These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Share your experiences with Fozziesov!

First post First post
Author
Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#121 - 2015-08-04 11:44:42 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Kiandoshia wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Icycle wrote:


if you want content its easy. Deploy a pos on enemy system. Attack sov or station on capital region of your enemy.
Bubble their stations, hell camp them. It should be more than enough if they want to fight you. If they dont want, then nothing in the world will make them. Its very easy to find content. you just got to look for it and put a bit of effort.


I don't say you are wrong , or that new sov is totally bad - i only state that it current eve universe it lack good reasons to fight.
Maybe we need to wait , and see how new sov map will become .
I am sitting on the border , i have enemies in 3 directions ( "old sov groups").
No one cares much about contesting systems , big fights happen only when someone contest some "staging" , then groups are camping entry gates to constellation or a system - and i LOVE IT.

But this not happen often, most of the timers and fights we get is when some r64 moon needs to be hit or defended - and this is big fight - so 150 vs 150 , something that i and many players like, something that makes null different from FW.

This is good healthy nullsec , 300 man local is not a 1.5k blob from old days.
Even 50 vs 50 is nice , and i think that CCP need to focus on creating this kind of engagements , and currently only reason i see for this med scale fights are to happen are tower timers.

I hate this idea , if someone have better , then put it to CCP - but by boosting r16/r32 usage we can get this kind of fights.

This boost of r16 and r32 don't even need to be transferred to isk income, but to usefulness of the minerals mined in every day player operation.


Every time we entosis something we have probably about 20 people and they come to us with 100+ in less than 40 minutes. And if comes out of reinforcement, they litterally bring everything =), you name it, its there! So to me thats healthy in numbers.
r16 and r32 are always an issue. The problem is that the big entities wont let you keep any that are worth. So you got to fight for them. Sorry to be so blunt but .. Thats not a game problem but more of an alliance problem not having secured the resources to wage war. I know its a harsh truth to accept, trust me cos I have been there so many times Evil. You will be outnumbered and with no srp. Althought we have some SRP atm, the reality is that only covers certain circubstances. So the majority comes out of what I make and not SRP.


If sov null people had to pay the majority of it themselves, they wouldn't fly anything. If sov null alliances didn't have SRP, they'd cease to exist =p


Sorry thats not true. Eve has long history of people that have began without SRP and made it big. They have made it only their will, hard work, skills and numbers. The trick in this game is to strike this in balance against your enemy. Fail to do so and you wont get any where. Its a harsh truth but eve is cut throat. I can agree r16 "may" need a small buff but thats about it. But the buff is so small that its not a game changer by any means.


Began, yes. :D
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#122 - 2015-08-04 11:50:25 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
SRP, what is that? Lol
Not having SRP is one of the fun things, as you have to do some effort.

For me entosis should be a cruiser only module.
Fitted T1 cruiser cost less than T2 interceptor , it also require less skills - most important part - it is not nullified.


I dont see whats wrong with it.
I use both the cruiser and the interceptor. T1 or T2 cruiser is a choice. I prefer a T2 cos of of the resistances, range and speed.
Others may think otherwise.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#123 - 2015-08-04 11:52:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
Kiandoshia wrote:

Began, yes. :D


now you just trolling =)
Anthar Thebess
#124 - 2015-08-04 11:52:27 UTC
One of the things i like in the new sov is ability to keep enemy at gate - nullified interceptors negate this.
So this is the only reason.
Basil Vulpine
Blueprint Haus
Blades of Grass
#125 - 2015-08-04 11:55:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Basil Vulpine
Broadly speaking so far I'd say it's been positive but there is definitely room for improvement.

Background:
We are currently on the borders of a coalition so we have blues we can call on at need and reds next door. Our adjacent reds are about our size and an adjacent TZ, they themselves have larger allies they can call on. This means we are getting a lot of solo / small skirmish action which is pretty much what we want day to day. There are larger fleet fights as part of our coalition but significant TiDi is still pretty rare.

We've seen probably the whole range of possible options here - trollceptors, soloists picking away at timer nodes, small fleets covering ships busy toasting a node, large fleets camping in stations/choke points while nodes are cleared. RF attempts and timers that are just us vs reds, some which are us and blues vs reds.

What we haven't seen much of yet is contested defense where there is a high ADM present.

I think Aegis Sov is at its best when you manage to face off roughly equal potential entities, this is something that needs encouragement though this is probably very complex to do decently to avoid easy gaming. Allies in easy reach are almost as big as those present. My main surprises so far are the value of the shorter cycle time on the T2 link and the lack of sov that remains burnt out. People seem pretty fast to slap a new TCU down.

