These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Share your experiences with Fozziesov!

First post First post
Author
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#161 - 2015-08-05 09:43:39 UTC
ISD Buldath wrote:
Let's not Post Any more kill mails On general Discussion, Thanks. That is for Crime and punishment.

Was not aware of it Shocked. Now I know. thx
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#162 - 2015-08-05 09:45:11 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
You know that a system is bad when mining is more rewarding game play than chasing away sov trolls. At least you get something with mining.

You guys are obsessed with the word "trolling"
What you regard as "trolling" to me is a genuine attack/herass to an IHUB, TCU or a Station.
If you dont want to protect it around the clock in space that you dont live well thats your issue but if you do want to protect it then you cant blame it on CCP or call it trolling just cos you decide to defend a system that is really far away from your home systems and that you dont actually bother living in it. To me its all your fault. If you were living in it, this would not happen. Simple.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#163 - 2015-08-05 09:53:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
Raz Xym wrote:
My experience for far has only been with cleaning up unanswered trolling events. And cleaning up after these is a bother. But perhaps they need to be bothersome, to encourage people to react to the initial flip.

So far, in my opinion, the general consensus in most fleets seems to be.... this sucks. I tend to agree the amount of organization/work just to perform the save is larger than the initial trolling action. Now I can come up with reasons why this is good and bad. But, for me, it is hard to really comment on this new system until there is an actual real invasion attempt.

Overall I think the system has merits. The initial flip might be a little to open to trolls. But as I suggested, this can be good and bad. Having been one of the people involved with cleaning up after a troll event, I can definitely.... yawn. But hey... these events would not have happened, most likely could not have happened under the old mechanism. And as people realize how bothersome the cleanup is, the less chance they will occur unanswered. Unless of course, they should not own the space in question.

Now... we just need to see it action. Enough of these trolling events. I want to see a full blown old fashioned organized invasion with defenders who can defend themselves. I know, wishful thinking.

Note: These are my opinions and my opinions alone. They in no way reflect the thoughts of anyone else.

But how are you going to see full action deployment invasion when you blue ball everyone, pay off people to go away and are not willing to deploy yourself to look for content? Thats another one of your coalition cause and effect. Dont blame eve or CCP for it. Beside we are the only game in towm in the north at the momment.
CCP wants to encourate small warfare. Fozzy sov does that. If it did not, you will not be here complaining. This does not mean that the large battle wont happen, but if you keep blue balling, its your coalition fault only.
Faenir Antollare
For Ever And Ever
#164 - 2015-08-05 10:23:23 UTC
I've learnt to hurry up and wait whilst orbiting gates menacingly.

RiP BooBoo 26/7/1971 - 23/7/2014 My Lady My Love My Life My Wife

Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#165 - 2015-08-05 10:41:47 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Raz Xym wrote:
My experience for far has only been with cleaning up unanswered trolling events. And cleaning up after these is a bother. But perhaps they need to be bothersome, to encourage people to react to the initial flip.

So far, in my opinion, the general consensus in most fleets seems to be.... this sucks. I tend to agree the amount of organization/work just to perform the save is larger than the initial trolling action. Now I can come up with reasons why this is good and bad. But, for me, it is hard to really comment on this new system until there is an actual real invasion attempt.

Overall I think the system has merits. The initial flip might be a little to open to trolls. But as I suggested, this can be good and bad. Having been one of the people involved with cleaning up after a troll event, I can definitely.... yawn. But hey... these events would not have happened, most likely could not have happened under the old mechanism. And as people realize how bothersome the cleanup is, the less chance they will occur unanswered. Unless of course, they should not own the space in question.

Now... we just need to see it action. Enough of these trolling events. I want to see a full blown old fashioned organized invasion with defenders who can defend themselves. I know, wishful thinking.

Note: These are my opinions and my opinions alone. They in no way reflect the thoughts of anyone else.

But how are you going to see full action deployment invasion when you blue ball everyone, pay off people to go away and are not willing to deploy yourself to look for content? Thats another one of your coalition cause and effect. Dont blame eve or CCP for it. Beside we are the only game in towm in the north at the momment.
CCP wants to encourate small warfare. Fozzy sov does that. If it did not, you will not be here complaining. This does not mean that the large battle wont happen, but if you keep blue balling, its your coalition fault only.

It's kind of hard to blueball when there's nothing even remotely credible as a threat for 50 jumps. I think the word you were looking for is blobbing. You guys keep getting your buzzwords mixed up.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#166 - 2015-08-05 11:26:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Raz Xym wrote:

It's kind of hard to blueball when there's nothing even remotely credible as a threat for 50 jumps. I think the word you were looking for is blobbing. You guys keep getting your buzzwords mixed up.

