These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Stepping Stones

First post
Author
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#41 - 2015-10-01 07:43:59 UTC
Kenrailae wrote:
4 forum posts is still alot FT lol(yeah I'm included the additional details posts)

As far as adding a reason to do things in null over high sec, I think your answer there should be in structures. Refining arrays you can only anchor claimed space, or construction arrays, networks, observation arrays, infrastructure of many sorts, things that could only be fit or anchored in Null like the super capital construction arrays.

I agree that structures have the potential to be the "Jesus feature." Honestly, they cannot get here fast enough.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#42 - 2015-11-06 13:29:05 UTC
Now that we know more about the new structures, I'm interested to know what people think about being able to anchor them in NPC space. Presumably it will not require sovereignty to anchor a medium citadel in an NPC pocket. Right?

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#43 - 2015-11-06 14:32:46 UTC
If you were to replace "stepping stones' with 'risk free storage / staging area' your stepping stones idea is really bad.

If someone wants a remote area of space that is difficult to invade, then we all know where those areas are. Once the desire level outweights the difficult level, then folks will get in there and take them.

This has been lobbied for since the beginning of the 'fatigue and I'll quit' rage. It's a lost battle for good reasons.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#44 - 2015-12-19 15:07:49 UTC  |  Edited by: FT Diomedes
I prefer to think that of it as "manageable risk" storage, vice risk free storage. I would prefer to see players faced with annihilation by 10,000 Goons evacuating their own stuff to an indestructible NPC station 5-10 LY away than relying on magical space fairies to save it for them. In my mind, NPC stations would lack most most functions - no industry of any kind, no agents - just basically a big motel/gas station: refitting, repairs (at a hefty price), medical services. I would move the agents out of the station into space. Yes, you can live in a motel, but you end up eating delivery Chinese food and pizza, not grilling your own steak and lobster.

As for it being a staging area, that is precisely the point! Do you expect a small group trying to build a home in 0.0 establish an XL structure on day one? No, they will have to prepare the area first - build up the indexes, get some income stream going, then build a nice house to replace the sod hut they were living in before.

Arya Regnar
Darwins Right Hand
#45 - 2015-12-20 01:12:39 UTC
More NPC null is definitely needed, preferably as access points to far away null sections. Small pockets of NPC space, not regions, constellation or just a system here and there would be just fine.

EvE-Mail me if you need anything.

VirusMD
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2016-02-10 19:13:46 UTC
Even as a wh pilot i would support this, more systems did wonders for w-space PVP. Null should have the same chance.
Previous page123