I know you've asked for anecdotes and stories, these take a huge amount of time to write up and there's always the nagging feeling that you are forgetting something or not giving due credit. I'm therefore going to be bad and put in a wishlist of changes with some reasons why.

Initial RF needs a degree more commitment. Something unused should still burn pretty fast, something heavily used should require commitment to put at risk. Possible options that spring to mind
- Higher ADM requires net more attacking entosis links. The easy option would be to make it equal to ADM. Net 1 defender still works as before.
- The ever popular "Needs a bigger ship" option. I feel this should depend on the ADM of the target rather than being a blanket change. I'm not in favour of making these too large, WH residents should be able to appear at timers and act more or less as random marauders. Maybe make hull size count as a number of points? Frig = 1, destroyer = 2 etc., a single BS (or 5 frigs) would let you threaten a structure in an ADM 5 system.

An actual take-over attempt should be much as it currently is. Setting fires in the hopes that something burns down because somebody else would follow up needs reducing. Maybe when a new node spawns over x limit (x is lower at higher ADM), despawn the oldest untouched one and count that as a defender victory. Or maybe give characters an "Entosis Focus" that goes up when you hit timer nodes, goes down when you attempt to initiate timers. Low focus takes longer to initiate timers or can't influence high ADM.

RF timers / value need some rebalancing. TCUs are by far the least valuable target. Stations are only a useful target if there's a steady population in them. Using Jita values:
- A TCU costs 85mil and is 5k m3 to move. Benefits are marginal.
- An empty IHub is 400m and is 60k m3 to move.
- An IHub that supports an ADM 5 system needs at least PDA3 and OPA3. That's over 1.1bil ISK and 130k m3 moved (total).
- That IHub should really have PDA5 and OPA3. That's over 1.7b and 230k moved (total).
- An outpost is 25b, many freighters but doesn't go pop. Unless you are moving in it'll be recaptured easily enough.

Active modules in an IHub should somehow increase its survival. For PDA and OPA it's not as if their value is a secret, just count the number of anoms spawned! Given the cost of the upgrade BPO sets I don't think a small alliance can be expected to have them but the IHub is the key to keeping a system. Even the smallest alliance that owns sov can't afford to slack on having these upgrades. Maybe if 6 or more active upgrades are in an IHub give it a 2nd RF timer? If 25 or more are active give it a 3rd one? That last threshold can only be achieved in a Mil 5 / Industry 5 system with at least 1 QFG installed. Or create a new strategic upgrade that gives an extra RF cycle, is consumed when the IHub is first RF'd and multiplies the maintenance bill by 2.

Entosis link long range and short cycle time needs to be split. The T2 link is a LOT more survivable than the T1. Sure it's more expensive too but the balance is off. Maybe 2 different T2 versions, one focussing on range the other on cycle time?

Mostly trolling isn't too much of a problem if you can respond with jammers and damps, home ground advantage and some tactical bookmarks. To add to the possible options for fixing trolling ships:
- Activating an entosis link for the warm up cycle causes a message in local.
- A fitted entosis link prevents use of nanite paste, an active entosis link increases heat generation.
- Cut the long range, no lower than 200km though. At 250km if you warp a sniper in it is still pretty easy to burn out of range.
- Fit an entosis link and a non-cov-ops cloak, get slower adjustments.

Re-assess inputs to Mil and Industry index so that they are reasonably equivalent in terms of "hours in space".
- Mil index is probably being raised by decent combat ships, an AFK Ishtar is probably a good average.
- Industry index is probably being raised by relatively decent tank mining ships. Skiff with Rorq boosts (core inactive) is probably a good average.
- Possibly weigh ice mining higher per m3 since it inherently takes longer to mine ice by volume than ore.
Ideally kill current index calcs and count time spent in space with active targeted high slots. Aggression timer = military, no aggression = industry.

I'd also still like to see some advantages to doing ratting/mining etc. in your own space vs others so that there is more incentive to own sov instead of use it
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#126 - 2015-08-04 11:58:54 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
One of the things i like in the new sov is ability to keep enemy at gate - nullified interceptors negate this.
So this is the only reason.



Nullified ceptor easy.
Steps
1 - Get arazu, fit it with sebos across the mids and one point.
2 - Warp to gate with gang.
3 - Point ceptor. The gang kills it.
You can also bring a booster if you want but its not reqired but makes it even easier.


Anthar Thebess
#127 - 2015-08-04 12:03:45 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:
One of the things i like in the new sov is ability to keep enemy at gate - nullified interceptors negate this.
So this is the only reason.



Nullified ceptor easy.
Steps
1 - Get arazu, fit it with sebos across the mids and one point.
2 - Warp to gate with gang.
3 - Point ceptor. The gang kills it.
You can also bring a booster if you want but its not reqired but makes it even easier.