Nope, nothing with blobbing. You can blob all you want as log as you got the numbers and sufficient neutrals.
You got too many allied and not enough neutrals near by. Set to neutral allies or neighbours. Get on pvp ship, blow stuff up!
This was how it was in the old days(5 years ago).
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#167 - 2015-08-05 11:27:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
These are common themes I see over and over again. Lol
I will probably update this as more come.

I dont want to spend the day running after entosis ships! Owning sov/ihubs/stations is too tredious!
This is null sec. Its meant to be very dangerous. If you want to own something,
you got to protect it. If you cant protect its very likelly you are either out
gunned or have over extended your territories and do not have sufficient backup in the area.
Move into the area and defend and its very unlikelly it will get entosied or consolidate dont over extend your territories.

New sov does not encourages big battles! New sov is borring!
The sov is a small help to encourage small gang warfare instead of a big slugfest.
Quit blue balling everyone you find. Set your neightbours to neut and let the slug fest begin
Deploy to an enemy territory, put a pos and attack them. Dont blame CCP or new sov for your wrong doing.
Dont wait for the fun come to you. If you are an entity that pays off enemies to go away, stop doing it
if you want more action.

New entosing is like like mining! I want to shoot structures not entosis them!
While it may look like a mining lasor I dont see it that way.
I actually see it like a lasor. It has exact same mechanics. It get reinforced and needs
to be defended when comes out of reinforcement and blows up at the end just like in previous sov.

"Troll ceptor" entosis!
What you call a troll ceptor is a genuine to me attempt to attack and herass an enemy.
They are easy to defend against. A frigate with entosis cant warp away and has to orbit at
25km. Really easy to kill. A cruiser with tech 2 entosis cant warp away. Also easy to kill and catch with a ceptor.
You can also disrupt their entosis easelly with a dampener or ECM.
If you find your systems are getting entosied a lot, its cos they its very likelly you have over extended your territory
and have many empty or unoccupied. If it not, it would not get entosied.
If its empty and you are not living in it, its fair game and should be allowed to get entosied.
If you want to counter this, them move to the system. Easy fix.
If you have over extended, the drop sov in some of the regions and consolidate your power in less regions.
This will effectivelly prevent others from entosing.
Otherwise get renters or allies to occupy the systems and maybe they can help with the system defence.

Cant catch a "Troll ceptor" nullified!
Very easy to catch, get a fast ship lock ship like a keres and fill it with sebos and a point.
Trust me, it works. For the really hard ones, you can compensate with implants, faction sebos and or a booster.

CCP did not provide the tool with new sov!
True. CCP need to provide ways to see who attack, where, system status etc in game rather than offgame.
I would also like for it to allow still to be visible off game as not all of us can always have
a client at that momment.

Entosis should only be allowed in Battleships! Entosis ship should do 0 m/s speed!
You are over thinking it. Battleships need a buff in targetting, damage and tanking.
Battleships a middle layer between marauders and the current battleship.
The whole concept of entosis and battleship is contradictory.
Entosis ship should not do 0 metres per second cos its not a disposable cyno ship.
Its a very expensive module and the ship cannot warp. Its only chance is to try to out run you.
And as all things go, you should not be able to catch everythign you happen to see. Currently in the mecanics there is plenty of chance.

Bombers should be nerfed!
A properly fit carrier will need aproximatelly 30+ bombers to kill within 2 minutes.
Thats a lot of people to kill one carrier.
You can improve the tank even with a triage or have a cyno module for call for backup.
Also you can use links or even a booster to tank better.
Bombers are weak and easy to kill. Any frigate can kill a bomber easy.

EDIT
I moved out cos we spend all the time upgrading index via ratting or mining!
I dont want to be rude but there is no other way to say it. People are ratting and mining to make isk and not to increase the timers. You dont need that much effort to keep or increase the timers. If you really want to do that you can form a 100 man fleet and do it in two days to almost maxed out from almost zero. People are doing it for isk. To maintain an index level, you actually need very little activity. There are about 10 CFC renters in pure blind and they have max 5 people at a time in a system. They have kept the index up. If those renters can do it with 5 people surelly anyone can. Unless you are doing it wrong or the system is been constantly reinforced. Which has nothing to do with index level but more the inability to protect a system.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#168 - 2015-08-05 11:28:00 UTC
with the power of miss-a-death (because you're a trollceptor and :getout:), no buzzword is irrelevant as long as applied negatively to imperium

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
Ronins
#169 - 2015-08-05 11:40:10 UTC
ISD Buldath wrote:
Let's not Post Any more kill mails On general Discussion, Thanks. That is for Crime and punishment.

