These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why all the hate on sov ?

Author
Black Pedro
Mine.
#21 - 2015-08-14 18:12:53 UTC
Divine Entervention wrote:
Most people are below average intelligence already, so those of us with any clue of what's going on are outnumbered.

Umm. How can "most" people be below average when by definition that category is always 50%?

But as to sov, it does appear to be a little troll-y right now but that may solve itself. I think the main consequences of these changes have not been seen yet. Some sov entities are still too big, or have too much space. When they fail, a new set of smaller players might rise from the ashes and usher in to new era of conflict, but I can see how painful and unfun this sort of contraction could be on players.

That or sov will just grind to a halt. More changes have been promised, as well as iterations on the new system so I still hope CCP will get things right in the end.
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat
#22 - 2015-08-14 18:15:17 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Pretty much all of this, especially the part about not being able to affect the process via fitting changes. In the old system you could lessen the time it took to reinforce something or repair your own something.. With this new system, the ONLY thing you can do is make it more mind-numbingly painful for the other guy.

My very 1st post in the announcement thread about this new sov system warned that CCP has a history of "throwing the baby out with the bath water" ie over-reacting to perceived ill by over-engineering the "fixes". They did this with jump changes (jump fatigue PLUS crippling jump range when one or the other would have worked fine without being suffocating) and with many other things over the course of EVE's life.

Well, it's happened again, CCP didn't look at any of the GOOD features of the previous systems , they just wiped it all clean and replaced it with a convoluted system that basically gets ignored except that FCs bring one or 2 entosis guys to 'tickle' the enemy into a fight, which generally doesn't even work.

I find most of your posts to annoy me.

This one is not so.

Not today spaghetti.

Logan Revelore
Symbiotic Systems
#23 - 2015-08-14 19:40:20 UTC
solrac lara wrote:
I hope this doesnt count as rant or crapposting is an innocent newb question why there is people compainning abaut the new sov system ? or how the old one was better ? how was the old one too? and how do you think it should work ?.

Its just that every 2 days i log in on the forums i see a post or two complainning abaut the same topic and im curious

I think that some people might feel that the new sov mechanics are artificial, implemented with a focus on game design for the sake of game design, and not so much based on what would make sense if the EVE world was real.. (yes, yes, I know it's real, but you know what I mean)
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2015-08-14 20:51:20 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
We did warn CCP about troll cepters. The jesus laser should never have been allowed on anything smaller than a cruiser.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#25 - 2015-08-14 21:31:30 UTC
Quote:

Thirty six forum regulars having the same fight over and over, thread after thread is not really indicative of the player base as a whole.

Most people really don't give a rat's ass one way or the other. Sov simply doesn't affect the majority of players.

Mr Epeen Cool
Syn Shi
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#26 - 2015-08-14 21:59:00 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
Lazy fat vets ... have put so many walls in place ...
You contradict yourself.

Build wall, sit back and get lazy and fat.

No contradiction. Just you not thinking it through.
Snowmann
Arrow Industries
#27 - 2015-08-14 22:08:55 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
You contradict yourself.

Build wall, sit back and get lazy and fat.

No contradiction. Just you not thinking it through.

Or those who fear a loosening grip of their imagined power.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#28 - 2015-08-14 22:23:07 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
We did warn CCP about troll cepters. The jesus laser should never have been allowed on anything smaller than a cruiser.

Personally, I would still say battlecruiser, functionally anyway. It should be cripplingly hard to fit on a cruiser, and a battlecruiser should have it's role bonus applied to fitting it.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Max Fubarticus
K Diamond Holding LTD.
Bullets Bombs and Blondes
#29 - 2015-08-14 22:57:39 UTC
solrac lara wrote:
I hope this doesnt count as rant or crapposting is an innocent newb question why there is people compainning abaut the new sov system ? or how the old one was better ? how was the old one too? and how do you think it should work ?.

