These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Collective petition about fozziesov

First post First post First post
Author
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#201 - 2015-08-02 16:39:37 UTC
xxLATVIANxx wrote:
I was looking forward to fozzie sov, but last 2 weeks been most boring in 7 years playing eve.

Yeah, it ia a lot more fun holding sov you dont use, dont have to defend because of non-agression pacts and calling for highsec nerfs 23/7 because you had nothing better to do with your time, im sure you loved it.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#202 - 2015-08-02 16:45:58 UTC
Johan Civire wrote:
Redwyne Vyruk wrote:
I, as BOT manager and XWX manager, completely agree on this thread and i hope CCP will hear our voice.


You think CCP will listen? Think again. The have already change to game to iphone mode. That interface. Please do not let me started with the rest...


Players whining isnt justification for rolling back game changes and thankfully so.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#203 - 2015-08-02 16:54:15 UTC
Kalen Pavle wrote:
Remiel Pollard wrote:
Kalen Pavle wrote:
The fundamental problem of fozziesov is as follows:

It's not fun. It's not fun to attack a 1x system. It's not fun to attack a 6x system. It's not fun to defend any system.

This is a game. It should be fun. Instead I spend my time doing sov related stuff playing other games. Do you really want a game where the primary nullsec experience is alt-tabbing and playing another game?


Isn't that what it already was?


Previously through judicious use of capital ships you could reduce the boredom to mere minutes. Now the boredom is a predetermined amount of orbiting nodes playing world of warships.


Ill reword this so it is more clear:

1. we want old nullsec sov because we cant seem to fight frigates with titans.....to which i say, really, shocking!

2. I dont like actually fighting for my sov unless the fight is one im sure to win.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Crimson Draufgange
The Seven Shadows
#204 - 2015-08-02 16:54:48 UTC
For all you whiners that don't like fozzie sov:

"HTFU"
~ CCP

I think fozzie sov is one of the best things that has happen'd to this game. ADAPT OR DIE!

My Velator is overpowered.

"I use my hairgel to tackle my targets because it has a long lasting firm hold." - Me.

NovaCat13
Seymourus and Co.
#205 - 2015-08-02 16:57:48 UTC
Crimson Draufgange wrote:
For all you whiners that don't like fozzie sov:

"HTFU"
~ CCP

I think fozzie sov is one of the best things that has happen'd to this game. ADAPT OR DIE!


QFT

Just say NO to Dailies

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#206 - 2015-08-02 17:03:56 UTC
Nituspar wrote:
As an FC that's currently abusing all of these mechanics to our advantage, I fully agree with the need for all these changes and points that Uaxdeath brings up.

Being able to set entire regions on fire and making defenders have to deal with thousands of nodes due to 20-50 trollceptors sent from several regions away, without any intention or commitment to taking the sov we're attacking, is horrible gameplay for everyone involved. It just happens to be 5-10 times more horrible for the defender than it is for the attacker.

The system is currently extremely broken, and the current consensus between a lot of groups seems to be that the best way to deal with Fozziesov in its current state is to not care about it at all.


You use the loaded word abusing when what is actually occurring is you are using fair game mechanics to make life uncomfortable for another sov. as you should.

You are not committed to taking their space and i believe you but your implication that all people using this system think as you do is fallacious since you do not know their designs.

The current consensus you are speaking of is coming from the very groups this system was intended to upset and the system is doing just that, thanks for pointing that out.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#207 - 2015-08-02 17:04:58 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
xxLATVIANxx wrote:
I was looking forward to fozzie sov, but last 2 weeks been most boring in 7 years playing eve.

Yeah, it ia a lot more fun holding sov you dont use, dont have to defend because of non-agression pacts and calling for highsec nerfs 23/7 because you had nothing better to do with your time, im sure you loved it.