MFW when it's 2015 and this rule still exists.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#170 - 2015-08-05 11:47:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenn aSide wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
CCP doesn't like the term "fozziesov" which implies that this update has been a one man show. CCP Fozzie is the lead designer for Team 5-0, which is the team responsible for the sovereignty overhaul. There are 7 developers on Team 5-0, including CCP Mimic, CCP Punkturis, CCP Masterplan and CCP Lebowski.
Ok, how about "FoMiPuMaLe SOV?" Big smile
CCP Mimic, CCP Lebowski, CCP Fozzie, CCP Masterplan and CCP Punkturis
+SOV P
Can also be the PuMa FML team.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#171 - 2015-08-05 12:04:06 UTC
Icycle wrote:

What you regard as "trolling" to me is a genuine attack/herass to an IHUB, TCU or a Station.

Why? The person doing so has no desire to actually take the space or the structure. They're merely abusing the extremely low bar for the attacker that CCP has set.

Sounds like trolling to me.

So, I ask you this. Why should anyone without a desire to actually commit to an attack be allowed to do so in the first place?

Quote:
If you were living in it, this would not happen. Simple.

It happens whether you were living in it or not. It literally doesn't matter, because you still have to go play whack a mole with interceptors one way or the other.

Nevermind that, in doing so, you are forced to devote a great deal of your time per day chasing those broken ships. And, I should point out, that while you're doing so, you aren't living in your space either, or doing anything with your space. You're either babysitting every structure in your entire alliance, or chasing down the most broken hulls in the game.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#172 - 2015-08-05 12:19:49 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Icycle wrote:

Why? The person doing so has no desire to actually take the space or the structure. They're merely abusing the extremely low bar for the attacker that CCP has set.

Sounds like trolling to me.

So, I ask you this. Why should anyone without a desire to actually commit to an attack be allowed to do so in the first place?

Quote:

It happens whether you were living in it or not. It literally doesn't matter, because you still have to go play whack a mole with interceptors one way or the other.

Nevermind that, in doing so, you are forced to devote a great deal of your time per day chasing those broken ships. And, I should point out, that while you're doing so, you aren't living in your space either, or doing anything with your space. You're either babysitting every structure in your entire alliance, or chasing down the most broken hulls in the game.

I dont see it as an abuse. You can agree to attack sov or not. Its a choice. You can take it or not its also a chice. Why is it obligatory to take it? Its not a troll. Its only a troll if you choose to see it that way. I see it as an attack/herass. Its the front line. Front lines are meant to be attacked not carebear heaven area. Thats why they are called the front lines! It could bea large army, it could be a small army, it could be some bandits passing by. Its the font lines and its meant to be attacked.

Now you mentioned that it happens when you are living in it or not. Well if it happens in a system where you are living in, then well you did not bother with it, its your fault. You see your house on fine and do nothing, your choice! I would question is why you would let it happen when you live in the system in the first place? I know I wouldnt unless I dont live in it or over extended or dont have the numbers to protect it. You dont have to baby sit your entire alliance, but only the systems that are you can protect without over extending. If you over extended, its like any other game. You leave yourself weak to a counter attack!

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#173 - 2015-08-05 12:20:41 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Quote:

So Whack-a-mole sov really is more accurate than occupancy

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#174 - 2015-08-05 12:25:57 UTC
Icycle wrote:

I dont see it as an abuse.

Of course YOU don't. Most people don't have the ability to look at something honestly, if said thing benefits them, or even seems to benefit them.

Quote:
Why is it obligatory to take it?

This right here. That's why it's trolling.

Quote:
Front lines are meant to be attacked not carebear heaven area.

Then go kill somebody, don't fly around in an interceptor with no freaking guns.

Quote:

You dont have to baby sit your entire alliance, but only the systems that are you can protect without over extending.

And I suppose your definition of "over extending" is "not having five people per system on hand to chase down interceptors instead of actually playing the game or using their space".

That's not local conflict. That's babysitting. And that's not fun, engaging gameplay.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#175 - 2015-08-05 12:40:16 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Now you mentioned that it happens when you are living in it or not. Well if it happens in a system where you are living in, then well you did not bother with it, its your fault.
When it happens in space you are living in, you still have to chase down the interceptor. You still have to waste your time chasing a pilot designed for evasion who has no intention of taking the sov.

