These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Plex hits 1b ISK in Jita

First post
Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#701 - 2015-09-23 22:50:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Aaron wrote:
I provided a link to CCP's website that
…doesn't say anything relevant. It offers no data, no evidence, no logic, no argumentation, no proof. You know, the things I just listed that you would need to provide?

Quote:
My info came stright from the horses mouth.
Your “info” is a game feature description. It holds no information about the market. As such, it is not info. In fact, it explicitly says that there isn't sufficient data yet.

Quote:
Unlike you I pay attention to what's happening and have a solid understanding of what I am talking about.
No. If you were paying attention, you would have noticed what I said. If you had a solid understanding, you would have noticed that the PR you offered didn't match. If you were capable of either, you wouldn't rely on baseless and spurious speculation.

Quote:
Skins are being used, I know they are not free, so guess what they have a value.
That was never in question. Like always, you just didn't pay attention and failed to understand this.

Before this, you've exhibited gross misunderstanding of how markets work, how PLEX work, how AUR works, how the account services work, how the EVE economy works, how logic works, and more recently how a very basic financial instrument works. Hell, at this point, I'm not even sure you understand how currency works.
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#702 - 2015-09-23 23:03:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron
Tippia wrote:

I think you're a teenage boy, you still live at home with mum and dad and you think you know how the world works which you haven't even experienced yet.

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#703 - 2015-09-23 23:03:43 UTC
Aaron wrote:
Having separate product types that each relate to different things is complicated? Listen, If I want a PLEX for isk then I should be able to buy one at the optimal value of whatever game time is worth, I seriously wouldn't be looking to pay for the vanity and advantage value because that value is of no use to me, only the game time plex would be of use to me.

You see it backwards, having one product type for everything is complicated.

That makes very little sense from any standpoint in PLEX transfer.

Buying from CCP only offers 1 item rather than several eliminating a series of individual PLEX type evaluations.

Buying in game offers 1 item which can be used, or consumed as needed, eliminating market complications for differing currencies and accidental wrong purchases.

Even the notion of vanity pricing is flawed because if people looked at the best return for RL currency that would still be an issue as that would just ensure fewer of the less isk valued variations of PLEX we purchased to place on the in game market, likely contributing to further in game price increases.

The whole idea is a no win.
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#704 - 2015-09-23 23:05:47 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Aaron wrote:
Having separate product types that each relate to different things is complicated? Listen, If I want a PLEX for isk then I should be able to buy one at the optimal value of whatever game time is worth, I seriously wouldn't be looking to pay for the vanity and advantage value because that value is of no use to me, only the game time plex would be of use to me.

You see it backwards, having one product type for everything is complicated.

That makes very little sense from any standpoint in PLEX transfer.

Buying from CCP only offers 1 item rather than several eliminating a series of individual PLEX type evaluations.

Buying in game offers 1 item which can be used, or consumed as needed, eliminating market complications for differing currencies and accidental wrong purchases.

Even the notion of vanity pricing is flawed because if people looked at the best return for RL currency that would still be an issue as that would just ensure fewer of the less isk valued variations of PLEX we purchased to place on the in game market, likely contributing to further in game price increases.

The whole idea is a no win.

Ok cool, CCP should just leave things as they are and accept the loss of valued customers who want to plex with isk for game time.

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#705 - 2015-09-23 23:07:33 UTC
Aaron wrote:
Ok cool, CCP should just leave things as they are and accept the loss of valued customers who want to plex with isk for game time.

Yes, they should keep from exasperating the issue further encouraging even worse fluctuations and manipulations in a fragmented system driving more people out.

Glad we agree.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#706 - 2015-09-23 23:08:42 UTC
Aaron wrote:
I think you're a teenage boy
I think you have no evidence, reasoning, or argumentation to support your case, which is why you so adamantly refuse to provide any and instead rely on fallacies to pick up the insurmountable amount of slack.

You have no idea about anything. This is the only thing you've managed to prove beyond any reasonable doubt.
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#707 - 2015-09-23 23:13:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron
Aaron wrote:

23 billion was wiped off of the value of the RL car manufacturer Volkswagen, was this due to nothing? No. Is it difficult to find out why it happened? No. You should accept that people have lots of attributes to draw upon, experience being one of them. I'm experienced enough to be able to see that once an action is taken to head down a certain path then consequences ensue.

I'd still invest in VW because they make great cars, I'd be looking at a long term investment due to it taking time to sort out the issues with their cars and their ethos toward business. They will get a better CEO whose goal will be to fix the problems and move forward. There's money to be made.