You find it sour, or bitter, I find it sweet.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Ninjafaq
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#208 - 2015-08-02 17:06:07 UTC
Fozziesov is the best thing happened in Eve for a long time. Finally sov alliances get to really defend their space and mostly the space they don't use.
Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#209 - 2015-08-02 17:07:13 UTC
Kalen Pavle wrote:
Tappits wrote:
Kalen Pavle wrote:
The fundamental problem of fozziesov is as follows:

It's not fun. It's not fun to attack a 1x system. It's not fun to attack a 6x system. It's not fun to defend any system.

This is a game. It should be fun. Instead I spend my time doing sov related stuff playing other games. Do you really want a game where the primary nullsec experience is alt-tabbing and playing another game?


that will not happen if you stop attacking empty space.

even a 6x system is now quicker to take than in domi sov... its just your trying to use domi sov tactics and ships to do it.


Except we're not. Orbiting nodes on alts is not fun. Orbiting them on mains is less fun. It's only quicker when you consider the additional timer. Actual time commitments are immensely longer than in dominion sov.

So you are having to fight, sounds good keep up the good work!

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#210 - 2015-08-02 17:12:26 UTC
Zappity wrote:
It seems to be promoting skirmishes but not battles. I would be concerned about the missing half of the equation if I was CCP.

What is keeping you from using fozziesov as a tool to engage sov holders in battle, nothing????

I think we have found the problem.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#211 - 2015-08-02 17:27:09 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
davet517 wrote:
Things will be fine when people get used to the new sov equation. The essential problem is that people have delusions of old grandeur, when an entity that could ...
... have fleet battles, will now have silly little gang / solo spats that could be better done in Low Sec if that is your style of playing the game.

Who said you have to idly sit back and do nothing with the new game mechanics, who insists you cannot attack your neighbor? You should have had to always defend what you have and steal your neighbors space.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#212 - 2015-08-02 17:39:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Maldiro Selkurk
Nituspar wrote:
Shonion wrote:
Nituspar wrote:
As an FC that's currently abusing all of these mechanics to our advantage, I fully agree with the need for all these changes and points that Uaxdeath brings up.

Being able to set entire regions on fire and making defenders have to deal with thousands of nodes due to 20-50 trollceptors sent from several regions away, without any intention or commitment to taking the sov we're attacking, is horrible gameplay for everyone involved. It just happens to be 5-10 times more horrible for the defender than it is for the attacker.

The system is currently extremely broken, and the current consensus between a lot of groups seems to be that the best way to deal with Fozziesov in its current state is to not care about it at all.


You wouldn't be able to do that if they live there. Its works as intend. You can say its not sweet, but still work as planned from my view. Just try to entosis some CFC systems where ppl live around, you will see the difference comparing with the south rus empty space.


Occupancy bonuses are something I've always been advocating for, just beacuse that's a facet of the current system doesn't mean the system as a whole isn't utterly flawed and designed for one side of any sov conflict to bore the other one to tears without any kind of meaningful fleet engagements ever happening, which is honestly the biggest problem with Fozziesov's design.

There's also quite a difference between having decent defensive bonuses tied to occupancy and using your space, and any systems you don't mine or rat in for a few weeks to be able to be burned down by a handful of people in trollceptors at almost any given time.

If you have not been there for a few weeks then it is time to get a group in there that will use it daily, working as intended.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#213 - 2015-08-02 17:47:23 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Throwing the gold apple in, "You don't use it for mining and ratting, so you are not using it and deserve to lose it. This makes it easy for small alliances to get some space," seems to be the general counter argument.

1) Said many times, there is more than those two ways to use systems.
2) Easy into space, easy out. These systems are honey traps and make delicious snacks for the huge estabilished alliances to farm and feed upon.

This is not some amazing equality mechanics, it is annoying for defenders who are griefed and it is devastatingly crushing for the naive.

Since nullsec has used griefing as you call it in things like burn jita, that you now claim griefing is bad gaming would be hilarious if it werent so pathetic.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#214 - 2015-08-02 17:53:59 UTC
Karer II wrote:
So. I saw two of the most frequent opinions: 1) you crying about your rent/RMT empire 2) you doing it wrong, adapt.