Simply put, if you have no intention of taking the sov and refuse to commit enough to actually take the sov, then attacking it should mean nothing. It's much like how if I go to an online POS and start shooting it with a frigate I'm not going to be able to take it down whether the owner intervenes or not. This should be the same. If you don't want to commit a realistic amount to contest sov, you shouldn't need to be considered a threat.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#176 - 2015-08-05 12:50:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Icycle wrote:

I dont see it as an abuse.

Of course YOU don't. Most people don't have the ability to look at something honestly, if said thing benefits them, or even seems to benefit them.

Quote:
Why is it obligatory to take it?

This right here. That's why it's trolling.

Quote:
Front lines are meant to be attacked not carebear heaven area.

Then go kill somebody, don't fly around in an interceptor with no freaking guns.

Quote:

You dont have to baby sit your entire alliance, but only the systems that are you can protect without over extending.

And I suppose your definition of "over extending" is "not having five people per system on hand to chase down interceptors instead of actually playing the game or using their space".

That's not local conflict. That's babysitting. And that's not fun, engaging gameplay.

So its trolling to attack and not take sov when all I do is gorrilla warfare? Really? Its not herassment its not gorrilla warfare, its not a drive by shoot out. Its trolling? You got the definition wrong. Nothing is black and white. There is also grey! Is that how close minded you are?

MOA is very small entity yes it responsable for the greatest number of kills of CFC. So we dont kill? And you can ask anyone, we always try and kill stuff and when we get blobbed we still try and kill stuff.

Definition of extending is having sufficient numbers to cover the defence of the system. If you get constantly attacked in a system by 20 and you only got 5, well...you are over gunned. So you either get more people to live in the system or you consolidate your forces to other systems and abbandon the ones you obviously over extended and cant defend!
Its null sec. Defend what you think is yours or lose it to a someone that wants it more than you do!
Grouchy Smurf
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#177 - 2015-08-05 12:57:15 UTC
Lets take it one step at a time:

Icycle, would you have a problem if the Entosis links were costed at 1 billion isk?
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#178 - 2015-08-05 13:01:43 UTC
Icycle wrote:

So its trolling to attack and not take sov when all I do is gorrilla warfare?

First, it's guerrilla, not gorilla. One is a method of warfare, and one is a large ape.

Secondly, it's not guerrilla, or warfare, it's a video game.

If you really want to do things like that, go kill people. It's not like there is Concord in nullsec, you don't have anything stopping you from going out and shooting them.

Quote:

Definition of extending is having sufficient numbers to cover the defence of the system.

I already know your source is your rear end, but go ahead and try to prove that statement.

Quote:

If you get constantly attacked in a system by 20 and you only got 5, well...you are over gunned.

But that's not what we're talking about at all. Nice try, though.

Quote:
Defend what you think is yours or lose it to a someone that wants it more than you do!

Except that you don't want it, you admitted that a while ago. You just want to troll.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#179 - 2015-08-05 13:03:39 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Now you mentioned that it happens when you are living in it or not. Well if it happens in a system where you are living in, then well you did not bother with it, its your fault.
When it happens in space you are living in, you still have to chase down the interceptor. You still have to waste your time chasing a pilot designed for evasion who has no intention of taking the sov.

Simply put, if you have no intention of taking the sov and refuse to commit enough to actually take the sov, then attacking it should mean nothing. It's much like how if I go to an online POS and start shooting it with a frigate I'm not going to be able to take it down whether the owner intervenes or not. This should be the same. If you don't want to commit a realistic amount to contest sov, you shouldn't need to be considered a threat.

I am going to repeat myself. FozzySov is meant to give a small bonus to smaller entities to be able to face a larger one. Its only a very small plus. You still got to get it to reinforce it, which is hard or destroy it after reinforced which is very hard to do if you are small and fighting the larger entity. So in my book unless you pull an ace, the smaller entity will find it very hard to do so. This is bad news for some blue balling and vast of empty and unused space. I think CCP should have done this ages ago!

Why should you get to keep space you dont use? Why should not be allowed to be contested? Why should we not destroy this blue ball? All of these are stopping and making null boring. Its time to inject some dynamics into the game, not the passive system we had in the past. Its null, and its meant to be chaotic in the front lines. The front lines should move back and forth and note remain the same.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#180 - 2015-08-05 13:06:32 UTC
Icycle wrote:
FozzySov is meant to give a small bonus to smaller entities to be able to face a larger one.

Once again, your source is your ass.

It is supposed to promote occupancy, which despite what you might think, does not mean babysitting your structures.

Quote:

Why should you get to keep space you dont use?

Whether they keep it or not has nothing to do with whether they live in it. It depends entirely on their tolerance for babysitting and whack a mole.

Best Meltdown Ever.