These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Small Hull Specilization Advice

Author
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#21 - 2015-08-14 00:00:26 UTC
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Then i have to ask what "small hull" use medium or large missiles?
The thread is about advice for small hull, so its natural to assume we are limited to frigate/destroyer weapons Big smile

Smile this is what happens when I read missiles in the other forums, then read about small hulls and get remined of missiles again.
Wrong thread, wrong time.

But in response, Tsukino has said this very nicely already. Part of the whole tiericide was that we don't have bad ships in the small shipclasses anymore.

The progression is not tech 1 < tech 2 < tech 3, tech 2 is not always better but different and the tech 1 ships have never been better since I started.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Autism Intensifies
some random local shitlords
#22 - 2015-08-14 07:28:31 UTC
Hi, just thought i'd hijack this thread, as it's very similar to what i want to know.

I've just recently started again and want to focus on small hulls, too, and will most likely do PVP in the warzone.
I'm also going towards T3D, but want some novice action, too.

For this i'd likely want to fly faction or pirate frigs.

Do you guys have some good, current-meta fits for Dramiel, Firetail and other good frigs, as well as common opponents?

Really appreciate your input!
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2015-08-14 09:51:32 UTC
Focus on gunnery.
Train 2+ racial Frigate skills.
Train 2+ racial Destroyer skills

Add AF, Interceptor, EAF, Interdictors & 2+ racial Tactical Destroyer skills

when you then decide to move up to Cruisers you will be well placed for training
HAC, HIC, Recon & the T3('s) of your choice
Drone Skills will also be extremely useful at this point
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2015-08-14 12:57:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Bastion Arzi
you need different tools for different situations.

train all the weapons systems.

maybe you mean which should i train first? That sadly i dont know either, they all have thier strengths and weaknesses mix in a little be of what u want to do and what ur good at.

lazors -large cap requirement, requires decent range/transversal control due to poorer tracking than other gunnery weapons systems, good damage, instantaneous reload time, only 2 damage types em/therm

missiles/rockets - selectable damage type, , no need to worry about transversal and missiles will always hit. instead worry for the speed of the opponent - the slower they go, the harder you will hit (more or less), however missles have a travel time and 10? second reload time. Yes rockets are missiles as well. just a subcategory.

hybrids - when talking blasters - simply absurd damage, and excellent tracking however tiny range. You literally have to be sitting on thier face to hit them. 5 second reload time. use a bit of cap (not as much as lasors) dont get me wrong blasters are awesome. remember what i said about right tool for the situation? wel yaddayada. only two damage types here as well thermal and kinetic, however unless u facing a t2 caldari/gallente ship the dps is so high it doesnt usually matter.

autos - kinda selectable damage type, its a mix of types, with emp you get a bit of explosive abit of kinetic and a lot of em. with phased plasma you get mostly thermal and a bit of kinetic, with fusion u get mostly explosive and kinetic. decent overall range however more falloff than optimal. this means that a lot of th e time u will be fighting in falloff range doing less dps than if u were up close. good tracking (worse than blasters but better than lasors) 10 second reload time.

all these systems have thier uses think up a tactic and try it out. for example you now know that lasors have heavy cap use so use a neuting ship against those.

rockets missiles will always hit so when using those against a turret ship keep your transversal up making it harder for the turret ship to hit u, slow them down with a web or two so u hit harder. and if thier using lasers neut them as well. The vengeance is excellent for doing this.

in another situation a slasher is good vs an executioner for example.

i would continue onto long range weapon specifics but im at work so...

best oif luck on your journey and wp for sticking to smaller ships first. youll have more fun.
Specia1 K
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2015-08-14 15:38:33 UTC
For PvE I would suggest the Jackdaw (even though it looks like a flying antenna). Recommend you train Shield Upgrade 5, because the tanking you can do is stunning if you have the powergrid. It is a mini-Tengu.

PvP go with the Svipul (or Confessor). Ishkur or Worm for drone boats (depending on your wallet and playstyle).

Tsukino Stareine wrote:
assfrigs

Totally made my dayLol

Champion of the Knights of the General Discussion

Thunderdome

Skelee VI
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#26 - 2015-08-17 21:33:01 UTC
Faction frigs are fun.
Federation Navy comet
Republic fleet firetail
Caldari navy hookbill

All good choices.
I still love the dramiel
Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#27 - 2015-08-17 22:03:28 UTC
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
elitatwo wrote:
Mephiztopheleze wrote:
....Missiles: Selectable damage type and missiles recently got a huge nerf...

Carry on, I just corrected a small typo, nothing to see.

What is this light missile/rocket nerf your talking about?

Those are fine for the most part, I was talking about the medium and large ones.

Then i have to ask what "small hull" use medium or large missiles?
The thread is about advice for small hull, so its natural to assume we are limited to frigate/destroyer weapons Big smile

Bombers use super buffed torpedoes.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Fornost Fornostsen
Global Isk Network
Pen Is Out
#28 - 2015-08-21 08:24:04 UTC
Tsukino Stareine wrote:
there's absolutely no reason to bring an assault frigate over a T3D these days.

this :(
Previous page12