Well, let's see in facts.

Fact #1. Only one who can say "they doing RMT". This is CCP. If it says someone else, it's just unsubstantiated allegations. As coCEO I spend for my alliance 200$ per month for characters, hosting, licences and other stuff. I have good job and I don't need RMT.


You forgot to address the point that you're largescale renters.

Here, I gave you anoher chance to do so.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Kiandoshia
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#215 - 2015-08-02 17:58:02 UTC
Ninjafaq wrote:
Fozziesov is the best thing happened in Eve for a long time. Finally sov alliances get to really defend their space and mostly the space they don't use.


Yeah, troll ceptors avoiding trollceptors while trollceptors avoid trollceptors and oops, it's over already! Let's wait for the next vulnerability window.

It's not fun, not for the attacker and not for the defender.

I remember someone saying that trollceptors were not going to be a thing and here we are, trollceptoring the **** and will to log in out of each other :D
Oreiuus
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#216 - 2015-08-02 18:08:53 UTC
well...

I want the command node number decreased and/or you want an automatic win on uncontested timers.
Ninjafaq
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#217 - 2015-08-02 18:12:59 UTC
Kiandoshia wrote:
Ninjafaq wrote:
Fozziesov is the best thing happened in Eve for a long time. Finally sov alliances get to really defend their space and mostly the space they don't use.


Yeah, troll ceptors avoiding trollceptors while trollceptors avoid trollceptors and oops, it's over already! Let's wait for the next vulnerability window.

It's not fun, not for the attacker and not for the defender.

I remember someone saying that trollceptors were not going to be a thing and here we are, trollceptoring the **** and will to log in out of each other :D


if you ever participated in fozziesov ops you'd know that cepters used only for scouting...
https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/552/2435/original.jpg
Karer II
Doomheim
#218 - 2015-08-02 18:35:55 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Karer II wrote:
So. I saw two of the most frequent opinions: 1) you crying about your rent/RMT empire 2) you doing it wrong, adapt.

Well, let's see in facts.

Fact #1. Only one who can say "they doing RMT". This is CCP. If it says someone else, it's just unsubstantiated allegations. As coCEO I spend for my alliance 200$ per month for characters, hosting, licences and other stuff. I have good job and I don't need RMT.


You forgot to address the point that you're largescale renters.

Here, I gave you anoher chance to do so.


Give yourself chance to read whole post.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#219 - 2015-08-02 18:58:46 UTC
Kalen Pavle wrote:

Except we're not. Orbiting nodes on alts is not fun. Orbiting them on mains is less fun. It's only quicker when you consider the additional timer. Actual time commitments are immensely longer than in dominion sov.


Then don't live in space you actually have to defend if you don't want to...defend it...

There are places called low sec and high sec where you don't need to commit resources to defend space. Moving to null should be a conscious choice to put in effort to defend space.

How hard is it to orbit a node with an alt, and send out the call if someone shows up? Or better, use it as a recruiting effort, using rookies as scouts/defenders.

Don't whine when mechanics change, get creative and adapt to it. That's what EVE is about at the heart of it. Just because this is disrupting the massively safe blue doughnut doesn't mean you shouldn't adapt.
Kiandoshia
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#220 - 2015-08-02 19:01:49 UTC
Ninjafaq wrote:
Kiandoshia wrote:
Ninjafaq wrote:
Fozziesov is the best thing happened in Eve for a long time. Finally sov alliances get to really defend their space and mostly the space they don't use.


Yeah, troll ceptors avoiding trollceptors while trollceptors avoid trollceptors and oops, it's over already! Let's wait for the next vulnerability window.

It's not fun, not for the attacker and not for the defender.

I remember someone saying that trollceptors were not going to be a thing and here we are, trollceptoring the **** and will to log in out of each other :D


if you ever participated in fozziesov ops you'd know that cepters used only for scouting...
https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/552/2435/original.jpg


I have and they weren't =(