice Fire Warriors
Wild Geese.
#88 - 2015-08-16 11:47:36 UTC
So uh, Jita monument? I'll bring the pitch forks.
C' Luigi
Tr0pa de elite.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#89 - 2015-08-16 11:47:46 UTC
CCP Logibro wrote:
Hey Guys

In match 14 between Together We Solo and Gone Critical, the Together We Solo team warped onto the field at 100km. The rules state that teams must warp in at a maximum of 50km.

In this case, the breach in the rules was not picked up by the referee, and the match played out with the Together We Solo team winning the match.

After review and discussion by the tournament team, we have decided to let the result of the match stand. We now have plans in place to improve the check for this in the tournament referee tools by the second weekend of play at latest.



Buddy, you just wrote on behalf of all ccp , that you made a HUUUUUGE mistake on not seeing that one team made a hard rule violation, and on top of all that, that you are incompetent , you are letting it go just like that, another ignorant decision.
I just wanna say, i dont have any interest of winning either of these two teams, i just hate the injustice.
And that not just injustice, your now making the precedent, and a big space for mistakes on any other team in future, they can just break the rule and call for this specific case.

PUNISH THE RULE BREAKERS PERIOD!

If you dont have a solution for this disgrace, dont go to ppl and tell them how you letting someone who broke the rules to just go unpunished, just repeat the match.

People are laughing to you.
gascanu
Bearing Srl.
#90 - 2015-08-16 11:56:22 UTC
QUESTION FOR CCP:
what will happen if another team warp to the field at 100km? "by mistake" ofc
handige harrie
Vereenigde Handels Compagnie
#91 - 2015-08-16 12:03:57 UTC  |  Edited by: handige harrie
gascanu wrote:
QUESTION FOR CCP:
what will happen if another team warp to the field at 100km? "by mistake" ofc


nothing really, they can't treat another team differently based on the same rules. As long as you say it was an 'accident'. That is the issue with this ruling.

Baddest poster ever

Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#92 - 2015-08-16 12:12:03 UTC
Officer Nyota Uhura wrote:
The level of childishness in this thread makes me all giddy. "Well now you gave PL the permission to drop their super fleet." No they didn't. "Now people can use 6% implants." No they can't. "Now you can drop a triage archon there." No you can't. One referee missed a call, that's that. In what sports a bad referee call leads to changing the rules? That's just dumb talk out of your ass.

I'd like to see a world cup soccer game re-played because the referee did a minor mistake. I'd like to see olympics ice hockey game result declared invalid because referee didn't notice a bad substitution at some point.

But please go on making yourselves look silly; your tears keep the rest of us fueled.


I agree with this guy. Y'all are being dumb babbies.

However I would suggest that like in real-world sports where a refereee misses a foul or other incident, a penalty could be applied retrospectively to the side that infringed the rules - a "heal to 50%" applied at the beginning of the next match, or mandating that against their next opponents the team must warp at a specific range (and making this known to all in advance), or a one-match suspension for the player who initiated the warp are all examples of things that can be done now without the hassle and disruption of a full rematch. There are options on the table if CCP wants to fix this.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Brainiac Avada
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2015-08-16 12:57:23 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
I would suggest that like in real-world sports where a refereee misses a foul or other incident, a penalty could be applied retrospectively to the side that infringed the rules - a "heal to 50%" applied at the beginning of the next match, or mandating that against their next opponents the team must warp at a specific range (and making this known to all in advance), or a one-match suspension for the player who initiated the warp are all examples of things that can be done now without the hassle and disruption of a full rematch. There are options on the table if CCP wants to fix this.



I actually think these are some good options.

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#94 - 2015-08-16 13:42:40 UTC
Both teams were contacted before the ruling was made (Together We Solo was informed, but did not respond before the ruling was made public). Neither team has contested the ruling or otherwise asked us to review our decision, so the original decision stands.

This was a case of a referee mistake, and we are working hard to make sure this doesn't happen again. We don't like it when we miss things anymore than you guys do.

We are still considering providing compensation for losses to both teams (Gone Critical and Nulli Secunda) that were affected by referee error yesterday, but no decision has been made on the matter yet.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

John Blathos
Motiveless Malignity
Deepwater Hooligans
#95 - 2015-08-16 13:50:04 UTC
Setting "we didn't notice at the time so it is allowed" as the precedent is an exceptionally ******** idea.



Either run enough tournaments that your refs can have the vaguest idea of what is actually going on in the arena or correct the mistakes they are obviously going to make.
EVE-Lotteries
EVE-Lotteries Corporation
#96 - 2015-08-16 13:54:42 UTC
There should be a rematch as the result would have been completely different !

You miss blink ? Come and play with us at EVE-Lotteries.com !