Capital swarm easy , just drop 700 arty maelstorms to alpha each one of them per cycle.

But i think this is not the point Roll
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#128 - 2015-08-04 12:07:36 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:
One of the things i like in the new sov is ability to keep enemy at gate - nullified interceptors negate this.
So this is the only reason.



Nullified ceptor easy.
Steps
1 - Get arazu, fit it with sebos across the mids and one point.
2 - Warp to gate with gang.
3 - Point ceptor. The gang kills it.
You can also bring a booster if you want but its not reqired but makes it even easier.




Capital swarm easy , just drop 700 arty maelstorms to alpha each one of them per cycle.

But i think this is not the point Roll


ok thats good. you use your 700 arty maeltroms and alpha his maelstroms while he is busy killing inties or arazu. Hell you can even use something smaller and faster than an arazu. I wont tell you what it is but since you got a brain, i expect you to figger it out ;)
Anthar Thebess
#129 - 2015-08-04 12:12:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Anthar Thebess
Icycle wrote:

ok thats good. you use your 700 arty maeltroms and alpha his maelstroms while he is busy killing inties or arazu. Hell you can even use something smaller and faster than an arazu. I wont tell you what it is but since you got a brain, i expect you to figger it out ;)


My point is much simpler , when we want to resolve blob issue , don't tell others that brining more solve the issue.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#130 - 2015-08-04 12:34:45 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
Icycle wrote:

ok thats good. you use your 700 arty maeltroms and alpha his maelstroms while he is busy killing inties or arazu. Hell you can even use something smaller and faster than an arazu. I wont tell you what it is but since you got a brain, i expect you to figger it out ;)


My point is much simpler , when we want to resolve blob issue , don't tell others that brining more solve the issue.


We are outnumbered all the time so I dont know what you are talking about.
I dont know why you had to bring the maeltrom fleet you are talking about? You are the one that was talking about 700 maeltroms not me. The realisty is whats an ceptro is goign to do vs 700 mealtroms? Nothing is the answer, besides a cyno. But then again you could cyno before with a cheap nulli tengu and with a ceptor too.
I dont know why you are talking about large fleets in here. A captor cant do much vs a big fleet.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#131 - 2015-08-04 14:54:18 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:
One of the things i like in the new sov is ability to keep enemy at gate - nullified interceptors negate this.
So this is the only reason.



Nullified ceptor easy.
Steps
1 - Get arazu, fit it with sebos across the mids and one point.
2 - Warp to gate with gang.
3 - Point ceptor. The gang kills it.
You can also bring a booster if you want but its not reqired but makes it even easier.




And if you send 2 troll ceptor, I need 2 arazu + a gang to kill them?

You can also reduce the window between the lock and point application available to nearly nothing thus requiring a computer sitting damn near the server to catch them so bring 4 arazu instead just to be sure. This is getting stupid real fast don't you think?
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#132 - 2015-08-04 15:06:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:
One of the things i like in the new sov is ability to keep enemy at gate - nullified interceptors negate this.
So this is the only reason.



Nullified ceptor easy.
Steps
1 - Get arazu, fit it with sebos across the mids and one point.
2 - Warp to gate with gang.
3 - Point ceptor. The gang kills it.
You can also bring a booster if you want but its not reqired but makes it even easier.




And if you send 2 troll ceptor, I need 2 arazu + a gang to kill them?

You can also reduce the window between the lock and point application available to nearly nothing thus requiring a computer sitting damn near the server to catch them so bring 4 arazu instead just to be sure. This is getting stupid real fast don't you think?


no, you kill one and then you kill the other. It easy.
Well you are not suppose to be able to catch every ship you see =). Thats the design of everything in eve. There will always be one that got away ;)
What a troll ceptor going to do if it cant entosis? Besides you just warp cloak to the ihub or tcu. =). If it attempts anything, its dead.

You got understand why this was done. The interceptor was basically useless before. You could set up an insta lock fleet with a many bubbles and none will get throught. This is specially true if you had a large fleet and if you also deployed drones. This was the counter to it.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#133 - 2015-08-04 17:09:10 UTC
trollceptor, the ak47 of random spaceguerrillafighters

never let go of it

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#134 - 2015-08-04 17:36:00 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
trollceptor, the ak47 of random spaceguerrillafighters

never let go of it


a ceptor is easy to catch all you need is isk to buy a ship the ship properly and maybe one or two guys to kill it.
Its really easy compared to one of those guys with a booster alt that kills everything in their path and in order to be killed needs to be jumped by many.
Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#135 - 2015-08-04 18:00:42 UTC
Eli Stan wrote:
Eli Stan wrote:

(The Yrton constellation in Cloud Ring has been interesting to watch, though. Go check out how often Sov has flipped there since, and just prior to, Aegis.)