Can you see here that I am drawing upon experience because I have detailed knowledge about VW'?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#708 - 2015-09-23 23:18:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Aaron wrote:
abloo abloo abloo

Do you have any facts, data, evidence, logic, argumentation, models, or other proof to present in support of your stance?
Or do you only have fallacies?
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#709 - 2015-09-23 23:21:48 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Aaron wrote:
abloo abloo abloo

Do you have any facts, data, evidence, logic, argumentation, models, or other proof to present in support of your stance?
Or do you only have fallacies?

I feel like I'm looking in the mirror, I was just like you when I was a young lad. Smile

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#710 - 2015-09-23 23:23:14 UTC
Aaron wrote:
abloo abloo abloo

Or do you only have an ever increasing pile of fallacies that further prove me right?
Paranoid Loyd
#711 - 2015-09-23 23:27:26 UTC
Aaron wrote:
I feel like I'm looking in the mirror, I was just like you when I was a young lad. Smile
So how did you manage lose all your logic and knowledge?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#712 - 2015-09-23 23:27:43 UTC
Aaron wrote:

You should stop this thing you are doing. It's not on topic, not defending your position, not contributing to the conversation, and not actually making anyone but yourself look bad.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#713 - 2015-09-23 23:32:29 UTC
That's just his opinion.

You're fine.
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#714 - 2015-09-23 23:35:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Aaron wrote:

You should stop this thing you are doing. It's not on topic, not defending your position, not contributing to the conversation, and not actually making anyone but yourself look bad.

Sorry, I had to get a few digs in before the ISD comes with his virtual and righteous scissors.

Zihao
Doomheim
#715 - 2015-09-23 23:36:27 UTC
Its just my opinion that you should pay all or some portion of my monthly subscription. Not doing so, in my opinion, would be unjust and unfair as I have become accustomed to this treatment.

Please everyone take this opinion seriously or I will be forced to resort to non-sequitur statements and ad hom.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#716 - 2015-09-23 23:37:41 UTC
Aaron wrote:
Sorry, I had to get a few digs in before the ISD comes with his virtual and righteous scissors.

Too bad that you failed at that as badly as you did at providing any kind of support for your stance.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#717 - 2015-09-23 23:41:56 UTC
Threads like these are proof why you shouldn't vaccinate your kids.

They make kids artistic.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#718 - 2015-09-23 23:48:55 UTC
To hopefully break up Aaron and Tippi's spat (They do converse just like a married couple) It is interesting how plex prices work. It is pretty fantastic economics. Commodity trading. Isk to plex, and plex back to isk or consumed for a use. People buy plex with the commodity they receive from real world work to get plex. Said isk then has a value to real world work. I just find it fastinating. Person works, they mentally value their time to isk, compare it with said tokens they get for work and thus convert it to plex. People then invest same work directly into eve for isk to get plex. They now have put value on their time.

Result is a proportional trade of real world man hours. Kind of interesting the comparison. Plex seller is willing to give up some of the working time in exhange for more recreational time. Buyers place a value on their rec time compared to their working time. Would be interesting to calculate current exchange of working time to recreational time of buyers to sellers and the value they place on their time.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#719 - 2015-09-24 00:12:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Yang Aurilen
Can we all just agree with aaron without actually meaning it already? It's more productive now a this point to let him hear what he wants to hear than argue with him.

I'll start:

Yes aaron right oh yes he totally knows what he's saying yeah let's all agree with him.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#720 - 2015-09-24 00:20:45 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
To hopefully break up Aaron and Tippi's spat (They do converse just like a married couple) It is interesting how plex prices work. It is pretty fantastic economics. Commodity trading. Isk to plex, and plex back to isk or consumed for a use. People buy plex with the commodity they receive from real world work to get plex. Said isk then has a value to real world work. I just find it fastinating. Person works, they mentally value their time to isk, compare it with said tokens they get for work and thus convert it to plex. People then invest same work directly into eve for isk to get plex. They now have put value on their time.
Yup. That's the neat thing about PLEX — even with all the options of what you can buy with it, at its heart, it's still just time. If you want to make it even more fun, include the character bazaar in that chain and look what it is you're trading there. Blink

Quote:
Result is a proportional trade of real world man hours. Kind of interesting the comparison. Plex seller is willing to give up some of the working time in exhange for more recreational time. Buyers place a value on their rec time compared to their working time. Would be interesting to calculate current exchange of working time to recreational time of buyers to sellers and the value they place on their time.

It's a neat idea, but it rather falls afoul of how many different ways there are of making ISK in the game, and how quickly you actually earn ISK with each of them. You'll also raise all kinds of hell in trying to establish how you'll count, not just AFK earnings, but offline earnings — do you only count the set-up time, or the entire transaction, or some curious mix? You can probably establish some loose relationship, but it'll be a pretty wide span…

…but then again, that holds true on the seller end as well, since work time value is hardly a uniform measure. Would you match upper bound to upper bound (and what is the upper bound?!) and lower to lower?