C' Luigi
Tr0pa de elite.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#97 - 2015-08-16 13:55:30 UTC
Officer Nyota Uhura wrote:
The level of childishness in this thread makes me all giddy. "Well now you gave PL the permission to drop their super fleet." No they didn't. "Now people can use 6% implants." No they can't. "Now you can drop a triage archon there." No you can't. One referee missed a call, that's that. In what sports a bad referee call leads to changing the rules? That's just dumb talk out of your ass.

I'd like to see a world cup soccer game re-played because the referee did a minor mistake. I'd like to see olympics ice hockey game result declared invalid because referee didn't notice a bad substitution at some point.

But please go on making yourselves look silly; your tears keep the rest of us fueled.



This is the stupidest thing i've ever heard, 1st of all noone is whining, because i dont really care who won the match , either 1st or 2nd team. The only thing that bothers people here is the fact that a team made a hard rule breaking and not just they didnt get punished for that, they even got their victory valid, beside the fact that distance of 100km is much more then 50km , and that makes alot of difference.
And no, this is not like a referee on a footbal match made mistake on giving penalty to one team because one of the players was simulating, this is like a referee on a footbal matched didnt notice that one team has 14 players, and other 11.

Everyone is making a big deal out of this, because this is not right thing to do. Noone's affraid of getting cheated by other team, becuase now every single team will pay attention , because ccp is incompetent of doing that, as we can all see.
Talia Soucu
Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple
#98 - 2015-08-16 14:03:35 UTC
CCP Logibro wrote:
Both teams were contacted before the ruling was made (Together We Solo was informed, but did not respond before the ruling was made public). Neither team has contested the ruling or otherwise asked us to review our decision, so the original decision stands.



That's not terribly important because the repercussions don't affect just those teams. Right now, there's no reason for any team to think that if they bring an illegal advantage (e.g. pirate implants, T2 drones), they'll get punished or that the advantage will be removed.
Scatim Helicon
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#99 - 2015-08-16 14:18:41 UTC
Talia Soucu wrote:
CCP Logibro wrote:
Both teams were contacted before the ruling was made (Together We Solo was informed, but did not respond before the ruling was made public). Neither team has contested the ruling or otherwise asked us to review our decision, so the original decision stands.



That's not terribly important because the repercussions don't affect just those teams. Right now, there's no reason for any team to think that if they bring an illegal advantage (e.g. pirate implants, T2 drones), they'll get punished or that the advantage will be removed.

Except that if teams do try to gain an unfair advantage and CCP does spot it, they'll be punished.

But hey, I encourage all participants to try to sneak something illegal past the referees today and see what happens. I will go stock up on popcorn in the meantime.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Ospie
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2015-08-16 14:44:32 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Officer Nyota Uhura wrote:
The level of childishness in this thread makes me all giddy. "Well now you gave PL the permission to drop their super fleet." No they didn't. "Now people can use 6% implants." No they can't. "Now you can drop a triage archon there." No you can't. One referee missed a call, that's that. In what sports a bad referee call leads to changing the rules? That's just dumb talk out of your ass.

I'd like to see a world cup soccer game re-played because the referee did a minor mistake. I'd like to see olympics ice hockey game result declared invalid because referee didn't notice a bad substitution at some point.

But please go on making yourselves look silly; your tears keep the rest of us fueled.


I agree with this guy. Y'all are being dumb babbies.

However I would suggest that like in real-world sports where a refereee misses a foul or other incident, a penalty could be applied retrospectively to the side that infringed the rules - a "heal to 50%" applied at the beginning of the next match, or mandating that against their next opponents the team must warp at a specific range (and making this known to all in advance), or a one-match suspension for the player who initiated the warp are all examples of things that can be done now without the hassle and disruption of a full rematch. There are options on the table if CCP wants to fix this.


Whoops, accidentally had some folk standing in the other half / brought an extra person on to the field at the start of the match of any sport would never cut it, no matter how ignorant the players are of the rules or if the ref missed it. The teams participating also have a responsibility to know the rules that they are playing under. Additionally this is giving Together We Solo complete benefit of the doubt that it was innocent / accidental, it isn't impossible for it to have been intentional.

This isn't a case of the ref missing a foul or penalty, this is the case of the match being skewed before it even began.



CCP Logibro wrote:
Both teams were contacted before the ruling was made (Together We Solo was informed, but did not respond before the ruling was made public). Neither team has contested the ruling or otherwise asked us to review our decision, so the original decision stands.


It doesn't actually matter whether Gone Critical were 'ok' with it despite being essentially double penalised for following the rules, their only crime being not noticing the infraction themselves, you're now setting a poor standard for the rest of the tournament and also allowing the potentially match changing infraction to go completely unpunished.