By my count, a sixth alliance has made a claim to a system in the Yrton constellation.

SpaceMonkey's Alliance
Quantum Collective (Technically, IIRC, SMA gave the systems to these guys just before Aegis Sov hit.)
Notoriously Incompetent.
V.e.G.A.
Mercenary Coalition
Boys without pants


Now up to TCUs from seven different alliances since Aegis implementation. OSS, the alliance of Black Omega Security, has put down a TCU.

Small alliance Boys without pants (SLIP) had a run-in with BL, I see, and lost a few Mallers and Augorors.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#136 - 2015-08-04 18:11:08 UTC
Eli Stan wrote:
Eli Stan wrote:
Eli Stan wrote:

(The Yrton constellation in Cloud Ring has been interesting to watch, though. Go check out how often Sov has flipped there since, and just prior to, Aegis.)


By my count, a sixth alliance has made a claim to a system in the Yrton constellation.

SpaceMonkey's Alliance
Quantum Collective (Technically, IIRC, SMA gave the systems to these guys just before Aegis Sov hit.)
Notoriously Incompetent.
V.e.G.A.
Mercenary Coalition
Boys without pants


Now up to TCUs from seven different alliances since Aegis implementation. OSS, the alliance of Black Omega Security, has put down a TCU.

Small alliance Boys without pants (SLIP) had a run-in with BL, I see, and lost a few Mallers and Augorors.


yep, some nice content there. I think no one is really interested in it but having fun Big smile
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#137 - 2015-08-04 18:35:01 UTC
Icycle wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
trollceptor, the ak47 of random spaceguerrillafighters

never let go of it


a ceptor is easy to catch all you need is isk to buy a ship the ship properly and maybe one or two guys to kill it.
Its really easy compared to one of those guys with a booster alt that kills everything in their path and in order to be killed needs to be jumped by many.


With links, you can make a ceptor uncatchable (under 2 sec warp) even with a fitted entosis module fitted and online. The fun part is you can also have your links uncloaked just when you need an fast warp and the cloak it so it can't be probed.

Pretty sure it work even with ghetto level (T1 CBC + T1 link) of links.
Billy Bojangle
Doomheim
#138 - 2015-08-04 18:39:37 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Icycle wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
trollceptor, the ak47 of random spaceguerrillafighters

never let go of it


a ceptor is easy to catch all you need is isk to buy a ship the ship properly and maybe one or two guys to kill it.
Its really easy compared to one of those guys with a booster alt that kills everything in their path and in order to be killed needs to be jumped by many.


With links, you can make a ceptor uncatchable (under 2 sec warp) even with a fitted entosis module fitted and online. The fun part is you can also have your links uncloaked just when you need an fast warp and the cloak it so it can't be probed.

Pretty sure it work even with ghetto level (T1 CBC + T1 link) of links.


First post in a newly minted OGB thread.
Lim Yoona
#139 - 2015-08-04 18:51:56 UTC
Icycle wrote:
a ceptor is easy to catch

Yeah ok. I'd like to see you catch this guy https://beta.eve-kill.net/character/387379738/

We will call this exhibit A. folks. Here we see the uncatchable interceptor in its natural habitat. It warps in less than 2 seconds, you cant catch it on a gate, its nullified and even if you point it, it burns out of range and warps away. Enough dps to kill from battleship on down, tech 3's included. Thanks Fozzie.
Icycle
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#140 - 2015-08-04 19:15:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Icycle
Lim Yoona wrote:
Icycle wrote:
a ceptor is easy to catch

Yeah ok. I'd like to see you catch this guy https://beta.eve-kill.net/character/387379738/

We will call this exhibit A. folks. Here we see the uncatchable interceptor in its natural habitat. It warps in less than 2 seconds, you cant catch it on a gate, its nullified and even if you point it, it burns out of range and warps away. Enough dps to kill from battleship on down, tech 3's included. Thanks Fozzie.


He obviously is doing this with implants, possibly faction fits and possibly a booster. So its safe to say he put a lot of bling to it.
So get a ship with a fast look, get faction sebos, get expensive implants, get booster. Voila. You got to go to extreme with extreme setups. He is not good just cos he is in an interceptor. He is good cus he went to extremes to get like that. So you got to go extremes to catch him. You have to counter extreme with extreme unless he makes a mistake some where

Oh look, he has been caught before....hmm i wonder how its ever be possible??? Blink
https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/47714318/
But wait I got more...
https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/47499813/
https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/47498803/
https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/47273370/
https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/47260555/
https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/47060536/
https://beta.eve-kill.net/kill/47028225/

Do you want even more?