These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Eve and its community

First post
Author
Max Fubarticus
Raging Main
Bullets Bombs and Blondes
#41 - 2015-08-16 13:16:49 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
I checked out the World of Warships GD.

I'll be honest here. I didn't see a lot of difference in attitude from what we do here. They argue over content. They call each other idiots for liking one ship over another. They lay into the company for perceived or real flaws in content, fit or modeling. They fight over which ship is better.

I read posts that could well have been written by Kaarous, Jenn, Jen or Tippia. Nothing like what we get from UAE though. He's a pretty unique character and that's the truth.

So...no. Not much difference at all.

Mr Epeen Cool

I would say that is very true. I have not played any games other than Eve, but throughout the years, we have seen some generational shifts in the community. That said, overall we still have your typical players that lack the requisite opposable thumbs, average joes, and outright geniuses ( sadly I am not part of the later lol. ) I am sure that there is some academic who has done a "study" of gamers from the social aspect.

Civil discourse is uniquely human. After all, when is the last time a pride of lions and a herd of water buffalo negotiated SOV over a watering hole? Never. Someone either gets their ass kicked or eaten. At the end of the day someone holds SOV.

Previous page123