Its just that every 2 days i log in on the forums i see a post or two complainning abaut the same topic and im curious

If you are indeed a new player in Eve, then it is certainly a valid question. The "you broke MY game" mantra is as old as Eve itself. Ask anyone who has played for any length of time, and you will get just as many reasons why the game is failing, broke, doomed, or any other form of quality analysis ( quality is very subjective ). Example: I feel that the entosis link mechanic is a goof ball approach to challenging Sov. But that is just my opinion. There may be better ways or worse ways to challenge Sov. You simply can't make everyone happy all the time. Sooo... I just accept it for what it is, move on and adapt. I like the challenge of trying to make something out of nothing.

Welcome to the Eve Community!
Big smile

Civil discourse is uniquely human. After all, when is the last time a pride of lions and a herd of water buffalo negotiated SOV over a watering hole? Never. Someone either gets their ass kicked or eaten. At the end of the day someone holds SOV.

Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#30 - 2015-08-14 22:58:38 UTC
Basically they turned boring structure shooting into something more boring, which is quite impressive honestly.

Not having to reload/cycle/retarget is nice though. You can watch TV with far fewer interruptions.
rofflesausage
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2015-08-14 23:01:43 UTC
solrac lara wrote:
and how do you think it should work ?.

It's never worked. It should just be removed and brand new game mechanics introduced that doesn't involve 'owning' space.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#32 - 2015-08-14 23:31:03 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
You contradict yourself.
Build wall, sit back and get lazy and fat. No contradiction. Just you not thinking it through.
Putting many walls in place is not lazy.
Maintaining many walls is not lazy.

Blame the people for building great sand castles...
... or blame the beach for not having enough places to gather the sand and have more people building sand castles to rival those.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

OldWolf69
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#33 - 2015-08-15 00:00:23 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:
Lazy fat vets unwilling to do what they are suppose to do in the sandbox, create their own content.

They have put so many walls in place to protect their stuff and now they blame CCP for no one wanting to try and take it.

...actually, they do create their own content. What does **** off dumb people like you is the fact they refuse to create YOUR content too. Be butthurt about this someplace else. HTFU.Lol
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#34 - 2015-08-15 00:13:34 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

I heard trollceptors were dying in droves (check the ones costing more than 50m) to people that actively use their space and the only real headache were the 100mn recons...like we warned you, they can and will die to anyone using their brain to find a counter instead of crying grrrceptors on the forums over and over.

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#35 - 2015-08-15 00:16:57 UTC
Killing trollceptors is not the problem.
Syn Shi
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#36 - 2015-08-15 00:27:35 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
You contradict yourself.
Build wall, sit back and get lazy and fat. No contradiction. Just you not thinking it through.

... or blame the beach for not having enough places to gather the sand and have more people building sand castles to rival those.

I don't go to the beach to rival others. I go to enjoy myself by doing things that I enjoy.
Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#37 - 2015-08-15 00:34:49 UTC
Syn Shi wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
Syn Shi wrote:
You contradict yourself.

I don't go to the beach to rival others. I go to enjoy myself by doing things that I enjoy.

Not when you're 5 years old!
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#38 - 2015-08-15 01:36:56 UTC
Kiandoshia wrote:
Basically they turned boring structure shooting into something more boring, which is quite impressive honestly.

Not having to reload/cycle/retarget is nice though. You can watch TV with far fewer interruptions.

Well I guess that's true, though remember that structureshooting does like using drones or lasers

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
Already Replaced.
#39 - 2015-08-15 07:50:51 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Quote:

Thirty six forum regulars having the same fight over and over, thread after thread is not really indicative of the player base as a whole.

Most people really don't give a rat's ass one way or the other. Sov simply doesn't affect the majority of players.

Mr Epeen Cool

so it's all really you posting lol RollLol
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#40 - 2015-08-15 10:34:50 UTC
Eli Apol wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

I heard trollceptors were dying in droves (check the ones costing more than 50m) to people that actively use their space and the only real headache were the 100mn recons...like we warned you, they can and will die to anyone using their brain to find a counter instead of crying grrrceptors on the forums over and over.

Correction, idiots are getting killed. The bulk are flitting around in cepters because they are nullified, fast and very hard to pin down because the simply refuse to engage. t3 destroyers are also doing much the same thing while people in cruisers is somewhat rare these days.